Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (152984 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:
I DONT CARE BOUT YOU AM REFFERING TO THE OEOPLE IT CONCERNS NOT YOU!!

Good! angry You lack the guts to address me directly, so that is why you are calling on others, as if you are the Commander-in-Chief of NL, or the OP who opened this thread. So now, carry your 'reference' to your backyard and face your own Calabash!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Jamean(f): 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
LordVale:

My phone fell into the toilet and started behaving funny. Had to switch it off to prevent total damage. I'm yet to turn it back on. Also tried replying you on vacancy section several times. DIdn't work for me.

That's very funny cheesy how manage undecided
cry cry
doh o! I wish it a quick recovery, I can lend you my Nokia touch light phone in the meantime sha. Beep me when you can.

Happy new year!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

Why didn't the so called Benin princes go with their Bini names? You mean they forgot how to speak bini immediately they entered Anioma cities like Asaba, IseleUkwu and Onitsha.

Of course they went there with thier names
Of course they met people there
They created kingdoms but did not force benin languages down the throat of the people

Do you understand now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

AM REFFERING TO THE PEOPLE IT CONCERNS NOT YOU!!

Then why did you say this?

YOU ARE NOT BENIN BUT EDIOD!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ngozi123:

Then why did you say this?

Where are you from?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Sctests: 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Ooni of Ife is senior to Oba of Bini

how can ooni of Ife be senior to Oba of Benin where Oduduwa migrated from. Documented evidence have it that Bini practiced royalty before oduduwa was sent into exile from bini.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

Where are you from?

I'm from Ogbaru LGA, Anambra state. It's next to Onitsha. Some would say that my community utilises some aspects of the central Benin culture- the first part of my surname even sounds Bini- but we are proud Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

how can ooni of Ife be senior to Oba of Benin where Oduduwa migrated from. Documented evidence have it that Bini practiced royalty before oduduwa was sent into exile from bini.

You sef see notice the rubbish lol
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

cheesy where is the document? post it lets see. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ngozi123:

I'm from Ogbaru LGA, Anambra state. It's next to Onitsha. Some would say that my community utilises some aspects of the central Benin culture- the first part of my surname even sounds Bini- but we are proud Igbos.

My dear i know you igbo i am not disputing that

Your Ancestors must have been From the Benin Empire long time ago
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Sctests: 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

Of course they went there with thier names
Of course they met people there
They created kingdoms but did not force benin languages down the throat of the people

Do you understand now?

So you mean a royal bini lineage came to Igboland, and allowed their names to metamorphose into Igbo names. Does Eze Chima sound Bini to you?

Bini culture was simply borrowed just like they borrow some Igbo words. Thr Igwe of Nnewi also uses the 'Bini royal staff' with Bini regalia. Are Nnewi prople binis too?

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

My dear i know you igbo i am not disputing that

Your Ancestors must have been From the Benin Empire long time ago

Yes but they weren't of the edoid stock. Edoid is a term used to describe a group of languages, no?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

So you mean a royal bini lineage came to Igboland, and allowed their names to metamorphose into Igbo names. Does Eze Chima sound Bini to you?

Bini culture was simply borrowed just like they borrow some Igbo words. Thr Igwe of Nnewi also uses the 'Bini royal staff' with Bini regalia. Are Nnewi prople binis too?

Exactly.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
Jamean:

That's very funny cheesy how manage undecided
cry cry
doh o! I wish it a quick recovery, I can lend you my Nokia touch light phone in the meantime sha. Beep me when you can.

Happy new year!
Abeg o, quick recovery is needed. Happy New Year to you too! How did you celebrate 1st?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yes but they weren't of the edoid stock. Edoid is a term used to describe a group of languages, no?

Ediod is not just about language its also bloodlines too...you have bini blood in you
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

Do you know where the Obi of Onitsha traces his roots too?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

Ediod is not just about language its also bloodlines too...you have bini blood in you

If, and that's a big if, I did have any Bini blood in me then it'd be so minuscule that it wouldn't really count. I consider myself fully Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Sctests: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Cire80:
case of Lagos is different. I've been to Isele Uku and talked with indigenes. Igbo is a major language so it can easily influence some people around them. And Igbos have high population and have a way of trying to igbonize everything they come in contact with and they seem to succeed most times. I'm saying this from experience.

Wetin this one dey yarn. You went to Isele uku and they told you how they forgot their bini language to adopt Igbo language. Please share the story.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ngozi123:

If, and that's a big if, I did have any Bini blood in me then it'll be so minuscule that it wouldn't really count. I consider myself fully Igbo.

OK!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

Wetin this one dey yarn. You went to Isele uku and they told you how they forgot their bini language to adopt Igbo language. Please share the story.

