Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? (15297 Views)

Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by free2ryhme: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
I must say i am a lucky and hard working girl.I finished my Bsc dec 2014,took my cert 2015.I got a job after an interview with an electricity distribution company in 2016 with the help of my aunt who happens to have the power as the HR.Am not upto 6months in the company.Which is the due time for our comfirmation.Now,i have another job offer from a commercial bank in Nigeria to be paid up to 80k.Now am confused cos i have alot of plans i need money to execute.Working in a financial institution will hasten my plans of travelling out of the country with work permit as an accountant.It will also get me more experience. Leaving this current job that pays lesser,my aunt's dissappointment,and the pressure employees of commercial banks faces recently is worrying.Although my aunt promised me a better position with accounting dept after 6months.I need constuctive advice.I dont want to make mistake thinking am wise.

You don't need advice ooooo

When your aunt gave u job we did not give you advice

When you applied for the bank job and you were offered an appointment we did not give you advice
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by koife(m): 8:18am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
I must say i am a lucky and hard working girl.I finished my Bsc dec 2014,took my cert 2015.I got a job after an interview with an electricity distribution company in 2016 with the help of my aunt who happens to have the power as the HR.Am not upto 6months in the company.Which is the due time for our comfirmation.Now,i have another job offer from a commercial bank in Nigeria to be paid up to 80k.Now am confused cos i have alot of plans i need money to execute.Working in a financial institution will hasten my plans of travelling out of the country with work permit as an accountant.It will also get me more experience. Leaving this current job that pays lesser,my aunt's dissappointment,and the pressure employees of commercial banks faces recently is worrying.Although my aunt promised me a better position with accounting dept after 6months.I need constuctive advice.I dont want to make mistake thinking am wise.
private chat me for a professional advise.
first off;
from your write-up its is clear you're already rooting for the bank job, coz it seems to fit into your long term plans of hastening your travelling out (more like a career projection)
have you asked yourself...what are my motives?
pls don't let your ex know about your breakthrough....thank me later grin grin
what are the hurdles/challenges associated with either of your choices?
what are the financial burden/career pitfalls you may likely encounter?
does it fit into my personae now and later ?
does it fit into my passion as a person?
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Mbkite(m): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2017
Greedgod:
Sweetilicious link me with ur aunt even if na message boy position .

I never wanted to comment on this thread but, u pushed me with your funny comment. I know you may be joking. Listen, there is power in spoken word. "Think Big" God's plan for your life is Big and Mighty! Always Think Big, at least it's not a sin and is not against Nigeria constitution.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by stuffs4me(m): 8:31am On Jan 03, 2017
OP, how do you want folks to advice you when you didn't disclose how much you are earning with your current place of employment, you also didn't say how much you will be earning after your confirmation.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Greedgod: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2017
Mbkite:

I never wanted to comment on this thread but, u pushed me with your funny comment. I know you may be joking. Listen, there is power in spoken word. "Think Big" God's plan for your life is Big and Mighty! Always Think Big, at least it's not a sin and is not against Nigeria constitution.
true u have a point . But b4 our dreams come to pass we need sth to keep us alive.
Survival til our prayers get answered .

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by ojoj(m): 8:37am On Jan 03, 2017
First and foremost ASK GOD. Some people may say why but God directs our acrivities.
With my little experience, pressure in bank is enormous. Too much pressure in the banking sector.
I will tell you not to go to the bank.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by chigoziri2403(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2017
you should be likened to those that Mmm swindled........... greed,
you have a stable job and you want to leave it for a job that sacks even it's executives without notice
you just want to take a step forward and three steps backwards
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2017
My dear, a naira at hand is better than million expecting. you also have the opportunity f travelling out where you are now, you can as well further your education. And most especially, have you considered the job Security comparing to the bank job?
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Rexology: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2017
@Op you mentioned the amount Bank will pay you but refused to mention how much EDC pays you, even when you were asked by someone here. Next time if you need an analytical answer you MUST be ready to provide ALL the necessary data.

There is no such thing as ' job security ' in our economy now including government jobs.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Pavarottii(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2017
This ur story get K-leg; u finish sch, next year certificate, next year job;

WHEN U COME SERVE?
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by oluwaahmed: 9:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Tink of Bank job, as a good lookin burger, sweet @ taste, but will eventually purge u. @ 80k salary per month, dat means u R contract subject 2 confirmation in a year. & b4 dat confirmatn d bank cannot guarantee u as an employee B4 any embassy, because u're actually not a staff, u're contract or unconfirmed.
Ow much will u save @ 80k? I worked in a bank it ook me 4yrs 2 save wit my salary as a prof staff b4 I cld jand it was abt 4 times ur 80k.
D enticin tin abt bank job is greed. Most pple will leave jobs dat pay dem mayB 50k because of 80K bank job. D worst part is u wnt even hav time 2 further jack educatn. I wld advice u 2 stay away, but am sure dat u hav made up ur mind already "afterall no be pple dey do am". NB- d worst pple hit by dis recession is bank, dey wnt be in a hurry 2 confirm ur appointment now...
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Pavarottii(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

