Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (10959 Views)

Atheists, You Are All Invited. / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by LiberaDeus: 8:55am On Jan 08, 2017
bennyann:
Sonofluc1fer, LiberaDeus, hopefullandlord, oga Seun please go to church today.

Ranchhoddas I sight you. Please go to church today.
wink

It's already late oh Benny. Am at home now and I can't make it.

The way you say it as if we fear church. I no fear oh. My adopted church is running a one week program sef. I might attend this week. There are so many things to gain from church beyond the stories I no longer believe in.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Bless you brother!
May your lungs be filled with seawater.
*thumps chest*

May the fish eat the scales from your eyes brother cool
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2017
SirWere:
[...] LOJ - This is, so far, the most gentlemanly moniker on Nairaland I've seen. His humility and maturity is divine. Always a pleasure to read his posts, although they seem to be coming rarer nowadays [...]

Hello dear Sirwere,

I am greatly pleased by your message. I definitely hope we shall meet some day. My intend is to visit Nigeria soon, and possibly (at least temporarily) settle there. Nairaland has given me the desire to visit the place, and possibly to adopt the country. I have reasons to believe, in a 100 years Nigeria has all to be within top 5 of the world's greatest nations.

BTW, I am not rarer on Nairaland. I just read a lot, and write only when I feel I have something meaningful to say. All the same, I am honoured by your message, and grateful.

Greetings smiley
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by sonofluc1fer: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2017
bennyann:
Sonofluc1fer,
Just got back.

Went to drop off a friend. tongue
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Just got back.

Went to drop off a friend. tongue

Oh my God! You went to church! grin

Wait ooo, you went to drop a friend? embarassed

Did you enter the church? sad
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2017
LiberaDeus:

It's already late oh Benny. Am at home now and I can't make it.

The way you say it as if we fear church. I no fear oh. My adopted church is running a one week program sef. I might attend this week. There are so many things to gain from church beyond the stories I no longer believe in.

Come-on LiberaDeus, how can you think that now? cry

Even the devil goes to church. If the devil can have the guts to go to church, is it you that will now be afraid of a church?

But what were you doing that you could no longer make it? undecided
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
SirWere:

Insult yourself to get the moniker relaxed and more willing to respond favourably.
Nice trick
smiley.

grin You may not believe me but I was being sincere to you. I thought every form of belief can be accommodated under theism and atheism. So I apologize if you think or it looked like I fooled you. Also, I really struggled understanding all you put down.

Errm; there are people who are far too "advanced" to believe in a particular religion or deity; but not willing to accept the existenalism and apparent nihilism atheism possesses as true either.
Hence, they exist in some sort of dynamic equillibrum; unable to believe that a Just God or a Grand designer would ask us to choose a religion [in the midst of a thousand equally valid ones] order to get "rewarded" nor are they willing to accept that the current diversity of fauna and flora today and this vast and mysterious thing called the universe can be traced back to purely physical processes and explained by mathematics and physics; not spirituality.

Well; these people have different explainations for whom GOD truly is; going turn to turn from a spiritual being (Sarassin; I think) to a classic non-interventionist God that set the univerise up and running and probably started life on earth but doesn't interfere with humanity fumblings (4kings).

Some claim God is You; that "the inner reality you project affect how you view the world" (LOJ) and some also believe you are God and can manipulate Cosmic energy and (i kid you not) create planets if we so wish (Billyonaire) undecided.

Oh; some also believe God is beyond the plane of mere "existence" and is locked in an infinite cycle of creation and non-creation (PastorAIO; I think).

There are, i'm sure, others out there but these are the few I can remember offhand.

One thing I've noticed is that there is a "vagueness" in the posts of these people when discussing about a supreme being. Their definitons are usually intruiging but unsatisfying; hinting at more than language can express but somewhat vague. It's almost like they expect you NOT to understandangry.

Oh; and there are those whose brand of philosophy is pantheism too SidL; platteon; I think. Weigraf, i think; lawani, and the now late David Freeman cry

Well, what I got from all you said is this:

I still believe they fall under theism because they all believe in a god, deity or divinity. It's just that some do not believe in the practical or the religious aspect of it. Some believe they themselves are gods, some also believe the universe is like a god in itself, while others believe there is a god but not in the supremity of that god.

At least it shows they believe there is a god.

