Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,114 members, 7,779,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:47 AM

10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 (33368 Views)

5 Most Used Apps In Nigeria / Mobile Apps Nigerians Must Not Do Without / Top 10 Apps To Make Money Online In Nigeria / 6 Apps Nigerians Are Likely To Use Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by AdaAnambra: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2017
PhonePlanet:
Looking at the past year, let's look at the apps Nigerians used the most and can be found on almost every Nigerian phone

1. WhatsApp
The Instant messaging app would continue to be Nigerians favorite when it comes to It's text and call devices. This is the app used most by Nigeria in 2016

2. Snapchat
Sort of what became an instant hit this year, Snapchat seems to be the social network preferred by Nigerians in the year 2016

3. Opera
Opera and Opera Mini is still the most famous browser amongst Nigerians, this makes it one of the most used app by Nigerians

4. Instagram
Snapchat is not blowing the competition away especially when Instagram now offers Snapchat like features, Instagram is also one of the most popular social network used by many Nigerians.

5. Uber
The transportation company uber which with It's app you can order a cab from your current location to your exact destination was also an instant hit in 2016. When many Nigerians using it services.

6. Xender
The file sharing app that uses Wi-Fi-direct to share files, photo and videos is another app widely used by Nigerians especially in 2016.

7. Shazam
Shazam, a song recognition app using audio fingerprinting technology is also one app that became widely used by Nigerians in 2016

8. True caller
An app that suggests names of unknown callers from It's online database of contacts, true caller, this is also one of the apps that could be found on many Nigerians phones in 2016.

9. Score!
Score! And Score! HERO where games that you'll have draw a path with your finger from a player to the goal post to score. These we hit games in Nigeria especially in early 2016. Tho people rarely play it now but the game can still be found in many Nigerians phone.

10. Twitter
Twitter is the last on my list but also very popular amongst Nigerians in 2016 with not only individuals but also companies, events and media houses using twitter more than ever before in 2016.

Honorable mention's
- Facebook Messenger
- BBM
- IMO
- Dream League Soccer
- Clash of Clans
- WattPad
- UC Browser

Happy new year from us at Phoneplanet
https://phoneplanetblog./2017/01/01/10-apps-nigerians-used-the-most-in-2016/
Twiter is no 10? abeg ko possible
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by herlarho(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
where did 2go go. don't ppl use 2go anymore.

Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Phace(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2017
UC browser should be added to the ten list; talk about fast browsing.

Besides, how did majority of the app users update their apps esp WhatsApp and Score! Hero. Play store is therefore worthy of mention.

Some apps cannot be listed without mentioning some others. Talk of downloads and movies, how else did most NL members watch updated series and current movies if not with MX Player(not to mention, VLC MP for laptop and desktop users)

Bro reshuffle that list!
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Femich18(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2017
kle4d:
MMM nkor?? grin grin
Is MMM an application? This is a new year, try to use your brain
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by obinna58(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
holyfather:

No he doesn't have to keep quiet, you keep quiet!

Qur'an which is wildly used more than bible is not even on d the list and u wish bible were hahaha e pain u badly
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Flashh: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
2sign:

Most people collect files through xender rather than download.
Can never make it more used than PlayStore. It is the most used Android app.
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by obinna58(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
oxygenera8:

Are you an anti-Christ? Why the attach on someone else's personal opinion?
Na only U see am orna U be devil spokesman?
Obinna indeed. May God mercy U.
Are you an anti-Christ? No
Why the attach on someone else's personal opinion? Cos he z dump
Na only U see am orna U be devil spokesman? Whatever
Obinna indeed. May God mercy U. If only God can
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Flashh: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
joenor:
November are the Best
I don't understand you.
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by hmuhammad(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
jumonge2:
Plz i want to fund my nairabet account
go to deposit, choose pay with ATM. Make sure u get ATM and token
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by holyfather(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
obinna58:

Qur'an which is wildly used more than bible is not even on d the list and u wish bible were hahaha e pain u badly

Yet I wouldn't say you should keep quiet if you talked about your Qur'an...
BTW, tell me how your Qur'an is more "wildly" used. grin whatever that means grin
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by sunshineV(f): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
okay, but where is bet9ja app?
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Emmacolinho(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
How about Fb messenger?
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by obinna58(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
holyfather:

Yet I wouldn't say you should keep quiet if you talked about your Qur'an...
BTW, tell me how your Qur'an is more "wildly" used. grin whatever that means grin
Holy father u should know itself or use Internet
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Edum13656: 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
xvideos nko? We no use am for 2016?
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
Femich18:

Is MMM an application?
This is a new year, try to use your brain
Oga with the biggest nonfunctional brain. Go to Google playstore that is if you know the place and ask. The Mavrodians will show you. wink

