Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (10961 Views)

Atheists, You Are All Invited. / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2017
jonbellion:
lol That guy.........
He mumu like shiit
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by felixomor: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Felix, Felix.... Felix the cretin. grin

God bless u, child grin
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by blueAgent(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Oya, I'm sorry. Shey you're now angry ni? grin

Angry for what?
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by blueAgent(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
felixomor:

Exactly bro

He mentioned 2 people he knows he cannot lie or deceive with his Crap Science.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by blueAgent(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Oya, I'm sorry. Shey you're now angry ni? grin

You mentioned 2people you know you cannot lie or deceive with your Crap Science.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
blueAgent:

You mentioned 2people you know you cannot lie or deceive with your Crap Science.
cry I said it already that you're stvpid..... IRREDEEMABLY stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by blueAgent(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
joyContraMundum:
cry I said it already that you're stvpid..... IRREDEEMABLY stupid.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by sonofluc1fer: 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
Muafrika2:
Id like to meet Sonofluc1fer.

So I can look at his face if I can see if his self inflicted demons are visible by the naked eye cool

Not a joke.

# I'd carry a cross and holy water to that meeting grin
Would like to meet you too. We'll make some coffee with the Holy Water and use the cross to make a see-saw. grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:30am On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:

Bennyann

Fascinating and remarkable I find this person, even though I just got to know her(?). Extraordinary is her(?) DEEP humanity and evident aura of love. How intrigued I am by her message, devoid of vitriolic, judgemental, divisive and arrogant bathos of ignominious and grotesque irritation typical of nairaland Christians, most of whom are bungling buffoons, as well as pathetic jesters who go about boasting about their born again claptrap, and how they're God's own elects. Here we have someone following through with Christ's great commission, taking the central theme of her(?) beliefs to its logical conclusion. Isn't that healthy? I hope the sad arseholes who go about spitting their bile all over the place will learn to follow her(?) example. She(?) has high emotional quotient and it doesn't make her(?) deficient in IQ. How complete, really. This person is archetypally feminine, her(?) gender regardless. The maturity exhibited and tolerant comportment were way too appealing. I might have met a goddess in this one. APHRODITE. Bennyann, I give you 10/10. Had it not been that some degree of CRUELTY (that's some trace of mercilessness and breathtaking meanness in one's person) and radical spirit (like that of a Jacobin) are needed to keep some lunatics in check, honestly, I would've loved to be like you. Love won't save you from a Jihadist coming for your head. It won't be wise to put flowers in your hair and blow kisses as your enemies approach. Love doesn't work all the time. Love doesn't work in complex situations. Because this planet is a lunatic asylum, love is not all. You're the perfect person for a perfect world, for the ideal world. But this world - this dumping ground for the universe's nutters - is fvcked. It can't be helped, Benny.

Wow! I've really missed a lot. This is just too much for me. shocked where did you get all those vocabs from? And I'm still wondering if you're referring to me lipsrsealed

It's been a while I saw you active here, so welcome back. And thank you.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:31am On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
@Bennyann

As per describing myself, I'll send you a pm.

I only saw a nairaland default pm of yours.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Muafrika2:
Id like to meet Sonofluc1fer.

So I can look at his face if I can see if his self inflicted demons are visible by the naked eye cool

Not a joke.

# I'd carry a cross and holy water to that meeting grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:33am On Jan 22, 2017
Tonyosas101:
When I finally meet MrPresident1 one-on-one

grin grin grin grin grin
This is serious! MrPresident1 is in trouble grin
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:35am On Jan 22, 2017
jonbellion:
Pidgin2
So feisty wink

Are you sure you are not as feisty as Pidgin2? You and hopefullandlord won't leave her alone. You just can't.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:38am On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
He mumu like shiit

Please leave felixomor and blueAgent alone. Do they pinch you where it's not wanted? sad
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 5:40am On Jan 22, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Would like to meet you too. We'll make some coffee with the Holy Water and use the cross to make a see-saw. grin

grin grin
This guy no go kill me. Your matter dey God hand grin
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by felixomor: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2017
bennyann:

