Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (33456 Views)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:

How did you know I tagged you in that post? angry
Thanks much, I knew you would clarify.
I always thought such 'grace' is attributed to goodwill (being an intangible asset) _I stand to be corrected. That's why I felt it's an accounting term.

Yes, you are right, in accounting, it is called Goodwill. But improving sales through brand building instead of spending on advertising is a marketing strategy which I felt suited what you saying more. I never knew you knew Goodwill from anywhere before. cheesy
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by cricifixo: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2017
It's called goodwill and classified as an "intangible asset"
PaperLace:

Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2017
I prefer Toyota grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by victorazy(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Whether you use a Mercedes or not , you can’t help but give kudos to this awesome automobile company .What you should also know is there are some very interesting facts about Mercedes.

1. Mercedes-Benz produced both a hybrid vehicle and an electric vehicle in 1906!
2. Each Mercedes 500E was hand-built by Porsche and took a full 18 days to make.
3. Anti-Lock Brakes were first used in Mercedes-Benz cars in 1978. They have been standard equipment on all Mercedes-Benz cars since model year 1989.
4. In 1936, Mercedes-Benz made the first diesel-engined production passenger car – the 260D
5. In 1886, Karl Benz was awarded a German patent for the invention of “the first automobile” known as the Motorwagen. Karl’s quest was actually financed by his wife, Bertha, but because she was a married woman, she was not allowed to apply for the patent.
6. Every Mercedes-Benz model carries disc brakes at all four wheels as standard equipment. Front and rear brake systems on all cars are separately activated; if one system somehow failed, the second would take over to stop you.
7. The steering system of your Mercedes-Benz carries its own- tiny built-in shock absorber, to cushion road shocks and damp them out before they can affect your hands on the steering wheel.
8. Prior to painting, every Mercedes ­Benz body is drowned in a 52-ton primer bath. This rich anti-corrosion coating seeps into every nook and cranny.
9. When the primer has been baked on, 25 pounds of permanent plasticized undercoating are sprayed on to the underside and wheel wells of every Mercedes-Benz. Another safeguard against rust.
10. The seats in the Mercedes-Benz cars were designed and shaped in consultation .w
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

11. All mercedes-Benz cars has back aisle.
12. Did you know that some Mercedes-Benz cars uses more than one plug each piston or cylinder?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Obiohai: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks for the knowledge but ....

In the end how much were you all paid for the advert... grin grin grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Obiohai: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2017
victorazy:

12. Did you know that Mercedes-Benz cars uses more than one plug each piston or cylinder?

ITS NOT TRUE
I used a Mercedes-Benz c-class, it was a 4 cylinder engine and uses only 4 plugs.
Or were the other plugs in the room ...oops! I mean the other engine?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by buchilino(m): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2017
chiraqDemon:
Benz, raris,lambos,gattis,fords,rolls,rovers, Ma no lie cars plenty Afterall if i borrow one rari bring am here u go abandon ur benz grin cheesy My best is ford tho....just have to love it especially their trucks grin cheesy
IF IT'S NOT BENZ, IT CAN NEVA BE LIKE BENZ
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by mcyemite(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:

Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin
GOODWILL.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by vboss(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2017
Best cars with total steering control.. angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by mediocre(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2017
"I just handed her the keys to a new Jags drive, when she took it i took it back you should have asked for a Benz , that's mediocre "

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Amono: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Me and Mecedes till tomorrow. Av driven eighteen different Mecedes cars. I love Benz.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by victorazy(m): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Obiohai:

ITS NOT TRUE
I used a Mercedes-Benz c-class, it was a 4 cylinder engine and uses only 4 plugs.

I didn't say all but some. Check the new models bebz cars, some even use 3plugs, ask mechanic around you now.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:
And people wonder why I love Mercedes-Benz. What's NOT to love?!?!

They are the pioneers of most features that other automobiles are now adopting: self-closing doors (doors shut if they aren't closed properly), heated massaging seats, wipers are activated automatically once there's any sign of rain, etc. (I stand to be corrected).

Every single 3 M-100 6.9 and 6.3V8 Mercedes engine was hand-built and tested on an engine dyno for just over four hours, 40 minutes of which were at full throttle.

The W140 S Class featured double glazed windows and a heater that could deliver hot air, even when the engine was off!

Mercedes-Benz manufactured car won't ever rattle nor squeak regardless of age. The reason being Mercedes cars are welded in 10000 places which don't allow any space for the loosening of bolts and nuts.

Their engines are also something to marvel at. Their engines include overhead camshafts that deliver smooth, silent, safe driving even at high speeds. The engines are put through rigorous testing by the engineers and they are hand signed by them before put into an automobile to guarantee the quality of the engine. Even their steering system includes a built-in shock absorber to provide the passengers with a far more comfortable ride.

The coat of paint on a Mercedes car is smooth and glossy as a result of amount of effort placed into it. There are actually four coats of paint sprayed on the car before being hand polished. The last coat of paint is salt resistant and is also done manually for that smooth, glossy touch you see on all Mercedes-Benz cars. Even the tires used are of superior quality and it is capable of carrying an entire load of passengers smoothly even during high speeds.

All Mercedes models include fully synchronized manual and automatic transmissions as standard features. Higher series models however only incorporate automatic transmission.

How many cars have these features?

Das Beste Oder Nichts!!!!
Madam Mercedes I salute your wealth of knowledge. Indeed, you are informed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2017
All of you shouting "there are only two cars in the world Benz and others" are just making me laugh, no doubt Benz is a great brand, but its the BMW that uses that sentence in its adverts, respect that.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by johnaruson(m): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2017
When quality and safty is a priority, consider mecedes benze!

