Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? (15294 Views)

Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Fourwinds: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
okay.
u don use boomboom break kernel before.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by ogawisdom(m): 7:12am On Jan 03, 2017
Life is a risk follow ur heart
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by bayleaf(m): 7:14am On Jan 03, 2017
As a banker myself, I would strongly advise you remain where you are. Sometimes, its not the salary in a job that matters but your peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by divalindiway(f): 7:14am On Jan 03, 2017
Bank work hehehehe...u think its as juicy as it sounds right, wait untill you get there u will prefer 50k job and ur life, than 80k with no control over ur life.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Greedgod: 7:14am On Jan 03, 2017
Sweetilicious link me with ur aunt even if na message boy position .

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by certifiedfool: 7:14am On Jan 03, 2017
since ur sis promise u of a beta pos. Y dont u stay with ur current job...bank job is not so easy ooo.if u cant handle pressure

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by lilichi: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2017
Are u going in as a contract staff in d commercial bank?, what will be ur job function?, marketing?, are u ready for d stress and pressure dt comes with a banking job?. See alot of people are praying to get even a lesser paying job so dt dey can RUN out of des so called commercial banks. They do not care about you one bit.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by PIPPROF(m): 7:15am On Jan 03, 2017
bank work be like white Paper cheesy
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Omonoba1: 7:16am On Jan 03, 2017
Stay with your current job o.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by prettimoi(f): 7:17am On Jan 03, 2017
My dear, there is no growth in the banking sector, no job security. Most bankers your level are looking for way out, most of them will gladly trade in their present job with yours. My sincere advice is that you remain where you are sure of growth, job security. Maybe from there you can hit a better job but not banking. Banking is only sweet for the ogas not starters and these days it will take forever for a starter to become oga.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by AntiWailer: 7:20am On Jan 03, 2017
My love, 80k for a graduate in a bank is likely a contract work.

It is not worth it.

Don't leave.

Bank will not give you the freedom to do all what you planned and where you are now, your Aunt got your back and with diligence, you will rise fast and save just enough money to travel.

With your 80k in the bank, you will wear more expensive clothes, eat better food and you will not save up to what you save currently.

For 150k and above, it is worth it but for 80k. Stay calm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nwogeh: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2017
If you have the mind of going for your professional qualification, stay in your current job. but if your goal is to work just for a year or two and you move out as you said and you are very very sure about this, then take the bank job because it will afford you the packaging you need to work outside the country. Bank jobs in Nigeria are just tentative job unless you want to be a slave for ever. Finally you are a woman, hope you know you gona get married sooner or later, have kids and raise them, bank job does not fit in.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Franchise21(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
I must say i am a lucky and hard working girl.I finished my Bsc dec 2014,took my cert 2015.I got a job after an interview with an electricity distribution company in 2016 with the help of my aunt who happens to have the power as the HR.Am not upto 6months in the company.Which is the due time for our comfirmation.Now,i have another job offer from a commercial bank in Nigeria to be paid up to 80k.Now am confused cos i have alot of plans i need money to execute.Working in a financial institution will hasten my plans of travelling out of the country with work permit as an accountant.It will also get me more experience. Leaving this current job that pays lesser,my aunt's dissappointment,and the pressure employees of commercial banks faces recently is worrying.Although my aunt promised me a better position with accounting dept after 6months.I need constuctive advice.I dont want to make mistake thinking am wise.
Ur case is just like my case
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by KingAfo(m): 7:29am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
This retrenchment is my worry.
stay in your current job. Your aunty might fix you well. Bank no sure again oo.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2017
Please what ever you chose don't let it be banking sector think of yourself as a future mother the work will not give you the chance to take care of your kids think as a future wife it will not give you a happy home think about job security to it is not secure in anyway meanwhile the option of travelling abroad with your experience can still work out one you get a better place at your present place of work just all you just need is a reassurance that your sister will get you a better place after confirmation and show her your appointment letter make her realise you are staying because she promised you a better position
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by emmanuelbrown26: 7:32am On Jan 03, 2017
My dear hence ur aunt that brought u their promised u upgrade, forget about it now, u are even lucky u graduate 2014 got ur cert 2015 started work 2016, pls keep the one at hand, after all banking job their is no freedom and peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by histemple: 7:36am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
This retrenchment is my worry.

From what you posted, I will advice you to stick with your current job. 80K as salary means that you will probably be working as a contract staff, and banking job is a hell for this category of employees.

Nonetheless, let it be known that banking job has no job security.

For me, your current job has more to offer you than the banking job.

Forget all the money and neatly starched shirts you see with tellers when you go to the banks, they are very POOR. You can hardly find a comfortable teller except he/she is into shady deals.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by clydedaniels(m): 7:42am On Jan 03, 2017
Sis. Hold on to that Job... The Bank Job is presumably a contract Job. I advise u to hold on or wait for a better offer from the bank.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by desoul2004(m): 7:46am On Jan 03, 2017
Please you've nothing to contemplate about the two jobs, if you ever decide to go into the banking industry, you will be on a perpetual regret till you die. I'm advising you out of experience. Stay where you are and enjoy your life. Bank is one of the worst place to work as far as I'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by tomdon(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2017
ladyF:
Maybe if you answer this question: where do you see yourself in 5 years? You'd be able to decide which of the job aligns with your long term plans.

