Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin (9883 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
It's about 8:30pm on a thursday night. Only another half hour till my fav show Fringe comes on, so I need to pass the time. I tune into CNN and the 'Headline/Lead Stories' news section comes up . . .

"Sarah Palin sends out tweet from new account"

I check to see if I'm still watching CNN or the channel had changed to 'Inside Hollywood' or 'Extra' or 'Entertainment tonight' . . . nope, its still on CNN, the worldwide leader in news.

Even for me who likes Sarah Palin a lot (but please don't run for president) this recent hysteria is nauseating and is on par with the Michael Jackson mania few months ago. They say they hate her, she's dumb and stupid and poses no threat as a candidate since she has no real grasp on politics and can see Russia from her backyard - YET - they cannot stop talking about her, cannot stop covering her every move and word.

She's a populist and I think deep down, behind the vitriolic coverage, the simple truth is they fear her.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by OBVIOUS(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
they want to help her sell her book na---- she needs the attention.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
Its the ratings!

No one fears her at all . . . in a general election even Mitt Romney will crush her unless its a republican primary where the unhinged fringe would vote for a pretty face on an empty skull.
I laughed when i watched her response on what to do about Iran's nuclear ambitions on Hannity the other day and she was saying we shld go tell Ahmedinejad that no one will "stand for this again" . . . i'm sure she things Ahmedinejad is just like Piper. Not to forget the fact that she thot an Iraqi oil embargo would force Iran from building weapons.

She makes for good comic relief . . . and with a 24 h news cycle that just has to come up with something, anything . . . we are condemned to seeing her face on TV all the time.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by muhsin(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
I too wonder o! smiley

But her story excites readers most of the times.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by NegroNtns(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
Even for me who likes Sarah Palin a lot (but please don't run for president) this recent hysteria is nauseating and is on par with the Michael Jackson mania few months ago. They say they hate her, she's dumb and stupid and poses no threat as a candidate since she has no real grasp on politics and can see Russia from her backyard - YET - they cannot stop talking about her, cannot stop covering her every move and word.

She's a populist and I think deep down, behind the vitriolic coverage, the simple truth is they fear her.

mmmmuuah!

At a place and time where the "dumb" and "stupid" Palin is transforming the political landscape, where her direct influence caused a moderate republican to loose election that was at the begining favored to her. . .and gave victory to the contenders in both New Jersey (a Democrat home base) and Viginia elections, one has to wonder if her critics truly understand the meaning of dumb and stupid. The woman is seeking political credits, not institutional schorlarship. . . so far with her maneuverings she has proven very adept and shrewd. Those yet to line up behind her presidential aspiration are doing so in response to mainstream criticism. . .and not because of their desbelief in her capabilities to be a President. If mainstream change its view. . .those individuals will likewise fall in line behind mainstream. Again, . . the case of the shepherd and the sheep!
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
PALIN IS A HUGE JOKE anyday, anytime. i love watching her and i love watching the republican fringe wingnuts dying for her touch grin . . i just pray that she should be the republican nominee for 2012 cheesy . . the democrats will have no greater gift.

she has been a blessing for barack. imagine NY 23, a district the democrats have never won since 1852, she came in and gave it to the democrats free of charge grin

GO BABY GO cheesy

tim pawlenti and mitt romney are surely holding their breadths now grin . . . . and the white house smiles cheesy
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

mmmmuuah!

. .and gave victory to the contenders in both New Jersey (a Democrat home base) and Viginia elections, one has to wonder if her critics truly understand the meaning of dumb and stupid. The woman is seeking political credits, not institutional schorlarship. . . so far with her maneuverings she has proven very adept and shrewd.

hahahaha cheesy my man negro grin

it may interest you to know that those two wise men in virginia and new jersey politely rejected her presence to thier campaign grin . . . go baby go cheesy . . the only one she endorsed in an election with a 50/50 chance was crushed grin
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by NegroNtns(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
she has been a blessing for barack. imagine NY 23, a district the democrats have never won since 1852, she came in and gave it to the democrats free of charge

