Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

A God Forsaken Heart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A God Forsaken Heart (638 Views)

Devil Is A God / Son Of A God(a Story By A Nairalander) / Gods And Legends. Episode 1. The Tale Of Ajala The Mortal That Became A God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A God Forsaken Heart by Ezekielosahon(m): 2:20am On Jan 01, 2017
All I wanted to do was to back-off. I wanted to end it all. But I ended up turning them into monsters. I turned them into emotional vampires. Guys who are looking for blood.

Danny was a very cool guy. I really liked him. But then the feelings were dying each day. I decided to back off. The day I called off the relationship I felt a hot chill run through my spine. The look in his eyes were capable of paralyzing my legs. That same moment, I wished I could take those words back. But I already said it.

The big Danny knelt down on the bare floor to plead "Lennie please don’t do this to me? You are so different. You are caring, lovely and understanding. Please what have I done to you? I love you so much Lennie, just please forgive me". I told Danny he hasn't done anything wrong. I wanted to be a good daddy's girl. That’s all. But deep down I knew I just lied. I was having feelings for someone else. I walked out on Danny with tears in my heart. Although the feelings were explosives but I was helpless. Danny was older than me with two years. He really loved me. I knew that so well. I was everything he thought of. Such an innocent soul, all his dream about marrying me all went to the abyss.

After that day, each time I saw Danny I felt guilty. He stayed close to my house. Danny became a rogue. He started doing a lot of bad things. He abused ladies, drugs and was terribly rude to his parents. I went away with his soft touch. He was now hard and evil. He was finally sent to jail after he impregnated and beat up Riley whose father was a soldier. Riley and I were chorister in the same church. Even with the plea from our pastor, Riley’s Dad wouldn’t listen. He stopped Riley from going to church and sent her to her grand mum in the village, in Lokoja. Unknown to me, I had begun a very catastrophic sequence.

When the soldiers came to arrest Danny, he pleaded for a special request. His request was granted but not after he was given some serious beating. Due to the way he was wailing and begging, the soldiers obliged to him.

He pleaded to see me, my house was just a few distance from his. The soldiers brought him to my house with hand cuffs. A small crowd also accompanied them to my house. And with blood covered lips and swollen eyes, Danny said these words to me, "Lennie, all this is happening to me because you turned me into a monster". Everyone who heard him became very pitiful. I cried there and then like a baby. I told Danny to forgive me but all he said was "May you find peace". I stared at his bare chest. His shirt has been removed and it was the boxer I bought for him for his 19th year birthday that he had on. I ran into the house, clean my eyes, knelt before my television and said another prayers. I prayed for forgiveness. And it was only a few days later when my god-forsaken heart fell in love with Victor. Victor was my pastor’s son.

Ezekiel Efeobhokhan

EzekielTrisler
Changing lives through creative write-ups…

Contact EzekielTrisler™ via;
Email: ezekielefeobhokhan@yahoo.com
Whatsapp: +2348024994798
Twitter: @ezekieltrisler
Instagram: @ezekieltrisler
BBM: 5607F768
Re: A God Forsaken Heart by Ezekielosahon(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2017
The Children of Esau

Many times, some Christians live as if they expect no future. Some defy many principles about life and then blame God for the penalties of such defilement. Many Christians suddenly run into bankruptcy. They are workers, have good jobs, earn fat salaries, but their finances are in shambles. They then run to God crying for a breakthrough, when in reality they are the cause of their financial breakdown. A poor Christian may not serve God effectively and God doesn’t give poverty as a gift. The ultimate will of God for any poor Christian is financial wellness. Trust me, God derives no joy in the poverty of any of His children.

Esau was a great hunter. He brought animals for his father to eat. He was hard working. He did his best. To be a hunter is not an easy feat. Whenever you are in the bush, thick forest, you can either be a predator or a prey. And most likely a prey. There are wild animals who find it a hobby to attack humans. But Esau wasn’t half scared as Jacob was. Esau had just only arrows. No guns. No body guards. He went alone. Went very early too. And soon he came back with venison and life was good.

But that wasn’t enough. Esau lived as a poor man. He wasn’t poor. But he lived as one. He worked hard but he soon became desperately in need. Sometimes Christians find themselves in situations like this. Esau defied the law of saving. No matter how hard you work, if you don’t save, you will come to want. Only a fool will not save out of his earnings. Solomon said that, not me. Esau lived for today. This was also noticed with the way he sold his birthright. He defied the future by negligence of today. He killed animals and didn’t save any. He was stranded. Those who don’t save are children of Esau.

Anyone who would not save will suddenly run into debts. And that person may as well sell his birth right for anything. The female may sell their body to get food. The stranded soul may sell their conscience to get money. Another person may tell lies just to get some more cash. Esau’s desperation made him settle on the worst record contract deal ever. He exchanged a birthright for porridge. Just like someone who would sell something very expensive at a giveaway price just to attend to a pressing need. Today, no matter the economic hardship, I can’t exchange a Nokia touch light phone for porridge. Not me. For what?

I am not saying our savings will always be enough in time of need. Nope. But it would give us some leverage when we bargain for help.

Learn the habit of saving. It is a bible principle. Jesus encouraged it. He had a savings account. And Judas was the bank manager. Christians ought to practice it. The principle of saving is for all. Children, adult, students, traders and even pastors. Don’t finish all the amount that comes to you. No matter how small. Keep something. Remove savings first. Nothing is too small. Egypt saved just 20 percent of their produce for seven years. And they fed the whole world for another seven years. I don’t think you understand. Only Egypt saved. But they fed the whole world. There is power in saving. Save something. Please.

EzekielTrisler
Changing lives through creative write-ups…

Contact EzekielTrisler™ via;
Email: ezekielefeobhokhan@yahoo.com
Whatsapp: +2348024994798
Twitter: @ezekieltrisler
Instagram: @ezekieltrisler
BBM: 5607F768

(1) (Reply)

MINI-SKIRT CHASERS By Timzzy / Her Tears. / The Black Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.