Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,002 members, 7,799,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay (1066 Views)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
Sunday, January 1st.
Living and Reigning By Grace - 1.

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ". (Romans 5:17).

Happy New Year to all the fans of this devotional and to everyone. In this ministry, this is our year of Divine Grace. Grace is a word that is far bigger than what we think or imagine. The common definition most people know about grace is unmerited favour. Yes, it was unmerited favour before you became part of the family of God. Now, grace has qualified you to be a partaker of the inheritance of the Saints.

Grace for the child of God is better defined as the divine influence of God upon our lives that causes the beauty and glory of God to be seen in us. When there is grace, glory follows. Hence the psalmist says, "For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD WILL GIVE GRACE AND GLORY: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly". (Psalms 84:11).

Grace is the vehicle through which all of God's goodness and blessings is delivered to you. You are saved by grace, you live by grace and you conquer by grace. A large percentage of the Church is yet to understand what this grace really means. If they do, they will not subject their members to strict rules and regulations that are hinged on the Law of MOSES because the Law of Moses is a work system and is directly the opposite of grace.

When you lean on God's grace, you will not struggle in life. You will have the ability of God working in your life to do excellent things. His wisdom becomes your wisdom. Grace will enable you enjoy the fellowship of the Holy Spirit because he is the Spirit of grace. The fellowship of the Holy Spirit makes your life supernatural. You receive information from the realms of the spirit the ordinary man cannot receive. When grace is allowed to work, divine ideas flows in you causing you to do uncommon things.

This year, because of his grace, you will not struggle to give. Quite a few of God's children struggle to give, not because they don't have but because the grace is not there. And the more you give, the more grace is multiplied in your life so you can give bigger. Giving is God's ordained way to lasting financial and material prosperity. This year, you will reign over poverty in the mighty name of Jesus. That is why Paul said, "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work". (2nd Corinthians 9:cool. As you abound in good work, the good things of life will locate you.

With God's grace at work in your life, you will not find it difficult to live right. And right living attracts the blessings of God. You are destined to reign in life but it is through grace and righteousness. Cease from your own labour and depend on his grace alone. When you lean on his grace, economic recession will not limit you.

Grace gives you unlimited access to the presence of the Father. Take advantage of this grace and spend more time in his presence. The presence of God guarantees victory. With grace, you have the keys that unlocks the doors of kingdom treasures.

Live by this grace and your life is bound to move from one level of glory to another. Don't allow anyone to subject you to bondage through rules that will make you look like a failed project. This year, make effort to look your best. Do not struggle. It is not by might, nor by power but by the spirit of grace at work in your life.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the opportunity to see this new year. It is my year of divine grace.. I refuse to struggle in the name of Jesus. God's ability is at work in me. I will do excellent things to the glory of God in Jesus name. Thank you father for your abundant grace. It is sufficient for me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will connect you with your destiny helpers in the name of Jesus. He will deliver you from dream killers in Jesus mighty name. Your path will be like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto a perfect day. Every crooked road shall be made straight. Every rough places shall be made smooth. The Lord will restore to you your wasted years in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 5:1-2; 2nd Corinthians 12:9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 1; Matthew 1-3.

Monday, January 2nd.
Living and Reigning By Grace - 2.

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord". (Romans 5:21).

We are still on the subject of grace. We said yesterday that grace is the divine influence of God upon your life that enables the beauty and glory of God to be seen in you. It is God's ability at work in you to do his will. But grace can only function when you are living right and doing things rightly in line with Biblical principles. Hence Paul says, 'grace reigns through righteousness' in the opening text. That means you must do things the kingdom way for God's grace to function in your life.

When you do things the kingdom way, it produces more grace. This is what Jesus meant when he said, "...seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. If you are born again, you are already sought his kingdom and you are in his kingdom. What you need to do now is to find out how things are done in his kingdom. You have to do things the word way and not the world way if you want to enjoy God's favour and blessings that comes through the vehicle of his grace.

For instance, people of the world give priority to their personal agenda in their financial budget and give left over to God. If you manage your finance this way as a believer, you may never experience financial liberty. The result is that you struggle to make ends meet. God must take preeminence in your life if you want to experience God's favour and blessings.

I will use the story of the widow of Zarephath to buttress my point. Elijah, the Prophet was sent to this widow so she could sustain him for the period of famine. When Elijah got there and requested for a plate of meal, hear her response; "As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die". (1st Kings 9:12).

When Elijah heard this, he immediately diagnosed where her problem is rooted. It was rooted in a life of selfishness. She made budget for just she and her son. That is likely the way she has been living her life before Elijah met her. God is not in her agenda. She was not connected to the source of true wealth and her life was about to crash down. This is just like so many professing believers. They are only concerned about themselves. After they are through meeting their personal and family needs, they give the left over to God if there is any.

Prophet Elijah had to correct her wrong ways by demanding she does it God's way. Hear Elijah's response to her statement; "...Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: BUT MAKE ME THEREOF A LITTLE CAKE FIRST, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth". (1st Kings 17:13-14).

The man of God demanded his meal must be prepared first. She is invariably telling her, put God first and get ready for a miracle. She did just that and never lacked for the period of famine. Giving is an act of grace. When you yield yourself to give the kingdom way, doors of favour and miracles will be opened for you. The unbelievers don't have this grace at work in their lives because grace comes with the new life in Christ.

This year, ensure you do things the kingdom way. Put God first in your life even in your finances. Pay your tithe correctly and regularly. It is the first thing you should remove from your income or money you receive before you start spending. It is an honour that God deserves. Don't listen to those who criticize tithing. Be an all round giver and God himself will orchestrate the events of your life this year in your favour in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I have God's grace at work in my life causing me to give my very best at all times. I am not afraid of my needs been met. Father, as I give you first place even in my finance this year, I ask that you order my steps in the ways of good opportunities and favour in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year 2017, I declare that the blessings of the Lord will pursue and overtake you in the name of Jesus. All those that come against you one way will flee seven ways. You will be like a tree planted by the riverside whose leaves shall not wither. Lack is far from you this year in the name of Jesus. God's ability is at work in you. The eyes of wicked and unreasonable men shall not see you in Jesus name. A thousand shall fall at thy side and ten thousands at the right hand, but it will not come near to you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Exodus 23:19; Ezekiel 44:30.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 2-3; Matthew 4-6.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
Join our Rhema For Living Devotional WhatsApp group for the audio format. https:///CJHA2bjsmIpFz8ZKuODRFM
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 8:26am On Jan 03, 2017
Tuesday, January 3rd.
The Relationship between Grace and Knowledge.

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord". (2nd Peter 1:2).

There are times you wonder why there is a great difference between the commitment of one person from another in the same church. This is due to the disparity in revelation knowledge between both of them. God's grace upon your life is multiplied through knowledge. The word of God you hear imparts more grace into your life.

Not too many of God’s children are hungry for knowledge. Until you get yourself soaked in the word of God, you will find it difficult to serve God with unflinching commitment. When you see a brother in the Lord so committed in every way to the work of the ministry, it is because of the knowledge of God's word he has received.

Lack of knowledge is the reason quite a few Christian live below God's standard. It reflects in the way they talk and even in the way they dress. Hosea says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:...". (Hosea 4:6). The devil is not our problem. It is ignorance. Ignorance makes you gullible to false prophets and teachers. Ignorance has made so many professing believers travel long distances in search of miracles when they are the one that should be performing the miracles. Some even lose their lives in the process.

When you are well acquainted with God's word, you will not struggle to serve God. No one will remind you of Church service days. Soul winning becomes a delight. A well informed believer will not struggle to pay tithe. He will give the best of his offering to God. These are the things that attracts God's favour in your life.

Read your Bible on a daily basis. Study God's word voraciously. It will motivate you to do uncommon things that will attract uncommon blessings. Hence Paul admonished the brethren thus; "...I commend you to God, and to the WORD OF HIS GRACE, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified". (Acts 20:32).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: My heavenly Father, I thank you for your word that enlightens me and direct my path in life. I reject all forms of distractions designed to take my attention away from the word of God. I hold on to the truth of your word as an anchor for my soul. As I study, I know I will receive more grace to serve you better and do uncommon things for you in Jesus name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will open your eyes to behold wonderous things out of his word. Divine ideas are coming your way to create wealth. You will not struggle to serve God. God will turn your wilderness into a fruitful field. You will triumph in all your tribulations and have testimonies in your trials. He will fulfill your hearts desire. God will keep you as the apple of his eyes. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. God will fulfill the good pleasure of his will in your life in Jesus name. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 5:13; Proverbs 10:14; 2nd Peter 3:18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 4-5; Matthew 7-9.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 2:37am On Jan 04, 2017
Wednesday, January 4th.
Revelation Knowledge of The New Testament in Contrast to The Law of Moses - 1.

"For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God". (Hebrews 7:19).

The teaching ministry of our Lord Jesus brought startling revelations that is in contrast to most of the instructions contained in the Law of Moses. It is imperative you know this so that you will not subject yourself to bondage of strict rules and regulations hinged on the Law of Moses. It will also help you to avoid pitfalls which so many professing believers are already in.

There are divers doctrines and practices in most of our Churches today because they are yet to grasp the message Jesus brought. Christianity is a revelation of God's grace while the Law of Moses is a work system. Grace and Law are two mutually exclusive events. Hence Paul said, "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work". (Romans 11:6).

The Sermon on the Mount which is the longest recorded sermon of our Lord Jesus in the Bible reveals quite a few contrast between Jesus teachings and the Law of Moses. Let's look at a few of them so we can clearly understand the gospel of our Lord Jesus. "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also". (Matthew 5:38-39). Our Lord is clearly saying that we should never revenge any evil done to us. Apostle Peter puts it thus; "Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing". (1st Peter 3:9).

But what we see in most of our Churches today is contrary to what Jesus and his Apostles taught. A large percentage of the Church today prefers to follow the Law of Moses which has been abolished. There are overwhelming evidences attesting to this truth. The Scripture says, "For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW". (Romans 10:4; Galatians 2:16; Romans 3:28).

Your life should be based on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. These teachings laid the foundation for the New Testament Saints. I have actually dealt with this issue in previous edition of this devotional. This subject is so important that it has to be dealt with over and over again until we clearly understand it. Apostle Paul said, "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone". (Ephesians 2:20).

Paul even placed a curse on anyone or even an angel that preaches another gospel. "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed". (Galatians 1:8-9). Ironically, quite a few Churches today preach another gospel; the gospel of works instead of the gospel of grace.

The Church has no buisness with the Law of Moses. Even the Jews that were given the Law have been delivered from it. Apostle Paul said those who are trying to live by the law are committing sin and also frustrate the grace of God. (Galatians 2:18-21).

Follow the New Testament revelations brought by our Lord Jesus. "...no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them". (Galatians 3:11-12).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for the revelation of your grace that has brought salvation to mankind. I refuse to subject myself to the Law of Moses and any rules and regulations based on it. As I study your word consistent with the teachings of my Lord Jesus and his Apostles, I ask that youf fill me with the revelation knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the Lord will not leave nor forsake you until he has done that which he has planned for you. There is no enchantment or divination against you. Because of the wisdom of God at work in your life, you will be a wonder to your generation. The time for God to favour you has come. Your sorrows shall be turned into joy and your weeping into laughter in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Galatians 3:13-14; Hebrews 8:6-7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 6-7; Matthew 10-11.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 11:29am On Jan 06, 2017
Thursday, January 5th.
Revelation Knowledge of The New Testament in Contrast to The Law of Moses - 2.

"For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God". (Hebrews 7:19).

Our Lord Jesus laid the foundation for the New Testament Church. His teachings are in direct contrast to the Law of Moses. The Church is under grace and not under the Law of Moses. The grace of God that Jesus brought and the Law of Moses are like two opposite side of a coin. They cannot exist together. These were some of the points established yesterday.

We will look at one more example of the teachings of our Lord Jesus from the Sermon he preached on a Mount which is in complete contrast to some of the instructions given under the Law of Moses. "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you". (Matthew 5:43-44).

The law says, hate your enemies. Grace says, love your enemies. Showing love to your enemies doesn't mean you should love their wicked disposition. You have to separate the person from the wrong act he commits. You may not love his ways but you have to love him because he is a soul Jesus died for. So, you can pray for his salvation. If however the person is overly wicked, hand him over to God to avenge you - Luke 18:7. Don't rain down fire and brimstone on him. Your ultimate goal is that he should embrace the gospel.

Apostle Paul revealed to us how we should show love to our so called enemies, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Notice the phrase, 'thou shall heap coals of fire on his head'. Showing love to him doesn't mean he may not be punished for his wrong acts if he doesn't repent but the punishment is not coming from you. Vengeance is God's.

Today, most of our Churches do the opposite. They rain down fire and brimstone at the slightest opportunity. It shouldn't be. Apostle Paul was a murderer before his conversion. If the Church had wished him dead, we will not be enjoying his messages today. He wrote thirteen of the twenty seven books of the New Testament. One of the person he consented to his death actually prayed for all who killed him thus, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge". (Acts 7:60).