Isele uku are from the benin empire go down there and they would tell you themselves

I cant speak for you igbos in the south east but the Aniomas in Delta know where thier lineage lies!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Sctests: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

Do you know where the Obi of Onitsha traces his roots too?

There have been 21 Obis of Onitsha, all bearing Igwe titles with Igbo names. Where is the Bini bloodline?

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
[s]
martineinstein:
and one ipob will claim delta ibos are ibos..when we can clearly see Benin culture
[/s]
Thrash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sctests:

There have been 21 Obis of Onitsha, all bearing Igwe titles with Igbo names. Where is the Bini bloodline?

DO YOUR RESEARCH AND COME BACK!!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

THE BENIN PRINCES WHO WENT AWAY FROM THE BENIN EMPIRE DURING OBA OZOLUA'S RULE FOUNDED THE KINGDOMS IN DELTA AND THE OBI IN ONITCHA

Not all. Issele Ukwu is probably the only kingdom founded directly by a true Bini prince.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerT: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
I rather find alot of comments on this thread offensive.

Tiny Bini local goverenment, with their local area Oba keep trying to steal other peoples land. Bloody land grabbers! grin

Cant u see that various other local government in Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra and beyond have their various local Chiefs?

How will u grow the Bini Empire under the Edoid claims wen others have their own monarchy? Who listens to the Bini local Chief called Oba, aside of the Bini local government people. grin

I take this opportunity to extend my greeting to the very relevant Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku.

Long Live the King. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerT: 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ngozi123:

If, and that's a big if, I did have any Bini blood in me then it'll be so minuscule that it wouldn't really count. I consider myself fully Igbo.

There are other schools of thought, that argue that, the Oba of Bini has his roots in Nri. (Eze Nri)

Nri Kingdom is the oldest in west Africa and it is argued that kingship was carried west by igbo traders and farmers that crossed the River Niger. That is how Benin Kingdom started.

The word Oba is borrowed from the igbo word Obi which actually means Palace.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by dragonking3: 12:19am On Jan 02, 2017
The Igbos are from the benin kingdom, it is evident here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by dragonking3: 12:20am On Jan 02, 2017
martineinstein:
and one ipob will claim delta ibos are ibos..when we can clearly see Benin culture
Dont mind them. The igbos are from the Benin Empire but they choose to say that they come from far away isreal or uganda...This picture is the true evience. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 12:27am On Jan 02, 2017
francisbiz:

The natives are more confused about their history than online details.
Ask the natives, they will easily tell you that they are from Benin, But I know it;s a big fallacy.
The natives have memory of their true history have been affected by the virus of the depression from prolonged slavery by the conquering expansionist Binis.

The will not do research, only relying on folktales, it is same confusion everywhere in Africa; binis say yoruba came from benin, youruba say binis came from yoruba. fulanis say they are arabs, igbos say they Jews.

The Issele-uku and environs are igbos that were conquered and ruled by the binis. Yes, some families in that region are from benin, but majority of them are igbos. I learnt one thing from the nairaland tribal war between the BROWN-ROOFS AND THE FLAT-HEADS; the yorubas in nairaland made know that some igbo women have bears and I have also seen it among issele-uku women.

Who is more confused? The Aniomas that say they're from Bini or the Igbos that think they're Jewish because they're Christians. Igbos don't seize to amuse me

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by somegirl1: 12:40am On Jan 02, 2017
queenblossom:

Isele uku originated from bini. One son of d oba of Benin in d olden days slept with one of oba's wife so he was banished from Benin and he settled in Isele uku. That's why d king in Isele uku dresses like d oba of Benin. Blf this king was installed he spent 1yr in d palace blf he can be crown king. I hope I av answered ur question cos am married from Isele Uku from d royal family

Was Isele Uku uninhabited when the banished son of the oba arrived or did he meet indigenous people there? If the latter, who were those people?
Did he move to and settle in Isele Uku by himself or did he take along enough of his Bini kinsmen to establish a town without intermarriage with the indigenous people?
Is everyone from Isele Uku his descendant?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by dragonking3: 1:14am On Jan 02, 2017
Cire80:
Who is more confused? The Aniomas that say they're from Bini or the Igbos that think they're Jewish because they're Christians. Igbos don't seize to amuse me
Those guys are over confused. They reject the fact that they are from the Benin Kingdom despite the evidence in the dressing, rather they choose to lie that they come from isreal, japan or even uganda. This people never seize to amaze me. grin grin

One thing for sure, tradition and history will always be there. They cant hide the truth, even Nnamdi Azikiwe said that the Igbos are from Benin Kingdom and as usual they attacked him for that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.