Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation (7691 Views)

I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend Has Given Me HIV / Safe Period: Safe Period After Menstruation / Drama, Debate As Zambia Gives Women A Day Off For Menstruation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Discussing female menstruation publicly is something of a Taboo in Zambia.
Lusaka, Zambia

This is no doubt why a provision in the country's labour law that allows female workers to take off one day a month is known as Mother's Day, even though it applies to all women, whether or not they have children. The legal definition is not precise - women can take the day when they want and do not have to provide any medical justification, leading some to question the provision. "I think it's a good law because women go through a lot when they are on their menses [periods]," says Ndekela Mazimba, who works in public relations. Ms Mazimba is neither married nor does she have children but she takes her Mother's Day every month because of her gruelling period pains. "You might find that on the first day of your menses, you'll have stomach cramps - really bad stomach cramps. You can take whatever painkillers but end up in bed the whole day. "And sometimes, you find that someone is irritable before her menses start, but as they progress, it gets better. So, in my case, it's just the first day to help when the symptoms are really bad." Women in Zambia do not need to make prior arrangements to be absent from work, but can simply call in on the day to say they are taking Mother's Day. www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-38490513
Do you think this kind of law should take effect in Nigeria as well? Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by Ayloaded04: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
Loads of women need it.
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2017
Biacan, what's up? Good morning
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
bayocanny:
Biacan, what's up? Good morning
So you still remember me........after all your ignores
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
biacan:

So you still remember me........after all your ignores
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
bayocanny:

No baby, why would I ignore u...I will never do that, I wasn't feeling good these days that's why you didn't hear from me. Unfortunately, you yourself don't bother to check on me angry

But I do see your comments on thread.......

sorry for not checking on you
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
biacan:

But I do see your comments on thread.......

sorry for not checking on you
Its ok, how have you been?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
bayocanny:
Its ok, how have you been?
I have been where you left me
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
biacan:

I have been where you left me
I
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
bayocanny:

I'm very sorry, kindly accept my apology I don't meant to leave you all alone, have been throwing up these days due to food poisoning couple with fever...have missed u tho.
How's work?

You said food what........ be careful cause I don't want to lose you now biko
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2017
biacan:

No worry ehn, am feeling much better now, there won't be cause for us to lose each other by the grace of God
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
biacan:

No worry ehn, am feeling much better now, there won't be a cause to lose each other by the grace of God, we will live to testify to the work of the lord in our life.
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
bayocanny:

No worry ehn, am feeling much better now, there won't be a cause to lose each other by the grace of God, we will live to testify to the work of the lord in our life.

Amen just felt some relief
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

Amen just felt some relief
Yeah, how's everything overthere, hope you're good
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 6:31am On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:
Yeah, how's everything overthere, hope you're good
Yes you ?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

Yes you ?
I'm great, still in bed..guess you're on night duty
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:
I'm great, still in bed..guess you're on night duty
Yes you know the stress.......... morning darling
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

Yes you know the stress.......... morning darling
Sorry, how was your night hope u slept good
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:
Sorry, how was your night hope u slept good
yes yours?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

yes yours?
It was splendid, how's your brother?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:

It was splendid, how's your brother?

he is fine

are you the guy in that train on facebook or he is your brother.......... honest answer please the guy with the red cardigan
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

he is fine

are you the guy in that train on facebook or he is your brother.......... honest answer please the guy with the red cardigan
I'm amazed with your question, this is the second time you will ask me and I told you that it is me in that picture, I took it when I visit him(my brother) in SA. Do you think am lying to u?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:

I'm amazed with your question, this is the second time you will ask me and I told you that it is me in that picture, I took it when I visit him(my brother) in SA. Do you think am lying to u?

I hear you
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

I hear you
Why don't u send me a friend request on facebook?
You don't want to reply me abi?
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
bayocanny:
Why don't u send me a friend request on facebook? You don't want to reply me abi?
You won't understand
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
biacan:

You won't understand
Tell me, I will understand
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 3:50am On Oct 09, 2017
bayocanny:
Tell me, I will understand
You just want to make me cry
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2017
biacan:

You just want to make me cry
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by biacan(f): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2017
bayocanny:
Don't say that, I won't make u cry I promise
I would stick to your words
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
biacan:

I would stick to your words
Yes, you've my words...I'm listening...
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by Joysmart(f): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
And just like that op you turned your thread into teenage love playground

This is why people don't achieve greatness
Re: Must Read: A Country Where Women Are Given A Day Off During Menstruation by bayocanny: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Joysmart:
And just like that op you turned your thread into teenage love playground

This is why people don't achieve greatness
Sister joy, you're so funny, have created the thread long time ago and it hasn't been move to frontpage, what does it have to do with being "great"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Are You Yet To Have Babies After Marriage ? / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.