Thank me later if they don't beat you up for their misfortune. cheesy
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Femich18(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
kle4d:

Oga with the biggest nonfunctional brain. Go to Google playstore that is if you know the place and ask. The Mavrodians will show you. wink

Thank me later if they don't beat you up for their misfortune. cheesy
Lol... You talking of that app on play store? common that is not a verified app from MMM Nigeria. That was just created by scammers in Naija. MMM participants doesn't regard that as an app. you gerrit now
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Femich18:

Lol... You talking of that app on play store? common that is not a verified app from MMM Nigeria. That was just created by scammers in Naija. MMM participants doesn't regard that as an app. you gerrit now

Oga not only that one...... Mavrodians have a link to download the app on their site. cheesy

MMM - Together They Will Change Their World. grin
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Femich18(m): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
kle4d:

Oga not only that one...... Mavrodians have a link to download the app on their site. cheesy

MMM - Together They Will Change Their World. grin
I have not heard about that...MMM participants that I know use either chrome browser or UC web
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Sylar3333: 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
PhonePlanet:
Looking at the past year, let's look at the apps Nigerians used the most and can be found on almost every Nigerian phone

1. WhatsApp
The Instant messaging app would continue to be Nigerians favorite when it comes to It's text and call devices. This is the app used most by Nigeria in 2016

2. Snapchat
Sort of what became an instant hit this year, Snapchat seems to be the social network preferred by Nigerians in the year 2016

3. Opera
Opera and Opera Mini is still the most famous browser amongst Nigerians, this makes it one of the most used app by Nigerians

4. Instagram
Snapchat is not blowing the competition away especially when Instagram now offers Snapchat like features, Instagram is also one of the most popular social network used by many Nigerians.

5. Uber
The transportation company uber which with It's app you can order a cab from your current location to your exact destination was also an instant hit in 2016. When many Nigerians using it services.

6. Xender
The file sharing app that uses Wi-Fi-direct to share files, photo and videos is another app widely used by Nigerians especially in 2016.

7. Shazam
Shazam, a song recognition app using audio fingerprinting technology is also one app that became widely used by Nigerians in 2016

8. True caller
An app that suggests names of unknown callers from It's online database of contacts, true caller, this is also one of the apps that could be found on many Nigerians phones in 2016.

9. Score!
Score! And Score! HERO where games that you'll have draw a path with your finger from a player to the goal post to score. These we hit games in Nigeria especially in early 2016. Tho people rarely play it now but the game can still be found in many Nigerians phone.

10. Twitter
Twitter is the last on my list but also very popular amongst Nigerians in 2016 with not only individuals but also companies, events and media houses using twitter more than ever before in 2016.

Honorable mention's
- Facebook Messenger
- BBM
- IMO
- Dream League Soccer
- Clash of Clans
- WattPad
- UC Browser

Happy new year from us at Phoneplanet
https://phoneplanetblog./2017/01/01/10-apps-nigerians-used-the-most-in-2016/
iffa hear 20% of people in nigeria use twitter,score,true caller,snapchat and what the Bleep is shazam
Lemme state the top 10 app nigerians use

1. Facebook
2. Whatsapp
3 chrome
4. Picart
5. Ucweb
6. Camera app
7. Bank app
8. Vpn(psiphon,syphon e.t.c)
9.youtube
10. Showbox

That the top 10apps 90% of nigerians use
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by TheGuy5: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
Book to read 2017 if you are tech curious and want to make money....

Learn SMARTPHONE Devices Repair Techniques! Very Low Capital Business Entry costs...*BE SMART This Year* #Make Real Money; #Learn Micro BGA soldering; #Learn Repair Techniques, Metering & Troubleshooting Microelectronic devices;#Learn Flash Programming & MORE!

Get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners & Professionals " from our Amazon marketplaces stores, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. (€, £ marketplaces price lower)

If you don't become an expert after going through, demand a refund!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8

Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by holyfather(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
obinna58:

Holy father u should know itself or use Internet
I actually disagree with you, that's why I need you to prove me wrong. cool
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by obinna58(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
holyfather:

I actually disagree with you, that's why I need you to prove me wrong. cool

Sorry I can't stress my brain cos of u
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by holyfather(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
obinna58:

Sorry I can't stress my brain cos of u

That's what I thought cool
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by FellaL: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
obinna58:

OK then keep quiet and love ur bible
lol my guy you wicked ooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by joenor(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2017
Flashh:
I don't understand you.
what don't you understand?
Re: 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 by Flashh: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2017
joenor:
what don't you understand?
Both you and your comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cost Of Mobile Internet Around The World(infographic) / This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples / How Is The Global Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Outage Affecting You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.