Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister (2018 Views)

Monday Omo-Etan: OAU Suspends Lecturer For Sexually Harassing Teenage Student / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
I'll keep this short.
My sister just finished from a Polytechnic. While writing her project , she told me about a particular lecturer making sexual advances to her. This lecturer has daughters who are much older than my little sister. But that's not even the issue. I encouraged her to politely decline and avoid him as much as possible.
She managed to finish her exams and all, and I thought the drama was over. Now her results have been released. Before she saw the results, the lecturer called to say that she failed his two courses and the project. He added that there is remedy only if she will spend one night with him in his hotel (he owns a hotel around the school). True to it she scored E in all three courses, affecting her GP adversely.
My 23yo sister is now sad and confused. Please house, what's the best way to handle this situation. I have the guys email, phone and full name.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Rapmaestro(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
get concrete evidence and nail him...

1 Like

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by maxti: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
What are you waiting for?
Am surprised you didnt ask her to keep evidences .
You mean you didnt intervene personally until it got to this level?

what sch?
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
she needs evidences, be it audio and preferably video, it will make the case better,

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
Kelvinprinzyy:
she needs evidences, be it audio and preferably video, it will make the case better,
It actually took lot of courage for her to tell me. When I told her to gather evidences especially audio, that's when the man temporarily stopped bothering her. We thought it was over, now this.
I'd said she should begin recording all his calls. But my little sister is scared of other lecturers ganging up against her.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by kingsman66(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
fake news
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by olumide81(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
Wellmax, I am a lecturer also, most importantly from a polytechnic. You should at least hear from the other side before coming to a conclusion. What most of these ladies portray on our various campuses goes beyond what they present to us home. For those of us who genuinely passed through such system will agree that lecturers don't just make adamant positions without an insight.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by YhungPablo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
olumide81:
Wellmax, I am a lecturer also, most importantly from a polytechnic. You should at least hear from the other side before coming to a conclusion. What most of these ladies portray on our various campuses goes beyond what they present to us home. For those of us who genuinely passed through such system will agree that lecturers don't just make adamant positions without an insight.

I agree with you. I believe her because she's my sister and i at least know her to a large extent. I saw the card the lecturer gave her as a pass to his hotel. She's scored 45 in all his 3 courses (she did better in others ) and the lecturer actually called to tell her about it. I hope he calls soon and I'll have some evidence. Thank you.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by kennyjam: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Let me watch how it is being done....help her pls
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by olumide81(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
wellmax:

I agree with you. I believe her because she's my sister and i at least know her to a large extent. I saw the card the lecturer gave her as a pass to his hotel. She's scored 45 in all his 3 courses (she did better in others ) and the lecturer actually called to tell her about it. I hope he calls soon and I'll have some evidence. Thank you.
Bringing him down!? Are u sure your sister won't be going back to that same school, walk up to him in person and sort things out... This is Nigeria bro.my ten kobo
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
olumide81:
Bringing him down!? Are u sure your sister won't be going back to that same school, walk up to him in person and sort things out... This is Nigeria bro.my ten kobo

Naa. Not to bring him down, but so I have an alibi when i decide to meet him. Thanks again.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by OkoYibo: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
wellmax:

Naa. Not to bring him down, but so I have an alibi when i decide to meet him. Thanks again.

Get audio recordings and videos if possible. Get as many of these as you can. Then make lots of copies of the recordings and one for him.

Once this is done, get a lawyer friend to write a petition to the National Board for Technical Education. In the Petition, copy the DSS, the ICPC, the AIG Force CID, the Minister of Education and the Provost of the Polytechnic. Attach a copy of the recordings as well as the card he gave to your sis.

Once this is done, walk up to him and drop a copy of the petition. Drop your number and tell him that whether the others get their copies of the petition or not depends on him. Add that if your sister's score drops in any course he is not taking, he would be held personally responsible.