It will be wrong to ignore Jesus teachings and follow the Law of Moses. So many pray for their enemies to die out of fear. Don't be afraid. You are indestructible. "And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?". (1st Peter 3:18). What could be more wicked than the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ. However, Jesus prayed for them, saying, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do". (Luke 23:34).

Never destroy lives. The Lord can prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies. This act of raining down fire and brimstone is not supported by the New Testament. Walk in the light of God’s Word. Never take the place of God. The very words Jesus spoke and that of his Apostles are what God will use to judge us on the day of judgment. 'Jesus said, "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day". (John 12:48).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I am indestructible. The eyes of wicked men will never see me. Heavenly Father, I pray you deliver me from the hands of wicked and unreasonable men. I pray that they might receive the truth of your word that they might be saved in Jesus name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, you will succeed where others have failed. You will enjoy Divine Health in the name of Jesus. You will live and not die. The counsel of God concerning shall stand. The Lord will preserve your going out and coming in. Those who mock at you will be put to shame. The Lord will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies in Jesus name. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 2:16; James 1:20.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 8-9; Matthew 12-14.

Friday, January 6th.
The Principle of Firstfruits Offering.

"Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine".(Proverbs 3:9-10).

Everything in God's kingdom is operated by principles or divine laws. An understanding of these principles and its application is the secret to a victorious Christian life. One of such principle is the principle of firstfruits offering.

The word firstfruits is an agricultural term which means the first ripe harvest of fruits, grains, oil, wine and of the fleece of the sheep. The Jews were required to bring the best of the firstfruits of all things to the Priest in the tabernacle (Nehemiah 10:37). This is to ensure that the rest of the harvest will be bountiful and the land will continue to yield good harvest. The principle secured a lasting blessing for the Jews. It was usually celebrated as feast of firstfruits at the end of the year. This is where the concept of harvest in some Churches is derived and practiced till date. We also hear of new yam festival in some of our communities today.

When the principle is applied to animals, it is referred to as firstlings. This is the first born males of every animal. (Exodus 13:12). It belongs to God. When it is with humans, it is simply referred to as firstborn. The firstborn males of the Jews belongs to God. God however took the tribe of Levi in place of the firstborn in Isreal.

What can we learn from this principle? It simply means that the first of all things belongs to God. How do we apply it to our present day life where the majority of people do not farm? It is simple. When you get a new job, your first salary is likened to your firstfruits. In addition, your first month salary for the year can also be likened to your firstfruits for the year. If you are a business man, the first profit you make is your firstfruits.

God does not however demand for all the firstfruits as an offering unto him as it is been demanded today is most of our Churches. What he demands is the best from the firstfruits. Let's look at a few scriptures to drive home my points; "The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God...". (Exodus 23:19). The word first actually means best in modern English. So, the verse can be rendered thus; "The best of the firstfruits of the land..." Another reference is contained in the book of Ezekiel and it reads; "And the first of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house". (Ezekiel 44:30).

The principle of firstfruits offering just like tithing didn't start with the Law of Moses. It preceded the Law and transcends it in principle. It was first revealed before tithing. In the fourth chapter of the book of Genesis, it is recorded that Abel offered unto God of the firstlings of his flocks while Cain gave from the left over. God accepted Abel's offering and rejected that of Cain. (Genesis 4:4-5). We know what later became of Cain. He became a vagabond and his generation was wiped off from history.

In this first month of the year, prepare to honour God with the best from your firstfruits. It will sure open doors of financial favour for the rest of the year. It can also be applied to the offering you give first day of every week and the first week of every month. It is a tried and tested principle.

Prayers and Confession of Faith: Everlasting Father, I thank you for unveiling the principle of firstfruits offering to me. As I honour you with the best from my firstfruits, I know you will cause your blessings to rest in my house and all that I set my hands to do in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will change your story to glory. In just the same way he placed Adam in the Garden of Eden, God will place you in the garden of abundance. You will eat bread without scarceness in the mighty name of Jesus. He that blesses you shall be blessed and he that curses you shall be cursed. Every strange power that is arrayed against you shall bow in the name of Jesus.

Further Study: Exodus 34:26; Leviticus 23:10; 1st Corinthians 16:2-3.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 10-11; Matthew 15-17.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2017
Join our Rhema For Living Devotional WhatsApp group for the audio format. https:///CJHA2bjsmIpFz8ZKuODRFM

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:18am On Jan 23, 2017
Saturday, January 7th.
The Principle of Tithing.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it". (Malachi 3:10).

Tithe is the tenth of your increase or income. The subject of tithing is a highly controversial one. There are quite a few people who don't believe tithe should be paid. One of the reasons they give is that tithing was of the Law of Moses and since we are not under the Law, it should not be made mandatory. We will examine the scriptures thoroughly and see if this argument can be sustained.

Tithing began hundred of years before the Law of Moses was given. The first record is in the book of Genesis which reads, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all". (Genesis 14:18-20).

Abraham paid tithe of all to Melchizedec who was the Priest of God and likened to Christ as he had no record of beginning of days or end of days. Some people argue that the record showed that he paid tithe from the spoil of the war and not from his personal income. This is not true as Abraham refused to collect anything from the spoils of the war. (Genesis 14:22-23). How could he have paid tithe from the spoils he never collected? We should know that the Bible is written in summary form for space management purpose. It is therefore not unlikely that Abraham would have taken Priest Melchizedec to his house and used the opportunity to give him tithe of all he had. This is most likely the case as Abraham did not take of the spoils of the war.

The book of Genesis also recorded a vow Jacob made concerning tithe which reads, "And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee". (Genesis 28:22).
This additional record is proof positive that tithe payment was before the Law of Moses.

What does the New Testament has to say about tithing? Tithing wasn't emphasized in the New Testament but giving was. But the manner and ways Jesus asked us to give makes tithing a child's play. Jesus didn't talk much about tithing but what he talked about places more demand on us. Tithe is 10% of your increase or income. Jesus says we should give all which is as good as 100%. (Mark 10:21; Luke 12:33). It is therefore common sense to start with 10% tithe payment since we all know it is not easy to give away all that one has. If you are unwilling to pay tithe because it was not emphasized in the New Testament, then do that which is emphasized. Sell whatsoever you have and give to the poor. It is not however impossible as we have scripture records to confirm the practice by the early church at least on two occasions. (Acts 2:44-45; 4:34-37).

We should see tithing more as a principle than a command. Because of God’s grace upon our lives, we ought to voluntarily give even more than 10% of our increase to God instead of looking for reasons not to pay. Besides, God said he will bless those who walk in the footsteps of our father Abraham. (Romans 4:12).

When you pay your tithe, you are protecting yourself against financial disaster. (Malachi 3:11). God himself will open doors of financial favour for you and bless the works of your hands. Tithing is God's own way of sustaining the ministers and full time workers in the house of God. The Church will also have enough reserve to minister to the orphans, fatherless, widows and the needy in her midst.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I thank you Father for the eternal principles of your word including the principle of tithing. As I honour you with my tithe, I ask you shower more blessings upon me and rebuke the devourer for my sake in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will supply all of your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. You will not beg for food or clothing. You will be rich beyond measure so you can be a blessing to others. You will be far from oppression for you shall not fear. God will cause people to favour your righteous cause. You will lend to many and not borrow in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 23:23; Hebrews 7:5-9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 12-13; Matthew 18-20.

Sunday, January 8th.
The Principles of Offerings - 1.

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest,... shall not cease". (Genesis 8:22).

Offerings can generally be referred to as monies or items given to God as part of our spiritual obligation both for the work of the ministry and to secure divine favour from God. Under the Old Testament, offerings had a wider range of purpose. For instance, there were offerings given to atone for sins through the sacrifices of animals which are no longer necessary as Jesus has been made a sacrificial lamb for mankind.

However, whatever kind of offerings we give today, there are general principles governing them. We will begin to look at some of these principles. First, what you give to God must be proportional to how God has blessed you. The Scripture says, "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, AS GOD HATH PROSPERED HIM, that there be no gatherings when I come". (1st Corinthians 16:2). This was the same principle the Jews were instructed to follow; "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee". (Deuteronomy 16:17).

Secondly, you should give willingly not out of compulsion or of necessity. When God asked Moses to collect freewill offering from the Jews for the work of the sanctuary, hear what he said; "Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that GIVETH IT WILLINGLY WITH HIS HEART ye shall take my offering". (Exodus 25:2). God does not force offering from anyone. He loves it when you give it willingly from your heart.

Thirdly, give your offering cheerfully. Apostle Paul says, "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for GOD LOVETH A CHEERFUL GIVER". (2nd Corinthians 9:7). Learn to rejoice with your offering as you give to the Lord. This is how the Jews were commanded to give. (Deuteronomy 26:10-11).

Fourthly, give bountifully. The value of what you give matters. The Scripture says, "...He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which SOWETH BOUNTIFULLY SHALL REAP ALSO BOUNTIFULLY". (2nd Corinthians 9:6). Always give your very best to God. The more you give, the bigger the harvest. I recommend you give an offering at least the value of a plate of meal you eat. Anything less shows you value food more than God.

Fiftly, learn to give promptly when you make a pledge. Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthian brethren to promptly redeem their pledges. "And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. Now therefore perform the doing of it...". (2nd Corinthians 8:10-11). Even the Jews were told never to delay the remittance of their firstfruits offering. (Exodus 22:29).

One more principle that space will permit us to discuss today is; Never go to the presence of God empty handed. (Exodus 23:15). There are quite a few of God's children that go to church without an offering. This shouldn't be. You must have something to give. It doesn't have to be cash. If you don't have money, then look for something else of value to give. It can be your wrist watch, necklace or even neat clothes. It is your offering that connects you with the blessings of God. If you give nothing, you will get nothing. Apply these principles when you give your offerings and you will surely come back with testimonies.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for the opportunities I have to give my offerings to you. My mind is made up to give you my very best at all times. As I do, I know they will come back to me in hundred fold increase in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Darkness may cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon you and his glory shall be seen in your life. People shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Kings 3:4-5; Galatians 6:7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 14-15; Matthew 21-23.

Monday, January 9th.
The Principles of Offerings - 2.

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver". (2nd Corinthians 9:7).

We are still on the principles that governs offerings we give to the Lord. Yesterday, we mentioned six of these principles which are; 1. Give according to how God has prospered you, 2. Give willingly, 3. Give cheerfully, 4, Give bountifully, 5, Give promptly and 6. Never go to God's presence empty handed.

Today, we will add a few more principles which are; 7. Give according to what you have purposed in your heart to give. "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give...". (2nd Corinthians 9:7). One way or the other, you sometimes make solemn pledges in your heart only you and God knows. Quite a few people avoid vocal or written pledges to avoid be bound by it. But God who sees your heart also recognizes the solemn pledges you make in your heart and expects you to fulfill them. This happens not only when you are planning to give for special projects in Church but also when you are preparing to give your regular offering. For instance, within you, you had probably planned to give N400 (about $1), then all of a sudden, an unplanned expenses comes up and you are forced to use part of the money with subsequent reduction in your offering to N200. This amounts to breaking one of the principles of offerings. No matter the challenge that comes up, stick to what you have purposed to give. This is faith in action and God usually rewards such act of faith. But if you act otherwise, you may lose the opportunity for a miracle.

8. Give sacrificially. If what you give does not cost you anything, then you have not given in faith. Don't give an amount that is just too easy to release. Give something that stretches your faith. Something the ordinary man can not easily give. It is this kind of offering that gets God's attention and provokes his blessing. This was exactly why David said to Araunah who offered him a land for free to use for burnt offering; "...I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing..." (2nd Samuel 24:24). Remember, the Scripture also say that; "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him". (Psalms 126:5-6).

9. The value of your offerings you give should increase over time. This is an indication that God has blessed you more. You can't remain at the same level of offering year after year. Hence the Scripture says; "Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness". (2nd Corinthians 9:10).

10. Don't let the winds of challenges affect the value of your offerings. We know we are living in a very challenging time. It is therefore an understatement to say that income in most of our Churches has drastically dropped in this part of the world. This shouldn't be. Give your very best to God at all times and watch him perform his miracles. This is what the writer of Ecclesiastes addressed when he said, "He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap". (Ecclesiastes 11:4).

The word of God works. Let these principles guide you in the manners and ways you give your offerings. You will surely experience God's divine interventions in your finances. We will continue with a few more principles tomorrow.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for unveiling principles that governs offerings to me. I refuse to allow the winds of circumstances to affect my offerings. As I give my best to you bountifully, willingly and cheerfully, I trust they will come back to me in multiple proportion so I can give bigger in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, in spite of the seeming challenges, you will possess your possessions in the mighty name of Jesus. God will bring you into financial rest in Jesus name. In the same way Isaac received divine directions that caused him to reap a bountiful harvest in the period of famine; divine direction is coming to you that will cause you to triumph over your challenges in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Kings 8:63; Galatians 6:9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 16-17; Matthew 24-26.

Tuesday, January 10th.
The Principles of Offerings - 3.

"Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness". (2nd Corinthians 9:10).

Offerings we give to God are governed by principles ten of which we have already discussed on the 8th and 9th of January. Please, read them before you continue with today's discussion as space will not permit us to mention them hear. For the purpose of today's discussion, I am going to use the word seed and offering interchangeably because your offering is likened to a seed sown.

The eleventh principle that govern offering is CONSISTENT GIVING. It is not just enough to give bountifully and willingly, you must be consistent in your giving. The writer of Ecclesiastes said, "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good". (Ecclesiastes 11:6). Don't live by past glory. It is not what you gave before that God will use to bless you, it is your consistency that will attract the favour of God. God only rewards those who diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6).

12. Your seed must die just as natural seeds we plant dies before it reproduces. Our Lord Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit". (John 12:24). In what sense does your offering die? You should take your heart away from how the fund is administered because it is no longer your money. There are those who give offering in Church and follow up on how the money is being used. Such persons will lose their blessings as they have not honestly given their offerings.

13. Give priority to your offerings before your personal needs. When money comes your way, determine what you want to give first before you plan your budget. A wise farmer separates his good seeds first against the next planting season before he thinks about his meal. This is actually what the opening text is addressing. It says, "Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food...". (2nd Corinthians 9:10). Notice, the seed was mentioned before the food. We are always in a hurry to spend monies that comes out way for personal needs first. After that, we give the left over to God. Separate your offerings first before you plan your expenses. If you put God first, he will manifest himself in your life.

14. Don't give torn or mutilated notes. It is gross dishonour to God. Some people give torn notes they can not spend in the market to God and expect to receive blessings from God. This is the reason God rebuked the Jews for offering goats that are sickly and lame to him. (Malachi 1:13-14).

15. Don't squeeze the note you give to God. This is a common practice amongst most brethren. They usually squeeze the offering in their palms before giving it to God. Dress the note, neat and smooth before you offer it to God. Some do it because they don't want the next person to see what they are giving. And this happens when the amount is relatively small. Don't compete with anyone. Just give your best and the Lord will lift you to a new level.

Lastly, when you give, back it up with a confession of faith. Let God know you are trusting him for a multiplied harvest so you can give more. Words are powerful. Keep affirming your expectations until you reap your harvest. Divine laws do not fail. Give your best at all times. In due season, you will reap if you don't give up.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Merciful and Gracious God, I am thankful for the much I have learnt concerning the principles that governs offerings. I ask for your mighty grace in the diligent application of these principles as I give my offerings in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the supernatural ability of God is at work in your life to subdue every evil works of the adversary. The Lord will deliver you from the evil schemes of those who envy you in the name of Jesus. You will experience supernatural increase in your life this year in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 26:12; Philippians 4:15-19.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 18-19; Matthew 27-28.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Wednesday, January 11th.
The Power of Praise.

"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed". (Acts 16:25-26).

Paul and Silas had just cast out the spirit of divination from a young girl who brought much gain for her master through soothsaying. When her master knew that the hope of making money from her soothsaying is gone, he laid hands on Paul and Silas and charged them to a magistrate court with false allegations. They beat them and cast them into prison.

They chained their feet in stocks, an old form of chain that makes use of log of wood and done in such a way that their feet becomes immobile. That means, it has no facility such as toilet or bathroom. You have to use the same room to urinate and defecate. It is better imagined than experienced. In spite of this inhuman treatment even for no just cause, they lifted up their voices in praise and prayers at midnight. This is uncommon as the other inmates might be groaning in pains and cursing by reason of their pains. Though their feet couldn't move, their mouths shouted the praises of the Almighty God.

The result was earthquake and the release of every prisoners. Their chains were all broken. Even the prison doors where opened. This is the power of praise. I think we need to learn to praise God more than the way we currently do. We spend so much time in prayers and very little time in praises. You hear of 'All Night Prayer' meetings but hardly hear of 'All Night Praise' meetings.

Everybody can praise God when things are going as planned but it takes faith to praise God in the midst of unpleasant situations. The ultimate goal of Satan is to steal your joy through circumstances he brings against you. Don't let it happen to you. If Satan succeeds in stealing your joy, he will rob you of your miracles. Hence the Bible says, "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations". (James 1:2).

In the Bible days, the city of Jericho was a fortified city. It was walled round and the walls were thick enough to accommodate houses on top of it. The Jews couldn't have been able to access the city even with the most sophisticated equipment. Joshua had commanded the Jews at the instruction of the Lord to march round the city for seven days. And on the seventh day, seven times. Then when they hear the sound of a long blast of the trumpet, they should shout and the walls will fall down flat. (Joshua 6:20).They did so and the walls fell down flat. In other words, the walls actually sank into the earth and there was no trace of a single layer of block of the walls visible. This is the power of praise.

I don't know what you are going through right now. Lift your voice and give God the best of your praise. Shout unto him with a voice of triumph. Praises attracts the presence of God and releases supernatural power that breaks every chain and removes every limitation. Praising God with the totality of your being is a guaranteed way of securing your miracles.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I refuse to let the circumstances of my life steal my joy. Father, I will give you the best of my praise at all times for you are worthy. I put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. I know that my victory is sure in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, every wall standing between you and your inheritance shall fall flat in the name of Jesus. Arise and shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. God will cause the light of his countenance to shine upon you. He will beautify your life with the good things of life and all around you will know that there is a God who rules and reigns in the affairs of men in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 2nd Chronicles 20:20-23; Psalms 100.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 20-21; Mark 1-2.

Thursday, January 12th.
The Power of Imagination.

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do". (Genesis 11:6).

The human mind is endowed with creative abilities. The journey to success begins in your mind. If you can conceive it, you can have it. Today, so many things people thought were impossible have become realities before our very eyes.

In the Bible days, when the whole earth spoke one language, a vision was conceived; They planned to build a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven. (Genesis 11:4). This project even in the day we are living is humanly impossible. It would mean having buildings that could be thousands of feet high and maybe up to five hundred stories. But God himself came down and testified that the project is achievable.

The only way God could stop them was to scatter their Languages.(Genesis 11:7-cool. However, there are two great lessons we can learn from this story. The first is the power of unity. They had one language and where united in purpose. Secondly, they already conceived the project in their minds. We will focus on the second lesson for the purpose of this study.

Your mind is a powerful tool that you can utilize to achieve great heights in life and do uncommon things. It begins with your thoughts. It progresses to the level of creating mental pictures based on those thoughts. You can actually see what you are thinking about as though they already exist. Such imagination produce a driving force that translates into actions. It consumes you day and night such that you take positive steps on a daily basis until you realize your dream.

Every major inventions you and I enjoy today was first a dream in the minds of the inventors. Today, we can travel thousands of miles within a few hours because of airplanes technology. In addition, you can talk to someone thousands of miles away through your phone as though he is just your back door neighbour. Most of these men met with temporary defeats but they were not detered.

What is it you want to achieve in your life? If you can see it first in your mind, you can achieve it. There are people who will try to discourage you. Quite a few others will even mock at you. But if you are determined, nobody can stop you. Start your journey to greatness today by imagining only positive things consistent with the word of God. Dream big. There is greatness in you. The road might be rough but by the power of the Holy Spirit, you will get there. "For with God nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for the ability you have placed within me. I will excel in the field of my endeavour and do uncommon things by the power of the Holy Spirit. I hereby declare that all my dreams and goals will come to fruition in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, you will be a wonder to your generation. Great things will be spoken of you. Your achievement will bring you before Kings and not ordinary men. You will be like a watered garden and like an ever flowing springs in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Philippians 4:13; Ephesians 3:20.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 22-23; Mark 3-5.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2017
Friday, January 13th.
The True Meaning of Success.

"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:cool.

Success means different things to different people. To some, it means acquisition of wealth. To others, it means rising to a position of fame and power. I would like to define success as the progressive realization of God's purpose for your life.

There is nothing wrong in acquiring wealth but if it is done at the expense of your salvation, it is an utter failure. Our Lord Jesus said, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?". (Mark 8:36). In addition, he said, "...a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth". (Luke 12:15)

There is good success and there is bad success. The man who acquired so much wealth but died young failed in life. It is not the will of God for anyone to die young. There are stories of people who had all the good things of this life but spent the last few years of their lives on sick beds. This is certainly not a success story.

God wants you to do well in every area of your life. The first area of your life God is interested in is your spiritual life. As a child of God, what is your commitment to the advancement of the gospel in your local church? When you stand before the judgment seat of Christ, he will not ask you of the latest model of car you drove on earth. It doesn't matter to him if you put on Gucci designers shoes. What you did on earth that contributed to growth of the universal Church will be paramount in his mind. It will make sense if you used the Gucci shoe for evangelism. The latest model car you purchased will have eternal worth if you used it to take people who couldn't afford transport to church.

Whatever you achieve that has no eternal value is bad success. Don't get me wrong. You can buy a private jet and still make heaven provided the private jet facilitated the work of the gospel. You can own a massion and still make heaven provided it gave shelter to the homeless.

Don't spend the rest of your life trying to be rich at all cost. "For...they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows". (1st Timothy 6:9-10). God has already made you rich. Your union with Christ has brought you to the place of highest privilege. You are a joint heir with Christ. All things are yours.

Just get addicted to God’s Kingdom buisness and the good things of life will locate you. Love the Lord with all your strength, all your soul and all your heart. God in turn will respond to your love and will manifest himself in your life. Remember the Scripture says, "...Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man". (Ecclesiates 12:13).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for unveiling to me the true meaning of success. I refuse to be distracted by the cares of this world and the desire to get rich at all cost. I ask for your mighty grace to contribute my quota to the advancement of your kingdom on earth. As I do, I know that every good things of life will locate me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the zeal of God will consume you to do great things for the Lord. You will be the voice of God to countless thousands and nations of the world. You will run and not be weary. You will walk and not faint. People have been positioned to reach out to your needs in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 6:33; John 14:23-24; 1st Timothy 6:12-21.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 24-25; Mark 6-8.

Saturday, January 14th.
Hear and Do God's Word - 1.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves". (James 1:22).

Every authentic product comes with a users manual. It is much safer you study product manuals for its effective use and also to avoid damage to it. God's word is our manual for life. If you follow its instructions, your Christian life will be a blissful one. Let's take another analogy from living creatures. Every living thing is sustained by its source. Fishes are born in waters, so they live in water to stay alive. In the same way, the believers are born of God's word so we live by the same word to sustain the new life.

One of the keys to a victorious Christian life is hearing and doing God’s word. However, I need to remind us here that God's word is not just anything you read in the Bible. The word of God for us today is any statements or declaration that is consistent with God's provision for us in Christ Jesus. For instance, you don't have to follow the instructions in the Law of Moses for they have been abolished. Besides, most of the things Jesus taught are in direct contrast to the Law of Moses. If the Church understands this truth, most of our doctrines today hinged on the Law of Moses will be uncalled for. Prayer forms like 'fall and die', 'Holy Ghost fire' for instance are not consistent with the teachings of our Lord Jesus.

In any case, let's see why you need to hear and do God's word. Our Lord Jesus after a long sermon said; "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock". (Matthew 7:24-25).

From what Jesus said in the scripture verses above, one of the reasons you should practice God's word is in order to lay a good foundation that will stand the storms of life. The storms of life will come whether you like it or not. To some persons, it comes in the form of financial crisis. To others, it could be marital challenges. Whichever way the storm comes, only those who live by the word will still be standing even in the midst of the storm.

For instance, you run a business outfit but refuse to pay your tithe and give quality offerings, your business might just be a disaster about to happen. Today, so many families are having marital challenges because they didn't follow the counsel of God’s word concerning their marriages. You can't for instance enter into a marital relationship with an unbeliever and expect a blissful marriage.

The Christian life is a glorious life. If you live by the standard of God's word, you will excel in life from one level of glory to another. Anyone who despises God's word will crash when the storms of life shows up. Hence Jesus also said, "And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it".(Matthew 7:26-27).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and everlasting Father, I thank you for your word that is a lamp to my feet and light to my pathway. Heaven and earth shall pass away but not a single jot of your word will go unfulfilled. As I put your word to work in my life, I know you will watch over it to bring it to pass in my life in Jesus name. Amen.

Prophecies: In the same way Noah was lifted up by the same flood that destroyed the world, I declare that you will be lifted up even in this trying moments. The Lord will bring your feet out of the miry clay and set it upon a rock. He will put a new song in your mouth and establish you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Psalms 119:105; Acts 20:32.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 26-27; Mark 9-11.

Sunday, January 15th.
Hear and Do God's Word - 2.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves". (James 1:22).

Yesterday, we said that hearing and doing God’s word lays a good foundation for you that can stand the storms of life. Today, we will look at a few examples of how putting God’s word to work opens doors of miracles.

Our Lord Jesus on one occasion during his earthly ministry used Peters ship to preach in the Lake of Gennesaret. At this time, Peter wasn't Jesus disciple yet and his name was Simon. After he was through preaching, he told Peter, "...Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught". (Luke 5:4). Peter who had caught nothing that day and had given up responded thus; "... Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: NEVERTHELESS AT THY WORD I will let down the net". (Luke 5:5).

