Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

"Sweet Pain" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Sweet Pain" (16025 Views)

Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / The Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Sweet Pain" by empress101(f): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2017
kiss following
Re: "Sweet Pain" by xaviercasmir(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2017
Nice work. Keep it up
Re: "Sweet Pain" by agrovick(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2017
Darch:
The idea is to tell the story through their eyes. I'll write the story only from Max's perspective after this submission. I've already typed the last part of Jessica's story and I cannot delete it now. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks man...

I'm now feeling for J sha, funny enough that's the nick I gave my ex
Re: "Sweet Pain" by pitastephen: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2017
one word.......INTRIGUE. following...
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Dexema(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2017
This is just beautiful darch, please mention me when there is an update thanks
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 9:40am On Jan 06, 2017
REVELATION

MAX

The constant Beep of the heart monitor was all I had talking to me. She saved your life, I remembered the doctor saying. Yeah right! Now I have the lying cheat to thank for saving my life after destroying it? No, can't do. This was hard to understand, even for me who prides himself as a very intelligent fellow. I thought we were happy, heck, I thought I was doing everything right.

For someone who was experiencing his first relationship, I believed I was doing alright. I even studied some guidelines online, both on Google and on Nairaland. 10 things to do to make her happy, 100 ways to make her smile. Gosh! It's either those guidelines are greatly flawed or I didn't follow them correctly. Even though I believed she loved me, I still studied hard,like it was my final exam, to make me worthy of her love.

All the Fourier series and Laplace transforms I encountered while studying for my engineering degree didn't kill me, it's one daughter of eve that almost finished me. Like they always say on nairaland, after God, fear women. I sighed.

Good morning, Mr Max, said the nurse, as she entered my room.

Hello. Good morning. I replied.

How are u feeling today? She asked, setting down the tray she entered with on a nearby table.

I'm better, just a little sore on my chest. I replied.

That's normal, she said. I need to redress your wound. OK? She continued.

Alright. I replied.

She took some of the materials she came in with and began working on my chest. Looking up at the ceiling, I asked.

How long do I need to be here? When do you think I'll be leaving?

That's not for me to say. The doctor will give you an appropriate answer. But you need to heal first, so relax your mind and be patient. She replied.

There! All done. She said.

Thank you nurse. I replied.

She took her tray and left the room.

It was quiet all over again, except for the Beeping monitor.

Good morning to you too, I said to the monitor.

Another nurse came into the room carrying a food flask.

Good morning sir. She said. A lady brought this food for you, and this phone.

I didn't notice the phone because it was small compared to the flask. I recognized the flask. Jessica has used it in the past to pack food for me. I remembered how good her food tastes and I almost grabbed the flask.

I'll take the phone. Return the flask to her. Tell her I need nothing from her, that she should let me be. Thanks. I replied.

Hunger just dey wire me anyhow, but I still felt betrayed that I didn't want any form of interaction with her. I looked at the flask longingly as the nurse was leaving the room.

Nurse. I called.

Yes sir? She replied.

Do you have any canteen around here? I asked.

Yes. She replied.

Please get me food from there as soon as you can, OK?

That's fine. Sir. Is there anything else you need? She asked.

No. That's all. I said.

She turned and left the room. I looked at my phone. I tried to swipe the screen to unlock it but it wouldn't open. Then I pressed the power button and the red light showed. Oh,the phone was even off, I thought. while it booted, I remembered the email. I need to find out who send me that message. Probably the guy she was bleeping, I thought. Just then she barged in.

She ran to my bedside and knelt down. Her sudden entrance took me unawares. She was crying and talking too fast about forgiveness, loving me and stuffs like that. She said she wanted to be there for me. I scoffed. How can she possibly want that after almost killing me? Unless her plan was to come closer and then finish me off. I thought.

After our exchange, I told her I needed to be left alone. She said she'll come to hospital everyday, even if I wouldn't let her see me. I felt bad for her. She looked like she had aged overnight. Her eyes were swollen and the confident lady I knew was gone. She looked lost. Hey, don't fall for that. It might be another trick, I said to myself. She's proven to be a very good actress so far. Then she got up and left my room. My eyes fell on her ass as she left and something stired down there.

It's like you don't like your life? You don't want to help yourself abi? I cautioned myself.

After she left, I opened my phone. I switched on my data and opened my inbox. I scrolled my screen but didn't find the email anymore. What? She must have deleted it to cover her tracks. I thought.

Then I remembered to check the thrash folder.

Aha! There it was. It didn't occur to her to go there. I laughed.

I opened the message for the second time. I looked at the link that crashed my world and decided against opening it again. I'd seen and heard enough, I said to myself. So I decided to write a reply to the sender. The email addresses read Alice48 @ gmail. Com. Strange I thought. Which guy will have such an address? Well, probably a mess boys like that Douglas.