Please leave felixomor and blueAgent alone. Do they pinch you where it's not wanted? sad

Thank u jare. smiley
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 22, 2017
felixomor:

Thank u jare. smiley
Hahahaha... Pathetic lomo wink
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 22, 2017
bennyann:

lol... Don't mind me.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 22, 2017
bennyann:

I only saw a nairaland default pm of yours.
Check now. I've sent you a pm.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by felixomor: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Hahahaha... Pathetic lomo wink

Shiooooor lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Check now. I've sent you a pm.

Let me go check it out. smiley
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
I'm exceedingly flattered, Mr joyContraMundum(I would like to know the story behind this monicker). Thank you.

As it is now, I've consistently failed to keep up with what I presume earned me this assortment of praise in recent times. perhaps this will be a sort of spur that can force me to resume my efforts?

I hope so.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by peacesamuel94(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Mr Winner.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you a lady ?

My dear brother. I've decided to answer you first before any other. smiley

So I want to officially declare that I'm officially a lady grin

That's funny right? OK, I'm a lady

Thank you
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2017
peacesamuel94:
Mr Winner.

Please mention the moniker well now... embarassed
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by peacesamuel94(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2017
bennyann:

Please mention the moniker well now... embarassed

oh sori, I meant Winners01
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 29, 2017
Teempakguy:
I'm exceedingly flattered, Mr joyContraMundum(I would like to know the story behind this monicker). Thank you.

As it is now, I've consistently failed to keep up with what I presume earned me this assortment of praise in recent times. perhaps this will be a sort of spur that can force me to resume my efforts?

I hope so.
lol..... I'm not a "Mr" bro. We're coevals.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been banned for a while now on my original moniker, and it's supposed to expire tomorrow, so I haven't been on it. I just saw this.

Someone already asked me this before (I can't believe it was bennyann. It didn't occur to me at all. Have I gone senile? cheesy)

Here was my reply:

Contra mundum is Latin for "against the world". It denotes defiance of general opinion; persevering in the teeth of universal criticism, discouragement and hostility; standing against everything and everyone (that's on the wrong). It's associated with absolute but proud isolation, and often goes with fierce, unbreakable spirit, determination and principle. The term is often applied to mavericks, outsiders, renegades, heretics, freethinkers, blashphemers, apostates, radicals, dreamers, rebels, revolutionaries, all those who refuse to compromise, all those who refuse to accept the status quo. It means to defy everyone, to stand against everyone no matter what, to be resolute in the face of universal opposition and condemnation.

I'm contra mundum in the sense of standing against mainstream religion, mainstream science (scientific materialism!) and mainstream politics alike, and supporting the cause of reason and logic over faith, mysticism, relativism, empiricism, subjectivism and solipsism. I think this world is a madhouse, a cosmic prison planet and that everything about it needs to change, that all values must be revalued (as Nietzsche had realised), and all idols - especially those of religion, materialist science and politics - toppled. Humanity has always listened to false prophets and knelt to false gods. It's about time we entered the Age of Truth... which is simply the Age of Reason. Reason, and reason alone, takes us to the Truth.

How do you stop the world from being run by fools? How do you make the majority realise they are fools ('Cause they certainly are!)? How can you change the world for the better if you can never " get rid " (that's to prevent KingEbukasBlog from coming here to take that literally and accuse me of genocidal tendencies of the Stalinist magnitude. ) of the fools who are the cause of the world changing for the worse? All contra mundum individuals are faced with the most intractable of problems. How can the Truth succeed in a world where the Lie is all-conquering?

Once you become contra mundum, you had better be strong because you will have far more enemies than friends. It's always lonely to be on the side of the Truth. Nothing is more popular and seductive than the Lie. The truth is pure reason, but the human race despises pure reason, and has no relationship with it. Humans relate to their feelings, faith, mystical intuitions, senses, subjective experiences and personal opinions. Reason doesn't get a look in. It's regarded as unreal, abstract and inhuman.