And those who are not willing to accept the existence and at the same time the absence of a deity should be in between I believe. There should be a term for them.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hello bennyann. How was church?cheesy. You through @ your side eh?? Well; I'm still stuck here till 6. Sucks to be a worker sadcry
bennyann:

Well, what I got from all you said is this:

I still believe they fall under theism because they all believe in a god, deity or divinity. It's just that some do not believe in the practical or the religious aspect of it.
Belief in a God does not equate theism. Theism is the belief in a PERSONAL god. You know, a deity that hears and answers the personal prayers of his believers from finding their car keys to scaring 30 robbers with a photograph cheesy cheesy
There are atheist religions; like Buddhism and Hainism, who believe you are God and the only path to Nirvana is to discover yourself and stuff like that.

Lastly; there is FSM; the ultimately "true" religion cheesy

Some believe they themselves are gods, some also believe the universe is like a god in itself, while others believe there is a god but not in the supremity of that god.

At least it shows they believe there is a god.
Like I've said believing in a god does not equate theism. There are deists who believe Jesus existed but do not consider themselves christian; there are people who accept the notion that there is a designer but do not think he is intrested in human affairs. There are naturalists who acknowledge a supreme being but do not believe he would need sucha puny thing as praise fro mimperfect creations.. I could go on and on....

And those who are not willing to accept the existence and at the same time the absence of a deity should be in between I believe. There should be a term for them.
There IS a term for them, they are called Agnostic. ;(

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
LoJ:

Hello dear Sirwere,

I am greatly pleased by your message. I definitely hope we shall meet some day. My intend is to visit Nigeria soon, and possibly (at least temporarily) settle there. Nairaland has given me the desire to visit the place, and possibly to adopt the country. I have reasons to believe, in a 100 years Nigeria has all to be within top 5 of the world's greatest nations.

That's a tall wish sire shocked A very tall wish. With the current Nigerian instability; I give Nigeria a maximum of 36 years before it disintegrates.

[quoteBTW, I am not rarer on Nairala]nd. I just read a lot, and write only when I feel I have something meaningful to say. All the same, I am honoured by your message, and grateful.

Greetings smiley[/quote]
You could create topics and share a bit of your vast knowledge sire. I'm a Mechanist but I am intrested in spri-spri stuff more as of often cheesy

Happy first second Sunday of the weekyear
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
SirWere:
Well, this title is restricting. It only invites theists and atheists and ignore the other categories,

So I'm gonna say eff it and just dive in the people I am intrested in.......

Sarassin - The mystic. He seems schooled in "spirituality" and knows quite a bit about history. Although, I don't believe in OBE's and mantras (your brain's deceiving you folks); I find his posts quite......illuminating.

I feel privileged to have met you all. smiley smiley

You're a gentleman and a scholar....Muito Obrigado

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
SirWere:
Hello bennyann. How was church?cheesy. You through @ your side eh?? Well; I'm still stuck here till 6. Sucks to be a worker sadcry

Church was very OK, thanks smiley

Till 6? shocked it sucks? embarassed who forced you to be a worker? Hope you are not hungry sha?

I got all you said in the lecture, that theism is the belief in a PERSONAL god.

Lastly; there is FSM; the ultimately "true" religion cheesy
grin
The FSM reminds me of hopefullandlord lipsrsealed and I saw a thread where Ranchhoddas named it the Flying Spaghetti Monster

There IS a term for them, they are called Agnostic. ;(

The agnostics seem to be smarter in their stand or conclusion in the eyes of no evidence.

SirWere, thanks wink
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sarassin:

You're a gentleman and a scholar....Muito Obrigado
De nada wink smiley
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by sonofluc1fer: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
bennyann:

Oh my God! You went to church! grin

Wait ooo, you went to drop a friend? embarassed

Did you enter the church? sad
Through the gate and out. It was quick. grin
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
SirWere:

Errm; there are people who are far too "advanced" to believe in a particular religion or deity; but not willing to accept the existenalism and apparent nihilism atheism possesses as true either.
Hence, they exist in some sort of dynamic equillibrum; unable to believe that a Just God or a Grand designer would ask us to choose a religion [in the midst of a thousand equally valid ones] order to get "rewarded" nor are they willing to accept that the current diversity of fauna and flora today and this vast and mysterious thing called the universe can be traced back to purely physical processes and explained by mathematics and physics; not spirituality.

Some claim God is You; that "the inner reality you project affect how you view the world" (LOJ) and some also believe you are God and can manipulate Cosmic energy and (i kid you not) create planets if we so wish (Billyonaire) undecided.