I am certain before now, Peter may have noticed there was something about the words of Jesus. His words never goes unfulfilled. He took the step of faith and had the biggest catch of his life. The fish caught were so much that the nets broke and they solicited the help of the other fishermen in the second ship. The fish filled both ship such that they began to sink. This is God for you. He used Peter's ship to preach and rewarded him with the biggest miracles he ever had in his fishing profession. Peter on the other hand was wise enough to do what Jesus instructed.

Today, Jesus is still speaking to us through the pages of the Bible and through his ordained ministers. Sometimes, the step of faith you are required to take does not appeal to the senses but that is where your miracles lies.

Another good example is in the visit of Angel Gabriel to Mary to inform her she has been chosen to bear the miracle child Jesus without the agency of a man. This has never happened in the history of the world and Mary was compelled to ask, "...How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?". (Luke 1:34). The angel answered, "...The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God....For with God nothing shall be impossible". (Luke 1:35-37).

Mary's final response was, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me ACCORDING TO THY WORD...".(Luke 1:38). Mary received the word of God sent through the angel in faith. She was heartily persuaded and she became the instrument God used to bring forth Jesus.

Believe the word of God that comes to you today and act upon it when necessary. Your positive response to the word of God that comes to you is what triggers your miracles. Never doubt God's word. God is faithful and is able to bring to pass what he has promised. "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?". (Numbers 23:19).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for your faithfulness to your promises contained in your word. I put my complete trust in your word every day of my life. I refuse to lean on my understanding. I know you will never put me to shame. If you have proven yourself to countless millions of people who put their trust in your word, you will do the same for me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, every door that has been closed against you shall be opened in the name of Jesus. You will go in and out and find pastures. The blessings of the Lord will pursue and overtake you. The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit will cause you to overtake so many people that appears to be ahead of you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 4:19-21; Hebrews 6:16-18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 28-29; Mark 12-14.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:22am On Jan 23, 2017
Monday, January 16th.
After Death, What Next?

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment".(Hebrews 9:27).

One of the greatest enemy of man is death. Death was never part of God's original plan for mankind. It came as a result of the disobedience of the first man, Adam. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Romans 5:12).

Death however is not the cessation of existence. The Bible reveals to us that life continues even after physical death. Man is an eternal being. He is tripartite in nature. The real man is a spirit being who has a soul and lives in a body. When man dies, it is only the body that is dead. The spirit and soul of man lives on. The spirit and the soul are inseparable but are also distinct from each other. The soul of man consists of your mind, will and emotion. It is the intellectual center of man. It is the seat of reasonings. It is with your soul you acquire knowledge. The spirit of man is also known as the inward man. When Adam sinned against God, the spirit of man died. Only those who have been reconciled back to God through Jesus have a living spirit.

There are only two destinations after death; heaven or hell. The concept of reincarnation is not scriptural. The opening text says, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". (Hebrews 9:27). When Jesus died, he rose again from the dead on the third day. If their is reincarnation, he should have come back again to live in another form but no such thing has happened and no one has ever told us of his previous life on earth.

There are only two roads on earth; the narrow and the wide road. Our Lord Jesus said, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it". (Matthew 7:12-13). The word strait actually means hard or difficult.

The soul of those who followed the wide road are all in hell right now in great torment. The spirit of the few people who followed the narrow road are presently in heaven. That means, the dead are conscious and judgment is set immediately after death.

Where you end up is a consequence of the choice you make. If you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour and walk in the light of his word, you will make heaven. If you reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus and continue in the ungodly lifestyle, your destination is hell.

But, why would a loving God send people to hell? This is the question so many people ask. The truth is that God does not send anyone to hell, it is your decision that sends you there. But, how do we know hell is real? Has anyone ever gone there and come back to tell us his experience in hell? Is God not too hard to permit this kind of judgment? How do I know the right way to follow? We will deal with these questions from tomorrow. Meanwhile, be rest assured you have only one opportunity on earth to make the right choice. Salvation is a free gift. Receive Jesus now as your Lord and personal Saviour and follow the narrow road. If you are already born again, make effort to lead others to Christ and walk worthy of your calling.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Lord Jesus, I thank you for saving me through your death on the cross of Calvary. I reaffirm you as my Lord and personal Saviour. I will live the rest of my life in total loyalty to your will and your ways. Father, I ask for your mighty grace to see me through this journey of life in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will frustrate every evil schemes of darkness attacking your destiny in the mighty name of Jesus. You will not struggle to serve God. You will overcome all the temptations the enemy brings against you to sway you away from the faith. You will tread on snakes and scorpions and over every powers of the enemy in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 15:19-22; Jude 7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 30-31; Mark 15-16.

Tuesday, January 17th.
Is Hell Fire Real? - 1.

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God". (Psalms 9:17).

We established the fact that there is life after death yesterday. We also said there are only two destinations after death; heaven and hell. The road to hell is wide and easy while the road to eternal life is narrow and difficult. Only a few people take the narrow road. But how are we really certain hell is real? What proofs do we have of its existence?

The word hell is translated from the Hebrew word Sheol in the Old Testament. There are two words translated hell in the New Testament. They are Hades and Gehenna. There are those who argue that the word Sheol actually means grave and not hell. We will look at a few Scriptures in the Old Testament and see if grave is is the right translation for Sheol or not. Thank God we all know what grave is and we have all seen graves at one point or the other. Graves are usually shallow pits where dead bodies are laid to rest. There are graves that are in the form of caves but they are still shallow.

The opening text says, ""The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God". (Psalms 9:17). If we put the word grave in the place of hell, let's see whether the scripture verse makes sense. "The wicked shall be turned into grave, and all the nations that forget God". (Psalms 9:17). Grave is a place every dead bodies are buried whether they are wicked or righteous. So, it sure does not make sense to translate the word Sheol grave in this context. The Psalmist must be talking about the place only the wicked goes to and that is hell.

2nd Samuel 22:6 says, "The sorrows of hell compassed me about..." Are there sorrows in the grave? Does the dead bodies feel any pain talk more of sorrows? When people have made up their minds not to believe a thing, they twist the scriptures to make it agree with their preconceived opinions.

There are about 33 times in the Old Testament the word Sheol is translated hell. If you examine all of them closely, it doesn't fit the description of the physical graves we all know. Just look at the few more Scriptures references quoted below and judge for yourself if it fits the description of the physical grave; "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath".(Proverbs 15:24). "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell". (Proverbs 23:13-14). "And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice". (Jonah 2:2). "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption". (Psalms 16:10).

These Scripture references from the Old Testament proves that a place called hell does exist where the departed lost souls go to and suffer great torment before the final judgment day. Hell is actually a temporary place of punishment. There is place worse than hell. But you don't have to go there. Jesus already went for you so you won't need to go there. Tomorrow, we will look at the evidence of the New Testament to seal up my argument. We will also find out where hell is located.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Lord Jesus, I thank you for saving me from the torment and sorrows of hell. I reject the deceit from false teachers that teaches there is no place of torment called hell. I am heaven bound. Heavenly Father, I ask you strengthen me by your spirit in my inner mind to remain steadfast in the faith in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, those who despise you will look for you in the mighty name of Jesus. There is no frustration for you in the name of Jesus. It is well with all that concerns you. The Lord will be your hiding place. He will preserve your going out and compass you about with songs of deliverance in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Deuteronomy 32:22; Psalms 116:3.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 32-33; Luke 1-3.

Wednesday, January 18th.
Is Hell Fire Real? - 2.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched". (Mark 9:43).

We are still on the subject of the reality of hell. We looked at some references in the Old Testament that points to the reality of hell yesterday. We said hell is translated from the word Hebrew Sheol in the Old Testament. There are those who argue that the right translation for Sheol is grave. We subjected some of the scriptures to critical analysis and found that physical grave can not be the right translation for Sheol.

In the New Testament, there are two Greek words, Hades and Gehenna translated hell. Hell is translated 10 times from the Greek word Hades and 12 times from the Greek word Gehenna. First, let's look at a few scriptures where it is translated from the word Hades.

"There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And IN HELL HE LIFT UP HIS EYES, BEING IN TORMENTS, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom". (Luke 16:19-23).

This is a true life story narrated by Jesus to his disciples. It is not a parable. In parables, you don't mention specific names. Three names were mentioned in this story; Lazarus, Abraham and Moses if you read the complete story. How did Jesus know when he was not there? He knew by word of knowledge in just the way he told the Samaritan woman he met at a well her history.

The word hell here is translated from the Greek word Hades. It clearly reveals the nature of hell. The rich man was in torment and he is still in torment till date. The word grave couldn't have fit into the translation as there is no torment in the grave. In addition, the rich man spoke. No one speaks in the physical grave. This story narrated by Jesus is enough to convince any skeptics of the reality of a place of torment called hell. Even if it's a parable, the message is still the same. Parables are short stories designed to teach one a biblical principle or a moral lesson. You give parables with things that could actually happen in real life.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the GATES OF HELL shall not prevail against it". (Matthew 16:18). "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the KEYS OF HELL and of death". (Revelation 1:18).

This two Scripture references just quoted are the very words of Jesus. The first reveals hell has gates or entrance points while the second reveals it has keys. There is consistency in the two references as gates usually have keys. Jesus couldn't have been referring to physical graves as graves don't have gates and keys.

Please don't play light on this subject of hell as so many people do today. The torment is unbearable. It is better you were not born than to end up in that terrible pit after you have been warned and given the opportunity to be saved. We will attempt to round this subject up tomorrow. Take a bold step now and invite Jesus into your heart as your Lord and personal Saviour if you haven't done so. It is the best thing that could ever happen to you.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I pray for my family members and friends that are yet to receive Jesus as their Lord and personal Saviour. Give me the wisdom and boldness to preach the gospel to them. As I do, I pray they will receive the truth of the gospel that they might be saved and delivered from hell in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Prophecies: I decree liberty for you in every area of your life in the name of Jesus. You are set free from the shackles of the wicked one in the name of Jesus. I bind every witchcraft spirit attempting to frustrate your destiny in Jesus mighty name. The God that brought water out of the rock will turn your deserts into fountains in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 11:23; Acts 2:27.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 34-35; Luke 4-6.

Thursday, January 19th.
Is Hell Fire Real? - 3.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched". (Mark 9:43).

So far, we have dealt with the Hebrew word 'Sheol' and the Greek word 'Hades' translated into hell in the Old and New Testament respectively. We have also refuted the claim that the physical grave is the right word for Sheol and Hades. Today, we will look at the Greek word Gehenna translated into hell 12 times in the New Testament.

The Greek word Gehenna is derived from the Hebrew words, ge-hinnom , meaning
“Valley of [the sons of] Hinnom.” This valley South of Jerusalem was where some of the ancient Israelites “passed children through the fire” (sacrificed their children) to the Canaan items god Molech (2nd Chronicles 28:3; 33:6; Jeremiah 7:31; 19:2–6). The place is called “Tophet” in Isaiah 30:33. It was the place of horrible idolatry. God brought Babylon against Judah to punish her for the idolatrous practice. So when the Hebrews finally came back to Jerusalem after 70 years of Babylonian Captivity (about 605-535/6 BC), they resolved never to use the Valley of Hinnom for idolatry again. Instead, they burned their trash there, and it became a burning valley of waste.

Our Lord Jesus used the word Gehenna figuratively to depict the real hell where lost souls go to after death. He couldn't have been talking about the valley of Hinnon where trash are burnt. This is made clear when we analyze the statement he made in Matthew 10:28; "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell". There is no way you can throw souls into a physical burning trash. Only Jesus can cast soul into hell. Besides, the idolatrous practice has long ceased even before the time of Christ.

In addition, Jesus said the fire there is not quenched and the worms do not die. (Mark 9:44). This description doesn't fit the valley of Hinnon in Jerusalem which is also known as Gehenna. The fire there is not unquenchable. The worms there also die.

So, a place of horrible torment called hell does exist. It is underneath the earth surface, in the lowest depth of the earth. The hotness is unbearable. It was prepared for the devil and his angels but anyone who choose to serve the devil will go there also. Jesus already paid the price to redeem you from that horrible pit. Receive the free gift of salvation by inviting Jesus into your heart. Please, it is not about water baptism or joining a Church. It's all about what you did with the gospel of our Lord Jesus. Make him the Lord of your life today and depart from iniquity.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I thank you Lord Jesus for taking my place on the cross of Calvary. I know that my name is written in the book of life. Hell will not lay claim on my soul when I depart this earth in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God showed Prophet Ezekiel in a vision, a valley of dry bones. He told Ezekiel to prophesy to the dry bones and they shall live again. I stand by the authority of God's word that every dry bones in your life shall live again. The joy that has disappeared in your marriage and relationship shall be restored in Jesus name. Your business shall blossom again in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 23:33; Luke 12:5
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 36-37; Luke 7-9.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2017
Friday, January 20th.
Your Rights in Christ.