Madam, If the OP knows the future, she won't bring the issue here for advise.
Obviously she has an aspiration for her future but it seems confusing so maybe if you know the future, why not tell her what to do rather than asking her to see the future.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by duduade: 7:51am On Jan 03, 2017
Please leave the job your aunt hooked you up with. Make you link me up with that your aunt. I promise not to disappoint!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by megareal: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Stay in your current job. A bank job won't get you anywhere for now.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 03, 2017
I would suggest you stick to your present job. Bank jobs ain't as lovely as you think. Also, try and inform your aunt if any other job opportunity comes. She would appreciate the fact that you have regards for her by informing her about any new opportunity. She would even give you a better advice. Trust me it helps considering the fact that relatives can say trash like you are ungrateful and stuffs like that if you end up changing job
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Jokerman(m): 7:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Why would you want to leave an EDC for a bank job

Funny you....

I will advise you to stay at the EDC, Ur aunt promised you a better position after 6months that also means an improved pay
Also you have your weekend to yourself, even you don't get to work every minute as bank workers do...

Also you are gonno be a contract staff, so your work longevity no sure....

Be patient with God...

Moreover ur present salary should be in the range of 40-60k...

And you ain't a man who should be worried about salary, one big boy fit marry you tomorrow....
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by seunfly: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
I must say i am a lucky and hard working girl.I finished my Bsc dec 2014,took my cert 2015.I got a job after an interview with an electricity distribution company in 2016 with the help of my aunt who happens to have the power as the HR.Am not upto 6months in the company.Which is the due time for our comfirmation.Now,i have another job offer from a commercial bank in Nigeria to be paid up to 80k.Now am confused cos i have alot of plans i need money to execute.Working in a financial institution will hasten my plans of travelling out of the country with work permit as an accountant.It will also get me more experience. Leaving this current job that pays lesser,my aunt's dissappointment,and the pressure employees of commercial banks faces recently is worrying.Although my aunt promised me a better position with accounting dept after 6months.I need constuctive advice.I dont want to make mistake thinking am wise.

Pls don't quit that reliable job for unreliable bank job.
If you check the bank that want to employ u now, u will noticed they disengaged some staff few months ago for cost cutting reasons, they will soon disengage you as well for cost cutting reason when your pay rises.

It is even better to be self employed than to be employed by bank except if it is this old generation bank that I will not mention their name. Any other bank you are on your own.

Stay where your anuty has power, your interest is protected and what u will even benefit is far more than what any bank can give u.

I wish I could talk to you directly so as not to make the biggest mistake of your life by dumping that job for unreliable banking job. The ball is in your court and half truth is enough for a wise. Goodluck to you.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2017
prettimoi:
My dear, there is no growth in the banking sector, no job security. Most bankers your level are looking for way out, most of them will gladly trade in their present job with yours. My sincere advice is that you remain where you are sure of growth, job security. Maybe from there you can hit a better job but not banking. Banking is only sweet for the ogas not starters and these days it will take forever for a starter to become oga.

Best advice so far. Stay away from bank jobs. They will work you like a slave and in the process you will lose your private life. It will be work, work and work. Both Saturday and Sunday. Work, work, work.

Finally you may end up being among the ones that come to work in the morning to discover they cannot access the network because they have just been sacked.

In fact it's so certain that everyday of your banking career could be the last. They call it restructuring, reorganisation. If you are a female, be ready for internal and external sexual harassment.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by hmuhammad(m): 8:02am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
my sister, just remain where you are. Power company is the only safe and secured place to work for now.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by eagleonearth(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2017
If you trust your Aunty so much, you will end up being dissapointed for she might let down in order for God to prove to you how frail humans are. Put your trust in God and stay where you are. Bank jobs in Nigeria is sheer slavery. You have better opportunities where you are right now and most importantly work towards being your own boss.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Exponental(m): 8:06am On Jan 03, 2017
80k means you are a contract staff. You are a nobody. Contract staff are a means of cheap labour meant to be used and dumped. If you quit your present job, you will regret it.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by bigerboy200: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2017
My dear..stick to your current job. Yes u have plans but don't think Bank is a place where u would have time to see out ur plans..for the offer to be 80k, trust me u are going to be SLAVED (that salary reminds me of a contract job I was offered in stanbic IBTC Some years ago)... where you are presently would offer u time and space to work thru ur plans, besides ur Aunt has promised u a more relevant position to help ur experience, I think it's fine like that.. remember it is not always green on the other side.. I also remember working as a secondary skul teacher earning less than 25k with my Msc ohh, but wasn't too disturbed coz I had my plans, I needed the time and space to improve myself by taking online courses(cos 9ja is far behind in my area of interest) ,reading wide and writing brain tasking proposals for my foreign scholarship applications, and by God's special grace it worked out fine for me..If a bigger or more make sensing company( let's say KPMG,Deloite) comes for your service, then it's worth it to leave ur present job, but to quit for a 80k bank Job is really not worth it at this time.. my one kobo advice.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by micflo28(m): 8:11am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
First, don't mention to your aunt that you are leaving the country, ask her to give u details of the higher paid position she promised you in the establishment, get those informations, compare your opportunities, where ever you see more satisfaction and fufilment, make your moves to wrk dere but not without the opinions of family and people that matters to you. Family will never fail you.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2017
Stay with your current job and be patient till you rise to a greater height. Bank job is stressful and no job security.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Business Process Outsourcing?? / How Can I Advance In My Career In The Banking Industry With A Biochem Degree? / What You Are Doing Now Vs What You Would Have Loved To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.