In Henrik Ibsen's play An Enemy of the People, Dr Stockmann said:

"The majority is never right. Never, I tell you! That's one of these lies in society that no free and intelligent man can help rebelling against. Who are the people that make up the biggest proportion of the population - the intelligent ones or the fools? I think we can agree it's the fools, no matter where you go in this world, it's the fools that form the overwhelming majority"

"I'm plotting revolution against this lie that that the majority has a monopoly on the truth. What are these truths that always bring the majority rallying round? Truths so elderly they are practically senile. And when a truth is as old as that, gentlemen, you can hardly tell it from a lie."

Dr Stockmann is called an anti-hero, yet he's a true hero. The people are nothing without the Dr Stockmanns of the world (many of whom made human history - world historic figures of the utmost significance), without those who provide a moral compass, without those who fight for the Truth, despite the intense opposition they face from all those with a vested interest in the Lie.

Pertaining to your inability to keep up, I believe with time, you'll make up for your inadequacy, 'cause I have a strong feeling that the spirit is in you. The fire burns in your veins.

All the best, Favour.
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
Phaeze:
lol..... I'm not a "Mr" bro. We're coevals.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been banned for a while now on my original moniker, and it's supposed to expire tomorrow, so I haven't been on it. I just saw this.

Someone already asked me this before (I can't believe it was bennyann. It didn't occur to me at all. Have I gone senile? cheesy)

Here was my reply:

Contra mundum is Latin for "against the world". It denotes defiance of general opinion; persevering in the teeth of universal criticism, discouragement and hostility; standing against everything and everyone (that's on the wrong). It's associated with absolute but proud isolation, and often goes with fierce, unbreakable spirit, determination and principle. The term is often applied to mavericks, outsiders, renegades, heretics, freethinkers, blashphemers, apostates, radicals, dreamers, rebels, revolutionaries, all those who refuse to compromise, all those who refuse to accept the status quo. It means to defy everyone, to stand against everyone no matter what, to be resolute in the face of universal opposition and condemnation.

I'm contra mundum in the sense of standing against mainstream religion, mainstream science (scientific materialism!) and mainstream politics alike, and supporting the cause of reason and logic over faith, mysticism, relativism, empiricism, subjectivism and solipsism. I think this world is a madhouse, a cosmic prison planet and that everything about it needs to change, that all values must be revalued (as Nietzsche had realised), and all idols - especially those of religion, materialist science and politics - toppled. Humanity has always listened to false prophets and knelt to false gods. It's about time we entered the Age of Truth... which is simply the Age of Reason. Reason, and reason alone, takes us to the Truth.

How do you stop the world from being run by fools? How do you make the majority realise they are fools ('Cause they certainly are!)? How can you change the world for the better if you can never " get rid " (that's to prevent KingEbukasBlog from coming here to take that literally and accuse me of genocidal tendencies of the Stalinist magnitude. ) of the fools who are the cause of the world changing for the worse? All contra mundum individuals are faced with the most intractable of problems. How can the Truth succeed in a world where the Lie is all-conquering?

Once you become contra mundum, you had better be strong because you will have far more enemies than friends. It's always lonely to be on the side of the Truth. Nothing is more popular and seductive than the Lie. The truth is pure reason, but the human race despises pure reason, and has no relationship with it. Humans relate to their feelings, faith, mystical intuitions, senses, subjective experiences and personal opinions. Reason doesn't get a look in. It's regarded as unreal, abstract and inhuman.

