Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,342 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? (49317 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Lost Calendar From Iphone X? / Appleā€™s Working On A Fix For Mass Icloud Calendar Notification Spam / How To Transfer Calendar From Samsung S4 To S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
See I fit slap person if you talk that nonsense of Those wey give fvck went that away, Nairaland people sabi mad sha...who start this craze?

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by smilingface(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2017
hmm.they are forturnate I guess.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 01, 2017
Becos the catholic church and the pope had and still has a lot of influence.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by seanmatt17: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2017
These questions as been rolling on my lips ever since....anyways as for me its jst a normal day we shld jst try n improve in our faith n know more about our our religion!!!
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Emu4life(m): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.
Lie of the CENTURY. 1st Muharram is Islamic new year
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Mockinbird: 10:21am On Jan 01, 2017
Emescot:
You too talk jor... Happy New year to anyone reading this.
New year resolution: Less Internet, facebook, whatsapp, NL, NaijaL and the rest. I can do it, i know i can
New Year's is just a holiday created by calender companies who don't want you reusing last year's calender.

STOP treating New year's like some sort of life-changing event.
If your life sucked last year, it's probably still going to suck tomorrow.

#Fact.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by wtfCode: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2017
Whoever made calender n' clock,must be a super genius.
Goodmadnessing
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by AboveGod: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2017
kcnwaigbo:

Rome was no longer a world power when the Gregorian calendar was instituted.In fact the calendar was instituted over 1000 years after the fall of the Roman empire and decades after the Protestant reformation
Okay, but,their influence was still felt. Because, today's western power emerged from there.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Caseless: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.
Muslim celebrate our new year and all our events(e.g fasting, eid, maulud) are held using the hijra calendar.

Most Islamic countries use it more.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by shynox: 10:50am On Jan 01, 2017
ShakaZullu:

Please permit me to ask this question

coz it belongs to gods
Origin of the Names of the Months
January: Janus, Roman god of doors, beginnings, sunset and sunrise, had one face looking forward and one backward,
February: On February 15 the Romans celebrated the festival of forgiveness for sins; (februare, Latin to purify),
March: Mars, the Roman god of war,
April: Roman month Aprilis, perhaps derived from aperire, (Latin to open, as in opening buds and blossoms) or perhaps from Aphrodite, original Greek name of Venus,
May: Maia, Roman goddess, mother of Mercury by Jupiter and daughter of Atlas,
June: Juno, chief Roman goddess,
July: Renamed for Julius Caesar in 44 BC, who was born this month; Quintilis, Latin for fifth month, was the former name (the Roman year began in March rather than January),
August: Formerly Sextilis (sixth month in the Roman calendar); re-named in 8 BC for Augustus Caesar,
September: September, (septem, Latin for 7) the seventh month in the Julian or Roman calendar, established in the reign of Julius Caesar,
October: Eighth month (octo, Latin for cool in the Julian (Roman) calendar. The Gregorian calendar instituted by Pope Gregory XIII established January as the first month of the year,
November: Ninth Roman month (novem, Latin for 9). Catholic countries adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1582, skipping 10 days that October, correcting for too many leap years,
December: Julian (Roman) year's tenth month (decem, Latin for 10).

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2017
Mockinbird:

New Year's is just a holiday created by calender companies who don't want you reusing last year's calender.

STOP treating New year's like some sort of life-changing event.
If your life sucked last year, it's probably still going to suck tomorrow.

#Fact.
jesu!!! you no get joy atall
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2017
Caseless:
Muslim celebrate our new year and all our events(e.g fasting, eid, maulud) are held using the hijra calendar.

Caseless ma boy happy new year Insha'Allah amin grin
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by temmy2015(m): 11:18am On Jan 01, 2017
Agulimah:
Because Mr Gregory na big man
cheesy

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by 4watever: 11:39am On Jan 01, 2017
The truth is that science and Christianity are interwoven. And as much as Seun and the other atheist would like to disparage Christianity, their world (and indeed the entire world) has been shaped and governed by laws which emanate from the application of principles in the bible.
The bible is the greatest book of philosophy ever written.