Its better to reform the party into its core conservative ideals early on, at the cost of a district election, than to win an election and reinforce the dilution of the party with moderates. Democrats are fearful of repeating 1996. . .
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by NegroNtns(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
it may interest you to know that those two wise men in virginia and new jersey politely rejected her presence to thier campaign

Palin works with the grassroot far better than she does on the podium and I think thats where you missed the point. Her absense on the podium was translated into footwork pushing conservatives to the polls. You see. . .her efficacy to topple an election is being under-estimated. 2010 is almost here . . . you will be shocked at the outcome. You think her book release is an isolated event. . . think again!
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
jon stewart and fox news grin

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-29-2009/for-fox-sake-

someone criticises bush for waiting so long to attack MSNBC, then the same person calls Obama names for taking on fox news grin

fox fox fox . . . .

sorry poster for the off topic . . . just couldnt help the fun
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by JeSoul(f): 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
davidylan:

Its the ratings!

No one fears her at all . . . in a general election even Mitt Romney will crush her unless its a republican primary where the unhinged fringe would vote for a pretty face on an empty skull.
I laughed when i watched her response on what to do about Iran's nuclear ambitions on Hannity the other day and she was saying we shld go tell Ahmedinejad that no one will "stand for this again" . . . i'm sure she things Ahmedinejad is just like Piper. Not to forget the fact that she thot an Iraqi oil embargo would force Iran from building weapons.

She makes for good comic relief . . . and with a 24 h news cycle that just has to come up with something, anything . . . we are condemned to seeing her face on TV all the time.

I don't think so anymore. The fascination and obsession with Palin is more than just comedic. There is a real, solid, concerted effort on the media's part to follow her every move and subsequently find means to discredit her. This is more than ratings, they are afraid she possesses enough sway with the average american, sway that could sway elections.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by JeSoul(f): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

mmmmuuah!

At a place and time where the "dumb" and "stupid" Palin is transforming the political landscape . . .  one has to wonder if her critics truly understand the meaning of dumb and stupid. The woman is seeking political credits, not institutional schorlarship. . . so far with her maneuverings she has proven very adept and shrewd.
Well said Negro. It will no longer suffice for opponents to simply dismiss her as irrelevant, if anything the media blitz has proven just the exact opposite. Prez, you hear? smiley

Those yet to line up behind her presidential aspiration are doing so in response to mainstream criticism. . .and not because of their desbelief in her capabilities to be a President. If mainstream change its view. . .those individuals will likewise fall in line behind mainstream. Again, . . the case of the shepherd and the sheep!
  Perhaps. I have liked her since she popped on the scene. I personally don't think she should be aspiring for the presidency, at least not yet. As much as I like her, she's deficient in many necessary areas required to occupy such an office - but no more than our current CIC btw cool.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by NegroNtns(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
Knowledge can be taught. . .Values cannot be taught, they are inbred. Palin has the values but what she lacks in knowledge can be acquired over time and with the right exposure. She has declared that one does not need to hold an office to influence change. That is a powerful statement! I concur with you . . .
It will no longer suffice for opponents to simply dismiss her as irrelevant

Palin is installing herself, with success, to be the King/Queen maker for Republicans. She will be the vetter and a Republican does not get elected without first getting her endorsement. All those who doubt her . . .Wait & Watch!
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by TayoD1(m): 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
@JeSoul,

They say they hate her, she's dumb and stupid and poses no threat as a candidate since she has no real grasp on politics and can see Russia from her backyard - YET - they cannot stop talking about her, cannot stop covering her every move and word.
Don't you like it when the Democrat leaning media picks the opposition candidate for the Republicans?  Am I the only one that thinks their ill advised pills should be swallowed with a full tank of scepticism?

These same media houses wanted so-called RINO moderates to carry the RNC banner.  Their perfect candidates include people like John McCain, Norm Coleman and Scozzafava.  Only one problem with such candidates - they always lose.  Meanwhile, the so-called right-wing Republicans like Ronald Reagan, Michelle Bachman, Bob McDonnell and even Sarah Palin always win.  Any more wonder why they will want us to field another Democrat-lite candidate for the RNC?
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by TippyTop(m): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2009
I hate Sarah Palin's conservative politics but would still eat her pu**y from da ass. Check!!!!

Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Nov 22, 2009
JeSoul:

I don't think so anymore. The fascination and obsession with Palin is more than just comedic. There is a real, solid, concerted effort on the media's part to follow her every move and subsequently find means to discredit her. This is more than ratings, they are afraid she possesses enough sway with the average american, sway that could sway elections.

I believe this to be the case.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 5:10am On Nov 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

These same media houses wanted so-called RINO moderates to carry the RNC banner. Their perfect candidates include people like John McCain, Norm Coleman and Scozzafava. Only one problem with such candidates - they always lose. Meanwhile, the so-called right-wing Republicans like Ronald Reagan, Michelle Bachman, Bob McDonnell and even Sarah Palin always win. Any more wonder why they will want us to field another Democrat-lite candidate for the RNC?

the gospel according to tayo grin . . .

truth: moderate republicans won elections in new jersey and virginia (without palin campaigning for them). moderate republicans won the two senate seats of maine. moderate republicans have been governors of massachusettes and even new york. the hawkish republicans hold sway in ''pure red districts'' . . . the palin 'republican' lost a seat to the democrats, Ist in I50yrs grin
hello, dear sarah cheesy
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 5:16am On Nov 22, 2009
@jesoul,
sarah has a large following----> the extreme right of the republican party. a.k.a, the wingnuts and the sick puppies
she cannot have any clout in a national election b/c she bolted out of her term in alaska for no sound reason . . though the wingnts believe she did the right thing . . grin

she is a clown, i love her though and i'll rather vote for her than hillary the witch
and her die hard followers are nutjobs grin . . . . but people like tim pawlenti and mitt romney are sweating in their pants now b/c if sarah goes for the kill, she'll win the nomination even after campaigning against the republicans in NY23
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 22, 2009
i don t know why they're so obsessed with her either.

maybe its intentional- to give her more publicity.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 5:51am On Nov 22, 2009
the media is going after her b/c she is a dumb ass. they hope to get her to expose herself the more. she is a huge story and it can get a lot of money for the media grin
see oprah, her show had more viewership, sarah got her book rise too. it's both ways guys. the media hopes to gain, she also gains from the media hype. the wingnuts who wait 9hrs to get her signature . . . well . . .they also gain . . at least they got what they wanted . . her signature cheesy,

its a win win situation, good enough for everyone, everybody happy, smiles all around wink
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 22, 2009
that new movie with Sarah J Parker and Hugh Grant mentions Palin.

i saw the trailer the other day.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by preselect(m): 6:06am On Nov 22, 2009
media's fascination with palin? watch this. bill o'rielly's interview with pallin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kcVmGhHac

e.g of questions billo the clown asked madam dumbo
a) do you know what they call you now? EVITA grin
b) why do people attack you? you are pro life bla bla bla
c) why did you answer oprah's questions about levi johnston

grin grin grin ;Dalk of the media's obsession grin billo the clown. how about asking her real questions since u guys believe she is a political force cool

sarah is a dumbo tongue her only hope of political success is the growing number of sick puppies living in america as well as my friend Obama who is behaving like some deluded optimist. and of course his lily livered democrats in congress
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
tpia.:

i don t know why they're so obsessed with her either.

maybe its intentional- to give her more publicity.

I don't believe they intend it for good. I am moved to believe the intention is to discredit her. Only it seems to work the other way ; even her new book is already on the list of best sellers. I saw a piece on her on the BBC the other day and even I felt sorry for the woman. You could hear from the report that every effort was being made by the reporter to paint her, and those who admire her, as american loonies.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by paddylo1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2009
eff sarah palin,cant stand the moronic bitc*h
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by montelik(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2009
@ pres-elect
truth: moderate republicans won elections in new jersey and virginia (without palin campaigning for them)