In Henrik Ibsen's play An Enemy of the People, Dr Stockmann said:

"The majority is never right. Never, I tell you! That's one of these lies in society that no free and intelligent man can help rebelling against. Who are the people that make up the biggest proportion of the population - the intelligent ones or the fools? I think we can agree it's the fools, no matter where you go in this world, it's the fools that form the overwhelming majority"

"I'm plotting revolution against this lie that that the majority has a monopoly on the truth. What are these truths that always bring the majority rallying round? Truths so elderly they are practically senile. And when a truth is as old as that, gentlemen, you can hardly tell it from a lie."

Dr Stockmann is called an anti-hero, yet he's a true hero. The people are nothing without the Dr Stockmanns of the world (many of whom made human history - world historic figures of the utmost significance), without those who provide a moral compass, without those who fight for the Truth, despite the intense opposition they face from all those with a vested interest in the Lie.

Pertaining to your inability to keep up, I believe with time, you'll make up for your inadequacy, 'cause I have a strong feeling that the spirit is in you. The fire burns in your veins.

All the best, Favour.

You know I'm nothing where you are now angry

But come ooo. Did you go to church?

And who is a fool to you? If fools are the majority, what makes you think you're not one of them?

Reason and truth, do they go hand in hand? The fact that you can reason and you use your reason, does that mean you are in the truth?

What's reason? What's truth?

Can I then conclude joyContraMundum means joy against the world, against majority, whether they stand for the truth or not. As long as majority stand for something, you just oppose them. Am I right?
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
bennyann:

You know I'm nothing where you are now angry
lol....I never said that.

But come ooo. Did you go to church?
Errrrr....... I can barely recall when last I went.

And who is a fool to you? If fools are the majority, what makes you think you're not one of them?
lol.... This one is strong grin Rarely will you find anyone admit being a fool. Those who point accusing fingers never go further to criminate themselves alongside others.

Many workers complain about how annoying their managers are, but scarcely will you find anyone confess thus: "I'm one of those frustrating managers people do tell you about". They GENUINELY THINK they're NOT annoying, and why should they accept the "myth" you go around peddling about them, the propaganda you circulate, YOUR assessment of them? They almost certainly never will.

Well then, I don't THINK I'm a fool. But, am I one? Who knows? Why don't we try to find that out? grin But, surely, there ARE many.

Reason and truth, do they go hand in hand? The fact that you can reason and you use your reason, does that mean you are in the truth?

What's reason? What's truth?

Can I then conclude joyContraMundum means joy against the world, against majority, whether they stand for the truth or not. As long as majority stand for something, you just oppose them. Am I right?
To answer this would be ridiculously assertive, arrogant and..... well, EXTREME. I'll rather agree with you than indulge in the very bad habits I'm now in the business of avoiding. Yes, you're right. grin
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
Phaeze:
lol....I never said that.

Errrrr....... I can barely recall when last I went.

lol.... This one is strong grin Rarely will you find anyone admit being a fool. Those who point accusing fingers never go further to criminate themselves alongside others.

Many workers complain about how annoying their managers are, but scarcely will you find anyone confess thus: "I'm one of those frustrating managers people do tell you about". They GENUINELY THINK they're NOT annoying, and why should they accept the "myth" you go around peddling about them, the propaganda you circulate, YOUR assessment of them? They almost certainly never will.

Well then, I don't THINK I'm a fool. But, am I one? Who knows? Why don't we try to find that out? grin But, surely, there ARE many.

To answer this would be ridiculously assertive, arrogant and..... well, EXTREME. I'll rather agree with you than indulge in the very bad habits I'm now in the business of avoiding. Yes, you're right. grin

Heiii my JOYE. You answered wisely to save both of us the trouble cheesy I get it wink

Take care ooo
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by bennyann: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
peacesamuel94:

oh sori, I meant Winners01

Ok, good one. cheesy
Re: Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
bennyann:

Heiii my JOYE. You answered wisely to save both of us the trouble cheesy I get it wink

Take care ooo
Thank you, auntie Benny. Have a wonderful day ahead. smiley wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastafarians, Let's Meet Here / Catholic Bishops Express Delight At The First Chapel In Enugu Govt House / Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.