Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity (1801 Views)

Creative Maternity Shoot Of Husband Putting A Pregnancy Into His Wife (Pics) / Husband Scarcity; A Call To Reality / Husband Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by mumumugu(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
wriitten by A Lady HUSBAND SCARCITY

A must read this may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push. "Husband Scarcity" has become one of the challenges faced by many women today, If you go to prayer houses majority of the intentions are prayer for a life partner and this calls for concern. Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers, was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a home and not park into a built home. Then, once a young man comes of age and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future. What am I really trying to insinuate? We created what we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for ourselves.

Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls around you and the number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem. You would be hearing girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering,and later in the marriage, the table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start small and end big, than start big and end small. The problem is that the description majority of ladies give of their ideal man is virtually the same. When 50 ladies want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity".

Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all those things these ladies want, legally (except illegal business); even the number of those in illegal business is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands. If you look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for man to really actualize the purpose for making him, without a help mate and then made the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled.

MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family that will serve God here on earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of POVERTY, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS..
.DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION.

Join in alleviating "husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am insinuating is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions or physical appearances. Look metaphysical (beyond physical). WHAT MAKES A MAN IS WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF. And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need.

#Nosakhare #iamnosberg

4 Likes

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by AngelicDamsel(f): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
lawrenzi:
I have always said that Education comes in different forms and shades, and one of those kinds of education is becoming responsible as a man, no school system will teach you that. This kind of value is not taught in our universities and colleges. No school will teach you how to take care of your spouse and such was the kind of education I received today from my mum. I was in the seating room with of my laptop reading an article on bellanaija when my mum sat quietly beside and said “Lawrence, I want to advise you”, I was like what does Mama Law want to say again this time, she continued

“When you get married take your time to invest in your family. Nothing will bring you more happiness and prosperity”.

“You must learn to pay more attention to the needs of your wife, if you do that I trust she will give you everlasting happiness.

“There is no need going out with another woman when you have a woman at home”

For a moment I stopped to think why my mum came up to start telling me about relationship and marriage, is she expecting me to get married anytime soon? Well I kept listening to her as she continued

“Law, she called out, one quality you must look out for in a woman is hard work, and woman who is hardworking will be a perfect fit, because sometimes when you are down, she will be there to back you up.

“You don’t need a woman, who will depend on you for everything she needs do not also wait for her to ask you before you give”.

She paused for a while, then I asked

Mummy, why are you saying all these things?

“She replied I am just saying”.

Then she stood up and left… I am still thinking where all that came from.

Please do you know?
Take my *LIKE*

2 Likes

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by George22016(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Some girls won't still learn.Yoruba girls arebd ones who will suffer it
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pls summarize it for me, thanks.
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by kateskitty(f): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Easier said than done angry
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
There are enough men for women. I believe there are even more men in Nigeria than women. As you said op, the women want a specific man who meets all their qualifications. If women continue to cry, there is only one remedy to this list of requirements. POLYGAMY. Men with more wealth will need to take on more than one wife to satisfy the demand. No more sidechicks and secret traditional ceremonies. Of course this will lead to poor men being alone and childless, so the rise in bridal kidnapping may occur.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-dvInWPU_dis/WGoQJW_VebI/AAAAAAACw5Y/o6rAufBpWpUc9ufjPqFZUCV7G2E1rhYWwCLcB/s400/C1JfJB_XUAEG3dz.jpg[/img]
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
Nice piece, very nice. Even as a guy I actually learnt from this post.

"When 50 ladies want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, what will happen to the 49 others" - word
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
What we have is scarcity of men with money to take care of his family, at least even 50% care is very scarce.
The ones without money naim full everywhere.

1 Like

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
Amelian:
What we have is scarcity of men with money to take care of his family, at least even 50% care is very scarce.
The ones without money naim full everywhere.
Money doesn't really make a man shun marriage. Its women who love money that makes a man shun or delay in getting married.

1 Like

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
SalomonKane:
Money doesn't really make a man shun marriage. Its women who love money that makes a man shun or delay in getting married.

My dear, even men love money
Without money, u can't buy food and eat
Without money, ordinary wil. Kill the person cause no money to buy drugs
Without money u can't live in house, how much more a room or even under bridge(worst case scenario)
Without money , the children won't go to school., even got school, no way
Without money, hospital will cease your new born child cos no money for hospital bill during child delivery from the mum
Without money ? A person either man or woman is as good as worthless.

So it's not about love of money now.. It's about? can u as a man provide the basic things at home for your family? Just the basic.. Food, shelter and medication. That's al for starters.

So money is the koko... Let no one tell u otherwise.