I have been looking for a way to coherently and intelligently articulate what I feel about God for years now, without a lot of success
I am too flaky-lazy I guess lipsrsealed

Thank you for so concisely and yet eloquently penning what you did down, for that is exactly what my God belief is...I do not know what that makes me though....deist? I really dunno
I also "crazily" believe in the "God is me, and I am a creator" concepts, a la Loj and Billyonaire....
This started late in 2013 when I was introduced to the law of attraction when I read a book by an Australian ....there was a movie too....since then I have read two similar (also powerful) books by the same authur, and I say....they resonated with my soul
Learning how to meditate, the power of thanks, positivity, love for nature (have always been this way though), knowing how to ask God for things (the New Age Spirituality teachings that I buy into usually call God , the Universe...okay oo) and the Supreme Power of Love, The Golden Rule (learnt this from the Bible, obviously, but really learnt it with the series) are all after -effects of this introduction/illumination
When I pray these days, it follows meditation and consists mainly of positive affirmations, stating my desires and being thankful
Would love to be more perfect with these
I say, I have never been more content and convinced

But, I would literally suck (no crudeness meant) in any argument relating to my belief...first, I am too impulsive for argumuments, and I know many people are more logical and analytical than I am, so they would most likely win...but that is okay...I am happy and content in my belief, and that, surely is what matters, no?

@OP, most of all, ifenes (I would like to know what/how he believes)
Then if I would be allowed to meet more (on a religious basis that is)...I guess Deepsight, Loj, Sarassin (I see him in my head with a halo cheesy), plaetton, hahn (he is funny), chubhie
I am curious about these people, well plaetton is atheist, and I am not, but I see him post in many sections outside the religious one, and I like his political and social views

With a one-person-to-meet limit though? @ ifenes it is
Cheers
Happy New Year everyone

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
I think I buy into the amazing, universal truths and teachings of the New Testament(seen in the Books of John, and Matthew), New Age philosophies regaring positivity and life, Buddhism (meditation, way of life, spirituality), nature love and the philosophical Igbo tenet of live and let live....

Also I admit to a certain dislike of the whiteman for scamming us with his religion, but more than this, I feel total horror and embarrassment at the way we took to it...totally, to the point of ridiculousness and in a way that zapped up our inherent, God-given spirituality
(I want to rise above feeling this way though, it is not very loving is it?)

So I do not know what to label my belief as, whether it can be...choose to call it being spiritual smiley
I dunno shaa, even though I laikke it
Cheers
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
merahki:

I have been looking for a way to coherently and intelligently articulate what I feel about God for years now, without a lot of success
I am too flaky-lazy I guess lipsrsealed

Then if I would be allowed to meet more (on a religious basis that is)...I guess Deepsight, Loj, Sarassin (I see him in my head with a halo cheesy),
Happy New Year everyone

LOL @ halo, no such luck. Happy New Year to you too.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Vick4rill(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
To be honest, i can't relate or be comfortable been with an atheist.As someone that has personal experience and strong conviction about the existance of my God. Atheist with all due respect does not make any sense to me.I really does not see them as friends.as for otem or otemunudo, I want to meet that guy to confirm the real state of his sanity...if there is one person i really want to meet, that person is kingebukablog.. his wisdom and intelligent marvels me despite the fact that he is still a young man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Through the gate and out. It was quick. grin

embarassed
at least, it was through the gate and not the fence. cheesy

Do you know why I like you? Because I know Jesus will soon kidnap you.

To me sonofluc1fer = adopted son of Jesus Christ tongue
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Vick4rill:
To be honest, i can't relate or be comfortable been with an atheist.As someone that has personal experience and strong conviction about the existance of my God. Atheist with all due respect does not make any sense to me.I really does not see them as friends.as for otem or otemunudo, I want to meet that guy to confirm the real state of his sanity...if there is one person i really want to meet, that person is kingebukablog.. his wisdom and intelligent marvels me despite the fact that he is still a young man.

KingEbukasBlog you have lots of fans oooo cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jonbellion Well-done ok I sight you. cry
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by sonofluc1fer: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
bennyann:

Do you know why I like you? Because I know Jesus will soon kidnap you.
cry I no get money for ransom o. On a more serious note, I don't care about Jesus. Life without Jesus has been awesome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
Vick4rill:

Thank you so much Sir . I also enjoy your contributions too . I looove your signature ;you see sir , take away religious skepticism which is neither agnosticism nor atheism and watch the atheist struggle to defend his beliefs . Its fun to watch .

And Happy New Year sir

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead .

Remain blessed .
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by hahn(m): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

cry I no get money for ransom o. On a more serious note, I don't care about Jesus. Life without Jesus has been awesome.

Amen to that!
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Vick4rill(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you so much Sir . I also enjoy your contributions too . I looove your signature ;you see sir , take away religious skepticism which is neither agnosticism nor atheism and watch the atheist struggle to defend his beliefs . Its fun to watch .