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by johnaruson(m): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2017
When quality and safty is a priority, consider mercedes benze!

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by visaclick: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2017
sometimes I wonder why cars like Toyota are still in business, they are more like toys carry humans around

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin
ma'am are u married? If no make I marry u cos we think alike. I drive a w140 and own two as a matter of fact. Both are awesome and I can't imagine living without them. I bought the 2009 S63 AMG in 2015 and it's awesome but I just can't stop loving my W140 aka BEAST, cos when u are in it, u feel safe and other cars feels like ur children.

Never knew Ladies love the BEAST little wonder all the women in my neighbourhood won't stop staring anytime I drive past them. I just feel like their daddy...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
ma'am are u married? If no make I marry u cos we think alike. I drive a w140 and own two as a matter of fact. Both are awesome and I can't imagine living without them. I bought the 2009 S63 AMG in 2015 and it's awesome but I just can't stop loving my W140 aka BEAST, cos when u are in it, u feel safe and other cars feels like ur children.

Never knew Ladies love the BEAST little wonder all the women in my neighbourhood won't stop staring anytime I drive past them. I just feel like their daddy...

No sir, I'm not married. smiley

The W140 is my favourite Benz. The first time I read about it was in 1997, after Princess Diana's death (that was the car she had the accident in). I have so many videos of the W140. It's such a safe car. And the features... DAMN!

Is yours a V8 or a V12?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Madam Mercedes I salute your wealth of knowledge. Indeed, you are informed

Thanks, Chief smiley
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by BLACKPANTHER(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:
Everybody is got an amazing fact wink, not hating but BENZ is nothing but Old Glory cool

Quote me wrongly angry and i Crush you with my VW PHAETON VV12 grin

Same here: I still remain loyal to Audi W engine things.,.i like that
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

No sir, I'm not married. smiley

The W140 is my favourite Benz. The first time I read about it was in 1997, after Princess Diana's death (that was the car she had the accident in). I have so many videos of the W140. It's such a safe car. And the features... DAMN!

Is yours a V8 or a V12?
one is S320 I6, and the other is S500 V8. I had always loved the Beast right from my secondary school days in '93 when my intro tech teacher talked about it in one of our classes then. He was describing the car as though it was his life. I fell in love instantly, and swore I must get the car and I did.

The last time I drove a toyota 'camry and corolla' (my apologies to any one who drives one) the car was just vibrating like a tomato grinding machine. NOTE: the cars were all new, just that the dampers were not like that of a benz.
I stopped driving after just a minute and asked the owner if the car had problem since the drive was not smooth and he said no, that the car is very smooth. I just shook my head and laughed and told him that if he ever drives a benz he will throw all this cars away.

W140 drives smooth as a plane even at 160km/hr

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Thanks, Chief smiley
But your monicker dey scare me o
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 8:54am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

They are the pioneers of most features that other automobiles are now adopting: self-closing doors (doors shut if they aren't closed properly), heated massaging seats, wipers are activated automatically once there's any sign of rain, etc. (I stand to be corrected).

Every single 3 M-100 6.9 and 6.3V8 Mercedes engine was hand-built and tested on an engine dyno for just over four hours, 40 minutes of which were at full throttle.

The W140 S Class featured double glazed windows and a heater that could deliver hot air, even when the engine was off!

Mercedes-Benz manufactured car won't ever rattle nor squeak regardless of age. The reason being Mercedes cars are welded in 10000 places which don't allow any space for the loosening of bolts and nuts.

Their engines are also something to marvel at. Their engines include overhead camshafts that deliver smooth, silent, safe driving even at high speeds. The engines are put through rigorous testing by the engineers and they are hand signed by them before put into an automobile to guarantee the quality of the engine. Even their steering system includes a built-in shock absorber to provide the passengers with a far more comfortable ride.

The coat of paint on a Mercedes car is smooth and glossy as a result of amount of effort placed into it. There are actually four coats of paint sprayed on the car before being hand polished. The last coat of paint is salt resistant and is also done manually for that smooth, glossy touch you see on all Mercedes-Benz cars. Even the tires used are of superior quality and it is capable of carrying an entire load of passengers smoothly even during high speeds.

All Mercedes models include fully synchronized manual and automatic transmissions as standard features. Higher series models however only incorporate automatic transmission.

THE BEST OR NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by allcomage: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin

MB will always be my favourite and only no.1. I have just picked up my 3rd MB c350 7speed. It's like a dream.I can't praise MB enough.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by UltraLeslie: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Why the older model? Doesn't deliver most Mercedes trademark of today which is a striking balance of speed, comfort and agility
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2017
Obiohai:

ITS NOT TRUE
Not all Benz, but some M benz like ML uses 2 plugs per cylinder.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by UltraLeslie: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:
Everybody is got an amazing fact wink, not hating but BENZ is nothing but Old Glory cool

Quote me wrongly angry and i Crush you with my VW PHAETON VV12 grin
Delusions.

Volks has got speed and agility alright like BMW.

However it's lacking behind in technology, comfort, ride quality, safety features and prestige.

The Mercedes S class is the world's standard for luxury and comfort.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by UltraLeslie: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
Not all Benz, but some M benz like ML uses 2 plugs per cylinder.

That's in the early 2000's. It has been discontinued long ago.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by scarr: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2017
UltraLeslie:

That's in the early 2000's. It has been discontinued long ago.
don't know about that though. Was only trying to correct someone who said there never was
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Coefficient(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2017
When you own and drive a Benz; now, that's living healthy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? / Price Of A Toyota Rav 4 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.