Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg (25326 Views)

Nigeria Conflict Stops Farmers’ Bid To Benefit From Us-China Trade War-Bloomberg / 11 Possibly Great Modern Presidents Nigeria Could Have (Pics) / Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Useful Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Pavore9: 7:34am On Jan 04, 2017
EarlOfWarwick:
Nkea atogbugo ndi Ofe mmanu ..

Yes na.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by DEWKID(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2017
why involving IPOB in this post ?
you seek for war watch it coming

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2017
Lalasticlala, is not possible to start removing posts with all these pictures? Are they not constituting some form of distraction?

Good reviews. However, I find it funny that a city like Lagos would even be compared to Rio. Rio's crime rates are off the charts. But then, the westerners already have a single story about Africa. To them, nothing good can come outta here.

And by the way, was it the last census that revealed that percentage of Muslims and Christians?! First time I'm seeing it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by wristbangle: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2017
Good remarks from bloomberg. It's a pity that both local and international reporters especially the latter gives negative view about the country albeit driving investors from coming into the country. I wish they can visit lagos and some other parts of the country to see how peaceful it is; if not for the boko haram menace, IPOB and NDA agitators which is somehow over hyped.

The only flaw I see in the article is the ratio of Islam to Christian in the country. I seriously doubt it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by cloudyskygrind(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2017
It might appear safe mr man, it's not. And it's also one of the worst cities on earth on basic confortability

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by keypad1: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2017
Yeah...we can teach them corruption and tribalism

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by abbeyty(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2017
i can see some people are jumping up cuz a white man writes their story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Ayus34(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2017
proeast:
Lagos is what it is, simply because the FG made it so out of stupidity of keeping everything there. Even if you put a dog as governor, Lagos will still continue to expand because a small area can not serve 180 million people without experiencing exponential growth. Lagos is the major reason afonjas keep shouting one Nigeria. They want the city to grow into the adjoining states with the contribution of other Nigerians. Smh.
So federal govt is also the reason for the religious tolerance like other Yoruba towns and cities....i swear yr head is filled With sawdust!!

1st class mumu

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by VictorRomanov: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2017
divicoded:
Where are the flattties? I hope they are seeing this? I hope they won't chorus it is their money that developed Lagos again when Abakaliki Umuhiahi etc are begging for development

If the bloomberg columnist had met u, he wouldnt have written the above.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Emjay1310(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2017
The statement Nigeria is made up of 50% Muslim's and 40% Christians. That is very dangerous. No facts to back that argument. And for those happy about that Lagos issue should not forget that it had the privilege of being the country's capital for more than 30 years. I smell something fishy in this report

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by vaca1: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

They are still on hibernation mode

300 views, 12 comments , that's a knockout punch they dare not talk nonsense
talk nonsense ke. dey there dey romance over a thread that will not bring you out of recession .your mates are busy making money and you are here constituting a nuisance. mtcheww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Emjay1310:
The statement Nigeria is made up of 50% Muslim's and 40% Christians. That is very dangerous. No facts to back that argument. And for those happy about that Lagos issue should not forget that it had the privilege of being the country's capital for more than 30 years. I smell something fishy in this report
I'm also concerned about that percentage thingy as clearly highlighted in my post above yours. I'm also wondering if it was the last census that revealed such. Seeing how this is the first time I'm reading anything on such.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by chrisviral(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2017
peckhamboi:
Tyler Cowen my main man.

The guy is just describing the Yoruba spirit.

Having lived in the UK for 15 years, I respect being a Yoruba more.

Sometimes I wish we could just leave this country for the other extremist groups.

You just contradicted the whole "tolerance" the writer was inspired by, by singling out and again pointing out your ethnicity. The writer talked about Lagos as a city housing not one kind but all kinds of Nigerians. One would think living in the U.K would make you smarter but oh well.

oduastates:
[s][/s]

Lagos - A Yoruba commune (city state) within the Yoruba country.
She is only doing what other Yoruba city states have done in the past .

Ife
Oyo empire
Ibadan empire

Egbas

Lagos and other Yoruba towns and cities are the exhibition of the unique values and tradition of the Oodua states

1 Tolerance
2 Community
3 Respect for nature and environment
4 Charity
5 Good character.
6 Conservation.

All these values were developed over centuries and guided by the knowledge of the universe , The Yoruba religion and the philosophy / body of knowledge of ifa.

Please read a book!

It is true that Lagos is a so-called Yoruba land. One can still argue that it's population might be largely made up of people from other ethnicities. Anyho, the whole idea of the piece is that, the west can learn one or two about tolerance from Lagos. Appreciate the piece for what it is and keep your "Yoruba better ethnic" bigotry self about of it.

Come at me if you wish!

Great piece.
Makes me a proud Nigerian. I'll definitely share this piece.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by drss2(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Sunnynwa:
...and who told him Muslim make up 50% of the population and Christians 40%?
dis is d lie peddled by born to rule fundamentalist to further their islamization agenda.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by GeniusDavid(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
The Only thing holding Lagos back is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by proeast(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Ayus34:

So federal govt is also the reason for the religious tolerance like other Yoruba towns and cities....i swear yr head is filled With sawdust!!

