Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52315 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's hope Dalaman does not evade the question grin

grin grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
DeSepiero

I see you .

Oya come ooo

Table your arguments to prove atheism is not illogical
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
I don't understand the taciturnity of the atheists here I need their contributions . Its second page already and its been untenable arguments from them undecided
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
I don't understand the taciturnity of the atheists here I need their contributions . Its second page already and its been untenable arguments from them undecided
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's address this logically , no need for all this .

So please answer these questions

1. If "A" causes or brings "B" into existence , is "A" the creator of "B" ?

If yes :

2. Can we deduce the properties of A from the observation of B ?

If no

Why ?

Please I need a perspicuous response .

A car produces fumes from its exhaust. But can we deduce the properties of a car from. The exhaust fumes?

I want direct evidence for God. Everything I know has direct evidence on one way or the other. Why not God. Why is there no direct incontrovertible and objective evidence for God?

3 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
Muafrika2:
Atheists can't answer that. They are programed to ask grin

Exactly !

"Where is the evidence ?"

I'm not sure how this automatically proves that atheism is not illogical undecided

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

You refered to something u can "point to" if i am not mistaking?

Or is your "point to" metaphorical/literal?

"Point to" isn't literal.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They are huddling now. Trying to decide on the best manner of approach while others are sifting through google at this point grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Dalaman

If life on earth should be obliterated , how can we tell that intelligent life existed on earth ?

Based on evidence left behind that will indicate that intelligent life once existed. Like skeletons.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

A car produces fumes from its exhaust. But can we deduce the properties of a car from. The exhaust fumes?

I want direct evidence for God. Everything I know has direct evidence on one way or the other. Why not God. Why is there no direct incontrovertible and objective evidence for God?

Again i have to step in here.

A cars fumes can tell you the following

1. The kind of gas being used

2. The condition of the engine the fumes are coming from

3. The type of fume would also let you know the quality of engine its coming from (hybrid or not)

4. The consistency or lack of and pressure will show you the strength of the engine its coming from

5. It can give you details like IF THE ENGINE BLOCK IS CRACKED, IF YOU HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET OR AN OVERHEATING ENGINE

It can also tell you IF THE ENGINE IS BURNING UP OIL FAST OR IF OIL IS LEAKING IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER.

It can also tell you IF THE AIR FILTER IS CLOGGED OR IF THERE IS A FAULT IN YOUR SENSORS OR FUEL INJECTORS OR FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR.

It can also tell you IF YOU ARE USING A TURBO CHARGED ENGINE AND IF THE TURBO CHARGER HAS GONE BAD e.t.c

All that from just a cars exhaust fume grin grin grin

I am sure you know that a car that has a turbo charger is a high end vehicle and high end vehicles are usually fitted with comfort enhancing gizmos... grin grin grin grin

Dalaman...Next.... cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by taurus25(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please note that the

a. Universe creating itself is a logical absurdity .

Absurdity based on how you understand things?....or a conclusively proven fact?

b. Infinite regress of causes is illogical and impossible
Ok

With that sorted out here's the Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God

1. Whatever begins to exist must have a cause

True to an extent....but not entirely correct.

2. The universe began to exist

As far as we know.

3. Therefore , the universe has a cause

This would be true if and only if cause and effect holds both at the most fundamental level of existence and the observed level of existence, and apparently current scientific knowledge suggests that cause and effect do not hold at all levels.

Do you agree that this is a tenable argument for the existence of God ?

These are not in any way sufficient for assumption of a deity, save for confirmation that one does exist
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

There can be long chains of causes and it can be traced to a car . Cars have engines right ? And gases can be ejected from an engine as waste products .

You can deduce at least two properties

1. Machine that runs on fuel or gas

2. It has an engine

And cars are machines that have engines and run on fuel and I know you could argue that there are other machines . That means there is a set of possible causes .

If you understand the law of cause and effect , an effect is something caused right ? Do you think that proving that the universe is an effect is evidence that it has a creator (cause) ?

