Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? (15175 Views)

2020 Police Recruitment: IGP Suspends Entry Requirements For Candidates / Requirements For FRSC Successful Candidate 2018-recruitment Still Pending / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | Application Requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Lucasiangrey: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2017
I am currently into a b.tech program in electrical and electronics engineering with options available in;electronics and computer engineering(ece),communication engineering (coe) and power system engineering(pse).coe or ece,which one do i go for?(for better chance of getting the job).After my first degree,what other certifications will be necessary?How long will it take me to obtain them?...I will welcome any additional advice.please,I need answers.Thanks.
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by mjizzie(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2017
To my understanding, in Nigeria ,all d options doesnt matter. Any company that want to recruit u as a fresh graduate willl train you to their taste. I graduate from elect/elect dept power option .Getting ur dream job in Nigeria is not easy , u just have to start with whatever u see . so i will advice u to just choose the one you think d courses will be easier for u to pass or May be the one related to where you did ur IT, u can build ur career dia.

6 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Sanchez01: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2017
As far as it is Telecommunications, most of them avoid direct recruitment these days. With that being established, your best bet is through an outsourcing firm, which often times than not, does not require any special or additional certifications. Going through an outsourcing firm would also mean that you might not get the liberty to 'roam' as expected.

Regardless, I'd personally recommend you go for PSE as there are more demands for site engineers than ever. Just like mjizzle stated, you have to start with whatever you see at this point. You could capitalize on your certifications when the time is ripe.

4 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Lucasiangrey: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by ehix89(m): 2:07am On Jan 06, 2017
PSE is your best bet in telecom at the moment, so much in demand than others

2 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Jodforex(m): 7:08am On Jan 07, 2017
The most important requrirement Nwanne , is to
1. Know somebody
.Thats all u need.
Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Turks: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2017
BSc/Msc Telecoms among other professional courses. Experience matters too
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2017
Knowing how to send thousands of spam promising people a Sumec generator when they recharge their phones.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/lady-who-spent-thousands-of-naira-on-airtime-trying-to-win-a-sumec-generator-from-mtn-calls-on-ncc-to-fine-the-company-again/
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Francis95(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by jogsman01(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2017
Fu*k is given
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by kokozain(m): 7:10am On Jan 07, 2017
Pse is d best option for now its on a high demand
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Ak47young(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by nmreports: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2017
Listen carefully, all the options you mentioned is quite good but you need to focus on developing a skill that will be very relevant for the telecommunications industry.

Think and research on what challenges the telecommunications industry is having or facing or likely to face in future?:

1. Faulty ATMs
2. A move from human to machine as is being emphasized in the world over (All those industries would hardly need human interaction anymore).
3. The incorporation of a robust mobile platform into their services and the development of Apps.

If you think in terms of problems, both current and long term, you will see that your options are limitless and you can go for the one that will give you the opportunity or possibilities of getting a job.

You can read How To Avoid Career Mistakes
: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/12/how-to-avoid-career-mistakes.html

2 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by gidimasters(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2017
Jodforex:
The most important requrirement Nwanne , is to
1. Know somebody
.Thats all u need.
Good luck

Abeg shut up Jare...
Na everything be connection ni? Mtchew...

4 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by tizzdi(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Pls guys how about a Bsc in computer science..pls i need enlightenment
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2017
1 tomatoe 2 Cameroonian pepper

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Tman66(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2017
grin you need to also pray well grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by StoneLucifer: 7:20am On Jan 07, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
This Issue of people posting "those that give a Bleep go here or go there,..i dont give a Bleep, ..Bleep this, Bleep that etc, etc...is becoming a nuisance, boring , lame and extremely very childish..

12 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2017
PSE it is

Well, you guys should read before

How to avoid failure in 2017 (Whether in your business, family or academics)

http://talkeverytime..co.id/2017/01/how-to-avoid-failures-in-2017.html
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2017
it's simple. strong connections

1 Like

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by awa(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2017
The best option that would give you Telecoms job is having strong faith in God to give you the job.

However, from human perspective, all the options are relevant for Telecoms Job.

I wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Samirana360(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2017
I.m
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by slye(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
As far as it is Telecommunications, most of them avoid direct recruitment these days. With that being established, your best bet is through an outsourcing firm, which often times than not, does not require any special or additional certifications. Going through an outsourcing firm would also mean that you might not get the liberty to 'roam' as expected.

Regardless, I'd personally recommend you go for PSE as there are more demands for site engineers than ever. Just like mjizzle stated, you have to start with whatever you see at this point. You could capitalize on your certifications when the time is ripe.

What's PSE bro ?
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by slye(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2017
talkavenue:
PSE it is

Well, you guys should read before

How to avoid failure in 2017 (Whether in your business, family or academics)

http://talkeverytime..co.id/2017/01/how-to-avoid-failures-in-2017.html

What's PSE pls
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by Sanchez01: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2017
slye:

What's PSE bro ?
Power System Engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by valkingsley(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2017
I'm currently studying Electronic and Computer Engineering and I'm wondering if Power System Engineering is a specialization under the course or is it only available under Electrical Engineering.
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by alsudaes1(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2017
Turks:
BSc/Msc Telecoms among other professional courses. Experience matters too

Experience, , ,

Where will one get it from if the coys all demand for it

That's the Challenge

1 Like

Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by EmmGee: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2017
mjizzie:
To my understanding, in Nigeria ,all d options doesnt matter. Any company that want to recruit u as a fresh graduate willl train you to their taste. I graduate from elect/elect dept power option .Getting ur dream job in Nigeria is not easy , u just have to start with whatever u see . so i will advice u to just choose the one you think d courses will be easier for u to pass or May be the one related to where you did ur IT, u can build ur career dia.
I'm a student of pse.
300lvl
If u don't mind me asking... where do u work/where do we work/what are the challenges
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by sakalisis(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? by BlessedHay(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2017
ehix89:
Whats is PSE? Please
ehix89:
Whats is PSE? Please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Common Mistakes When Accepting Offer Letters By Rita Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.