Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) (15807 Views)

Bizarre! See The Namibian Tribe Where Sex Is Offered To Guests / Why Do People From Plateau State Have Funny Names? / What Are Some Of The Weird And Funny Names In Your Language/Dialect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
I was browsing through Facebook and came across a post with funny names of some people in Africa. It's not by force to have an English name.

Imagine a policeman asking any of them for their name and they answer doesn't matter or no more war.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
More

1 Share

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by AntiWailer: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
Lol
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by tobillionaire(m): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
lalasticlala, hw far na am I nt supposed to show on F.P todayundecided

2 Likes

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by general111(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
The gods must be crazy
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by ammyluv2002(f): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Because grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by samtee37(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
It look like nick names
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by decatalyst(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
dikeigbo2:
The gods must be crazy

The people are crazy!

Dem dey bear names like nairaland monikers! Obontami, smellymouth, lastmumu, lasisi69, rokiatu, grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
And I thought Nigeria was the peak of .madness

Beyond Repair Ngongo
Na name be that? grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by sxthizback: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by KingSango(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Dreamwaker:
I was browsing through Facebook and came across a post with funny names of some people in Africa. It's not by force to have an English name.

Imagine a policeman asking any of them for their name and they answer doesn't matter or no more war.

So they are naming their children based upon the energy most dominant at the time of birth. This is wonderful but how come they not use sounds from their own language? Anyway its their business. grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
grin grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Opistorincos(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by MarkGeraldo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
Immanuel the important person...grin

That moment when the mother is desperately in need of happiness she uses the child as the gatewaygrin

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by obontami: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
You go fear names na grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Adaodogwu(f): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
I don laugh tire
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by charijee(f): 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Just when I thought I've seen it all

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
charijee:
Just when I thought I've seen it all

I'm sure there's more that we haven't seen smiley

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by charijee(f): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
Dreamwaker:

I'm sure there's more that we haven't seen smiley
My brother, I tire cheesy
"Happy birthday"
"Why God"
"Very important person"

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
charijee:
My brother, I tire cheesy
"Happy birthday"
"Why God"
"Very important person"

Haha I know. I'm sure someone is named broken condom grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Greatzeus(m): 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Beyond Repair grin
Why God grin
Very important person grin
Chai this is just too hilarious, if I am a teacher there,every morning while calling attendance, I will always laugh and fall off my seat,they would just be wondering what is wrong with me. grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by henrimoto(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Lolz...Abeg, are these names real or its a kind of make up joke..

I no fit stop laffin here...

na so Zambia and Zimbabwe people reasoning be when it comes to Choosing an English Name.?
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by seunny4lif(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
Blood of Satan grin grin cheesy grin

Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Awoleesu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
SuperSuave:
And I thought Nigeria was the peak of .madness

Beyond Repair Ngongo
Na name be that? grin

Headward Edward Roablockuuu! grin grin grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by YourNemesis: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
These are all most likely transliterations into English gone wrong.
A lot pf African names make sense in the various indiginous African languages... but these days some Africans start thinking that is just not enough and then go on to translate such names into English.

They end up sounding totally disastrous.. as can be seen above.
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Jagaban880: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
lol grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by FisifunKododada: 2:55am On Jul 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) by Blackfire(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nigerian people with confusing name.

(1) (Reply)

Disrespect Of The Red Cap And Igbo Traditions:i Blame Your Parents!! / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! / Misunderstanding Anambra Igbo Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.