"And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together". (Romans 8:17).

Our union with Christ has brought us to the position of highest privilege or legal entitlement you should be acquainted with. Before Jesus death, he was the only begotten son of God. After his death and resurretion, he is now more appropriately referred to as the first begotten from the dead because God now has other children. The dead and resurretion of Christ has qualified as many as received him to become the sons of God. In just the same way every child has a share of inheritance in his father's house, the believer in Christ are also entitled to certain rights or privileges. You have to know what these rights are so you can enjoy the full blessings of your union with Christ.

The opening verse says we are heirs of God and JOINT HEIRS with Christ. That means all that belongs to Jesus belongs to us. So, the starting point is to find out what belongs to Jesus. The Scripture says, "[God] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, by whom also he made the worlds". (Hebrews 1:2). This verse says it all;Jesus is the rightful owner of all things. That means, all things belong to us. Apostle Paul confirmed it when he said, "Therefore let no man glory in men. For ALL THINGS ARE YOURS". (1st Corinthians 3:21).

Apostle Peter concurs to this revelation when he said, "According as his divine power HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue". (2nd Peter 1:3). Our Lord Jesus understood the rights of sonship when he said, "All things that the Father hath are mine...". (John 16:15).

However, it is your responsibility to lay claim on what is already yours through knowledge and faith. Walking in the fullness of the blessings that is already yours will not happen overnight. It will sure take a process of time. How fast you get there is a function of the revelations you receive and live by. If you don't act on the truth you receive, nothing supernatural will happen to you. Our Lord Jesus said, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free". (John 8:32).

Go for the word of God and be quick to act on the revelation you receive. For instance, the word of God teaches that there are blessings you receive when you honour men of God. How many of God’s children are putting this revelation to work? Many of God's children don't really believe the word of God. Rather, they prefer to put their monies in Ponzi schemes they later regret.

The word of God is truth and it will only work for those who believe and act upon it. In the mind of divine justice, ALL THINGS ARE YOURS. Your responsibility is to walk in the light of revelation you already have and desire to know more. As you do, you will gradually get to the point in your life where you will lack nothing. Tomorrow, we will begin to look at some of these rights you have in Christ. Meanwhile, begin to celebrate your rich inheritance in Christ for all things are truly yours.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the sonship privileges I have in Christ. Thank you for providing all I ever needed for life. I lay claim of what belongs to me in the name of Jesus. I declare that from this day henceforth, every good thing I desire in life will locate me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, you will receive great insight in the word of God that will catapult you into your rich inheritance in Christ. The Shepherd of your soul himself will lead you into green pasture. Your rags shall be turned into wealth and your dust into diamonds in the name of Jesus. I see God bringing you into a wealthy place. You will eat the riches of the 'Gentiles' and be far from lack in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Galatians 3:29; Ephesians 3:8.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 38-39; Luke 10-12.

Saturday, January 21st.
You Have The Right to Divine Healing.

"And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?". (Luke 13:16).

Our Lord Jesus was teaching in the synagogue on an occasion when he saw a woman who had a spirit of infirmity for 18 years such that she could not raise her body up. Jesus said unto her, "...Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God". (Luke 13:12-13).

The ruler of the synagogue in anger queried why Jesus healed her on a Sabbath day. Jesus responded thus, "And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?". (Luke 13:16). The key point is that she is the daughter of Abraham and because she is under Abrahamic covenant, healing is her covenant right.

In the same sense, your sonship relationship with Christ entitles you to divine healing. When Jesus died on the cross of Calvary, he bare your sickness so you can enjoy divine health. Peter testified to this when he said, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed". (1st Peter 2:24).

You are not even supposed to be sick at all but if you fail sick, you still have the right to be healed. You lay claim on your healing by exercising faith in his word and in the name of Jesus. You don't need to buy any special water, apron, bangle, oil or the so called blood of Jesus in a bottle. Miracles are free. Jesus told his disciples when he sent them out to preach the gospel, "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: FREELY YE HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE". (Matthew 10:cool.

Today, so many ministries take advantage of people's ignorance and make merchandise of them. Healing is your birthright. You don't need any medium through which you have to receive your healing. I agree that Apostle Paul at one time used aprons to administer healing but he did not make a doctrine out of it. When you make the brethren faith dependent on a material medium, you are actually putting them in bondage. If the so called healing substance is not there, they cannot exercise their faith.

But the word of God can always be in your heart and the name of Jesus on your lip. God's word never fails and the name of Jesus is higher than the name of any sickness or disease. "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father". (Philippians 2:10-11). So, refuse to be sick and in case you fall sick, lay hands on that part of your body that is hurting and rebuke the sickness. If the symptoms persist, take your attention away from it and stand on the word of God. You will sure have testimony on your lip.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and father of my Lord Jesus, I thank you for the new life I have in Christ Jesus devoid of sickness and pains. I also thank you for the right you have given me to receive healing. I therefore declare that sickness cannot stay in my body. I command every disease and infirmity to leave my body now in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the Lord will protect you under the shelter of his wings. No evil or disease will come near your dwelling place. You are far from every form of afflictions in the mighty name of Jesus. The Spirit of God that dwells in you will revitalize your mortal bodies such that you will enjoy divine health for the rest of your life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 40-41; Luke 13-15.

Sunday, January 22nd.
You Have The Right to Unlimited Wealth - 1.

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ". (Ephesians 3:cool.

The Bible says, "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein". (Psalms 24:1). In addition, God said, "...every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills". (Psalms 50:10). Every responsible father transfers his wealth to his children.

Our Lord Jesus has been made the rightful owner of all things. (Hebrews 1:2).Papa God has given him charge over all that he has. Jesus is therefore the all time richest man in the universe. It is a record that can never be broken. The good news is that we have been made to share in his inheritance. We own everything jointly with Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:17).

Why then do unbelievers appear to be richer than the believers? It shouldn't be. The Church is to be blamed. God is ready to effect a wealth transfer such that the Church will become the envy of the world but we are the one hindering the transfer. How? Our obedience to God in the area of how we administer the fund that comes to us is yet to be perfected. This is what Apostle Paul addressed when he said, "And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled". (2nd Corinthians 10:6).

Legally, all things are yours in Christ Jesus. But there are principles you must follow to gradually possess all that belongs to you. Noticed, I said gradually. It will not happen overnight. Don't get involved in get rich quick schemes that is all over the place. The Bible does not support it. Proverbs 28:22 says, "He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him". Any business that does not provide goods or services is fraudulent. It does not add value to the society. God will only bless the legitimate works of your hands.

One force that has hindered manifestation of unlimited wealth amongst the believers is the force of selfishness. We think too much about ourselves and care less about the need of people around us. The primary reason God placed that money in your hand is so you can give to someone in need. The Church is not supposed to be affected by economic recession if we learn to share what God has blessed us with one another. This is what the early Church practiced and there was no lack amongst them. (Acts 2:43-45; 4:34-37). The recent economic recession in our nation is making so many professing believers to hold tight to their monies. This negates one of the principles faith is based upon.

It is even commonly reported that income has dropped in most of our Churches in this part of the world. This is the time to give more. It is far better to cut down on expenses and give more. We should not be afraid of tomorrow. Our God is able to supply all of our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. But he wants to see your faith. It is only faith that triggers the supernatural intervention of God. God has given us everything we ever needed but we must follow the staircase of faith in our giving to get there. Tomorrow, we will look into more details on areas we have missed it. Just make up your mind to live by the principles of God's word concerning your finance and the wealth that is yours will not elude you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for given me access to your wealth. All yours are mine because of my union with Christ. I pray that you enlighten the eyes of my understanding to grasp the principles I have to follow to bring to manifestation what is already mine in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I decree super abundant all round prosperity in your life in the name of Jesus. Wisdom to create wealth is yours in the name of Jesus. God will cause you to ride upon the high places of the earth in the name of Jesus. Your steps are ordered to the right places and at the right time in Jesus mighty name. Doors of financial favour are opened for you in Jesus mighty name. You will reign in this life as a king over poverty and lack in Jesus name. Amen.

Further Study: Proverbs 13:11; Luke 6:38.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 42-43; Luke 16-18.

Monday, January 23rd
You Have The Right to Unlimited Wealth - 2.

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ". (Ephesians 3:cool.

Our wealth in Christ is unlimited. How much we are worth is the same measure of the worth of God. However, the manifestation of this wealth is hindered by a few acts of disobedience. Thus, for now, the unbelievers appears to be much richer than the Church. God will begin to shake the foundation of wealth of the ungodly when we start to obey him and effect a wealth transfer such that the Church will become the envy of the world. This is what we discussed yesterday. Today, we will examine in greater details one of the areas the Church is walking in disobedience.

First, we need to understand that the Church of Christ is one family. If in a family, one person is poor but the others are very rich, the family is still a poor family. God does not look at how good the Church is doing individually but he looks at us in the family sense. Until we get this right, there are limits in the glory of God we will experience as a Church.

We mentioned yesterday that one of the forces hindering the wealth transfer is the force of selfishness. We are too engrossed with our personal affairs and show very little or no concern for the poor brethren around us. This also translates to an act of wickedness. It is for this reason God rebuked the Jews who were under the Old Testament.

God through Prophet Isaiah unveiled the transgressions of the Jews. They had complained to God that he appears not to see their plight in spite of how much they have afflicted their souls in fasting. God responded by pointing out their errors and redefined the way he wants them to fast. Hear what God said, "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to DEAL THY BREAD TO THE HUNGRY, and that thou BRING THE POOR THAT ARE CAST OUT TO THY HOUSE? when thou SEEST THE NAKED, THAT THOU COVER HIM; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?". (Isaiah 58:6-7).

The emphasis God stressed is that they should show more concern for the poor and needy around them. See what God said would happen if they obey; "Then shall THY LIGHT BREAK FORTH AS THE MORNING, and THINE HEALTH SHALL SPRING FORTH SPEEDILY: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the GLORY OF THE LORD SHALL BE THY REREWARD. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall THY LIGHT RISE IN OBSCURITY, and THY DARKNESS BE AS THE NOONDAY. And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and SATISFY THY SOUL IN DROUGHT, and MAKE FAT THY BONES: and THOU SHALT BE LIKE A WATERED GARDEN, and LIKE A SPRING OF WATER, WHOSE WATERS FAIL NOT". (Isaiah 58:8-11).

The present Church is just like the Isreal of Old. How much do we really care about the need of the brethren around us? Life is not all about you. God blesses you so you can be a blessing to others. If we begin to live by this principle, God's glory will be seen upon the Church like never before. The wealth that appears to elude us will suddenly show up. We will get to the point where not a single member of the Church will lack. It is my earnest desire to see the Church begin to care for one another the way God expects us to. Ministries that are financially strong should also support up coming ministries rather than having a competitive attitude. Remember, the Scripture says, "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling". (Ephesians 4:4).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: My Father in heaven, I am so grateful for revealing to us what is hindering the manifestation of the wealth already deposited to our account. I ask for your grace and wisdom to minister to the needs of the brethren around me. I also pray that the Church of Christ will realize this truth and walk in the light of it in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, you are unstoppable. You will increase on every side in the name of Jesus. Help is coming your way. Your dreams and goals will receive divine backings in the name of Jesus. Even when the world shall say there is casting down, you shall say, there is lifting up. I see God taking away every limitations in your life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Deuteronomy 15:7-11; 1st John 3:17-18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 44-45; Luke 19-21.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:04am On Jan 24, 2017
Tuesday, January 24th.
You Have The Right to Forgiveness.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". (1st John 1:8-9).

The fact that you are born again doesn't mean you will not make mistakes. This is because you still live in a sinful body. It is your spirit that got saved at new birth and not your body. It is however your responsibility to put your body under control. Hence Paul said, "...I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway". (1st Corinthians 9:27).

God did not only save you and washed your sins away, he also made provision for your errors. He also does not condemn you when you sin. It is your conscience or heart that condemns you. "For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God". (1st John 3:20-21).

The devil also takes advantage of your error to accuse you before God. But when he stands to accuse you before God, Jesus shows up to defend you. Our Lord Jesus is your defense Counsel or Lawyer. This is why John, the beloved disciple of Jesus wrote, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And he is the propitiation for our sin and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world". (1st John 2:1-2).

So, if you fall into error, be quick to repent and ask God to forgive you and according to the opening text, "...he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". (1st John 1:9). What if you repeat the mistake over and over again, will he still forgive you? Yes, he will as long as you genuinely repent from your heart. Remember, he told his disciples they should forgive seventy times seven times in a day when offended. (Matthew 18:22). You are however not supposed to abuse this privilege as it can open the door for the enemy to afflict you with sickness and even destroy your life. It can also affect your fellowship with God as your heart could be laden with guilt. Moreover, it drains your spiritual energy such that your prayer life, study life and even fellowship with the brethren could be affected.

Make effort to live right as you have been given the ability to do so. But, if you fall into sin, ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven but make up your mind not to allow your flesh to control you. "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live".(Romans 8:13).