I got your message, a.ss.hole. You will get what's coming to you. You can count on that. I wrote and sent.

I decided to call my office. I informed my supervisor about what happened to me.

Cardiac what? He said in shock. If a young man like you is suffering such, what hope do we elderly men have? He asked

I laughed. It was just something minor sir. I'm fine. I just need some time off to heal. I replied.

Wow. Take all the time you need. I'll cover for you. I have you in my prayers. He said.

Thank you sir. Also I'll take that offer to go to Abuja. I replied

Are you sure? He asked.

Yes. I replied.

I don't want you to rush things. When you get discharged, go to Abuja and observe things for two weeks. If you think that's what you really want, then I can make the transfer possible. He said.

I didn't want to argue with him. My supervisor was like a father figure to me. Since I got employed at the company, he took a special interest in me. There was an opening at our Abuja office and he thought I should have a go at the opportunity. That was what I needed to discuss with Jessica and also to ask her to marry me. I had the ring in my trouser pocket. My clothes were neatly folded and placed on a chair close to the window. I hoped that the ring was still in the trouser pocket.

OK sir. I replied. Then I ended the call.

PING!

I looked at my phone screen and it was a message from Alice48. It read,

I expected a reply from you much earlier. I guess you opened the link and saw what was inside. No, I'm not Doug. I'm his Ex girlfriend.

What?!

To be continued...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2017
Dexema
Re: "Sweet Pain" by pitastephen: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2017
chow!!!!!......continue joorrrrrrrr..... grin
Re: "Sweet Pain" by agrovick(m): 10:27am On Jan 06, 2017
Shi.t just got real.
Fire on bro
Re: "Sweet Pain" by triplemmm3(f): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2017
Darch pls update now
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
I don't understand. Ex girlfriend? What role do you have to play in all this? I sent to her.

Shortly she replied.

I orchestrated everything. I sent you the video. She replied.

I was already in a state of confusion. Someone must be using my mind to play games, I thought.

This isn't funny. If what you said is true, that the video didn't come from Doug, then what did you hope to gain? Why did you send me the video? I asked.

This is the summary, she began. My name is Alice. I met Doug in the states. Actually we met in the University and began dating. Upon graduation we got employed in the same company. I'm an IT expert while Doug studied business administration. Our company is a pharmaceutical company. We produce drugs and market to hospitals all over the world. Doug has always been a cheat but I put up with him all these years. Our company recently finished human trials on a new drug. It's a drug that induces hypnosis. It's useful for therapists during sessions with their clients. It has the ability to make a client feel free to talk about something they'd normally not talk about. It can also be used to give suggestions to the recipient to do anything you want. I believe Doug used the drug on your girlfriend. She replied.

This was too much to process. Does it mean Jessica was raped? But the video looked so real. It looked like she was having the time of her life, I thought to myself.

But in the video I saw her enjoying the s.ex. I even heard everything she said about missing him. You want to tell me that didn't happen? I asked

Of course it happened. But those things were suggested to her by Doug with the help of the drug. I didn't show you the entire video from the moment she walked into his room. He gave her wine to drink. I believe that's the means he used to drug her. She replied.

My hand went to my head. I couldn't believe what I was reading. If this was true, then this guy played me and Jessica.

How did you get the video? I asked.

Like I said, I'm an IT expert. I hacked his laptop to monitor the events that will happen in his room. We both came to Nigeria to market our company's drug to some top hospitals. He kept talking about a particular girl he left in Nigeria before coming to America. When he said he was going to travel to another city without me, I knew something was up. I hacked his laptop so I could watch him through his Webcam. She replied.

If you knew Jessica was a victim, why did u go ahead to send me the video? You must have known you'd destroy a relationship, Didn't you? I asked.

I knew that but I was too hurt to consider her feelings or anyone's for that matter. She wasn't just a fling to him, they had history together, so I acted impulsively. I felt disrespected by them both. This is my first time of coming to Nigeria. It's my first time of coming to Africa as a whole. Only to be ditched for a roll in the sack with an old flame? I couldn't take it. I had to destroy any happiness she might have had. She replied.

This woman must be really psychotic, I thought.

Well, I'm currently in the hospital because of you. Where are you now? I asked.

Sorry about that. Lol you want to come after me? I left for the states immediately I saw them having sex. I recorded the video on my laptop and left Nigeria. I sent you the video from America. Now you have the whole story, Bye.

I stared at my screen for what seemed like eternity. Mad people everywhere, I thought. The doctor came in at that moment.

Max how are you? He asked

I'm good, doc. I replied. Please when can I go? I asked.

In a few days time. But you need to take a walk at least once a day to exercise your heart. A nurse will assist you until you can do it by yourself. He replied.

OK. I said.

