Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (30777 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Things To Consider Before Dating A Co-worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by hizaya61(m): 10:30am On Jan 04, 2017
Dear friends, my eyes has seen many rubbish working with Indians, they maltreat we blacks as if the country belong to them. yesterday they sacked a co-worker for not coming to work on "January 2nd" public holiday, which was posted by the hr manager on the notice board. after he reported the issue to the hr manager that the head of the department "Nigerian" said they have sack him, the hr manager said there's nothing he can do. the so called "union" and the black management staff cant even say anything because the level of high service is 1000% they are always afraid of confronting this Indians, then i use to hear of people talking about modern slavery now i also have experienced it. one day very soon they will started putting chains in our hands and legs. i guess the hr manager is suppose to handle issues like this or am i wrong ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by SexyNairalander: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2017
when they know that they are untouchable

Nigeria need to start taking the law seriously

am out
undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by ojun50(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2017
Na wa different whala evry were
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Benjom(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2017
The information you provided here is vague. You'll do well to mention the name and location of the company in question at least.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by hizaya61(m): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Benjom:
The information you provided here is vague. You'll do well to mention the name and location of the company involved at least.

i cant.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by redcliff: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2017
We are the ones who gave them the upper hand. They oppress us in their land and they oppress us in our land. What are we good for nigerians?!!!

10 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by joe4real12: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
We Nigerians do the same to one another.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Oluwasegun21: 10:55am On Jan 04, 2017
Pls was it stated in his employment contract dat he was to work on public holidays? If nt, if he wants to take d case up,he can contact me. Dats unlawful termination of employment contract. He would get conpensated by d firm if he takes d case to NIC. employees need to know their rights.

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by hizaya61(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2017
Oluwasegun21:
Pls was it stated in his employment contract dat he was to work on public holidays? If nt, if he wants to take d case up,he can contact me. Dats unlawful termination of employment contract. He would get conpensated by d firm if he takes d case to NIC. employees need to know their rights.

He's a contract staff and No employment letter for contract staff. But no work on public holidays.

5 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Sanchez01: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2017
hizaya61:

He's a contract staff and No employment letter for contract staff. But no work on public holidays.
Most coys give out employment letters to their contract staff and they are often strict and rigid with the conditions. Unfortunately, your colleague can't do much as he has no evidence of being employed by the company in question, let alone cheated.

47 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Oluwasegun21: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2017
Ignorance is killing us in this part of d world. How do u work without an employment contract? No mata d form of employment,it is compulsory by law dat at max 3 months of employment,an employee should be given an employment letter. A contract is wat binds the employment lawfully which can be taken to the court when there is a breach of contract. How then do u negotiate employment contract if it is nt put to paper in ur firm?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by walexsho(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2017
I pity those that says trashes , they say no Place like home yet we are slaves in our own country. Is it not better to be slave in a foreign land where you are well paid for it.

2 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Oluwasegun21: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2017
Sanchez01:

Most coys give out employment letters to their contract staff and they are often strict and rigid with the conditions. Unfortunately, your colleague can't do much as he has no evidence of being employed by the company in question, let alone cheated.
I agree wit u.oral form of employment was done but come to think of it,who does dat in d century? Dat firm should be shut down

1 Like

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by MrRichy(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2017
OP... your friend could actually sue the firm if he wants to.

meanwhile how much is your salary ?? grin Jk
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Oluwasegun21: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2017
MrRichy:
OP... your friend could actually sue the firm if he wants to.

meanwhile how much is your salary ?? grin Jk
Sue? Stop joking.What proff does he have dat he works for the firm? Dnt u get it, he doesnt have an employment contract.
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by MrRichy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oluwasegun21:

Sue? Stop joking.What proff does he have dat he works for the firm? Dnt u get it, he doesnt have an employment contract.

too bad
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Sanchez01: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oluwasegun21:

I agree wit u.oral form of employment was done but come to think of it,who does dat in d century? Dat firm should be shut down
That's one mistake some job seekers make. They revel and delight at their new job that they forget certain documentations between them and the company they're employed to serve. I might love the company I work with, but I'd never rule the possibility of a legal path in the nearest future. One should always go the extra mile to request for this. If the company refuses in the end, that should serve as a pointer before anything else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by martinz1: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Inform nigerian labour congress
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by hizaya61(m): 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
martinz1:
Inform nigerian labour congress

how ?
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by jashar(f): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
hmmm......, be like say dem don mean the guy prior to this....
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by holluphemydavid(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
Benjom:
The information you provided here is vague. You'll do well to mention the name and location of the company in question at least.
u want the op to also be sacked,dnt u lnw dey can trace him tru dat