Prayer and Confession of Faith. Merciful Father, I thank you for the privilege I have to ask for forgiveness for my errors. I ask for your mercy and grace to put under control the desires of my flesh so I will not be disqualified on judgment day in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will prosper you far beyond your expectations in Jesus name. I declare you are released from every hold of darkness in the name of Jesus. You are rising above your challenges in the mighty name of Jesus. God will frustrate every evil plots of darkness arrayed against you in Jesus name. I dismantled every barricade placed on your way to success in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 6:1-14; Ephesians 4:17-24.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 46-47 Luke 22-23.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Like us on Facebook and receive Daily Rhema you need for a victorious Christian life. https://m.facebook.com/rhemaforlivingdevotional
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 9:15am On Jan 24, 2017
Join our Rhema For Living Devotional group. https://free./634736213366465?refid=27#groupMenuBottom.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 8:27am On Jan 26, 2017
Wednesday, January 25th.
You Have The Right to Choose What You Want Out of Life.

"And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them". (Deuteronomy 28:13).

God promised the Jews under the Law that if they keep the law, they will be the head and not the tail. They will be above and never under. The same God is your father today. He still wants the same for you. However, whether you get to the top is a function of the choices you make and your goals in life.

There are times life does not deliver to us our dreams and goals. At such times, we is tempted to settle for alternatives that are far below what we bargained for. The child of God however has the right to choose what he wants out of life without negating moral principles. Today, their are many scamners on the net in their quest to make ends meet. You don't make such kind of choice. Whatever you choose to do must be within the confines of law and Biblical standard.

You must have a strong desire to be at the top and make a quality choice to live by the principles of God's word. You may not always get what you want out of life but you shouldn't come below certain standards. Jesus died for you so you can have the best out of life. The top life is meant for you. You are not ordinary. The Scripture says, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light". (1st Peter 2:9). In addition, Apostle Paul said that, "...the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God". (Romans 8:19).

Go for the best in life. For instance, don't settle for a gateman when you can be the boss. If you are a gateman now, take time and improve yourself and come back and take your rightful position. Never loose your self image because of your present status and challenges. There are so many professing believers that are doing just anything to make ends meet even at the expense of their self worth. Even if you are doing some common buisness, do it differently. Add some touch of creativity into it.

Christians have allowed the unbelievers to be heads of political parties, Presidents and Governors. We have been misled to believe politics is a dirty game. Yes, it is dirty because we allowed dirty people to take charge. Daniel in the Bible days played prominent roles in three successive government of his day even in the land of captivity. Joseph was also a prime minister in Egypt.

Don't settle for the low life. Aim to be at the top. Make the best choice in everything you do. Begin to prepare yourself for the top life. It should also reflect in your appearance. Mind the way you dress because it will affect the way you are addressed. Above all, choose the wordway and not the worldway. God bless you and see you at the top.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for the inspiration I just received from your word. You have predestined me for the top life and that is what I have chosen. I reject mediocrity. The top life is my portion. I ask for your wisdom to guide me in the daily choices I make so I can get to the top you have already prepared for me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I break every curse laid upon you by virtue of your family lineage in the mighty name of Jesus. I bind every power of darkness that has been assigned to keep you at the bottom in the name of Jesus. I see you rising to the top in the name of Jesus. God will give you supernatural speed in Jesus name. The word of God you put to work will lift you up and place you at the top in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: Daniel 6:2-3; John 18:37.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 48-49 Luke 24 - John 1.

Thursday, January 26th.
You Have The Right to Use The Name of Jesus.

"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?". (Acts 19:15).

The right to use the name of Jesus is one of the greatest privilege the believers in Christ have. During Jesus earthly ministry, he said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover". (Mark 16:17-18).

Seven sons of Jewish Chief Priest known as Scava attempted to use the name of Jesus to cast out an evil spirit from a possessed man but the evil spirit replied, "...Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?". (Acts 19:15). In addition, the evil spirit jumped on them, overcame them and they all ran out of the house naked and wounded.

It is not everybody that has the power of attorney to use the name of Jesus. It is the exclusive rights of those who are born again. The name of Jesus is higher than every other names in the universe. The Scripture says, "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father". (philippians 2:9-11).

The early Church knew the power in the name of Jesus and took advantage of it. Peter and John on an occasion saw a crippled man asking for alms at the gate of the temple as they were entering and Peter said, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength". (Acts 3:6-7). What a miracle!

Today, a large percentage of the Church seems to have lost faith in the name of Jesus and rather prefer to shout 'Holy Ghost Fire' which has no scriptural basis. There is no where in the Bible we are told to shout Holy Ghost fire. Who are the target of such chanting? If it is humans, are we supposed to kill people in the name of religion? If the target are evil spirits, do we have the right to torment evil spirits? Even the demons said to Jesus, "...What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us BEFORE THE TIME?". (Matthew 8:29). There is a time set for their torment. Until that time comes, no one has the legal right to do it. At another occasion, a demon appealed to God, the highest authority in the universe that Jesus shouldn't torment him. (Mark 5:7).

You however have the right to cast out demons, bind or resist them in the name of Jesus. The name of Jesus has not lost its power. It is still the same today as it was in the Bible days. Jesus said, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it". (John 14:13-14).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for given me the right to use the name of Jesus. In the name of Jesus, I resist every schemes of darkness against my life. I bind every works of darkness in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. I also command every sickness to leave my body in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the Lord will fulfill the good pleasure of his will in your life in the name of Jesus. You will break forth in every area of your life. Your victory over the powers of darkness will be overwhelming. As you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life, everything around you will begin to blossom in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Acts 4:7-12; Luke 10:17-19.
Daily Scripture Reading: Genesis 50. John 2-4.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2017
Friday, January 27th.
You Have The Right to Live to Full Age - 1.

"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD". (Psalms 118:17).

There is not a single day that passes by that death is not recorded. Statistics reveals that about 151,600 people die each day in the world. This translates to about 6,316 deaths each hour. The rate at which people die young these days is even more alarming.

The child of God however has the right to live to full age. In the real sense, Christians don't really die. We sleep in the Lord. Death is said to occur when your life is cut short without your permission. It is therefore not uncommon to hear people die either by brief or protracted illness. Quite a few die by different forms of accidents.

If you are born again, you are under divine cover. Besides, Jesus already died for you so you can enjoy life to the full. The blood he shed was the price paid to redeem you from death and every evil works of darkness. Reject untimely death. It is not your portion. Even when wicked men plot to terminate your life, the blood that Jesus shed is your protection.

When God wanted to bring the plague of death on all the firstborn in Egypt, the Jews were told to apply the blood of lambs on the lintels of the doors of their houses so that the angel of death assigned to slay all the firstborn in Egypt will passover their houses. (Exodus 12:13). They did as the Lord directed them and not a single soul of the firstborn of the Jews died but all the firstborn in Egypt both of man and of animals died.

In the same sense, Jesus has become our passover lamb. Death in any form cannot lay claim on your soul unless you permit it. Death can only take the life of a believer who opens the door for the enemy to access him. Usually, it is through the door of sin or careless living. Other ways Christians open doors for death is evil speaking or gossips especially against God's people.

Even in crises prone area like the northern Nigeria where we hear of senseless killings by terrorist groups, God can still protect his children. The Psalmist says, "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked". (Psalms 91:7-cool. Christians who died under the hands of the terrorists were careless with their lives. If you are living right, your path and the path of death will never meet.

One sure way to secure yourself against death is to constantly use the blood of Jesus to protect you and your household. You don't have to apply any substance labeled the blood of Jesus as it is practiced in some denominations. You apply it with words by faith. Demons are intelligent beings and they know when they are restricted to access certain areas based on legal grounds. So, don't be afraid of the activities of wicked men and women who seek to destroy lives. They cannot destroy you as long as you know your right and do not open any door for them.

You are the one to decide when you want to leave this earth. But only those who have faithfully serve the Lord have the boldness to take such decision. Realize you are on a divine mission on earth. Until that mission is accomplished, no one can cut short your life. Live a life with purpose and live it for Jesus so you can get to the point where you can boldly say; "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing". (2nd Timothy 4:7-cool.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I shall live and never die. This is my heritage in Christ. Father, I thank you for this precious gift of life you have given me in Christ Jesus. Lord Jesus, I thank you for the blood you shed on the cross of Calvary that has redeemed me from death. Father, I ask for your continued protection from the hands of wicked and unreasonable men in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are God's special project on earth and until you finish your mission, no power or principalities can take your life. You will not die by any form of accidents in the name of Jesus. Sickness will not claim your life in Jesus name. You will not bury your children in the mighty name of Jesus. God will cause you to see your children up to the fourth generation if Christ tarries in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Psalms 91:16; 1st Thessalonian 4:14-15.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 1-2. John 5-8.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 4:15am On Jan 28, 2017
Saturday, January 28th.
You Have The Right to Live to Full Age - 2.

"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you". (Philippians 1:23-24).

Today, we will throw a little more light on this subject. Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians Church of his desire to depart the earth and be with Christ as contained in the opening text. He however decided to stay with them a little longer for their sake. So, to the believer, leaving this earth is a matter of choice. No one and nothing should take your life without your permission.

Our Lord Jesus death was a voluntary one otherwise no one has the power to kill him. Before he was crucified, Jesus told Pilate, "...Thou couldest have NO POWER AT ALL AGAINST ME, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin". (John 19:11). Long before that time, Jesus said, "...I lay down my life, that I might take it again. NO MAN TAKETH IT FROM ME, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father". (John 10:17-18).

The life we have received is indestructible. It is a superior life. No wonder John said, "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith". (1st John 5:4). We have overcome death because we already died with Jesus and rose from the dead. Death therefore has no more dominion over us. That doesn't mean you can go and stand in front of a moving trailer and not be crushed. That is foolishness.

When Jesus went to bring Lazarus back to life, he told the sister, Martha, "...I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me SHALL NEVER DIE. Believest thou this?". (John 11:25-26).

The Christian life is a higher life. If the Psalmist could say, "I shall not die, but live...", we should be saying, "I shall NEVER die, but live". Meanwhile, remember that the primary reason you are alive is because of the kingdom business. God saved you so you can be a useful tool in his hands to advance the cause of the gospel. Anything short of this could cost you your salvation. Take up your cross daily and follow Jesus so that when it's time to leave this earth, there will be great rewards waiting for you. Hence Paul said, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain". (Philippians 1:21).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and everlasting Father, I am forever grateful for the indestructible life I have in Christ Jesus. I am confident that you are able to keep me from evil and preserve my life from untimely death in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the mighty hands of God will keep you from the evil plots of wicked men in the mighty name of Jesus. God will give us his angels over you so you will not dash you feet against the stone in the name of Jesus. He will deliver you from the snare of fowler and from the noisome pestilence in the name of Jesus. The number of your days shall be fulfilled. You will leave this earth at a good old age and a fulfilled man in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: 1st John 4:4; John 3:31; Romans 6:9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 3-4 John 9-11.

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
Sunday, January 29th.
In Christ Jesus, There are Equal Rights For Male and Female.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus". (Galatians 3:28).

Generally speaking, women are often discriminated against both in the society and in the religious circle. As such, women play less active roles even in some of our Churches today because of the views that they shouldn't be involved in pulpit ministry. There are however infallible proofs of women involvement in ministry even in the Bible days. Gender inequality has been done away with in Christ.

When Jesus rose from the dead, the first person that was told to herald the good news of his resurretion was Mary Magdalene. Jesus said her, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God". (John 20:17). Mary became the Evangelist at that moment. She was not forbidden to proclaim the good news.

Joel said, "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions". (Joel 2:28). Prophecy is speaking forth God's word under divine inspiration. Joel just showed us that the daughters are not excluded.

Apostle Paul said in the opening text that there is no male or female in Christ Jesus. We are all baptized by the same Holy Spirit. There is no female Holy Spirit. The new life we have received is the same. And we all have access to the same father by the same Spirit.

A woman can occupy any of the office of the five fold ministry gifts namely; the office of a Prophet, Apostle, Evangelist, Pastor or a Teacher. There are quite a few Christian women doing well in the ministry all over the world. Even in the Bible days, Apostle Paul constantly referred to the couple, Priscilla and Acquilla who were actively involved in ministry. (Romans 16:3). If women are not supposed to be involved, he would have left out the name of the wife.

What then did Paul mean when he said, "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the Law". (1st Corinthians 14:34). Apostle Paul is not referring to women in general here. He was talking to wives. He further said, "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home...". (1st Corinthians 14:35). We should also know that before now, women were not given the opportunity to get educated like it is in our days. Then, it is assumed the husbands knew much better. But today, it is not necessarily the case.

It is only in a married relationship that the woman is subject to the man. Even at then, she is still not an inferior partner in the relationship. In any team work, someone has to lead and God has given the responsibility to the man to head the woman in marriage. Outside that, a woman can head a department or activity group in Church and everyone under her unit must be submissive whether male or female.