A nurse came shortly after the doctor left and helped me up from the bed. We walked around the room gently and then I rested. This went on for three days. As the days passed I got more pis.sed at everything. Someone has to be answerable to what I'm going through. I craved for vengeance because that's the only way I could function sanely again.

Jessica is innocent? Not entirely true. I can't let her off the hook just like that. She hid things from me. We agreed to always be honest with each other but she broke that agreement. She went to meet a man in a hotel. A HOTEL for crying out loud. What happened to all the restaurants littered all over town? I never knew she could be that du.mb. If I was going to get my pound of flesh, I'll have to do it before Doug returns to his company in America. I needed to make him feel what I was feeling. I needed a plan and soon.

On the fourth day since my exercise began, the doctor came to see me.

I heard you are making progress, Max. He said smiling.

Yeah. It's been difficult but I'm better off now than I was three days ago. I replied.

Keep this up and you might be discharged before the end of this week. Let me look at the stitches. He said.

I opened my shirt and he examined my chest.

Hmm, it's healing very quickly. Your immune system is very strong. Tomorrow or next I'll remove the stitches. He said.

Alright, I replied.

He began walking out, then stopped and turned towards me.

Max, maybe you might reconsider letting your girlfriend see you. She comes here everyday and sits at the reception. She keeps asking every nurse she sees coming from this part of the hospital about you. Both those attending to you and those who are not. You might want to let her come here to see you even if it's once. She doesn't look well. I can only image what she's going through. She's also suffering, Max.

Thanks,doc. I said. And he left.

I hated the fact that she was in pain because of me, at least since I learnt that what happened wasn't entirely her fault. Just poor judgement on her part. But I could still see her bouncing of that guy's di.ck. Like I said before, my memory is photographic. I forget nothing. I could hear her saying she missed him. Drug induced or not, it looked real enough to me.

I decided to take my walk outside. I opened the door and stepped into the corridor gently. I was looking down as I walked and before I could see her,in order to hide myself, she saw me. I wasn't ready to face her yet. She stood up from a chair at the reception area immediately she sighted me.

Max! I heard her gasp. Her hands covered her mouth as she began crying again. She started taking steps to come to me, but I raised my hand signaling her to stop.

She stopped immediately.

We stood looking at each other. People around also stopped what they were doing and stared at us. I never liked unnecessary looks from people. So I salvaged the situation the best way I could.

Help me go outside, I said to her.

It's was like she heard the most wonderful thing. Her face brightened immediately. She ran to me and held my right hand and slowly we walked outside. When we got outside, she began.

Max baby, I'm sorry for everything I did to you. It was all my fault and I will never make any excuses. I'm deeply sorry. If you choose to forgive me and take me back, I'll make it up to you for the rest of my life. She said.

I thought we had an agreement, Jessica, to always be honest with each other? Why did you keep things from me? I asked her calmly.

It was a stupid thing to do. I felt it was unnecessary because he'd leave the country again. I know it doesn't make any sense now and I'm so sorry for what it caused you, us. I beg you to forgive me, she said in tears.

What about you trying to cover your tracks by deleting the email, eh? I asked.

No, Max. Not like that. I didn't see it that way. I only wanted you not to see that video because it will cause you hurt all over again. I didn't want you to see me that way. You don't deserve such. She said while wringing her fingers absent-mindedly. She was looking at my face, no, studying my face intently trying to guage how I felt. Trying to know what was going on in my mind.

You didn't delete it. At least not completely. I still have the email and I opened it again. I said.

Oh no, Max. She said stepping back from me. I'm so sorry. She said looking dejected.

Next time, check the thrash bin before you conclude about deleting something. I said to her.

She kept looking at me with nothing else to say.

I need to sit down, I said after some seconds of staring at each other.

My car is over there, she said pointing towards it.

She came tentatively to help me walk to her car.

I can actually walk on my own. You don't have to do that, Jessica. I said.

She immediately let go of me like I was hot coal.

I'm sorry, she said.

Go ahead and hold my hand. I don't mind. I said

She smiled a bit and held me. We walked to her car. She led me to the passenger's side to open the door for me. I decided to make a little joke.

Am I now a woman that needs the door to be opened for me? I said smiling.

She stopped and looked at me. She didn't know how to take what I said, but when she saw me smiling she realized it wasn't out of anger, so she smiled too.

Just trying to help, she replied quietly while opening the door for me. She helped me to sit down inside the car. I felt a sharp pain from my wound and I groaned.

I'm sorry, baby. Please take it easy. She said with concern in her voice.

When I was settled, she ran to the drivers door and opened it and got inside.

We sat in silence for a while with her still wringing her fingers.

It's not entirely your fault. I said breaking the silence.

Huh? She said.

You were drugged. I replied. I just kept looking straight ahead as I spoke.