1 Like

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by onward4life(m): 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
hizaya61:
Dear friends, my eyes has seen many rubbish working with Indians, they maltreat we blacks as if the country belong to them. yesterday they sacked a co-worker for not coming to work on "January 2nd" public holiday, which was posted by the hr manager on the notice board. after he reported the issue to the hr manager that the head of the department "Nigerian" said they have sack him, the hr manager said there's nothing he can do. the so called "union" and the black management staff cant even say anything because the level of high service is 1000% they are always afraid of confronting this Indians, then i use to hear of people talking about modern slavery now i also have experienced it. one day very soon they will started putting chains in our hands and legs. i guess the hr manager is suppose to handle issues like this or am i wrong ?

Cc :Lalasticlala

Tosyne2much
naijaboiy
smellymouth

Hahahahahaha
Lemme drop a Verse
real quick like I dey Vex

Imagine these Indian nonsense happening in Wole soyinkas country and all he said to indigenes is I share same space with imbeciles including rubbish Pirates cult of yours abi.
They are only doing yu a favour bro always remember that. They gave you job irrespective of your tribal region and religion abi.

Most of the online proud tribal members are simply waiting for their parents inheritance share non is really as successful as they posted on Instagram . No love for even the so call tribe they defend with slight family and ancestral problem occasionally.

Naija were we kill ladies and put in sewers. Tribalism on nairaland Moderators like to enjoy and push there bigotry to front pages for the young and the World to see hw black our anus really tinkles now that sucks

Cult fight every where beheading their way to favourable election results. Fulani going on rampages killing babes and children for cattles to reap from the National anthem I thought was for our generations even yet unborn.

The president in only employing an trusting his likes. 270million to clear IDP camps. If yu had spread ordinary 2million they wud scrape the ground till they meet devil in his palour.

Leave them if they sack yu now and yu happen to be from a particular tribe or religion you are toast. Open your mouth they call yu a wailer they Never believe Bob Marley Wailed is gut guts for us to jolly reggae music. I thank my God non of you where born in the days of Nelson mandela and Martin Lurther king because soon non of you would believed they ever existed like Jesus Christ and Dec 25th. Dame you atheist. I see your posts these days making fron pages.

And you expect Indians to like your bulk bottom abi.
Tribal addicts have y all ever ask what hardships the physically challenged in your various tribes are really facing. Or your tribe is so blessed that no handicap in your entire group photo.
Blacks on white skins is thieving
**drops mc**

#proudlyOldBendelBoys.
#naturallyfinest
#freedomWriters

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by figoperch: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
hizaya61:

i cant.

So what do you want nairalanders to do? For all I care, you have just fabricated a story.

5 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by dhantey324(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
Write a petition to Immigration and Nlc... Hope they pay u guys extra for working on public holidays?

1 Like

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Well if our very own Nigerian employers treat is bad what more of a foreigner. The thing is this country needs to develop a backbone in everything.
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
dhantey324:
Write a petition to Immigration and Nlc... Hope they pay u guys extra for working on public holidays?

Waste of time and paper. Tell your friend to post the sack letter and any other evidence all over social media make sure Nairaland and Linda Ikeji carry the news trust me you won't need to write NLC go carry the matter if you write all they can do is bribe those people.

Lastly no matter the type of job you are doing alaeys have evidence you are staff even an ID

6 Likes

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by ZACHIE: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
hizaya61:

the black management staff cant even say anything because the level of high service is 1000% they are always afraid of confronting this Indians,

When will this HIGH SERVICE stop sef?
It is a bad thing
What service can you give when you are high on gbana?
Ban high service please..

1 Like

Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by bularuz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
joe4real12:
We Nigerians do the same to one another.

Spot on, you are quite right
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by hizaya61(m): 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
figoperch:

So what do you want nairalanders to do? For all I care, you have just fabricated a story.

most of my co-worker are on nairaland following this thread, gat to protect myself, bro
Re: A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. by dhantey324(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Justnora:

Waste of time and paper. Tell your friend to post the sack letter and any other evidence all over social media make sure Nairaland and Linda Ikeji carry the news trust me you won't need to write NLC go carry the matter if you write all they can do is bribe those people.

Lastly no matter the type of job you are doing alaeys have evidence you are staff even an ID

I hope d dude is taking note

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice / 10 Reasons Why Some People Will Never Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.