Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures (37795 Views)

Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
OMG!, RIP to the bead
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by lozanni(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
viviangist:

Source , http://www.viviangist.com/2-confirmed-dead-in-an-accident-along-ibadan-express-graphic-pictures

RIP to the dead
I was at Ibadan in the month of September 2016; on my way to and from the city, I noticed the indiscriminate parking of Trailers along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
I could not help thinking then that given the ways those trailers were parked, an accident(s) was just waiting to happen.
The relevant authorities should please intervene by forcing the trailer drivers to park at designated parks to avoid needless loss of lives through accidents.
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by jahsson(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Speed kills.. Speed .. As e dey sweet... Adrenaline pumping ... Nah so e dey kill... Speed dey kill... Speed is a killer...

The best driver in the world died from over speeding... Let those that have eyes read it here...
"speed kills"... Anything above 100km/h smells of doom...

if anything suddenly cut across d road... Braking suddenly will flip most cars... Especially jeeps...

jeeps r not speed cars... Rather they r built for off road terrain...
but black man nogo hear...

RIP to d dead... Now who will take care of d remaining children... ...

its so sad how you have carelessly left these children to face this world alone...

nah wah...

#wearewatching... We that r remaining...
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by imikibrahim: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Eyyah grin
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
May their souls RIP,, such a sad news
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by grafixdon: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
Viviangist and bad news
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
don't be surprise that some olofofo will still search their luggage for valuables
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
AkumahTalk:
From personal experience, I can tell you for sure that the driver had a brief moment of sleep. I know this because it appears that the impact stopped the vehicle rather than the driver slamming on the breaks when it was too late.They probably ran into a flat bed with no safety barrier behind it; hence the hood and a larger part of the vehicle ended up beneath the truck. I had a similar accident a few months back when I was heading home from work. I slept off and as God will have it, the flat bed I hit had a safety barrier so I did not end up under it. Guys!! always have plenty of rest before going behind the wheels.

And why the airbag did not deploy.

It's a crime me that all trailers don't have rear crash bars
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by PurestBoy(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
It was actually a parked trailer by the speed lane. I was on my way to Santa Cruz beach Ajah from Ibadan and it happened just beside our car before people started breaking the SUV from the boot. It was a painful sight for my eyes and our spirits were dull till we reach Lagos.
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by AkumahTalk(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
My brother a larger percentage of tokumbo cars have defective airbags. With a crash as severe as this one; airbags and seatbelts cannot save the (fronts seat) occupants.

Yes the Nigerian Road Safety should make side/rear crash bars mandatory for trucks.
EgunMogaji:

And why the airbag did not deploy.

It's a crime me that all trailers don't have rear crash bars
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by PurestBoy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
AkumahTalk:
From personal experience, I can tell you for sure that the driver had a brief moment of sleep. I know this because it appears that the impact stopped the vehicle rather than the driver slamming on the breaks when it was too late.They probably ran into a flat bed with no safety barrier behind it; hence the hood and a larger part of the vehicle ended up beneath the truck. I had a similar accident a few months back when I was heading home from work. I slept off and as God will have it, the flat bed I hit had a safety barrier so I did not end up under it. Guys!! always have plenty of rest before going behind the wheels.

I was there the moment it happened, the driver was probably sleeping not to have see the parked trailer, the road was free and we were in the slow lane while the accident happened at the speed lane beside us.
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Maximus85(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
viviangist:

Source , http://www.viviangist.com/2-confirmed-dead-in-an-accident-along-ibadan-express-graphic-pictures

Can we count how many deaths through many sad events that has happened between your demonic rooted Xmas and new year?

Hmmmm
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
AkumahTalk:
My brother a larger percentage of tokumbo cars have defective airbags. With a crash as severe as this one; airbags and seatbelts cannot save the (fronts seat) occupants.

Yes the Nigerian Road Safety should make side/rear crash bars mandatory for trucks.

1) But as an autoist, whenever a safety feature doesn't work as designed I get concerned. That it cannot save in such a high-speed impact crash is secondary to me. It's supplemental restraint system, not life-saving system grin

2) You would think though that individual truck owners would take the initiative. I mean how much will it cost to retrofit them.

http://www.nwabusinessjournal.com/15007/jb-hunt-buys-4000-trailers-with-new-rear-safety-design
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by Life4Varnity: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
Heavance:
God have mercy....
this just shows that our car is vanity, see how squeezed the jeep turned.

All is varnity o brother

Confirm that from my signature
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by highbee02: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by tunesoft(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
I wish one can get the mechanism of accident.....I seer tires screeches...so definately brake worked....or made attempt to work. The impact was infront and judging by the incline created yes they did ram into a vehicle infront. However.....the speed on impact would have been much....as the impact destroyed to front chassis up until 2/ends of the back. Sit belts wouldn't have help much in this case. However questions? Was the trailer stationary? Was the driver impaired in any form?
As for me.....sit belt always, speed limit always is 100km/hr....steady on 90 sef. I will never travel at rush hours....policy. and I abide by it. Pray always.for God to keep useless drivers off the road. May the dead rest UN peace
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by malele(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
i saw this accident when i was coming back on monday
Re: 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures by seangy4konji: 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
May God Grant them heaven...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue / Woman On A Bicycle, Man Crushed To Death By SUV. Graphic Photos / Relocating To Kazakhstan..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.