So, if you are a woman and you are persuaded God has called you Into ministry, don't let anyone or any Church rule hinder you from fulfilling your ministry. You will be answerable to God on judgment day concerning the ministry committed to your trust. Don't let anyone deny you of your right to serve God in any capacity. The God that worked through Kathryn Kuhlman of blessed memory is still the same God today.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for the opportunity given to everyone, male or female to serve you. I pray that your mighty grace will strengthen every woman in Christ to fulfill their ministry in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: There shall be no confusion or discouragement in your life this year. I see favour surrounding you like a shield in the name of Jesus. God will guide you with his very eyes. The Lord will preserve your going out and your coming in. He will make your way prosperous. The Lord will remember your good works and bless you. He will remember your offerings and increase you on every side. Your expectations will not be cut off in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 2:19; Luke 2:36-37.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 5-6 John 12-14.

Monday, January 30th.
How God Speaks to Us.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds". (Hebrews 1:1-2).

There are different ways God spoke to the Saints who were under the Old Testament. The first man Adam heard the voice of God on a cool evening after he ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil he was warned not to eat. (Genesis 3:8-10). The Bible did not state whether God appeared in any form but he did hear his voice clearly. He also spoke with the wife. God didn't have any conversation with the serpent but he laid a curse on it. (Genesis 3:14).

There are times God appeared in human form to deliver a message to his servants. One of such occasion was when three men visited Abraham. "And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground". (Genesis 18:1-2). Abraham somehow knew it was the Lord in the company of two angels. To buttress my point, Abraham bowed himself to the ground. Angels don't accept worship.

God actually came to reveal to Abraham his plan to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of their gross immorality. The two angels that accompanied God left for Sodom and Gomorrah while Abraham continued his intercession for Sodom and Gomorrah with the Lord face to face. When he was through interceding, the Scripture says, "And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place". (Genesis 18:33). This is about the most favoured way any man could talk to God. Abraham talked with God face to face as though he was talking to his next door neighbour.

There are other ways God talked with other Saints of old that space will not permit us to exhaustively discuss here. Our memory should not fail us to remember how God spoke to Moses in the wilderness through a burning bush. However, the commonest way God spoke with the Saints of Old was through the Prophets.

But, how does God speak to us in our days? The opening text says he speaks to us through his Son. You hear Jesus speaking to you through his documented words and works contained in the Bible. He also speaks to us through the letters of his Apostles. Put in another way, you hear God speak to you primarily through the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. The general mistake a large percentage of the Church make is to regard every instruction in the Bible as God's word to us. This is the main reason for doctrinal conflicts in the Church today.

So, if you want to hear God's voice talking to you, focus on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. You can also read the Old Testament but any instruction contained in it that does agree with the teachings of Jesus should be discarded. For instance, the instruction, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". (Exodus 22:18) is in conflict with the instruction Jesus gave in Matthew 5:43-44. The Church is however using it erroneously to kill their enemies through prayers. This is the much space will permit us to discuss today. Tomorrow, we will talk about other ways God speaks to us personally.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for the opportunity to hear you speak to me through the teachings of your Son Jesus and his Apostles. I take these words as a lamp to my feet and light to my pathway. I pray that you will guide my ways continually through the revelation knowledge of your word in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the giant in you will rise because of the revelation knowledge of God's word that will come to you. If you give the word of God its rightful place in your life, you will occupy your rightful place in the world. The truth of God's word will make you an unbeatable champion on earth in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 2:20; Galatians 1:8-9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 7-8, John 15-17.

Tuesday, January 31st.
How God Speaks to Us - 2.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds". (Hebrews 1:1-2).

We said yesterday that God speaks to us primarily through his word consistent with the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. Beyond the pages of the Bible, there are other ways God speaks to his children which will be the subject of discussion today.

One sure way God speaks to us is through his Holy Spirit. God has given us his Holy Spirit as a sure guide in all life related issues. It is usually through a still small voice. The Scripture says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God". (Romans 8:14). You should however judge whatever you hear by the word of God as the devil can also speak to you in disguise. The Holy Spirit and the word of God agrees. Our Lord Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth and God’s word is truth. (John 16:13). So, he cannot tell you to do something outside his word. However, You have to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the physical manifestation of speaking in tongues to be properly guided by him. And speaking in tongues often makes you more sensitive to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.

God also speaks to us through our hearts. This time, you may not hear any voice but you will just have a conviction in your heart either permitting or restraining you in a step you are about to take. Perhaps, you are about to accept a marriage proposal, deep within your spirit, you may have a restrain trying to stop you from taking that step. Everything in the natural might look convincing but deep inside your heart, you know you shouldn't do it. It is always wise to follow your heart and not your head when taking decisions. As it's commonly said, 'not all that glitters is gold'.

Always seek direction from God before taking major steps in your life. God can guide you in marriage related issues. He can also give you direction in your buisness. Many a time, you may have to wait awhile to know clearly which decision to take.

You can also be guided by visions. Visions can come in the form of trance or it can be open. Open vision occurs when your physical senses are not suspended. Most visions are messages from God. Apostle Peter was in a trance and saw different kinds of animals coming down towards him. He also heard a voice telling him to kill and eat. (Acts 10:13). God used the trance to prepare Peter to receive Cornelius, a Gentile and minister salvation to him. There are some visions that comes through dreams like the type Nebuchadnezzar had. (Daniel 2:28).However, you are not supposed to seek visions. Quite a few believers have ran into terrible errors because they were seeking for visions. If God choose to show you a vision, it's all right but don't seek for it.

One other way God speaks to us is through dreams. Most dreams comes in riddles whose meaning must be extracted with wisdom and experience. If you have a dream you don't understand, just take time and pray in tongues. The Holy Spirit will take charge of it. If it's a message from God, it will come back in another form. King Pharaoh dreamt twice through different riddles but the message was the same. (Genesis 41:25-32). If you have a bad dream, it shouldn't destabilize you. All you need to do is to cancel it through prayer and declare what God says concerning the situation. There are times you may have to accompany it with fasting. It is also important to know that not all dreams come from God. Always use the word of God as a basis to judge if it is God speaking to you. God will not tell you to do anything outside his word.

Dreams most of the times reveals your spiritual state or condition. Such dreams cannot be canceled through prayers. You have to repent of whatever you know you are not doing right. God sometimes use dreams to reveal his plan for us like he did to Joseph, the son of Jacob in the Bible. (Genesis 37:5-11). Details on the meaning of dreams or interpretation is beyond the scope of this devotional. The bottom line is that you can receive a message through dreams or see ahead the evil plots of the wicked one so you can cancel it.

Does God use people to guide us? There are so many who go to Prophets or Pastors to seek direction. They also prefer to attend Churches were they hear that the man of God can see their problems. Are these scriptural? We will answer these questions tomorrow. Meanwhile, follow the word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit as your sure guide in all life related issues.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for the various ways you are guiding me in life. As I move on in the journey of my life, I pray you will give me directions so that I will not go out of your will in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will turn your shame into fame in the mighty name of Jesus. He will guide you into green pastures such that lack will not be seen in you anymore. In just the same way God lifted Joseph from prison to become the second in command in the land of Egypt, that same God will lift you up from poverty to abundance in the name of Jesus. Yes, he will bring you into a wealthy place in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Acts 10:10-16, 13:2; 2nd Corinthians 12:1-5.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 9-10, John 18-20.

Wednesday, February 1st.
How God Speaks to Us - 3

We have so far established some facts on how God speaks to us in this present dispensation. The primary way he speaks to us is through his word in line with the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. The Holy Spirit also speaks to us through a still small voice. But you must judge every voice you hear by the word of God. God also speaks to us through our hearts. If we take time to listen to our hearts before taking major steps in life, we will not make some of the mistakes we make in life. Other ways we mentioned are through dreams and visions. Today, we will examine critically whether God can use other people or Prophets to speak to us. We will also find out if it is scriptural to seek visions or directions from Prophets or Pastors.

Under the Old Testament, the Jews usually consult Prophets to seek for direction. Prophets then were also referred to as seers because they have been anointed to see things supernaturally. However in the New Testament, God has given the Church the Holy Spirit to guide us in his will. The functions of Prophets in the New Testament are different from that of the Old Testament.

The Scripture says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God". (Romans 8:14). God has placed your destiny in the hand of a sure guide; the Holy Spirit. In spite of this, so many professing believers are still falling victims to fake Prophets and Pastors who use the name of God to deceive them.

Does it mean then that a Pastor or Prophet cannot see things concerning his brethren or people and give them direction? Yes, a Pastor or Prophet can see things concerning you but they are usually things God himself must have been talking to you about. He can use your Pastor or Prophet to confirm it. For instance, a Prophet cannot tell you God is calling you into ministry that you are not already aware of. Before God will use someone to tell you about your calling, God himself must have spoken to you ahead.

Let's look at a good example in the Bible.
When the brethren gathered in the church at Antioch, certain Prophets and Teachers were also in their midst. The Scripture says, "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them". (Acts 13:2). The direction given by the Holy Spirit must have been communicated through one of the Prophets. One thing you will notice in this message is that, it says he has already called them. So, Barnabas and Saul did not receive direction for ministry in that meeting. They knew God has called them. What they got there was a confirmation. Please, don't go into ministry because one Prophet told you that God has called you. If God has called you, you are the one that should hear from God first.

You can go to your Pastor or Prophet to give you counsel based on the word of God but it is not their duty to tell you what to do. Your Pastor cannot decide who you should get married to or the business you should invest your money into. He can however tell you the category of persons you shouldn't get married to and the kind of business you should never invest in. When it comes to taking major steps in your life, you have to hear personally from the Holy Spirit and not your Pastor or Prophet. What you can get from your Pastor or Prophet is confirmation of what God has already told you.

Train your spirit to hear from God personally. Don't go to any man of God to see visions for you and give you direction. They can counsel you with the word of God but it is your responsibility to take decision based on the leading of the Holy Spirit. Don't fall prey to false Prophets and Pastors that deceive people through their demonic visions and fake prophecies. They are only interested in making money and as such, you hear them giving you different charges for the spiritual work they do and sell all kinds of miracle materials. Keep your focus on the word of God and always follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. These are your sure guide through the journey of life that is sure to launch you into your rich inheritance in Christ.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you given me a clear understanding of how you speak to us. I pray that your word and the Holy Spirit will continue to be my sure guide throughout life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the evil intended against you by wicked and unreasonable men will work for your good in the name of Jesus. You will be celebrated where you have been tolerated in the name of Jesus. God will turn your adversities into opportunities in the mighty name of Jesus. He will turn your mess into a message in the name of Jesus. Those who despised you will look for you in the name of Jesus.

Further Study: Isaiah 11:2; Acts 16:6; 21:10-11.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 11-12, John 21-Acts 1.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thursday, February 2nd.
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". (Ephesians 6:11-12).

We are living in perilous times indicating we are indeed in the very last days as predicted in the Bible. (2nd Timothy 3:1).Christians are facing persecutions in many nations of the world today. There are lingering questions in the hearts of many Christians as to what our response should be to some senseless killings going on in this part of the world.

We live by the word of God consistent with the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. Our Lord Jesus said, "...That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also". (Matthew 5:39). This is the way of life that has guided Christians for years but most Christians appears to be having a rethink. They reason, they can't just sit and watch helplessly till every Christian is slaughtered. What then are we supposed to do? Ignore the words of our master Jesus and begin to fight? Why would God watch us slaughtered like goats?

But God promised to protect us from all forms of evil. In fact, the Psalmist says, "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked....There shall no evil befall thee...". (Psalms 91:7-10). So, why are the promises of these scriptures not manifesting in some of our Christian communities today? Where have we missed it?

If you study thoroughly God's dealings with the Jews, you will notice that they usually face oppression from the heathen nations whenever they transgress God's word. In other words, oppression doesn't just happen. So, the Church should find out where we have missed it and begin to ask for mercy. Some of our Church leaders have stained their hands in corrupt practices. Most of our messages this days are devoid of moral teachings. It is therefore not uncommon to see sinful indulgences amongst the flocks in such a manner you can hardly differentiate believers from unbelievers.

The Bible says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land". (2nd Chronicles 7:14). Besides, the Scripture says, "When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him". (Proverbs 16:7). I believe this is what the Church needs to do rather than prepare ourselves for physical battle. Tomorrow, we will talk about what we should do to stay under divine cover such that your path and the path of murderers will never meet.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, have mercy on us for our wrong doings and many ways we have forsaken your ways. Turn away your fierce wrath and anger from us. I pray that there will be a wind of revival in our land such that those who seek to oppress us will experience your power and receive salvation in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, you will not bury any young person in your family in the mighty name of Jesus. Bloodthirsty demons and wicked men will not see you in the name of Jesus. A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand but it will not come near you. You will be far from oppression of wicked and unreasonable men for it will not come near you in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study. Isaiah 54:14-17; 2nd Corinthians 10:3-5.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 13-14, Acts 2-3.

Friday, February 3rd.
How to Stay Under Divine Protection - 1.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty". (Psalms 91:1).