And Happy New Year sir

Remain blessed .
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Vick4rill(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And Happy New Year sir

Remain blessed .
Thank you brother and may God continue to enrich you with his wisdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:

Amen to that!

You no dey carry last for that kind thing. That's the main thing that attracts you. Well-done ooo
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Well, on a more serious note my brother, Jesus cares about you and that matters a lot. It doesn't matter how deep you've gone, He loves you still. Just have all the fun now while it last.

Even king Nebuchadnezzar had so much fun than you but in the end, he acknowledged God.

You may not believe all I'm saying now and take it as nothing but just wait, watch and see before you conclude. Time is in God's hands.

I wish you well bro

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by skeendyke: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2017
People I would love to meet

BennyAnn

She is definitely the first person I would love to meet. She is a jovial, cheerful, down-to-earth, affable and humorous personality that it will give me great pleasure to meet her in person. Knowing her has helped me plant my feet firmly in the path of knowing God.

Anyaoku77

I am not certain if I got the spelling of this moniker right but I am pretty sure many should recognise it easily. He is one person whose explanations of Biblical teachings and mysteries leave me with much respect for him. His knowledge in this area is uncommon. A cursory glance at his comments will reveal that he is a man of few words and possesses a calm quality that I have come to associate with his personality. I would really like to meet him.

Jeromejnr

Another theist I have come to value his opinion on matters relating to Christianity and the interpretation of Biblical concepts. I always give my attention to his posts knowing that there are nuggets of knowledge to gather from them. Another thing I love about him is his humility. He knows much but he is always quick to accept correction. Makes him third on my list of people I would love to meet in person.

Johnydon22

The only atheist on my list of people I would love to meet in person. I love his characteristic style of expressing his beilefs. He does it in such manner that he lays out his reasons against the existence of a deity without putting you off as the bulk of atheists here are known to do. He opposes religious beliefs on equal terms with those whose views do not correlate with his while serving them pieces of his depth of knowledge to substantiate his points. Will be a pleasure to meet him despite the wide gap in our religious beliefs.

BennyAnn, I tender my unreserved apologies for appearing late at your invitation but better late than never. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
skeendyke:
People I would love to meet

BennyAnn

She is definitely the first person I would love to meet. She is a jovial, cheerful, down-to-earth, affable and humorous personality that it will give me great pleasure to meet her in person. Knowing her has helped me plant my feet firmly in the path of knowing God.

Anyaoku77

I am not certain if I got the spelling of this moniker right but I am pretty sure many should recognise it easily. He is one person whose explanations of Biblical teachings and mysteries leave me with much respect for him. His knowledge in this area is uncommon. A cursory glance at his comments will reveal that he is a man of few words and possesses a calm quality that I have come to associate with his personality. I would really like to meet him.

Jeromejnr

Another theist I have come to value his opinion on matters relating to Christianity and the interpretation of Biblical concepts. I always give my attention to his posts knowing that there are nuggets of knowledge to gather from them. Another thing I love about him is his humility. He knows much but he is always quick to accept correction. Makes him third on my list of people I would love to meet in person.

Johnydon22

The only atheist on my list of people I would love to meet in person. I love his characteristic style of expressing his beilefs. He does it in such manner that he lays out his reasons against the existence of a deity without putting you off as the bulk of atheists here are known to do. He opposes religious beliefs on equal terms with those whose views do not correlate with his while serving them pieces of his depth of knowledge to substantiate his points. Will be a pleasure to meet him despite the wide gap in our religious beliefs.

BennyAnn, I tender my unreserved apologies for appearing late at your invitation but better late than never. smiley

I wish you got the second moniker right though. embarassed
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
Skeendyke, I really appreciate you cheesy. Thanks a lot.

But you know you've been the one helping me walk closer with God. I bless God for you. smiley

Now about showing up late. Why do you always show up late? Why? embarassed
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by skeendyke: 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
bennyann:

I wish you got the second moniker right though. embarassed

I wish that, too, BennyAnn. Don't know how else to confirm it. sad
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by skeendyke: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
bennyann:
Skeendyke, I really appreciate you cheesy. Thanks a lot.

But you know you've been the one helping me walk closer with God. I bless God for you. smiley

Now about showing up late. Why do you always show up late? Why? embarassed

I believe both of us have been helping each other along the way and I'm so grateful for everything. smiley

I pray God's blessings and abundance on you.

Gosh....I really have no clue but however long it takes I shall always be there for you.... tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Pastafarians, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.