You don't need advice ooooo

When your aunt gave u job we did not give you advice

When you applied for the bank job and you were offered an appointment we did not give you advice

Lol, u dey mind d girl; na fake story; she grad 2014, get cert next year, get job d next year; she no serve?
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Rizmo(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
Help me with my heart on this one.I have limited time to make decisions
Hi dear!
If I were you, honestly I will seek God's help and remain patient where you are now. The banking sector is only a glorified slavery ground. I wish you could decipher what I mean. I used to think the banking sector was a dream field to work. It is the worst place to start a career.
I just resigned from Heritage bank on the 6th of Dec 2016. Those guys did not care if I died working, provided I could do my job.
I will never advise my enemy to pursue a career in the banking sector.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by butanep(m): 9:19am On Jan 03, 2017
You know job security should be the priority.

How does working in a bank ease your travelling abroad? I don't understand.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:37am On Jan 03, 2017
my dear stay where you are.

dont go for the bank job.

but the problem i have with you people is that with all these BIG big jobs, you have you still earnestly crave for a male Homo sapiens to take care of you.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by obyrich(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
This retrenchment is my worry.
Remain where you are! I don talk finish.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by ufuosman(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
wont she be dissapointed?
To me I will advice you stay in your current job.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by extremelygolden: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2017
Please stay put in your current job, don't quit. There is no job security in the banking industry and promotions hardly come.
I know of people that have spent several years on the same position as when they joined the bank, earning the same salary over the years.

Kindly don't take any decision you will regret later by leaving your current job.

The present banking job has more disadvantages than advantages, but the most important thing is for you to ask God for direction.

I wish you well.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by mylove4God(f): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2017
Stay with your current job
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by guyla: 10:33am On Jan 03, 2017
Stay where you are, a salary of 80k in the Bank suggest either you are a contract staff or a junior staff, and banks have little or no regard for junior staff, they will lay you off when you least expect it,
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
There is no Job security in the bank industry. Maintain your current job. Don't be in a hurry. Patience is a rare virtue these days.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by dspeaker(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2017
My dear I will advise you Stay with your current job. Bank offer may be tempting how ever not secured. Infact before you dream of travelling out you may be out of that banking job for just no reason. Don't be deceived with the salary of banks. They are destiny killers and I tagged the banking job as modern day slavery. Thank you.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2017
looking for a job in a bank in 2017?

as an entry level employee?

when companies downsize, its last in first out.

in the current economic climate, you'd best stick to your disco.
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Bossman(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
OP, I think the consensus is that you stay put right where you are. The job seems to be stable and there is potential for increased salary, as you alluded to. As someone in IT, I can tell you that bank jobs are being eliminated slowly because we are automating everything. Here in the US you rarely see more than one or two bank tellers in any bank (and there are just there doing nothing waiting on the rare customer that will come into the bank). Everything is automated. I expect the same in Nigeria as time goes on. So, skip the bank job period. No stability in it. Good luck!
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by OlivetBen(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
To me it's not wise to quit govt work for private. In govt job especially the one connected to fed govt, There is job security,there is asurance of promotion with higher salary, and u won't be over stressed like that of commercial banks.
Moreso, u have to find out the salary level of the grades in banking and that of the one u are working in and know the one that has better future. Not only that, the working hours and the stresses attached to them is of paramount consideration(ie the one that can give u time for ur family)
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Mbkite(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Greedgod:

true u have a point . But b4 our dreams come to pass we need sth to keep us alive.
Survival til our prayers get answered .

guy, u're really funny. lol
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by Greedgod: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mbkite:

guy, u're really funny. lol
i pray life is dis funny to me but ..
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by 3sexy: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
My dear don't be carried away by the nice suit bankers wear ,trust me I've been there , IT's HELL ! As a banker I had too many worries , my heart was always heavy, i didnt have time for myself or even family ,it got to a point I got frusttated and depressed, today I'm running my personal business and I can breathe well!
As for ur dream of travelling abroad , my dear bank job with 80k salary won't give u any chances at all, don't be decieved

Don't even give the bank job a second thought ! You don't value ur current job because you got it on a platter of Gold!
Re: Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? by segunk1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
sweetilicious:
wont she be dissapointed?

The truth to be told, babe pls Don't leave ur current job, forgo the banking job and face ur next promotion. Have a brother in the baking system and I also know what they face every now and then, banking job really sounds good but its not easy oo, think about the sudden retrenchment part of it at any slightest opportunity, 2years on contract level before staffing, amongst all can't just start mentioning all. Stick to that job please and pray to God for better position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? / Business Process Outsourcing?? / How Can I Advance In My Career In The Banking Industry With A Biochem Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.