Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg (25312 Views)

Nigeria Conflict Stops Farmers’ Bid To Benefit From Us-China Trade War-Bloomberg / 11 Possibly Great Modern Presidents Nigeria Could Have (Pics) / Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Useful Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2017
zicoraads:

Your analysis is dead wrong. You have decided to dash Muslims up north 80%, and then dashed them 40% again down south? Haba mana...fear God.

not dashing them anything, that's what stat reveals.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by wristbangle: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

I am actually surprised pple are doubting this statistics cause it has been available since God knows when, Muslims are more than Christians in Nigeria.
Just think about it, the North is over about 80% muslim and remember they marry numerous wives and give birth to a lot of children (most of them not all) and then the south is about 30-40% muslim as well, so yes, muslims are mire than christians in Nigeria.

Until census is conducted to ascertain which is more. You may look at it from the angle of huge birth rate in North as most of them are Muslim but come to think of it, the Christians has increased of recent in the north and combining the population of Christian in the entire south, I can say it's 52%-48% in favour of Christian.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Corrinthians(m): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

I am actually surprised pple are doubting this statistic cause it has been available since God knows when, Muslims are more than Christians in Nigeria.
Just think about it, the North is over about 80% muslim and remember they marry numerous wives and give birth to a lot of children (most of them not all) and then the south is about 30-40% muslim as well, so yes, muslims are mire than christians in Nigeria.
You know nothing about the religious demography of your country. Do you realise there's a significant population of christians even in a state like Bornu? There might be as many Christians in the North as there are Muslims in the South brother. Dont doubt it for a moment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uchennamani(m): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
naijaGhandi:
Lagos - a country inside another country.
Yeah, you are right. Lagos has the fifth largest economy in Africa, and may even overtake Algeria in few years. Aside Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, Algeria, Lagos is the fifth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by rabex123(m): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
drss2:
dis is d lie peddled by born to rule fundamentalist to further their islamization agenda.
Jump off a cliff. Or better still write your own
The writer is a Muslim abi..
Sawdust brain

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2017
zicoraads:

Your analysis is dead wrong. You have decided to dash Muslims up north 80%, and then dashed them 40% again down south? Haba mana...fear God.

How does this argument contribute to the Article? We have no proper statistics anyway..

It distracts from the central message in the article.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by TeamSimple(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2017
The title should be 'Lagos could teach the west a few things' Or better still Southwest Nigeria could teach the West a few things. And not Nigeria please..Coz some people are ethno- religious drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uchennamani(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:
You know nothing about the religious demography of your country. Do you realise there's a significant population of christians even in a state like Bornu? There might be as many Christians in the North as there are Muslims in the South brother. Dont doubt it for a moment.
Oga, good morning. Muslims are bigger than Christians in Nigeria. The entire northern states make up 70% of Nigeria. Look at your map, it doesn't lie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2017
Hmm nice one smiley
At least he saw something positive in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by TeamSimple(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2017
Some people will still argue the population of Muslims to Christians in Nigeria..

You multiply as commanded reach us?
You dey marry reach us?
Half of the state's in the country is pure northern..Muslim 90percent to 10

And you still come here to argue. Some people need to buy sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by vaca1: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

Amateur blogger begi begi people, are you out of rècéssìon?
chaii e pain am wella. abeg make una borrow me dat f^ctard meme quote for this kiddo
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:09am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:

the population of christians in the north can never be more than muslims there or can never be as much as christians in the south and the population of muslims in the south can never be as much as muslims in the north. Execept the ratio has changed recently, the statistucbelow has been available for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
According to a 2001 report[14] from The World Factbook by CIA, about 50% of Nigeria's population is Muslim, 40% are Christians and 10% adhere to local religions.

wristbangle:

Until census is conducted to ascertain which is more. You may look at it from the angle of huge birth rate in North as most of them are Muslim but come to think of it, the Christians has increased of recent in the north and combining the population of Christian in the entire south, I can say it's 52%-48% in favour of Christian.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Adekunleideology(m): 8:09am On Jan 04, 2017
Lagos City ..EKO Ile Omo enu ose.. My Igbo people how far now !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 8:09am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

not dashing them anything, that's what stat reveals.
Show me the stats. You can't just pull a number out from the hat and expect me to agree. I'm from the north. And where am from(Taraba), our population as Christians outweigh Muslims. Most states in the North East have a very large Christian presence. Borno, Adamawa, Gombe. Now take the population of states in the North Central that are usually classified as Northern states. Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, Kogi etc. Some of these states above, like Benue...Christians, Niger...evenly divided, Plateau...Christians, Nasarawa...Muslims with a good number of Christians, Kogi...evenly divided etc.

Down South, apart from a state like Edo, is there any state that has a large population of Muslims? So where did you get your 40 percent Muslims down South from?

I understand your point as regards the number of wives Muslims marry. And Yes, their population might be more than Christians. But except a census is conducted as to that regard, I will not accept any projection as word of truth.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Corrinthians(m): 8:10am On Jan 04, 2017
uchennamani:
Oga, good morning. Muslims are bigger than Christians in Nigeria. The entire northern states make up 70% of Nigeria. Look at your map, it doesn't lie.
What has landmass got to do with population? Very naíve statement to make.

The landmass if the entire SE for instance is just about that of Sokoto state, but you cant compare the population of Sokoto in anyway to that of the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:11am On Jan 04, 2017
TeamSimple:
Some people will still argue the population of Muslims to Christians in Nigeria..

