Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:56 PM

Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (4922 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 15% (9 votes)
No: 84% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by EdetOkon: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
Would you change your religion to make your spouse happy even if you are emotionally attached to your present religion.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by muhsin(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
NO. grin
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by taosola(m): 11:16am On Nov 24, 2009
Yes it is ideal if a woman change her religion for the sake of her loved hubs especially in our nation of prevailed patriarch.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2009
Well, it is sure thing for the woman to do! Not the man! I am the man so this is not applicable to me. A woman has to change her surname and religion not just to make d husband happy but to fulfill part of the marriage expectations on her part. Though I have seen some cases where guys just out of love or is it to mere making the wife happy change religion. Well everyone has one single target in a marriage and some guys think that if religion will pose a problem to deny from getting at that target, then religion? relax it!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Tudor6(f): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2009
I'm pretty flexible. . . I'd do anything from worshipping dead white jewish carpenters to illiterate arab paedophile prophets. . . All for L.O.V.E.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Seun(m): 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
Well, it is sure thing for the woman to do! Not the man!
In this day and age? Why?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
@SEUN
My bros, 21st Century ideas hasnt changed that yet, especially here in Africa!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Olami90: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
Error!!as 4 me,i cant.LOVE isn't blind but dos dt are in luv are d one dt are blind to d xtent of even drawin dem to false sense of security.Meanwhile it is nt right 4 men to avoid bin taken 4 grantd&we shldn't 4get dt luv is unconditional.4 xample if one marry because of his/her partners physique&d person tend 2 av serious sickness,definately d d physique wil b paralysd leadin to reductn in love.Though it is a matter of choice bt dnt b fooled.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
@OLAMI90,
Error? You mean it is an error you posted 4 times?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by theviper1: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
it is a matter of how far u can go to please ur spouse.some men do cook and wash for their husbands (sorry,i mean wives),so wetin be religion. bt i believe that civilzation and the internet hasnt touched that side of moi.
@Tudor,hmmmmmmmmm,beware of suicide bombers with a post like that. tongue lipsrsealed grin
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Pelummy(f): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
NO, I CAN'T CHANGE MY RELIGION because OF A MAN,I WOULD BETTER GO WITH A MAN DAT IS INTO MY RELIGION.WAT I AV BEEN INTO SINCE I WAS DAY OLD AND PRACTISED UP TILL NOW.
NO MAN CN CHANGE ME
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by koolchicco: 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pelummy:

NO, I CAN'T CHANGE MY RELIGION because OF A MAN,[/b]I WOULD BETTER GO WITH A MAN DAT IS INTO MY RELIGION.WAT I AV BEEN INTO SINCE I WAS DAY OLD AND PRACTISED UP TILL NOW.
[b]NO MAN CN CHANGE ME

So would u rather your Hubby change his then? undecided

P.S: Never say Never!!!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by nethacker(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pelummy:

NO, I CAN'T CHANGE MY RELIGION because OF A MAN,I WOULD BETTER GO WITH A MAN DAT IS INTO MY RELIGION.WAT I AV BEEN INTO SINCE I WAS DAY OLD AND PRACTISED UP TILL NOW.
NO MAN CN CHANGE ME
hmmmmm , pelumy can u tell me ur reason. I broke my last relationship cos of this issue , I think love should not be conditional, wat if u marry some1 of the same religion and he messes u up? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Olami90: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2009
@macfarland.that is ur problem.i cld c dt u'r afta d no times pple do post.even if it is 4 times,so ur own initiative cant tel u d content of d post.u just want pple 2 c u by promoting commotion on threads.Bleep u.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Pelummy(f): 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2009
@koolchicco,i wl continue to say no
@nethacker,messes me up,i cn never date dat kind of person,i wl watchout b4 getin married,u broke up because of religion issue dat means u don't love ur spouse,i wl advise u to date sm1 in ur category,so u wont experience breakup again
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by slimes(m): 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
True love hurts.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by nethacker(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pelummy:

@koolchicco,i wl continue to say no
@nethacker,messes me up,i cn never date dat kind of person,i wl watchout b4 getin married,u broke up because of religion issue dat means u don't love your spouse,i wl advise u to date sm1 in your category,so u wont experience breakup again
its not abt love my dear, are u telling me dat a relationship based on condition has its foundation as love ?  shocked shocked . As far as am concerned,religious bigotry will nvr be an issue to me.I will always accept my partner whether she's frm an islamic background or xtian background.wat matters most is d kind of person she is n nt religion  wink wink
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Olami90
Take it easy, I was only taking it on the lighter side dude!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by blackcat1: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
I have seen men change their religion for the woman the love in naija.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Pelummy(f): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
@nethacker,all is well
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by olalekan1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2009
it cant happen. Just 4get it!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by kolaoloye(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
Capital NO.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by vikiviko(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
there is nothing wrong about it
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by bawomolo(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
nope but i won't mind attending her religious services from time to time.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by yemmight(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
Why should a man change religion because of a woman? why? For this Africa especially nigeria it's calamity.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by obyann(f): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
Never. where do I start from cool
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by kidjoo: 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
Nope, i wont
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
Religion is not a matter of emotion. You should able to reason and choose for yourself.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by SeanT21(f): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
HELL NO!!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by tolly4real(f): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2009
i ve always said to myself i wont marry some1 outside my religion but i did. Ur mindset when it comes to love can change
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by doctorbabs(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
any lady that trly love me, will love me for whom am including my religion. i cannot change yto my wife religion no matter love i have for her. never in dis world
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy by koyuid(m): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2009
Gat to be some mean booty to make me change Gods! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists / The Four Characteristics Of Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.