Security is a major challenge in the world today such that countries spend a large percentage of their earnings on it. However, we are living in an era where the government can no longer guarantee the security of his people. This is evident in the loss of lives in many nations of the world today especially through terrorist attacks. There are several others whose life are cut short by accidents and quite a few others through sickness. So many are living in fear each day and people no longer know who to trust.

The child of God however has an advantage because of the God connection. The Bible says, "...If God be for us, who can be against us?". (Romans 8:31). In addition, 1st Peter 3:13 says, "And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?".

However, there are things you must do to enjoy this divine protection. First, you must be born again. Salvation is a free gift offered to everyone on the basis of what Jesus has done for us. The steps you need to take to be born again if you are not yet saved is as simple as ABC. A; Acknowledge you are a sinner. The Bible says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God". (Romans 3:23). B; Believe in your heart that Jesus died for you and rose again on the third day to justify you. C; Confession him as your Lord and personal Saviour. Romans 10:9-10 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation". If you take these steps in faith, then you are born again and ready to enjoy the benefits of salvation one of which is divine protection.

Secondly, you must be baptized with the Holy Spirit with the manifestation of speaking in other tongues. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is what seals your salvation. (Ephesians 1:13). This is why our Lord Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved [protected and secured]; but he that believeth not shall be damned". (Mark 16:17). A large percentage of the Church took it for granted that Jesus was referring to water baptism. He was talking about the Holy Ghost baptism. Water baptism was John the Baptist imperfect method while the Holy Spirit baptism is Jesus perfect method. (Matthew 3:11; John 1:26-33; Acts 1:5). This is another area the Church has missed it. If we spend half the time we spend on water baptism to get members filled with the Holy Spirit, the Church will be too hot for the devil and his agents to handle. We will not easily become slaughter house for miscreants.

Until you are baptized with the Holy Spirit, you don't have the stamp of ownership upon your life. Holy Ghost baptism marks you out from the crowd as belonging to God. At this point, your protection is secured. You have become God's property and no one can touch you unless you are careless with your Christian life. This is the point where you can say that you have made the Lord your refuge. He takes personal responsibility to ensure that nothing happens to you.

It is impossible for a child of God who is born again and baptized with the Holy Spirit to die untimely by any means. Your path and the path of death cannot meet. Even if it comes close to you, God will provide a way of escape. Secure yourself by receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. When you do, you will receive a stamp that physical eyes cannot see but principalities and powers recognizes it. Angels will be assigned to you to ensure nothing happens to you because you are now God's property. Tomorrow, I will throw more light on this and guide you on how to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit if you haven't done so. I will also tell you more things you need to do to stay under divine cover.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the divine protection I have in Christ Jesus. I shall live and not die. There shall no evil or disease come near to me in the name of Jesus. I will fulfill the number of my years for this is my heritage in Christ Jesus. I know you will continue to hide me under the shelter of your wings in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, God will watch over you with his very eyes. He will give his angels charge over you and ensure nothing happens to you in the name of Jesus. He will fulfill the desires of your heart because you are so special in his sight. Even in this trying times, your needs will be met in the name of Jesus. When the people of the world will be saying, there is casting down, you will say, there is lifting up.

Further Study: Psalms 91; 27:1-3; 2nd Corinthians 1:22.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 15-16, Acts 4-6.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
Saturday, February 4th.
How to Stay Under Divine Protection - 2.

"...Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads". (Revelation 7:3).

The opening text is part of the vision God showed Apostle John concerning the events of the future. God is about to pour his wrath on earth to avenge the Saints that will be persecuted to death by the kingdom of darkness. At that time, all the Saints that will miss the rapture would have all been killed and John saw their spirits in heaven. (Revelation 7:9-17). But before the angels begin to pour out God's wrath in what is called, the seven trumpet judgment, 144,000 Jews will be sealed in their forehead to protect them the wrath of God that will be released in the seven trumpet judgment.

I used this passage to give us an insight of what it means to be sealed. We said yesterday that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the seal of our salvation. It is the stamp of ownership of God upon our lives. It is what truly confirms you as a child of God. In addition, it guarantees your protection against all forms of evil. So, Mark 16:16 can be paraphrased thus; "He that believeth and is baptized [with the Holy Spirit] shall be saved [sealed, protected, preserved, healed and delivered] but he that believeth not shall be damned.

It is therefore difficult for a child of God to just die like chicken unless you don't know who you are or you are careless with your Christian faith. Another reason a believer could die untimely is when you are living outside your divine calling. Every child of God has a divine assignment on earth and God will only take responsibility to protect those who are walking in line with their divine purpose. That is why the Roman government could not kill Apostle John. They threw him into boiling oil but he did not die. They forced him to drink poison and yet he survived it. They had to banish him to the Isle of Patmos which harbours the most dangerous animals as at then. It was there God gave him the vision that became the book of Revelation. John had a divine mission and until he was through with it, no one could take his life.

So, if you want to stay under divine cover, first receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. After that, find out what is your divine purpose on earth and commit the totality of your being towards its fulfillment. It is difficult to truncate the life of anyone who is fully committed to the will of God. So many of God's children live only for their selfish purpose. They are not involved in their local church. They are the ones that always have a reason why they cannot be in a Church service. Apostle Paul described such people as those that, "...profess.....[to ]...know God; but IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate". (Titus 1:16).

But how do you know your God given assignment on earth? If you are already born again, receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Then, find something to do in a local church. Don't be a Church Hopper. As you dedicate yourself to his service, over time, you will know what God has called you to do. But if you just warm the chairs in your church and you are waiting to hear a voice from heaven, you will wait till eternity. It also matters the local assembly you worship. If the Church does not have structure to give you an opportunity to serve and develop yourself, find somewhere else to serve God. For those who have not yet received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the ABC steps to receive the Holy Spirit is attached.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I will not die untimely because I have the seal of the Holy Spirit upon my life. Father, guide my heart to understand and fulfill your purpose for my life in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are the voice of God to the dying world. Thus says the Spirit of the Lord; as you let the light of the gospel to shine so that men will see my glory, I will also lift you up to a realm of glory beyond your expectations. As you touch lives, I will preserve you from every evil works of darkness and manifest myself in your life.

Further Study: 2nd Timothy 4:18; 2nd Peter 2:9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 17-18, Acts 7-9.

Sunday, February 5th.
How to Stay Under Divine Protection - 3.

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not". (1st John 5:18).

So far, we have talked about the protection you enjoy because of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the stamp of ownership of God upon our lives. He is the seal of our redemption. When you are baptized with the Holy Spirit, evils that befalls people on a daily basis will not affect you.

However, there are a few more things you have to do to keep yourself completely secured. The opening text says, "...whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not". (1st John 5:18). This doesn't mean you will not make mistakes but it does mean that you will not make a practice out of sin. John couldn't have said we can never sin because he said in the first chapter of the same book, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us". (1st John 1:8-10).

In just the same way sugar attracts ants, sin opens the door for the devil to attack or afflict you. This is exactly what the Psalmist meant when he said, "Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted". (Psalms 107:17). Ordinarily, the devil cannot access you. You grant him permission when you habitually live in sin.

Quite a few believers argue that no one can live above sin and as such make little or no effort to crucify the flesh. If this is the case, then Jesus died in vain. But we know it is not true. You can say no to the sinful impulses of the flesh. If Joseph of the Old Testament could run away from what appears to be a juicy offer from Potiphar's wife, then you don't have any excuse. That is a good record of someone who was not even born again saying no to sin.

Apostle Paul said, "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace".(Romans 6:12-14).

So, it is your responsibility to say no to sin. And if you mistakingly fall into sin, be quick to repent. If you find yourself struggling to overcome a particular sinful habit, see your pastor for counseling. It is important you do so because if you don't break off from the sinful habit, it will destroy you. Above all, it could cost you your salvation. So many that have refused to repent have experienced sudden deaths when they least expected it. Don't mortgage your eternal life for momentary pleasures on earth. The Scripture says, "..she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth". (1st Timothy 5:6).

If you want to enjoy divine protection against sickness, untimely death, accidents of any form and any other forms of attack, make effort to stay out of sin. His grace is sufficient for you. The Bible says, "Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?". (Proverbs 6:27-28). Remember also the saying, "whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him".(Ecclesiates 10:cool.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for given me the ability to overcome temptations. I therefore declare that sin will not have dominion over me. I ask for your grace to put my body under control so I can stay consistently under your divine cover in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The Scripture says that righteousness exalt a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. I see God taking away your reproach this year in the name of Jesus. As you develop love for righteousness and hate iniquity, God will exalt you above your companions in the name of Jesus. God will lead you in the path of righteousness and peace in the name of Jesus. Even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear no evil for it will not come near you in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 54:14; 1st Corinthians 6:18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 19-20, Acts 10-12.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
Monday, February 6th.
How to Stay Under Divine Protection - 4.

"What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile". (Psalms 34:12-13).

Key points raised so far of things you should do to stay under divine cover are; 1. Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is the stamp of ownership of God upon your life. It seals you against all forms of evil. 2. Live your life with purpose. Discover your divine assignment and fulfill it. When you are committed to your God's given assignment, no one can cut short your life. 3. Stay out of sin. Sin opens the door for the devil to afflict you.

Another act that affects your well being and life span on earth is evil speaking. It matters how you talk and the things you say about others especially God's people. God told Abraham, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee...". (Genesis 12:3). We are the seed of Abraham and we therefore enjoy the same blessing. (Galatians 3:29).

Aaron and his sister Miriam at one time spoke against Moses and Miriam came under divine judgment instantly. See the record; "And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous". (Numbers 12:1, 9-10).

God through a prophetic utterance further warns us of the danger of evil speaking when he said, "Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off...". (Psalms 101:5). The Bible in Basic English Translation puts it this way; "I will put to death anyone who says evil of his neighbour secretly". Some of the afflictions people suffer and even untimely death is due to slander especially against God's people. It is even more dangerous when it is directed on men of God. The Scripture warns, "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm". (Psalms 105:15).

So, mind the things says about others. Don't try to pull people down with your gossips. You will incur God's divine judgment which could cut short your life on earth. "Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings". (1st Peter 2:1).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I appreciate your love and grace towards me. I refrain my lips from speaking evil of my brethren. I ask for your grace to bridle my tongue in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I see you rising above your challenges and every limitations. The Holy Spirit who is the limit breaker is removing every walls of limitations in your life in the name of Jesus. God will direct your footstep to the ways of opportunities this month in the name of Jesus. I see God making a way for you out of every trouble you are faced with in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 4:31; James 4:11.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 21-22, Acts 13-15.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay by Ken4Christ: 6:36am On Feb 07, 2017
Tuesday, February 7th.
How to Stay Under Divine Protection - 5.

"Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will PRESERVE HIM, and KEEP HIM ALIVE; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies". (Psalms 41:1-2).

We have so far discussed four major keys that affects our security and life span on earth. Please, read the previous days discussion on this subject on the four key points already discussed if you are just following. Today, we will be looking at another key to divine protection and long life as unveiled in the opening text.

The opening text reveals the blessings you stand to enjoy when you minister to the poor which includes divine protection.The Scripture says that the Lord will preserve you. To preserve is to protect or keep you from harm. The passage also says that the Lord will keep you alive. It means that even when death shows up and you are not ready to go yet, it will pass over you. Ironically, many of God's children hardly render help to the poor brethren around them. This shouldn't be.

Furthermore, the opening text says that the Lord will not deliver you unto the will of your enemies. This also includes deliverance from terrorist attacks, armed robbers, kidnappers, witches and occultic men. This promises that are tied to benevolence should stir you up to give more attention to the poor. Life is not all about you. Break away from the force of selfishness and reach out to the needy brethren around you.

Generous people don't die so easily. Even when they die, their gift can bring them back to life. This was the case of a woman by name Dorcas who died and was brought back to life because of her good works and alms deed. The widows she had ministered to sent for Apostle Peter who raised her back to life. See the testimonies the widows gave about her; "Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and ALL THE WIDOWS STOOD BY HIM WEEPING, and SHOWING THE COATS and GARMENTS which DORCAS MADE, while she was with them. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive". (Acts 9:39-41).

Make delibrate effort to give attention to the needy brethren in your midst. Don't allow the economic situation to cause your love to wax cold. God himself is the guarantor of the poor. Besides the divine protection you stand to enjoy when you give to the poor, whatever you give away is a seed sown that will certainly come back to you in multiple proportion.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I worship you. I give you thanks for opening the eyes of my understanding concerning the blessings that awaits those who minister to the poor. I ask for your grace to always minister to the needy brethren in my midst in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: This year, the wisdom of God will see you through your trying times. Confusion shall be far from you. Winning ideas are coming your way in the name of Jesus. No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. The God that does not sleep day and night will watch over you. As you give constant attention to the poor, God himself will make your home his dwelling place and manifest his glory in your life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Acts 20:35; Galatians 2:9-10.
Daily Scripture Reading: Exodus 21-22, Acts 13-15.

(1) (Reply)

Any Healing Minister Here? / Rccg Sunday School 25 June, 2017 / Speak Out Your Righteousness - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 493
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.