You multiply as commanded reach us?
You dey marry reach us?
Half of the state's in the country is pure northern..Muslim 90percent to 10

And you still come here to argue. Some people need to buy sense.

thank you my brother,I'm surprised pple are arguing over this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:13am On Jan 04, 2017
zicoraads:

Show me the stats. You can't just pull a number out from the hat and expect me to agree. I'm from the north. And where am from(Taraba), our population as Christians outweigh Muslims. Most states in the North East have a very large Christian presence. Borno, Adamawa, Gombe. Now take the population of states in the North Central that are usually classified as Northern states. Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, Kogi etc. Some of these states above, like Benue...Christians, Niger...evenly divided, Plateau...Christians, Nasarawa...Muslims with a good number of Christians, Kogi...evenly divided etc.

Down South, apart from a state like Edo, is there any state that has a large population of Muslims? So where did you get your 40 percent Muslims down South from?

I understand your point as regards the number of wives Muslims marry. And Yes, their population might be more than Christians. But except a census is conducted as to that regard, I will not accept any projection as word of truth.

According to a 2001 report[14] from The World Factbook by CIA, about 50% of Nigeria's population is Muslim, 40% are Christians and 10% adhere to local religions.

and apart from edo state, most south west states have a large muslim population Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun they have a lot of muslims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uchennamani(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:
What has landmass got to do with population? Very naíve statement to make.

The landmass if the entire SE for instance is just about that of Sokoto state, but you cant compare the population of Sokoto in anyway to that of the SE.
Have you been to the north? Yes or no? Aside Lagos, which other southern states in Nigeria have a very big population? Even Lagos is fairly divided between Muslims and Christians, as some yorubas are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

the population of christians in the north can never be more than muslims there or can never be as much as christians in the south and the population of muslims in the south can never be as much as muslims in the north. Execept the ratio has changed recently, the statistucbelow has been available for a long time.

CIA fact file. Psst! Those con artists?! See, Fani Kayode (FFK) sometimes speaks like someone who is mad. But even a mad man sometimes says things that are true. His last exchange on social media with Reno Omokri was particularly interesting. For one to really understand this country, you need to read it's history and how the north vehemently opposed Nigeria's independence. Forget the British and anyone that is her ally. Forget the CIA fact file.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by vaca1: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2017
Adekunleideology:
Lagos City ..EKO Ile Omo enu ose.. My Igbo people how far now !
eko dis eko dat. Lagos is made up of different ethnic groups almost 50 sef5. let them all leave and there is no lagos. so stopping bragging.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 8:18am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

This report is bollocks!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2017
zicoraads:

This report is bollocks!

Believe what you like.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by GeniusDavid(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
proeast:
So why do you guys keep trumpeting one Nigeria if your assertion is true The truth is that Lagos is what it is because of one Nigeria!
No, I am a strong advocate of One Nigeria. My Point is, the current situation of this country is what's holding Lagos from reaching its full potentials.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Sunnynwa:
...and who told him Muslim make up 50% of the population and Christians 40%?
My dear brother you asked the question before I did.See how the western journalists assume a lot of trash about Nigeria.Nigeria is a predominantly Christian country and no one should deceive us with false statistics.May be he meant the north since we know that we have many more.christians in the North than we were meant to believe.See how they help blood sucking fulani maurauders to shape the demographics of our country.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by emi14: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2017
oduastates:
[s][/s]

Lagos - A Yoruba commune (city state) within the Yoruba country.
She is only doing what other Yoruba city states have done in the past .

Ife
Oyo empire
Ibadan empire

Egbas

Lagos and other Yoruba towns and cities are the exhibition of the unique values and tradition of the Oodua states

1 Tolerance
2 Community
3 Respect for nature and environment
4 Charity
5 Good character.
6 Conservation.

All these values were developed over centuries and guided by the knowledge of the universe , The Yoruba religion and the philosophy / body of knowledge of ifa. Those values constitute the wealth of the Oodua nation .
Unfortunately,those values are be are being lost to an ogre of a Nigerian state.
Those value or what is left of it will sustain an independent Yoruba nation.

Congratulations . Use those virtues and values of Yoruba to establish an independent state of odudua. If in realities you're comfortable why haven't you push for independence and quench the conterminous nature of Biafra and Arewa or is that premature or fear of unknown? You have succeeded in tribalizing the sound mindedness and intentions of the OP.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by wristbangle: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

This is 2001 statistics dear. Things have change over the time and don't ever conclude based on the high birth rate of the northerners hereby concluding the Muslims are more. There are other factors to consider such as death rate, survival rate, accessibility to health, food and other basic amenities which favours the south more.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

there had to be a tribal bigot here, there just had to be that one retar.ded person angry angry angry

Why should I comment to a retar.ded person above?
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by uzolexis(f): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2017
wristbangle:

This is 2001 statistics dear. Things have change over the time and don't ever conclude based on the high birth rate of the northerners hereby concluding the Muslims are more. There are other factors to consider such as death rate, survival rate, accessibility to health, food and other basic amenities which favours the south more.

Like I said earlier, this is the statistics that has been available for a while and except things have changed, this is right.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by dokunbam(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2017
divicoded:
Where are the flattties? I hope they are seeing this? I hope they won't chorus it is their money that developed Lagos again when Abakaliki Umuhiahietc are begging fodevelopment
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2017
uzolexis:

Believe what you like.
Just read more on Expansionism in the North; and if you can, travel to some of these states. You would understand then.
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by darknetcom: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2017
rabex123:

Go and read pleas

read what??..
Re: Nigeria Could Teach The West A Few Things - Bloomberg by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2017
VictorRomanov:

If the bloomberg columnist had met u, he wouldnt have written the above.

If he had met you, he would have advised you to go back to your flattt heaadd akpu republic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: PDP Calls For Cancellation Of Election, Tells INEC What To Do / INEC Chairman Accused Of Mounting Pressure On Rivers State REC / NJC Advises Buhari To Confirm Tanko Muhammad As Substantive CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.