Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 (7850 Views)

Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? / Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
I was driving in Pontiac Vibe 2004, feeling fly at 160KM/H, Suddenly, my side mirror displayed a car that look like Honda approaching fast, so, since I was feeling fly, I decided to fly by maxing out the car to 180KM/H, my new speed was actually effective because I noticed the car in mirror was getting smaller and smaller. Then suddenly, we reached a check point and the real adventure began..
The car following me was actually a Honda Accord 2010, driven by middle aged man. So after the checks were over, we continued over journey. I depressed the pedal hard to gain a considerable head start, in fact, the car had to hit the red line before engaging the second gear(The car is automatic by the way), but surprisingly, the dude in Accord just came from the back and over took me like a bullet, in fact, I had to check whether I'm on jack or something, the guy just disappeared in thin air. So I said okay, let me hit my top speed so that I can catch up with him, but, as I'm talking to you now, the guy no where to be found and I'm am presently in my destination.

5 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Enyimbamercedes: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
So in summary, you were thinking you could use your 1.8 litre toyota corolla to race with a 2010 accord which could be a 2.4 litre i4 or a 3.5 litre v6. Let's say you saw a Honda city or civic in your rear view mirror...you may have stood a chance. Anyway, lesson learned, choose your battles wisely.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by donfidel(m): 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Pontiac Vibe 2004 against Honda Accord 2010. Need I say more?
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:
So in summary, you were thinking you could use your 1.8 litre toyota corolla to race with a 2010 accord which could be a 2.4 litre i4 or a 3.5 litre v6. Let's say you saw a Honda city or civic in your rear view mirror...you may have stood a chance. Anyway, lesson learned, choose your battles wisely.
Lesson surely learned.. But you know, sometimes you gotta try before getting defeated.. So exactly what I did. Had it been I knew it was 2010, I'll would have respect my self..

1 Like

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
President Buhari, please continue your good work in bettering the economy by instituting economic measures.

Nigerians are still wasting fuel by racing on public roads so they are still comfortable, please tighten the austerity measures some more. For example, petrol is still too cheap, it should be about N500 per liter.

Let's have higher customs duties on vehicles having more than 1.6 liter engine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
EgunMogaji:
President Buhari, please consider your good work in bettering the economy by instituting economic measures.

Nigerians are still wasting fuel by racing on public roads so they are still comfortable, please tighten the austerity measures some more. For example, petrol is still too cheap, it should be about N500 per liter.

Let's have higher custom duties on vehicles having more than 1.6 liter engine.
Classic jibes at the president..

1 Like

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
I have toyota 1zz-fe engine for sale when you are done with racing.

I see Jan will be good for bois

15 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sunymoore:

Classic jibes at the president..

No jabs here.

I fully support His Excellency and Commander In Chief.
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Oga gazzuzz, that engine is still healthy and sound.. In fact, I love the transmission engaging at such high speed..
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sunymoore:
I was driving in Pontiac Vibe 2004, feeling fly at 160KM/H, Suddenly, my side mirror displayed a car that look like Honda approaching fast, so, since I was feeling fly, I decided to fly by maxing out the car to 180KM/H, my new speed was actually effective because I noticed the car in mirror was getting smaller and smaller. Then suddenly, we reached a check point and the real adventure began..
The car following me was actually a Honda Accord 2010, driven by middle aged man. So after the checks were over, we continued over journey. I depressed the pedal hard to gain a considerable head start, in fact, the car had to hit the red line before engaging the second gear(The car is automatic by the way), but surprisingly, the dude in Accord just came from the back and over took me like a bullet, in fact, I had to check whether I'm on jack or something, the guy just disappeared in thin air. So I said okay, let me hit my top speed so that I can catch up with him, but, as I'm talking to you now, the guy no where to be found and I'm am presently in my destination.

Pontiac??! Lmao! You sef no try.
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:

Pontiac??! Lmao! You sef no try.
Aunty me, no be my fault wo.. I was feeling fly till I find myself grounded
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Alvin007: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
Op...

3 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sunymoore:

Aunty me, no be my fault wo.. I was feeling fly till I find myself grounded

Hehehe. I know the feeling.

My Baby Boy would smoke your Pontiac too. Make I just finish fixing the transmission first. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Don't mind him. cheesy
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Alvin007: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:

My Baby Boy would smoke your Pontiac too. Make I just finish fixing the transmission first. grin

I4..?...No!
V6..?...Yes!
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sunymoore:

:POga gazzuzz, that engine is still healthy and sound.. In fact, I love the transmission engaging at such high speed..

continue red lining..... you are almost there....

4 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Alvin007: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

But, isn't that the time the vvt-i changes? angry
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by nurey(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Same thing with all this Toyota corolla sport users, always flexing muscle with their 1.6L and 1.8L engine. Abegi call when the real boiz are in the hood.

Uncle EgunMogaji please oooo let us continue to experience our 5 minutes madness thinking our cars are McLaren P1, we need it to suppress death wish

Happy leap year all, oops am drunk again

2 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Kjnwancaro: 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
remember rio 2016 when Mr 'I never hexperred it' Devine Odururu raced with usain bolt and came second? He was hoping to drag race with bolt on the semi finals but I think he came last or 2nd from behind can't remember. Op take heart
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:

Your baby boy will be dealt with. I drive adult man for that matter..
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Noted.. I'll hit redline no more cool
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by mayor2013: 1:02am On Jan 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by kingreign(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2017
Sunymoore:

Lesson surely learned.. But you know, sometimes you gotta try before getting defeated.. So exactly what I did. Had it been I knew it was 2010, I'll would have respect my self..

For your mind you dey race. Keep it up. We are always willing to assist you rev till 8000 rpm. cool cool
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by captainking(m): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2017
MsDelilah:

I concur with you 200%....first half experience..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Lexusgs430: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2017
Alvin007:

But, isn't that the time the vvt-i changes? angry

Don't mistake a VVTi for a VVTLi. Two separate engines and tolerance levels are very far apart......
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2017
kingreign:

For your mind you dey race. Keep it up. We are always willing to assist you rev till 8000 rpm. cool cool
Easy on your boy now.. I will upgrade, God's willing. And it will be a V6 or nothing..
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
Pontiac vibe of all cars?
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
tpacalipse:
Pontiac vibe of all cars?
Aint it same with a Toyota Matrix.
Same chasis and train except for the name on the body.

1 Like

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by IamRespected: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
How on earth did you think you can dust it ? It's like using a bicycle to race a powerbike
Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by talktimi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Same thing here when I was "disgraced" by an ML 45 AMG some years back while feeling funky in my Honda Pilot. I actually had a healthy distance on him as I was busy dusting other cars on my way to the airport but that car na better winch grin

4 Likes

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by adanny01(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
Sunymoore:

Not just a 2010. A 2003 would do you same. At least you should have checked if it has double exhaust pipes, so yo know you stood no chance.

1 Like

Re: I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 by Sunymoore(m): 6:09am On Jan 03, 2017
adanny01:

Not just a 2010. A 2003 would do you same. At least you should have checked if it has double exhaust pipes, so yo know you stood no chance.
Bro, I think it's an I4, even at that, the car was a bullet

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict / Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja / Thread For Air Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.