They just sacked a couple of them recently, he is just a number.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
Space booked
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by sirqeeboi(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
U said she scored E in all the three courses. .and that is not carry over ...how did it affect her gp is it from distinction to upper or lower. .cos I don't think three courses can affect so much of her gp or else she has 3.5 or 3.1..if not the three courses can affect her gp..if not a must she has A in the course. .i know a 3.8 that has 40..a distinction that has carryover ..if not she can move with her life ...
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Get him fired my friend. Get Spy pen, spy glasses and spy watches. I got some from Konga, just record conversations and nail that lecturer. What do you stand to lose and what are you waiting for ? Your sister's answer sheet will be reviewed and she will be properly graded when the fool goes down.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Eleniyan15: 12:10am On Jan 04, 2017
olumide81:

seconded, I smell foul play somewhere
But I wonder why she's making fuse about it she get person wey dey straff m for free na
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by ReorxTohGan(m): 1:20am On Jan 04, 2017
Eleniyan15:

seconded, I smell foul play somewhere
But I wonder why she's making fuse about it she get person wey dey straff m for free na
stupid Faggie,i Pray Sumtin Like This Happens To All D Females In Ur Family Tree..#BastardSonOfThousandFathers

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 04, 2017
Billyonaire:
Get him fired my friend. Get Spy pen, spy glasses and spy watches. I got some from Konga, just record conversations and nail that lecturer. What do you stand to lose and what are you waiting for ? Your sister's answer sheet will be reviewed and she will be properly graded when the fool goes down.

Problem solved!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by Bekwarra(m): 2:48am On Jan 04, 2017
oga o
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by babyfaceafrica: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2017
When did having an E translate to failure?...is that how they do in polytechnics?...let her move on,she didn't fail,jutdf coolWhen did having an E translate to failure?...is that how they do in polytechnics?...let her move on,she didn't fail,just had a bad result!!
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by cyberguy72(m): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nobody is even asking if the E she got in the 3 courses is actually what she merited.Instead of trying to setup the lecturer who might be trying to help her,why not politely call for a remark of her sheets.Most of these girl after failing a course would always want to put the blame on lecturers.Let her call for remark of her sheets.Mind you am nt trying to justify what the lecturer is trying to do ....... BUT JUST WANNA MAKE COMMON SENSE
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
When did having an E translate to failure?...is that how they do in polytechnics?...let her move on,she didn't fail,jutdf coolWhen did having an E translate to failure?...is that how they do in polytechnics?...let her move on,she didn't fail,just had a bad result!!

Yes you right. But with the E now, her grade points will drop to Lower Credit from Upper credit. She's ready to accept that though.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by wellmax(m): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
cyberguy72:
Nobody is even asking if the E she got in the 3 courses is actually what she merited.Instead of trying to setup the lecturer who might be trying to help her,why not politely call for a remark of her sheets.Most of these girl after failing a course would always want to put the blame on lecturers.Let her call for remark of her sheets.Mind you am nt trying to justify what the lecturer is trying to do ....... BUT JUST WANNA MAKE COMMON SENSE
You have a point. But he's told her that she would be joking with her results if she didn't give in to him. Also she did well in every other courses.
Well for now, I have told her to accept the results, but if he calls again and we begto to gather real evidence. Thanks.
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by babyfaceafrica: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
wellmax:

Yes you right. But with the E now, her grade points will drop to Lower Credit from Upper credit. She's ready to accept that though.
better
Re: Please Help: A Lecturer Is Sexually Harassing My Sister by cyberguy72(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
wellmax:

You have a point. But he's told her that she would be joking with her results if she didn't give in to him. Also she did well in every other courses.
Well for now, I have told her to accept the results, but if he calls again and we begto to gather real evidence. Thanks.
Yes let her accept the result or call for remark.Collecting evidences against the lecturer wouldnt make any difference.What of if she actually didnt perform well,there will be no case against lecturer even if evidences against him are forwarded to the school Authorities.

(1) (Reply)

THE INTERPLAY OF TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT - TERM PAPER / Opportunity For Ssce Holders And Jambites In Ibadan / Corona Private School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.