Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land (1126 Views)

Need Agents Or Middle Men/women To Buy Maize, Soybeans And Rice From / Please Need Advice On Maize Planting. / Urgent! Help! I Need To Chase The Birds On Maize Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by Penkelemess: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Happy New Year to all once again.

Been reading contributions and ideas on the side for quite some time and I must say that the amount of information on here is pretty valuable in so many ways - and information from the experts (@pamdaniel, @jovie, @hotmas911, @olayimikami) have been very helpful and insightful. Thought I'd jump in and get some information; as is always the case.

With that said, I have specific questions related to a project I am working on. In a nutshell, I just need to make sure the figures make sense and not start to build mansions in the sky. All answers would be greatly appreciated.

Questions:

- What is the average cost of clearing a hectare of land, in any of the following states; Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, and Ekiti?

- What is the average cost of herbicides? This is a very broad question since there are way too many varieties but an average cost will suffice

- What is the average cost of fertilizers?

- Where is the best place to purchase hybrid maize and soybean seeds? For this project, someone said it might be a challenge to source good seeds for 1,000 hectares and above

- What is the average cost of hybrid maize and soybean seeds?

- There are so many comments on how to plant and harvest but not so much on storage. What is the way forward with storage, especially when you have over 1,000 tons?

- Following on from the question above, any suggestions as to the best way to find bulk buyers? Especially with the feed mills, breweries, food processors, etc.?

All answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by jam04(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
whatever you arrive at NEVER clear your land with bulldozer,excavator or any construction equipment.. there are specific equipment meant for land clearing

Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by Penkelemess: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
jam04:
whatever you arrive at NEVER clear your land with bulldozer,excavator or any construction equipment.. there are specific equipment meant for land clearing

Thanks for your comments. I reckon you've probably saved me a bundle and I am so glad I came on here to ask these questions. Was already thinking of hiring a bulldozer. What type of equipment would you recommend for clearing farmland and will it be effective with trees? Perhaps there is a totally different process for trees?

Thanks once again for your comments
Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by jam04(m): 4:02am On Jan 05, 2017
Penkelemess:

Thanks for your comments. I reckon you've probably saved me a bundle and I am so glad I came on here to ask these questions. Was already thinking of hiring a bulldozer. What type of equipment would you recommend for clearing farmland and will it be effective with trees? Perhaps there is a totally different process for trees?

Thanks once again for your comments
Just get any brush mower (i attached one earlier )and you are good to go. If you can then do manual cutting through labourers... Just don't use bulldozers
Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by Penkelemess: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2017
jam04:

Just get any brush mower (i attached one earlier )and you are good to go. If you can then do manual cutting through labourers... Just don't use bulldozers

Sounds like you're talking from hard-earned experience. I looked up your profile and I see you're in Abeokuta. Do you have a contact number by any chance? I may be able to source the mower attachment but I still wonder if it will be able to clear the type of vegetation we have in Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by jam04(m): 10:55am On Jan 06, 2017
Penkelemess:

Sounds like you're talking from hard-earned experience. I looked up your profile and I see you're in Abeokuta. Do you have a contact number by any chance? I may be able to source the mower attachment but I still wonder if it will be able to clear the type of vegetation we have in Nigeria.

Thanks

I'm presently working with someone who will get the attachment and the bobcat for use in Ogun state. The mower will clear all vegetation either marshy or solid surface. The bobcat has either chain or tire depending on the job spec.
Re: General Questions On Maize, Soybeans, And Land by Exporthub: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS! BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS!! BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS !!!

Our company buys maize and soyabeans in large quantity at very good prices. Interested and serious suppliers should contact us;

Call - 08060146455; WhatsApp - 07088673436; Email - info@exporthub.ng

Commodity - Maize, Soyabeans
Moisture - 12% or less
Payment Terms - Upon Delivery (Within 48hrs Max)
Quality - Free from weavils, insects or molds
Type - Old & New Crop
Minimum Supply per batch - 30tons
Maximum Supply per batch - As much as possible
Delivery Location - Lagos/Ibadan/Shagamu/Oyo/Ilorin

An Irrevocable LPO will be issued.

Our buying price is the best in the industry,

BUYER OF MAIZE AND SOYABEANS

(1) (Reply)

Cucumber Now Cultivated In Igbo Land / Purchase Vegetable Seeds (cucumber, Tomatoes E.t.c) At Affordable Price / Green Nation Offering 50k Loan..if Your Interested Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.