If Bob McDonnell is a moderate, then that would make Palin a liberal. McDonnell is not in anyway a moderate. please do not just repeat talking points you heard without checking them out. McDonnell is hard conservative on every level. just check his previous political history. The reason he won is because Virginia is a traditional Red state which only got swept up in "Obamamania" 12 months ago but has since come back to its roots. As for Chris Christie in New Jersey while he isn't as far-right as McDonnell. I wouldn't call him moderate, after all this is someone who has strong ties to the wildly unpopular G.W Bush administration. The main reason he won was because the incumbent governor of New Jersey was about as popular at election day, as was Bush when he left office. Further you observe that Palin did not campaign for any of these two yet they won, but your logic also applies to NY, after all she did not campaign there either. She supported all 3 candidates and campaigned for none. Why are you trying to differentiate?
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by TayoD1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2009
@montelik,

If Bob McDonnell is a moderate, then that would make Palin a liberal. McDonnell is not in anyway a moderate. please do not just repeat talking points you heard without checking them out. McDonnell is hard conservative on every level. just check his previous political history. The reason he won is because Virginia is a traditional Red state which only got swept up in "Obamamania" 12 months ago but has since come back to its roots. As for Chris Christie in New Jersey while he isn't as far-right as McDonnell. I wouldn't call him moderate, after all this is someone who has strong ties to the wildly unpopular G.W Bush administration. The main reason he won was because the incumbent governor of New Jersey was about as popular at election day, as was Bush when he left office. Further you observe that Palin did not campaign for any of these two yet they won, but your logic also applies to NY, after all she did not campaign there either. She supported all 3 candidates and campaigned for none. Why are you trying to differentiate?
Thanks for helping to school pres-elect. It appears he just comes online to repeat talking points without checking the facts himself. The same media that calls McDonnell a moderate also refer to Scozzafava as a moderate. What exactly is the correllation between those two? I tire for them politics. The RNC will be wise to ignore their premises, sugestions and unsolicited advises. I wonder if the same pres-elect will refer to Obama, Pelosi and Harry Reid as moderates or extreme Leftist.

Back to Sarah Palin. Obama campaigned in New Jersey and campaigned 3 times in the final week of election in Virginia and his candidates lost woefully. Despite all of these, these same Leftist want us to believe that the election were not a reflection of Obama but the race in NY23 where Palin did not even campaign ones is a reflection on Palin. See how they usually shift the goal post to accomodate their lack of logic?

Does it occur to pres-elect that the RNC did not have any candidate in the NY23 election? So why the surprise that they lost? In any case, Palin only endorsed the conservative candidate who went from less than 10% in the polls to receiving over 40% of the votes cast in a matter of 2 weeks. Imagine what would have happened if she actually campaigned for the guy.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by yeswecan(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
I like her as a person, but she is not the proper size and shape for president. The media is hungry for stories; she cannot be a treat to Obama, what an insult.

To be usefull, she has to disassociate herself with racist like Glenn Beck
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by TayoD1(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
@yeswecan,

To be usefull, she has to disassociate herself with racist like Glenn Beck
The way Obama dissociated himself from people like Rev Wright baa?

By the way, what makes Glenn Beck a racist?
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Nov 24, 2009
Yeah! @yeswecan, what makes Glenn Beck a racist?
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by JeSoul(f): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
Tayo-D:

Back to Sarah Palin. Obama campaigned in New Jersey and campaigned 3 times in the final week of election in Virginia and his candidates lost woefully. Despite all of these, these same Leftist want us to believe that the election were not a reflection of Obama but the race in NY23 where Palin did not even campaign ones is a reflection on Palin. See how they usually shift the goal post to accomodate their lack of logic?

grin grin grin

Yeswecan, tell us why Beck is a racist now?

I heard Martha Stewart call Palin a "dangerous person" yesterday . . . ROTFLOL . . . the convicted felon is calling the successful politician "dangerous" LOL . . . wetin person no go hear.
Re: The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin by yeswecan(m): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
Fox is a racist organisation first and foremost plus Glenn is a known extremist, he even called Obama a racist. what more do you want to know he is a racist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicolas Sarkozy Concedes Defeat To Francois Hollande In French Pres. Election / Brazil Night Club Fire Kills 245 In Santa Maria, With Pictures / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.