Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52364 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2017
joe4christ:

This indeed proves once more that religion is indeed for the weak minded.

Sail safe brov!

The atheist with a parochial mentality always proving my point . Shallow , ignorant and arrogant - you just can't take these traits away from them grin.

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2017
joe4christ:

And how are they able to prove that, from same baseless argument you put up here right

A very simple question . Nigga , if you can't answer this question just ignore it , don't bother responding ; you are making this simple plan which is to make you look stupid incredibly easy

Which is logical ?

1. Infinite regress
2. A universe from nothing
3. First Cause [Eternal , Immutable , Non Contingent , Necessarily Existing , Beginless]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by sonofthunder: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

No.

Atheists say that there is no evidence for God or Gods.

I can not claim that there is no God. There are over 1000 gods. I can only disagree with the ones I know.

The few 10 gods I know about (including Allah n Yahweh) all have self refuting properties so I can say that they don't exist.

But for the ones I do not know, I ask for proof from the believers who follow them.

Simple
... I can not claim that there is no God.
There are over 1000 gods...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by sonofthunder: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
BEL BOWS down, Nebo stoops [gods of Babylon, whose idols are being carried off]; their idols are on the beasts [of burden] and on the cattle. These things that you carry about are loaded as burdens on the weary beasts.
2[The gods] stoop, they bow down together; they cannot save [their own idols], but are themselves going into captivity.

3Listen to Me [says the Lord], O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, you who have been borne by Me from your birth, carried from the womb:

4Even to your old age I am He, and even to hair white with age will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry and will save you.

5To whom will you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me, that we may be alike?(A)

6They lavish gold out of the cup or bag, weigh out silver on the scales, and hire a goldsmith, and he fashions it into a god; [then] they fall down, yes, they worship it!

7They bear it upon their shoulders [in religious processions or into battle]; they carry it and set it down in its place, and there it stands. It cannot move from its place. Even if one cries to it for help, yet [the idol] cannot answer or save him out of his distress.

8[Earnestly] remember this, be ashamed and own yourselves guilty; bring it again to mind and lay it to heart, O you rebels!

9[Earnestly] remember the former things, [which I did] of old; for I am God, and there is no one else; I am God, and there is none like Me,

10Declaring the end and the result from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure and purpose,

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east--the man [Cyrus] who executes My counsel from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed it, and I will do it.

12Listen to Me, you stiff-hearted and you who have lost heart, you who are far from righteousness (from uprightness and right standing with God, and from His righteous deliverance).

13I bring near My righteousness [in the deliverance of Israel], it will not be far off; and My salvation shall not tarry. And I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel My glory [yes, give salvation in Zion and My glory to Israel].
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by JackBizzle: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
sonofthunder:

... I can not claim that there is no God.
There are over 1000 gods...

Your style of argument is called the "willfully foolish" method of argument.

You choose to act as if you do not understand what I said in context.

Let me rephrase because you are too dubious to understand;

"there are 1000 different gods that humans from around the globe believe in. for the religions I know, I can claim that the gods do not exist since they have self-refuting properties. for the rest 990 gods, I simply ask for proof- which is never given"
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by PhuckJesus666: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gods are the only delusions here. Notice how the tools used by Christians, Muslims and other religious folk to defend their dangerous, psychopath inciting (ISIS, Ku Klux Klan, hardliner churchies, islamists, etc.) faiths have been consistently eroded by the progress of modern science and social criticism. Now their only weapons are pathetic and myopic arguments like "the world must have been intelligently designed!", "millions of people can't be wrong!" or the infamous "I have seen and felt god myself!"

There is a reason that Christians no longer point to the tides to explain that god(s) exist. There is a reason you no longer see Muslims claim that the earth is flat (aside from IS and co., but they're an extreme sort of stupid). There is a reason why many faithful no longer believe that the earth is only a couple of thousands of years old. It's because traditional and modern science has constantly explained these phenomena with observation, analysis, demonstration and evidence. Something world religions have repeatedly failed to do.

The greatest irony? A large number of these scientific pioneers were followers of the religions whos beliefs their works discredited! And some of them were even punished by authorities for it (see Galileo!)!
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by PhuckJesus666: 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
There is no rationale behind atheism , it just says 'God does not exist' and that's it . No logical reason , no basis . No wonder retards readily embrace it .