3 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Based on evidence left behind that will indicate that intelligent life once existed. Like skeletons.

Skeletons don't prove intelligent life but it can prove that living beings on earth had bodily frameworks

Can you please list at least five evidences that can prove that intelligent life inhabited this earth ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
taurus25:

Absurdity based on how you understand things?....or a conclusively proven fact?

Something can't create itself . But something can be caused to exist . Its factual and logical .

taurus25:
True to an extent....but not entirely correct.

Why is it not entirely correct .

taurus25:
As far as we know.

That means it affirms premise 1 and premise 3

taurus25:
This would be true if and only if cause and effect holds both at the most fundamental level of existence and the observed level of existence, and apparently current scientific knowledge suggests that cause and effect do not hold at all levels.

Can you explain further please ?

taurus25:
These are not in any way sufficient for assumption of a deity, save for confirmation that one does exist

How can you confirm that a creator does not exist based on conjectures ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

"Point to" isn't literal.

So you mean physical "point to" ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

They are huddling now. Trying to decide on the best manner of approach while others are sifting through google at this point grin grin

I don't think they can escape the obvious . But at least they should try . grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:
Even the best atheist professors have not been able to demonstrate how logic gave birth to atheism.

To the best of my knowledge it was hedonism , ignorance , rebellion , deceit and ignorance that gave birth to atheism .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jimmyjenseng(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please note that the

a. Universe creating itself is a logical absurdity .

b. Infinite regress of causes is illogical and impossible

c. Smolin’s Evolutionary Cosmology is mere speculation

With that sorted out here's the Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God

1. Whatever begins to exist must have a cause

2. The universe began to exist

3. Therefore , the universe has cause

Do you agree that this is a tenable argument for the existence of God ?

The Cosmological Arguments which is one of Thomas Aquinas' Proofs is baseless and vacuous.

The above argument relies upon the idea of a regress and invoke God to terminate it. It makes the entirely assumptions that God himself is immune to the regress.

It's more el cheapo to conjure up, say, a "big bang singularity", or some physical concept as yet unknown. Calling it God is at best unhelpful and at worst noxiously misleading.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

To the best of my knowledge it was hedonism , ignorance , rebellion , deceit and ignorance that gave birth to atheism .

Exactly.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

The Cosmological Arguments which is one of Thomas Aquinas' Proofs is baseless and vacuous.

The above argument relies upon the idea of a regress and invoke God to terminate it. It makes the entirely assumptions that God himself is immune to the regress.

It's more el cheapo to conjure up, say, a "big bang singularity", or some physical concept as yet unknown. Calling it God is at best unhelpful and at worst noxiously misleading.

Very false

1. The Cosmological Argument was not from Thomas Aquinas . Aristotle and Plato were the first to propose the existence a first cause . Thomas Aquinas only re-introduced it to Christian theology .

2. Infinite regress of causes is illogical and impossible so the existence of the First Cause which is self existent (uncaused) is a logical necessity

3. The First Cause which is self existent is God . 'God' is just an appellation for the first cause .

4. If you are repulsed by the word 'God' , we can go with the befitting description of the First Cause: an extremely powerful uncaused necessarily existing non-contingent non physical immaterial eternal being who created the universe and everything in it

5. The universe is a contingent being that relies on a non-contingent being that cannot not exist by the necessity of its own nature .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Infinite regress is logically impossible.

Moreover, GOD created the universe, which is made up of matter, space and time. Before the universe, time did not exist.

GOD must necessarily be uncreated because to suggest that He was created is to suggest that a time difference exists between the beginning of His existence and the beginning of the existence of His Creator. But time began with the universe. Therefore GOD is uncaused.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
The universe did not begin to exist.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by taurus25(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Why is it not entirely correct .

Everything is essentially a cause and an effect.
If we say for example that the horn from a car caused an accident, then the motion of everything everywhere is also a part of it. Everything leading to a final event can be classified as a cause. For example, lets say computers began to exist at a time. At what point in time or which action can we precisely say caused computers, because you have to break down every component that makes a computer and account for their causes.