It encourages hard work, supports research, encourages you to excel, tasks you to the limit and contains d deepest wisdom known to man.

Even If you never heard of Christianity or Judaism and you come accross a bible and start reading out of curiosity; before you are halfway gone, the deep truths will start hitting you like heavyweight punches.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by jericco1(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2017
abeg I don't understand
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2017
ShakaZullu:

Please permit me to ask this question

That's not true!. Every nation is not celebrating the new year today. Chinese new year for example; fall on the following days:-

2017 date Saturday, 28 January.
2018 date Friday, 16 February.
2019 date Tuesday, 5 February.

The only reason it appears that way to you is because as Dr. John. H. Clarke put it 'in slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain removed without opening the skull'. Everything about us has been stolen and replaced with whatever white people want us to believe.

The Arab world also do have their calendar and I' am sure this's not new year day in Saudi Arabia.

But, since your question is "why" I'll go straight to why.

What happened is that when Rome was a world power, the popes, example; Pope Alexander Borgia IV, after stealing world history to their credit, including changing the image of Jesus Christ who was originally a black man to his son a white man, also used the date of the birth of the fake Jesus as the beginning of time.

The early Roman catholic even made a mistake, cause modern calculation put the death of Jesus around 1,505 years ago not 2,000 years ago.

Of course, dfferent countries still use their own calendar internally. I' am sure North Korea is not celebrating the new year today.

Really, the question you're asking is like asking; why does every country use the US dollar?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by 4watever: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2017
naijatoonz:
Happy new year people. Imo it is the most consistent and reliable calender. With other calendars e.g lunar islamic calender you could be in summer on Jan 2013 and winter in Jan 2020. But you will most likely not have the rainy season in December.

Islamic lunar calender ?
A confused calendar from a confused religion put together by a confused warlord and followed by confused people.
Islam is very far removed from science and reality
Allows for no innovation and free thinking.
A form of enslavement which seeks to keep its followers perpetually in a state of confusion

Untill everything progressive becomes haram

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Danpotter(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2017
The chinese will celebrate their new year on jan 28 and the indians on april. This both countries alone constitute over 40 percent of the world population, and many more others
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

That's not true!. Every nation is not celebrating the new year today. Chinese new year for example; fall on the following days:-

2017 date Saturday, 28 January.
2018 date Friday, 16 February.
2019 date Tuesday, 5 February.

The only reason it appears that way to you is because as Dr. John. H. Clarke put it 'in slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain removed without opening the skull'. Everything about us has been stolen and replaced with whatever white people want us to believe.

The Arab world also do have their calendar and I' am sure this's not new year day in Saudi Arabia.

But, since your question is "why" I'll go straight to why.

What happened is that when Rome was a world power, the popes, example; Pope Alexander Borgia IV, after stealing world history to their credit, including changing the image of Jesus Christ who was originally a black man to his son a white man, also used the date of the birth of the fake Jesus as the beginning of time.

The early Roman catholic even made a mistake, cause modern calculation put the death of Jesus around 1,505 years ago not 2,000 years ago.

Of course, dfferent countries still use their own calendar internally. I' am sure North Korea is not celebrating the new year today.

Really, the question you're asking is like asking; why does every country use the US dollar?.
meaning you don't understand the write up

i didn't dispute the calender of other countries or religions the question is why is gregorian calender the only acceptable calendar worldwide
it's not about them celebrating new year today it's about the official useage they're bound to use it
for example will Chinese count your visa according to their calendar?
see whether they accept it or not they must follow it so next time before you write something first read and digest
eehm about Jesus being black simple logic should tell you that Jews ( Israeli) are 98% Caucasians so spare me the fallacy
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
Danpotter:
The chinese will celebrate their new year on jan 28 and the indians on april. This both countries alone constitute over 40 percent of the world population, and many more others
even Muslims celebrated their own i think Last two months but will an Indian firm pay their workers according to their calendar?
still the same gregorian grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by silent10(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Stop spreadin lies. No Muslim go to mosque on 31st dec to celebrate new year. I repeat no Muslim.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Emma5097: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
See I fit slap person if you talk that nonsense of Those wey give fvck went that away, Nairaland people sabi mad sha...who start this craze?