There is a far vaster history behind atheism and religious skepticism than "God does not exist", but I don't see how claiming that "God does not exist" is illogical.

If a bunch of mushroom worshippers in some far off valley claim that Fairies exist, and I respond that they do not exist and that there is no evidence for their existence, does that make me retarded? Nah, I'd say the ones who follow the teachings and social perspectives of bronze-age hash smokers, and genuinely believe in magical beasts like angels and gods and demons, and who impose these beliefs upon government and society are the real retards here.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

There is a far vaster history behind atheism and religious skepticism than "God does not exist", but I don't see how claiming that "God does not exist" is illogical.

If a bunch of mushroom worshippers in some far off valley claim that Fairies exist, and I respond that they do not exist and that there is no evidence for their existence, does that make me retarded? Nah, I'd say the ones who follow the teachings and social perspectives of bronze-age hash smokers, and genuinely believe in magical beasts like angels and gods and demons, and who impose these beliefs upon government and society are the real retards here.

As you read this may your brain reset to its default settings

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

Plus err , there are atheist witches and religious atheists . Whenever you realize that atheism simply is there belief there is no God then you may have taken an auspicious step towards having common sense .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

The 2nd bolded statement actually makes u sound retarded.

Logic says the "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and will never be"

Please google it and educate yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by PhuckJesus666: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
felixomor:

The 2nd bolded statement actually makes u sound retarded.

Logic says the "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and will never be"

Please google it and educate yourself.

That's not logic. That's a quote you idiot. A quote that is abused ad infinitum by religious crazies to defend the fact that they have never been able to critically demonstrate that their belief in deities is anything more than an ancient cultural phenomenon.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by PhuckJesus666: 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

As you read this may your brain reset to its default settings

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

Plus err , there are atheist witches and religious atheists . Whenever you realize that atheism simply is there belief there is no God then you may have taken an auspicious step towards having common sense .

Whenever you realise that the god your forefathers were brought to worship by missionaries has no basis in modern science and reality then you may have taken an auspicious step towards mildly intelligent thought.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

Whenever you realise that the god your forefathers were brought to worship by missionaries has no basis in modern science and reality then you may have taken an auspicious step towards mildly intelligent thought.

Very shallow thinking as usual . You didn't even bother to takea look at the post . But what the hell , most atheists are damn philistines who are peeved at anything intellectual . They enjoy wallowing in their ignorance .

Even if the missionaries did not introduce God to us , as an intelligent being with an affinity for logic and a strong passion for knowledge , I could have deduced the existence of God .

You have two more chances to receive common sense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_theology

Don't let any pass you by smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

That's not logic. That's a quote you idiot. A quote that is abused ad infinitum by religious crazies to defend the fact that they have never been able to critically demonstrate that their belief in deities is anything more than an ancient cultural phenomenon.

Define evidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

That's not logic. That's a quote you idiot . A quote that is abused ad infinitum by religious crazies to defend the fact that they have never been able to critically demonstrate that their belief in deities is anything more than an ancient cultural phenomenon.

The bolded exposes your age and juvenile foolishness.

Asserting a fallacy by repetitions and yelling insults. Which doesn't change the fallacy though.

The fact you cant even open moniker with your correct identity speaks of how much seriously you should be taken.

The sad tale of another juvenile clown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Define evidence

Brother,
That guy is a full blown Clown.
He cant even use google to correct himself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
felixomor:

Brother,
That guy is a full blown Clown.
He cant even use google to correct himself.

Ah big boss , he is an atheist . I mean I'm surprised that he could even string sentences together . The atheists are not intellectually bright people , they are only good at empty vituperation against anyone who has common sense . They are also full of hate and rancor ; his affronts are clearly and totally gratuitous angry .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 12:00am On Apr 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Ah big boss , he is an atheist . I mean I'm surprised that he could even string sentences together . The atheists are not intellectually bright people , they are only good at empty vituperation against anyone who has common sense . They are also full of hate and rancor ; his affronts are clearly and totally gratuitous angry .
Lol
Very soon,
We will unmask the moniker.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:06am On Apr 21, 2017
felixomor:

Lol
Very soon,
We will unmask the moniker.

