Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,942 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Moving To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Canada (4283 Views)

Man Sleeping On A Moving Truck In Abuja / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Nigerian Doctors Moving To Canada - Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Canada by MillzGray: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dear Nairalanders living in Canada, this post is directed to you. But anyone having adequate information is also welcome. This will be a pretty long post, so please bear with me.

I have posted a similar topic before but I didn't get the information I required, so I'm going to do more explaining here.

My general dilemma is: In moving to Canada from Nigeria, after gaining a first degree here, what is the next step that will guarantee the quickest settling down and getting of a job?

First of, I know I have to work here for a while before going there in order to get some money. I know all about the FSW program. I know about going to school there and I know about the Au Pair or Live in caregiver program. Questions are buzzing in my head right now but I'll try and organize them:
After one graduates with a Bsc here, what's the next best thing?:

1) Further studies there? And if so, doing what? PGD, MASTERS or what? Which one will lead to a job fastest?
2) Work for a year here then apply for FSWP?? And if so, how does one easily snag a job offer in canada so as to increase the points you have?
3) Do the Au pair program?

I'm willing to start small, even as a CNA. So any and all information is welcome. Thanks to all.
Re: Moving To Canada by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Moving To Canada by japhethGold: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
I am trusting God to move to Canada and have started the process. I have taken the IELTS exams and awaiting result. Please while waiting for result what do you suggest I should be doing to enhance the process completion?

Please advise as I am new in the process. I want to move via FSW or do you advise I should also exploit the provincial nomination program? And which is faster?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: Moving To Canada by Saintp(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Konstantine99:
While you guys run to the US or Canada, I found my happiness in India. A lot of Indians run from their country also, the main destinations being the States also. They don't know the beautiful country that they live in. I can't find my place in this country, I switched through a few locations already. Everywhere I go, I see parts of the heaven. Now I'm in Goa, moved here with [url=capelogistics.incapelogistics.in]Cape Logistics[/url] (thumbs up for the guys that work there, I love you all). You know, I feel like I found my place on this Earth and accomplished one of my most important purposes.

Lol. This nairaland is too sweet. Hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Moving To Canada by boysco: 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Konstantine99:
While you guys run to the US or Canada, I found my happiness in India. A lot of Indians run from their country also, the main destinations being the States also. They don't know the beautiful country that they live in. I can't find my place in this country, I switched through a few locations already. Everywhere I go, I see parts of the heaven. Now I'm in Goa, moved here with [url=capelogistics.incapelogistics.in]Cape Logistics[/url] (thumbs up for the guys that work there, I love you all). You know, I feel like I found my place on this Earth and accomplished one of my most important purposes.
Boss can you put me through in terms of how easy to get job over there in India and amount require to travel over there .

(1) (Reply)

Valid Info On Canada Live And Work Program? / Freetown Sierra Leone / Direction From Berger To Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.