Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List (16586 Views)

Plateau Killing: Governor Lalong Laughs As Osinbajo Visits Him. See Reactions / Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President / Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Islie: 7:19am On Jan 04, 2017
By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

ABUJA—Barring any last minute delay, Federal Government is to release the names of board members of federal agencies, boards and ministries.

This follows the fine-tuning of the lists of the nominees by the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, on the instruction of President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure lasting peace over the contentious issue.

It was learned last night that following the intervention of Buhari, the list of nominees already sent in by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF, has been adjusted to take care of all interest groups.

A competent source confirmed to Vanguard last night that the intervention of the President followed complaints by governors and other party big-wigs that they were not consulted by the OSGF before the list of board chairmen and members was compiled.

Under existing tradition, the OSGF compiles the names of chairmen and members of boards of Ministries, Agencies and Departments, MDAs, on the direction of the Presidency to reflect the interests of those who supported the making of the government.

However, it was gathered, yesterday, that the furore generated by governors and top officials of All Progressives Congress, APC, that they were schemed out of the nominations for boards of key parastatals, forced the Presidency to recall the list for what a source described as ‘further action.’

Reason for delay
It was learned that the list would be tampered with to accommodate the interests of all the key stakeholders to ensure continued party unity and cohesion, especially as the next round of electioneering is likely to kick off in a subtle way this year.

A competent source said that it was untrue to say Vice President Osinbajo had been appointed by President Buhari to replace the SGF, David Babachir, since they were not on equal rating.

The source defended Buhari, saying that he merely asked Osinbajo to ‘take a second look at the board nominations’ to ensure that all interests were catered for and to ensure justice, equity and fairness.

The source said: “Look, what the President has simply done is to ask his Vice to see what can be done to take care of all interest and does not in any way mean replacing the SGF because the two offices are not equal.

“There is no way the President would ask a Vice President to replace someone who is not equal to him in ranking.

“The list of nominees for board appointments they are talking about is the one that was compiled before and what the VP is simply doing at this time is to ensure that everyone will be happy at the end of the day, because Mr. President wants peace and stability in the country.

“The President wants his Vice to go through the list to ensure that everyone is accommodated and it is simply based on the template that had already been set by the OSGF and nothing more.”

The development runs contrary to media report that President Buhari has replaced the SGF, Babachir with Osinbajo as Chairman of the Presidential Committee on the reconstitution of federal boards and parastatals.

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/fg-announce-board-appointments-osinbajo-vets-list/

lalasticlala
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Histrings08(m): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2017
They vetted dalung nd DEm Kemi adeosun for 6months, look at where they've led us..

4 Likes

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Thrash...
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by DecemberIV: 7:24am On Jan 04, 2017
I hope the IPADS are ready to sing their usual song (Hymn 101-"marginalization") once the list is released.

You sow 5%, you reap 5%.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 04, 2017
after two solid years, continue
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 04, 2017
I have learnt never to predict any thing on issues concerning PMB and his appointment

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Atiku2019: 7:30am On Jan 04, 2017
However, it was gathered, yesterday, that the furore generated by governors and top officials of All Progressives Congress, APC, that they were schemed out of the nominations for boards of key parastatals, forced the Presidency to recall the list for what a source described as ‘further action.’

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Daslim180(m): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2017
Useless Appointment always from the North............ After all the delays na still rubbish and inexperience people una go bring come table.
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Pavore9: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2017
Time to reward those who "laboured" for the party.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Corrinthians(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2017
So many boring news this morning making fp. angry
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2017
Government of compensation

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by brightology3: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2017
DecemberIV:
I hope the IPADS are ready to sing their usual song (Hymn 101-"marginalization"wink once the list is released.

You sow 5%, you reap 5%.
bros abeg get small sense na new year be this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2017
It seems after 50+ years we are still on about Federal Character rather than Federal Competency.. the way you see Nigeria today is a reflection of the poor competencies of our leadership over the years.. those who remember the glory days of Nigeria were only seeing the slow demise of what the British left behind.. today our children have little hope for the future.. the specks of few that have their heads screwed on straight cannot bring about the CHANGE we desperately need. rather our forefathers continue in the reigns and their wasted reasoning continue to kill unborn generations. no more tears for Nigeria.. no more fcuks to give

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by steppins: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2017
DecemberIV:
I hope the IPADS are ready to sing their usual song (Hymn 101-"marginalization"wink once the list is released.

You sow 5%, you reap 5%.
Zero sense.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by buchilino(m): 7:45am On Jan 04, 2017
DecemberIV:

You sow 5%, you reap 5%.

Y DO MANY SW PPLE ON NL TALK 2 MUCH.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by chimchim1(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Ok
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Eseharrison(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
No matter how many times the list is fine-tuned, they will still be a handful of aggrieved parties. This is just another delay to the effective functioning of the ministries involved and to Buhari's administration as a whole. Hence, once again, a slow start to the year.
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by eph12(m): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Is Osibanjo going to play a bigger role from now on? I guess they have seen that Buhari is not really fit for this. Well if PYO is going to take a center stage I think I have no reason not to be optimistic. Nothing beats having a good certificate.
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by outstanding100(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Rebsani: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2017
This country is messed
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by outstanding100(m): 7:55am On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author Edwin

No problem
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Rainmaker69(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2017
This Administration has changed the definition of slow. How have the various Agencies been efficient without constituted Boards? They need to be more decisive. This is 2017, no more sleeping on the steering.

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by barrybanbi: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2017
Na today

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 04, 2017
I'm only interested in the board appointments into the MoHealth. Make I see the Wuru Wuru wey they wan do us this time around.
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by dayo23(f): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2017
I thought dey said Osunbade is useless undecided
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by stsinner: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2017
Islie:
It was learned that the list would be tampered with to accommodate the interests of all the key stakeholders to ensure continued party unity and cohesion, especially as the next round of electioneering is likely to kick off in a subtle way this year.
chop make we chop too. Where is the change?
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by AngelicBeing: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2017
cool
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Jesusloveyou: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2017
eph12:
Is Osibanjo going to play a bigger role from now on? I guess they have seen that Buhari is not really fit for this. Well if PYO is going to take a center stage I think I have no reason not to be optimistic. Nothing beats having a good certificate.
you be optimistic means those prophet of doom will fail.
Because you all think v.p will not take the center stage.

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by APCmyheart(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2017
Oma307:
after two solid years, continue

2yrs? How did you arrive at that or are you living in Kuvuki?

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by eph12(m): 9:07am On Jan 04, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
you be optimistic means those prophet of doom will fail.
Because you all think v.p will not take the center stage.
h
There are no prophets of doom, just people predicting based on past and present happenings
Re: FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List by Enyimbamercedes: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Who cares? The masses do not stand anything to benefit from the MDAs having board members. This is an exclusive club of people who sit to award themselves contracts. Maybe i am ignorant but what purpose do the board members serve? I am not going to put the pointy finger showing the direction of my nonchalance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Meets With Kannywood Actors And Actresses / Court Of Appeal Declines Onnoghen’s Request To Stop CCT Trial / APC Youth Groups Vow To Resist Zoning Speakership To South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.