Of course . wink

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by JackBizzle: 1:58am On Apr 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Really? Atheists at not intellectually bright people?

Coming from you who tells silly lies against atheists all the time?

Let's examine the lies.

1) atheism is communism and communists killed because of atheism.

2) Mark Zuckerberg was never an atheist- despite the fact that Zuckerberg himself once stated it on his Facebook profile.

3) there are types of deism that require worship of a personal God. First you tried to lie that it was panendeism and pandeism but I caught you. Then you went ahead to mention spiritual deism which you failed to realise that it is an ambiguous term given that any deist can be spiritual without worship or a personal god. Then you mention Christian deism as if it is not a contradiction or even a real thing accepted by mainstream deist or christians.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by sonofthunder: 6:00am On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Your style of argument is called the "willfully foolish" method of argument.

You choose to act as if you do not understand what I said in context.

Let me rephrase because you are too dubious to understand;

"there are 1000 different gods that humans from around the globe believe in. for the religions I know, I can claim that the gods do not exist since they have self-refuting properties. for the rest 990 gods, I simply ask for proof- which is never given"
Lol...
... I
can claim that the gods do not exist
since they have self-refuting
properties. ...
pls can you define self-refuting properties though.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by JackBizzle: 6:04am On Apr 21, 2017
sonofthunder:

Lol...
... I
can claim that the gods do not exist
since they have self-refuting
properties. ...
pls can you define self-refuting properties though.

Can a married bachelor exist?
Can a 6 feet tall midget exist?

No. These things can't exist because they are contradictory and self-refuting
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

3) there are types of deism that require worship of a personal God. First you tried to lie that it was panendeism and pandeism but I caught you. Then you went ahead to mention spiritual deism which you failed to realise that it is an ambiguous term given that any deist can be spiritual without worship or a personal god. Then you mention Christian deism as if it is not a contradiction or even a real thing accepted by mainstream deist or christians.

I will going posting this snippet . It will do both the talking and arguing for me . You keep claiming that I told lies yet whatever I said is clearly written here . Christian deism and Christian atheism are similar : they reject the divinity of Christ but accept his moral teachings .

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

2) Mark Zuckerberg was never an atheist- despite the fact that Zuckerberg himself once stated it on his Facebook profile.

I've asked you so many times to provide evidence for this outrageous claim . Its funny that you bloviate about the absence of evidence for God yet you can't provide evidence for this ridiculous claim you've made . undecided

Apparently you don't know what evidence is .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:20am On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Really? Atheists at not intellectually bright people?

Coming from you who tells silly lies against atheists all the time?

Let's examine the lies.

1) atheism is communism and communists killed because of atheism.

Strawman . Atheism is an integral part of communism and yes communists killed because of their belief there is no God (atheism) . I've defended this so many times .

Please respond to the very first post where I asked you to define evidence and asked some other questions

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by sonofthunder: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Can a married bachelor exist?
Can a 6 feet tall midget exist?

No. These things can't exist because they are contradictory and self-refuting
so how did you determine God's/gods 'property'/ability/nature to be able to ascertain when God/gods have self-refuting or contradictory 'properties'?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by JackBizzle: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2017
sonofthunder:

so how did you determine God's/gods 'property'/ability/nature to be able to ascertain when God/gods have self-refuting or contradictory 'properties'?

How can a loving God create so much suffering on earth and still keep hell for people to suffer more?

Shouldn't an all knowing God not foresee that humans will be sinful? No, he got surprised and fed up then went to flood the whole world- committing the first global genocide.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by sonofthunder: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

How can a loving God create so much suffering on earth and still keep hell for people to suffer more?

Shouldn't an all knowing God not foresee that humans will be sinful? No, he got surprised and fed up then went to flood the whole world- committing the first global genocide.
which suffering did God create?
by the way, 'we' are shifting grounds now aren't 'we'?.
p.s. seems you have decided on a God/god...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
this is not shocking at all
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nice cool
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
More contributions .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: Lekki Toll Gate Massacre Could Complicate Things / Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] / Stephanie Otobo’s Mother At Omega Fire Ministry To Beg Apostle Suleman (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.