At quatum mechanics, cause and effect as humans generally understand is completely obliterated. Experiment proves, incontrovertibly, that exact ideas of place and time required to make causation work simply do not exist. We can point to the physical effects which, taken as an aggregate, yield causation as an approximation, but only as an approximation. It works in common but simplified cases, not all cases.

How can you confirm that a creator does not exist based on conjectures ?

The exact same way you can confirm a creator exits because of conjectures
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Infinite regress is logically impossible.

Moreover, GOD created the universe, which is made up of matter, space and time. Before the universe, time did not exist.

GOD must necessarily be uncreated because to suggest that He was created is to suggest that a time difference exists between the beginning of His existence and the beginning of the existence of His Creator. But time began with the universe. Therefore GOD is uncaused.
And for God to create the universe there must be a TIME difference between the CAUSE(God) and the EFFECT(The Universe), and since there was no time before the universe... :|
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

So you mean physical "point to" ?

When they say something isn't literal what does it mean?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

And for God to create the universe there must be a TIME difference between the CAUSE(God) and the EFFECT(The Universe), and since there was no time before the universe... :|

Time is a component of the universe - what the universe came with.

Before the universe came to be, it did not exist. It began to exist only when GOD brought the universe into existence. Yet GOD existed before the Universe because you cannot claim that the Cause of the universe did not exist.

So, essentially, GOD exists outside the universe(matter, space and time). Therefore He is eternal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Time is a component of the universe - what the universe came with.

Before the universe came to be, it did not exist. It began to exist only when GOD brought the universe into existence.

So, essentially, GOD exists outside the universe(matter, space and time). Therefore He is eternal.
Look at this man.
In your previous post you claimed that God could not have been caused because CAUSALITY requires TIME which didn't exist before the universe.
In the same way the universe could not have been caused because CAUSALITY requires TIME which didn't exist before the universe.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
taurus25:

Everything is essentially a cause and an effect.
If we say for example that the horn from a car caused an accident, then the motion of everything everywhere is also a part of it. Everything leading to a final event can be classified as a cause. For example, lets say computers began to exist at a time. At what point in time or which action can we precisely say caused computers, because you have to break down every component that makes a computer and account for their causes.

At quatum mechanics, cause and effect as humans generally understand is completely obliterated. Experiment proves, incontrovertibly, that exact ideas of place and time required to make causation work simply do not exist. We can point to the physical effects which, taken as an aggregate, yield causation as an approximation, but only as an approximation. It works in common but simplified cases, not all cases.

I was expecting someone to mention quantum mechanics though you did so tacitly before I asked you to be explicit . Quantum mechanics just describes what takes place at the quantum level. It does not make any reference to causes, and this does not imply that there are no causal entities involved.

The exact same way you can confirm a creator exits because of conjectures

There are no conjectures here . As far as something has a beginning it obviously implies that it was caused .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

Look at this man.
In your previous post you claimed that God could not have been caused because CAUSALITY requires TIME which didn't exist before the universe.
In the same way the universe could not have been caused because CAUSALITY requires TIME which didn't exist before the universe.

God is timeless without the universe and time comes into being at the moment He creates the universe. This is simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DeSepiero(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
DeSepiero

I see you .

Oya come ooo

Table your arguments to prove atheism is not illogical

Whats illogical about atheism?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

When they say something isn't literal what does it mean?

It means the word means as it is written.

And as u wrote it, all your evidences need to be seen with the eyes .
U cant "point to" what u cant see.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God is timeless without the universe and time comes into being at the moment He creates the universe. This is simple
This is stupid. Creation/causation requires a TIME difference. So if there was no TIME before the universe then the universe was not created.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Meets Vera Anyim, Says He Never Intended To Embarrass Her / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists. / TB Joshua Returns From Prayer Mountain With 2021 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.