Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Free Wifi - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Free Wifi (1395 Views)

What Spots Can I Get Free Wifi In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Wifi by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
Please I need a network guru help here. There's a free WiFi network in my area, each time I try connecting with my phone it got stock at obtaining IP.
But when I use my PC it connect and I can visit any webpage. (pls d connection isn't from my phone bcoz I can connect to other WiFi through my phone)
Re: Free Wifi by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
It Another Form Of Securing The Number Of Users Accessing The Hotspot, Look 4 The Person That Set Up The Network And Be Guilded.
Re: Free Wifi by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ayodeleseyi65:
It Another Form Of Securing The Number Of Users Accessing The Hotspot, Look 4 The Person That Set Up The Network And Be Guilded.

I don't want the person to know I'm using the WiFi. Do u mean they limit the number of persons that can connect to it?
Re: Free Wifi by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
Yep, Your Wifi Will Keep Obtaining The Ip Address But All To No Avail. Funny Enough It Won't Ask 4 Password. I Would Advice U Best Ask Around
Re: Free Wifi by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ayodeleseyi65:
Yep, Your Wifi Will Keep Obtaining The Ip Address But All To No Avail. Funny Enough It Won't Ask 4 Password. I Would Advice U Best Ask Around
You've said it all... its keep obtaining the IP address. Pls is there any other solution bcoz I don't want to contact the person.
Re: Free Wifi by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
I'll Try To Do Some Findings, But For Now, No.
Re: Free Wifi by Lexusgs430: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2017
Buy your own WiFi router/modem, and use it the way you desire......

1 Like

Re: Free Wifi by Fulaman198(m): 7:49am On Jan 03, 2017
It sounds like a problem with your phone not being able to get an IP address from the DHCP server (which kind of sucks) since your computer can do it. Have you tried restarting your phone? It sounds like a problem with the Wi-fi radio in your phone. Keep in mind that wi-fi radio's in phones are much weaker than their laptop counterparts because they are smaller in size (and cheaper).
Re: Free Wifi by tunde300us(m): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
The prob is not rea;;y a problem its just the way the wifi device is setup itself.If ure a good network person u mite understand what will make a laptop connect and phone not connect. Because ure stealing the wifi i am not gonna profer any solution bro
Re: Free Wifi by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
I guest am not the only one experiencing such problems. but I was able to solve mine, I turbo on a forum where people were experiencing same problems. its not a phone problem but an Android problem. You can read below.....

Amogh Timsina
December 29, 2014 at 2:00 pm
maybe you didn’t configure it properly. Double check what you wrote on the boxes.
Som
December 30, 2014 at 1:35 pm
hello Amogh, i m facing the same issue in my xperia t2 ultra. i changed ip address to avoid conflict with any other device and this is letting the getting connected (meaning the ‘obtaining IP address’ message is gone and the status shows ‘Connected’) but i’m still not able to access internet. Can you please help?
Amogh Timsina
December 31, 2014 at 7:43 pm
Either the IP address you’ve assigned is conflicting with other devices or there is something wrong with your router’s settings.
Sunanda
December 31, 2014 at 9:22 pm
Amogh,,Mine is a Galaxy Note,Managed to get the IP address, but the net doesnt get connected!
Amogh Timsina
December 31, 2014 at 11:18 pm
post the screenshot of how you assigned the static ip. mail me on amg.at77@gmail.com
Tim
January 3, 2015 at 7:13 am
Static IP defeats the purpose of dynamic IP assignment. What is the fix to just make DHCP work the way it is supposed to work? I don’t believe android would say the solution is static IP only.
Mike
January 13, 2015 at 7:22 pm
The recommended solution did not work for me. However, I came across a comment suggesting that there is a problem with Android and some Belkin routers. As I had an oldish Belkin router I bought a new router (Netgear) and then everything worked fine. I appreciate that this is not a cheap solution, especially if it does not do the trick for you, but if like me you are despearte and nothing else works you may care to try it.
Aftab
January 19, 2015 at 2:12 am
thanks yaar, really helped me.
Priyanka
January 21, 2015 at 3:06 pm
Static IP entered so that it doesn’t conflict with the other devices connected. But still its not working.
Re: Free Wifi by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Fulaman198:
It sounds like a problem with your phone not being able to get an IP address from the DHCP server (which kind of sucks) since your computer can do it. Have you tried restarting your phone? It sounds like a problem with the Wi-fi radio in your phone. Keep in mind that wi-fi radio's in phones are much weaker than their laptop counterparts because they are smaller in size (and cheaper).
tunde300us:
The prob is not rea;;y a problem its just the way the wifi device is setup itself.If ure a good network person u mite understand what will make a laptop connect and phone not connect. Because ure stealing the wifi i am not gonna profer any solution bro

Fulaman198:

Thanks all for ur ideas...

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With My Dell Laptop: Windows 8.1 / Clean $ Confirm Uk Acer Mini@43k / Can Someone Be A Engineer And A Nurse At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.