1st class mumu
Who is this tart mentioning me?? Kid, go and look for those in the same spectrum with you because I dont argue with juveniles, worse still the re.tar.ded ones. Now run along and never mention me again!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2017
divicoded:
Where are the flattties? I hope they are seeing this? I hope they won't chorus it is their money that developed Lagos again when Abakaliki Umuhiahi etc are begging for development

there had to be a tribal bigot here, there just had to be that one retar.ded person angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by free2ryhme: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Yea, 419 and Corruption
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Sunnynwa:
...and who told him Muslim make up 50% of the population and Christians 40%?

that's what statistics says, muslims are more than christians in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by steppins: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
peckhamboi:
Tyler Cowen my main man.

The guy is just describing the Yoruba spirit.

Having lived in the UK for 15 years, I respect being a Yoruba more.

Sometimes I wish we could just leave this country for the other extremist groups.
Leaving na for mouth. Try am!
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Okeikpu(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2017
I bet he wsnt there during xmas period
Also a warning for us to stop developing other pples land
The scarface pple r now claiming the ownership of Lagos sad
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by proeast(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2017
GeniusDavid:
The Only thing holding Lagos back is Nigeria.
So why do you guys keep trumpeting one Nigeria if your assertion is true The truth is that Lagos is what it is because of one Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by bamdelarf(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2017
wailers....yr food s ready .....#lemme coman b going

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
wristbangle:
Good remarks from bloomberg. It's a pity that both local and international reporters especially the latter gives negative view about the country albeit driving investors from coming into the country. I wish they can visit lagos and some other part of the country to see how peaceful it is; if not for the boko haram menace, IPOB and NDA agitators which is somehow over hyped.

The only flaw I see in the article is the ratio of Islam to Christian in the country. I seriously doubt it.

zicoraads:
Lalasticlala, is not possible to start removing posts with all these pictures? Are they not constituting some form of distraction?

Good reviews. However, I find it funny that a city like Lagos would even be compared to Rio. Rio's crime rates are off the charts. But then, the westerners already have a single story about Africa. To them, nothing good can come outta here.

And by the way, was it the last census that revealed that percentage of Muslims and Christians?! First time I'm seeing it.

Emjay1310:

I am actually surprised pple are doubting this statistic cause it has been available since God knows when, Muslims are more than Christians in Nigeria.
Just think about it, the North is over about 80% muslim and remember they marry numerous wives and give birth to a lot of children (most of them not all) and then the south is about 30-40% muslim as well, so yes, muslims are more than christians in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by oduastates: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
chrisviral:

You just contradicted the whole "tolerance" the writer was inspired by, by singling out and again pointing out your ethnicity. The writer talked about Lagos as a city housing not one kind but all kinds of Nigerians. One would think living in the U.K would make you smarter but oh well.

Please read a book!

It is true that Lagos is a so-called Yoruba land. One can still argue that it's population might be largely made up of people from other ethnicities. Anyho, the whole idea of the piece is that, the west can learn one or two about tolerance from Lagos. Appreciate the piece for what it is and keep your "Yoruba better ethnic" bigotry self about of it.

Come at me if you wish!

Great piece.
Makes me a proud Nigerian. I'll definitely share this piece.

They can learn from the tolerance of the yorubas .
Tell me which of the other top 10 ethnicities are tolerant

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by pchukwudi: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
With 160 million people, Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country. Just over 50 percent of the people are Christians, who form the majority in southern Nigeria; Muslims account for another 45 percent of the population, largely living in northern Nigeria. There are 30 million Catholics in the country. In 2012, close to 1,000 Christians died because of their faith in Nigeria, according to reports, and Boka Haram is responsible for the deaths of at least 700 Christians in 2013.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by 3mmyz(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:
Ipob yoots will hate Cowen forever! cheesy

Every Igbo can't be "torn" by hatred for other tribes, we left that in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Corrinthians(m): 7:56am On Jan 04, 2017
3mmyz:

Every Igbo can't be "torn" by hatred for other tribes, we left that in 2016.
Na Lie!!! cheesy

Igbos are programmed genetically to hate. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by HtwoOw: 7:57am On Jan 04, 2017
vaca1:
talk nonsense ke. dey there dey romance over a thread that will not bring you out of recession .your mates are busy making money and you are here constituting a nuisance. mtcheww

Amateur blogger begi begi people, are you out of rècéssìon?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by rabex123(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2017
darknetcom:
to hell with the western world...teach ko,teach ni...

tell those motherfs to stay the fvck away from us... angry...
Go and read pleas
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

I am actually surprised pple are doubting this statistics cause it has been available since God knows when, Muslims are more than Christians in Nigeria.
Just think about it, the North is over about 80% muslim and remember they marry numerous wives and give birth to a lot of children (most of them not all) and then the south is about 30-40% muslim as well, so yes, muslims are mire than christians in Nigeria.
Your analysis is dead wrong. You have decided to dash Muslims up north 80%, and then dashed them 40% again down south? Haba mana...fear God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki On Tinubu In 2014 About The APC VP Position / Abia Civil Servants Lay Curses On Ikpeazu Over Non-payment Of 9months Salary / Governor Ambode Inspects Apapa Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.