Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? (1012 Views)

Ever Considered Changing Your Name? / Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Girl Defends Her Choice Of Doll After Cashier Says 'she Doesn't Look Like You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by IAmOged(f): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? Also, how does it relate to love?
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by IAmOged(f): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by DozieInc(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
@ IamOged When two hearts are joined they form a kind of similar shape to ♥ .
It symbolizes two People becoming one body, one heart, etc that means love.

1 Like

Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by Mskrisx(f): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
I wonder too..
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by CyberGypsy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
if anyone quote me and say rubbish , sango will kill the person ni .. grin

to the question cheesy
♥ is considered an heart, all cause of a woman big butt .

ahsually, It origin comes from when a woman bends down at the waist.. The shape her bum bum makes then..is what the heart shape is. You've got to imagine this one!
grin I repeat no quoting except you get the drift.
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by IAmOged(f): 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
CyberGypsy:

to the question cheesy

ahsually, It origin comes from when a woman bends down at the waist.. The shape her bum bum makes then..is what the heart shape is. You've got to imagine this one!

see as i dey look you
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by CyberGypsy(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
IAmOged:
see as i dey look you
keep on looking .
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by Oluwapresley(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
what's now the shape of heart oo?
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by MrsMurphy(f): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2017
CyberGypsy:

to the question cheesy

Abeg no kill me with laughter dis morning [s][/s]
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by CyberGypsy(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2017
MrsMurphy:

Abeg no kill me with laughter dis morning [s][/s]
ma it is true na. you bend over . like you touching your knees or toe .. use a standing mirror to check your behind. cheesy you will see what am saying , sheybi u have big bum bum ?
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by crackhaus: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mirror image of two hearts fused together is what forms that shape we call love.
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
I think it's a psychological thing, since childhood we've always assumed it to be so, and even now, we still refuse to let go.

1 Like

Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by IAmOged(f): 7:44am On Jan 03, 2017
TheInquisitor:
Not only is that false but also the logic behind the fact that we assume a person thinks or feels with their heart. The heart has nothing to do with feelings,thoughts,intuition,instincts or decisions at all. The heart is not a mind of it's own.
The heart's only function is to pump and distribute blood . it ruptures when there's too much work load. The nerves are responsible for feelings transmitted by the brain. every intelligence,intuition thoughts and instincts is done by the brain,not the heart.
All the thinking is done by our brain, all the emotions are created by brain. Love which is so much associated with heart is a part of brain functioning.

Sure-Emotions, like fear and love, are carried out by the limbic system, which is located in the temporal lobe. While the limbic system is made up of multiple parts of the brain, the center of emotional processing is the amygdala, which receives input from other brain functions, like memory and attention.
amygdala
hippocampus
hippothalamus
cigulate Gyrus
prefrontal cortex
and so on both coordinate dis "thing" Love. Do mad men or women know or feel what is LOVE??
When dis part get damaged den ability to feel or love is lost even with perfect function of the heart.
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 03, 2017
IAmOged:
Why is ♡ considered a heart when a heart doesn't look like that? Also, how does it relate to love?

There are schools of thought that believe that this particular shape used to represent love isn't actually derived from the shape of the human heart, since it doesn't bear much resemblance to it, or from certain leaves of plants that carried huge cultural and religious significance as more reputable historical schools of thought believe. They believe however, that the love shape is actually modeled after the shape of certain parts of the female anatomy, like breasts and buttocks, which makes a lot of sense, given that the age and cultures when these conventions originated was one were moral decadence, especially of the sexual kind, was pervasive, and the female anatomy had a lot of artistic and literary relevance and people weren't sanctimonious towards it's open, un-clad display and portrayal in various creative fields.

I am usually cynical about symbolic representations of cultural conventions, and well-subscribed conventional notions, and I tend to lean more towards ideas that contradict popular belief, especially controversial but logical ones that are backed by empirical evidence. My non-conformist approach towards this particular subject was reinforced in an episode of big bang theory when Amy stated that the love shape was originally based on the form of a female bending over. I was like, "I knew it." But it still doesn't count for anything though. It's just a case of confirmation bias, given that no one knows the actual history of the shape.

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples / Mowgli Girl' Who Walks On All Fours And Does Not Speak Like A Human Is Found Liv / 7 Things Single Ladies Should Know About Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.