Hehehehehehe. Well my brother happy new year and there's no disputing the fact that.......

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by MasterZee: 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Comfort yourself with lies, its allowed!
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
ShakaZullu:

meaning you don't understand the write up

i didn't dispute the calender of other countries or religions the question is why is gregorian calender the only acceptable calendar worldwide
it's not about them celebrating new year today it's about the official useage they're bound to use it
for example will Chinese count your visa according to their calendar?
see whether they accept it or not they must follow it so next time before you write something first read and digest
eehm about Jesus being black simple logic should tell you that Jews ( Israeli) are 98% Caucasians so spare me the fallacy
Thanks

I think I told you at the bottom, I said the question you're asking is like asking, why the US dollar is used in every country. Of course, there have to be a universal date to avoid confusion when dealing with foreigners.

The Chinese, Arabs, e.t.c would only use the Gregorian date when dealing with the outside world, not internally.

You must differentiate between the Biblical Jews and Aknazi Jews. The people who call themselves Jews today are not the same as the Jews of the Bible. They're Aknazi Jews originating from a Germanic tribe in Europe.

The Jews the Bible is talking about were originally from Ethiopia and there were blacks.

Amos 9: 7 -KJV- Ethiopians were called Israelites.
Jeremiah 14: 2 - KJV- Judah from where Christ came from was specifically called black.

Note: Read from the king James version, cause reference to Jews and Judah ss blacks has been deleted from subsequent Bible translations. And no matter the Bible you use, if you see Cush or Cushites, Cush = Ethiopia and Cushites = Ethiopians.

See the lost history http://www.africason.com/2016/01/the-lost-history-why-was-black-history.html

If you have any reference in the Bible where the Jews or Jesus was described as white, I will delete my nairaland account.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by jeyselassie(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
Emescot:
You too talk jor... Happy New year to anyone reading this.
New year resolution: Less Internet, facebook, whatsapp, NL, NaijaL and the rest. I can do it, i know i can
you cant
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by vanhut2020(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
In Year 2017, You will LAND in HOLLAND, You will become a DON in LONDON, In SPAIN there will b no PAIN but GAIN, You will FLOURISH in FLORIDA, You will send TEXT in TEXAS, Count DOLLARS ( $ ) in DALLAS... You will break YOKE in NEW YORK... You will make a MARK in DENMARK like Zukerberg MARK... & finaly, You will Never Lack NAIRA( # ) in NIGERIA....
Wishing all nairalanders!!!!. A fun filing & Fruitful Year.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by bonechamberlain(m): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
silent10:

Stop spreadin lies. No Muslim go to mosque on 31st dec to celebrate new year. I repeat no Muslim.
but I saw Muslims yesterday in a very large number that I have never seen before, praying till 1am or do Muslims pray on Saturdays

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by bonechamberlain(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
MasterZee:
Comfort yourself with lies, its allowed!
but I saw Muslims yesterday in a very large number that I have never seen before, praying till 1am or do Muslims pray on Saturdays
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by bonechamberlain(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
Caseless:

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by steveyoungwealth: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
pls am so happy that I dont give Bleep
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by steveyoungwealth: 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
pls am so happy that I dont give a fvck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Is Tossed Over Wall By Angry Elk After Ignoring Warning(Pics, Video) / Man Butchers Huge Python After Invading His House, Shows Off Its Big Eggs.Photos / This Python Was Caught At Kubwa, Abuja On Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.