Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) (12950 Views)

Where Did You Spend Your 2019 Cross Over Night? / The Jamboree Tagged @nurtw #corruption Anniversary Celebration / Muslim Cleric Urges FIFA To BAN Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
"Next year is my year! My year of breakthrough, success and divine upliftment." — So says the yearly 31st Mantra.

We go to cross-over services, make resolutions, undergo some sort of illusional "clean up" within the edifices of our personality, assume a new state of being for just about the first few weeks before incontrovertibly reverting to our default settings.

We seem more occupied with creating mental pictures of wishful "would-be's," rather than actually figuring out how significant every passing year is to our lives.

It's indeed sad and it goes to show how planless and — so to speak — directionless a vast amount us are about life until it apparently gets to where you'd have to rush through life than you ought to.

Take a look at these for a moment:

* What exactly have you done within the last few years to better your life than you perceive it to be other than just hope?

We are the most hopeful yet the most pathetic; a suffering-and-smiling generation that bases her entire existence on just one thing: hope. For how long will "next year" — which surely never ends — continue to be "YOUR year" yet not so true. When does Hope get exhausted, in the grave?

* How and where do you see yourself next 31st?

Be real, have you got any plans on how you intend to work on those resolutions or are they just ceremonial wishes? Examine the difference between what you were last 31st and this and where you see yourself in the next?

The clock is ticking and it isn't waiting for you, or me or anyone, it's on its way to the next 31st and the next after that and sooner or later the shades of grey on your head would begin to question if there are many 31sts left to see. So why not start now to make a difference?

* What happens if 10 years from now, the job market gets saturated or your services are no longer required?

It is no secret that the job market is on a high-velocity nose-dive as companies are constantly looking for how to cut costs on labour thus the increase in Machine automation. Take a quick look at how much of the once human-induced labour has been taken over by technology and you may as well see a future apocalypse for paid employment.

So what happens ten years from now when there's little or no job available for your well-deserving qualifications, blame the government as usual?

* What if I told you you're closer to your grave than you think?

I can almost hear you subtly saying to yourself "that's not my portion," really?

Knowing how "religious" we get whenever we come across this subject, it comes as no surprise to me why it is dealt with such laxity.

Yearly, children are being born into absolute squalor where their procreators are neither fit nor capable. It is, to say the least, unfair that these kids are — so to speak — merely products of wild oestrogens and testosterones rather than planned parenthood thereby exposing them to avoidable extremities. And when Nature knocks and the bucket is kicked we leave this helpless children with just themselves to look up to.

So it's time you asked yourself what exactly you are doing for these precious kids (whether they're unborn or already here) and what you intend to leave behind with them when you kiss this world goodbye.

In summary of all these, did you just go to that cross-over service to make that regular new year wishe like you've always done OR are you willing and ready to make this different and INDEED bring those things into reality in 2017?

Have a rethink, go back to that drawing board and do whatever it takes to make this a REAL HAPPY NEW YEAR;

Wish you all the best guys...

Kriss Ray

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Lalasticlala. Mynd44, farano, fynestboi, happy new year guys.

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by spartan117(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
Happy new year nairaland

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun farano ishilove tosyne2much vizkiz fynestboi falconey trapqueen77 berlynn refiner lanicky twaci you guys better leave that party and come read this one ooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Wooooow

This is very inspiring and I learnt one or two things

5 Likes

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by lindq: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
This is soooo informative, tnx alot op lalasticlala dis shud be in fb asap

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Omotayor123(f): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
on point op.
oh...Happy New Year dominiquesmiley

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by jobsat34(m): 12:42am On Jan 02, 2017
Ododo Oro re ooo

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
jobsat34:
Ododo Oro re ooo
grin
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
Omotayor123:
on point op.
oh...Happy New Year dominiquesmiley

thanks dear
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
lindq:
This is soooo informative, tnx alot op lalasticlala dis shud be in fb asap

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Wooooow
This is very inspiring and I learnt one or two things
thanks brotherly
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
spartan117:
Happy new year nairaland
same to you bro
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by uzoexcel(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Reiyvinn:

grin
Nice onebro
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
uzoexcel:
Nice onebro
thanks bruh!
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2017

That's just a waste of time

If you're destined to die today, you must die today, no amount of "Blood of Jesus" or "it's not my portion" can save you

Or people saying "2017 is my year of breakthrough" what is yours is yours, don't stress yourself, you can stay in your house and make millions of dollars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by olaolulazio(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
I didn't read it all tho!

Happy new year.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Kingxway: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by awoo47: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
patiently waiting 4 nxt yr cross overangry
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by worlexy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Pavore9: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
A nice read.

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by emmanuel596(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
angry
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by HtwoOw: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
hehehehehe

Now it's wailing time for MMM magas
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Dindondin(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by dokunbam(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
All will be well
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by SexyNairalander: 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
booked
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ednut1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
True

2 Likes

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
grin
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by haibe(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Best post of the year

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by damiloladuke: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Everyday is a holiday for me. Bitcoins give me reasons to be happy everyday, through God's grace
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ugochukwufrenzy: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nıce one bro...d fucck crew are comıng.they wıll say somethıng reasonable.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Tkayhandsome(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Face reality.
You just added another year to age.
No job
No light
No money
Please bring back the days when we were little kids without worry.

No worry for food
No worry for money and school fees
No worry if we were married or single
No worry of sex like the way konji comes these days

Please bring back the days when we were young

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyer Among Car Snatchers Arrested In Abuja / A Nairalander's 2017 Prophecies / Checkout Pictures Of Nigerian Girl Dancing On Stage With No Panties!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.