There was a time I was so broke, I'll, and hungry. My parents were late. I could hardly afford malaria drug.. I nearly died of malaria on Christmas day, years back..I was feverish on my bed waiting for death. My brain was already itching and I was delusional right there! If not for my Landlord back then.. God bless that man tremendously.. Cause I didn't show up on his xams buffet.. He was confused and came to my apartment to see what's wrong. There and then he saw me on the bed lifeless.. I simply passed out. Ordinary malaria for kill me and my broke bf then said he doesn't have money. I would bn dead back then. I just woke up. And saw myself in the hospital bed , his concerned face and his wife 's face we're staring at me.
Mehn abeg

So leave matter for Mathias

No money? Don't even think of getting married.

2 Likes

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Amelian:

Without money u can't live in house, how much more a room or even under bridge(worst case scenario)
Without money, hospital will cease your new born child cos no money for hospital bill during child delivery from the mum

So it's not about love of money now.. It's about? can u as a man provide the basic things at home for your family? Just the basic.. Food, shelter and medication. That's al for starters.

There was a time I was so broke, I'll, and hungry. My parents were late. I could hardly afford malaria drug.. I nearly died of malaria on Christmas day, years back..I was feverish on my bed waiting for death. My brain was already itching and I was delusional right there! If not for my Landlord back then.. God bless that man tremendously.. Cause I didn't show up on his xams buffet.. He was confused and came to my apartment to see what's wrong. There and then he saw me on the bed lifeless.. I simply passed out. Ordinary malaria for kill me and my broke bf then said he doesn't have money. I would bn dead back then. I just woke up. And saw myself in the hospital bed , his concerned face and his wife 's face we're staring at me.
Mehn abeg

Wow!. This is an epistle, I must say. But, amidst all this, don't you think it's wise if you hustle the money yourself, rather than depend solely on a man for survival?

I mean, let's say if the man who want to get married to, earns 50K and you also earn 50K, put that together and you both have 100K to work with. Rather than depend solely on the man's 5OK?

After all, dem say "na corporation make rice full pot".
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
SalomonKane:
Wow!. This is an epistle, I must say. But, amidst all this, don't you think it's wise if you hustle the money yourself, rather than depend solely on a man for survival?

I mean, let's say if the man who want to get married to, earns 50K and you also earn 50K, put that together and you both have 100K to work with. Rather than depend solely on the man's 5OK?

After all, dem say "na corporation make rice full pot".

What uv just said now, is right.
It's a great move to join hands from both couples to make things work in a home .
I don't dispute that idea. Most marriages these days is 50-50.. I mean most not all ooo.
If u have an understanding partner who works and both of u are sincere to each other .. Transparency is very good in marriage. Then both of u are good to go.
Sky is just the beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
Amelian:

What uv just said now, is right.
It's a great move to join hands from both couples to make things work in a home .
I don't dispute that idea. Most marriages these days is 50-50.. I mean most not all ooo.
If u have an understanding partner who works and both of u are sincere to each other .. Transparency is very good in marriage. Then both of u are good to go.
Sky is just the beginning.
Amen. Transparency, tolerance and understanding is among the things that make a marriage work.

Is that you on your profile?
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
SalomonKane:
Amen. Transparency, tolerance and understanding is among the things that make a marriage work.

Is that you on your profile?

Yep thats me
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 12:10am On Jan 04, 2017
Amelian:

Yep thats me
Okay. May I ask where you reside? You seem to possess the ability to say the truth. That's something that is rare these days. smiley
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2017
SalomonKane:
Okay. May I ask where you reside? You seem to possess the ability to say the truth. That's something that is rare these days. smiley

Smiles
Thanks I love saying the truth.
It frees my spirit and makes me vibrant.
Am based in Lagos

Why do you ask?
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 12:24am On Jan 04, 2017
Amelian:

Smiles
Thanks I love saying the truth.
It frees my spirit and makes me vibrant.
Am based in Lagos

Why do you ask?
Just curious, nothing to it.

Can I ask you a question?
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 04, 2017
SalomonKane:
Just curious, nothing to it.

Can I ask you a question?

Hmmm let's chat on watsapp

This is a public forum
Check my profile... Watsapp number is there smiley

1 Like

Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by blazer234: 7:16am On Jan 04, 2017
George22016:
Some girls won't still learn.Yoruba girls arebd ones who will suffer it

Many igbo girls are semi prostitutes on the street.

And last time I checked, it was igbos that would want their sons in law to pay high price for wedding.

What went wrong with your reasoning.
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by SalomonKane: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2017
Amelian:

Hmmm let's chat on watsapp

This is a public forum
Check my profile... Watsapp number is there smiley
Okay. Good morning. smiley
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by zeb04(f): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2017
as much as I advice don't be materialistic, I would also say don't settle for anything. you would get irritated in the long run.
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by nnamdibig(m): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2017
Amelian:

Mehn abeg

See them,
Keep doing same thing and expecting different result
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2017
SalomonKane:
Okay. Good morning. smiley

Morning smiley
Re: A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity by mumumugu(m): 3:28am On Sep 19, 2017
the read

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? / Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? / See My Wonderful Account Balance On The 24th Of December, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.