I wasn't, she said. I had my mind intact. Every decision was made by me. I failed you and hurt you badly, Max. I'm so sorry. She continued.

He used a mind controlling drug on you, thereby making you think that everything you did was your choice while he was the one suggesting them to you.

This is hard to believe, she said. How do you know all this? She asked.

I took out my phone and opened my email conversations with Alice.

Read everything here, I said, handing the phone to her.

As she read, she began sobbing again.

Oh Max, oh Max. She said. I'm so sorry. If I hadn't gone to see him none of this would have happened. She said sobbing.

Tears welled up in my own eyes too. I just kept looking straight ahead,at nothing in particular.

What are you going to do, what are we going to do? Let's go to the police with this evidence. She said looking at me.

I kept quiet. I said nothing to her. She said nothing too. After a while I turned gently to her, with tears running down my cheeks. I looked at her beautiful face, with swollen eyes all red from crying and said,

Vengeance. Vengeance is what I'm going to do. No police.

And It's going to be done my own way!

To be continued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Sweet Pain" by Babysuccess02(f): 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
Enjoying Every Update Back To Back
Re: "Sweet Pain" by pitastephen: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
chai......firee on....
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Dexema(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Darch:
Dexema
Thanks darch
Re: "Sweet Pain" by harameede99(f): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Awwwn for a moment i pity j buh she dosent deserve it wah was she tinkin buh at d same tym they said to err is human to forgive is divine max culd always giv dem a second chance
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Missmossy(f): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Eyah keep it coming, enjoying every bit of this story. More wisdom and inspiration Darch.
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
This is going to be tough. Op pls is dis your life experience?
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
preciousuweh:
This is going to be tough. Op pls is dis your life experience?

Lol what do you think?
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
BEGINNING OF THE END.

Oh Max, do you think it's a good idea taking the law into your hands? She asked.

I'm left with no other choice, I replied returning my gaze to the front. Action and reaction are equal but opposite. He gave the first strike, I'll finish the fight for him. I said.

Max, I believe there is a way we can handle this without violence. She replied.

Don't you get it?! I said with my voice raised, turning to face her again. He stole everything from me! My love, my ego, even your dignity! I can't look at the woman I love without seeing her bouncing on another man. He ruined us, Jessica, he has ruined us. I said with tears in my eyes.

I'm not one of those men who derive pleasure in watching another man mess their woman. I'm a one woman kind of man. I continued.

Max, are you saying that there is still hope for us? She asked hopefully.

I don't know yet. But I can assure you that there won't be any hope for us coming back together if I don't satisfy this hunger for revenge eating away at me. I said.

I've never been a violent person, even Jessica knew that. Everyone has a degree of evil in them. Some don't get to see theirs, others do. All it takes is an experience to let it out. Mine is out and it isn't going back until appeased.

Max, I don't want you getting hurt anymore because of me, she said crying. Please let's find another way.

I've made up my mind. I either succeed at this or die trying. But I cannot go on like this. I replied.

I caused this, I caused this. She said weeping. I've turned a dove of a man into something else. She said to herself, rocking back and forth.

I need to get back inside, I said devoid of emotion. Wipe your eyes please.

She brought out a handkerchief and made her face presentable.

Let's go, she said

I opened the door and came down. Then I shut it behind me. She did the same on her side, then she locked the doors. She came over to me and held my hand,and we walked back to my room.

I sat down on my bed.

Max, thank you for letting me come close to you today. She said.

Mhm. I grunted.

Can I come see you tomorrow? Please? She asked.

That will be fine. You can even come around till I get discharged. I'll tell them to put your name back on my visitors list.

She smiled that beautiful smile of hers again.

Thank you, Max. Would you like me to bring you food while coming? She asked.

I didn't want to sound so excited, but I've missed her cooking.

No problem. I replied trying not to show how happy I felt. I love good food and Jessica is an expert in that area.

OK sweetie. She said.

Why don't you go home and get some rest. I said to her.

But I don't want to go yet, she whined. I haven't seen you in a long while and I'm not ready to let you out of my sight,ever. She said.

There is always tomorrow, J. Go on home. I said

Her ears twitched when she heard me call her by the nickname I gave her and she smiled again. Some things never change. I thought.

I love it when you call me that, She said looking into my eyes and smiling. I'll see you tomorrow. She got up and with one final look at me, she left.

I gently eased into the bed. Placing my head on the pillow I let my mind run wild. I've always been someone who thinks on his feet. That's one of the reasons why I'm an asset to my company. I wanted to do something that will hurt Doug so bad. He needed to suffer like I did, even more than I did.

The nurse brought my dinner and I ate. Then I drifted off to sleep.

The next day the doctor came and check my wound.

I think it's time to remove the stitches. He said. Your wound can heal on its own now without the help of stitches.

So he opened my shirt and removed the stitches.

Tomorrow you will be discharged. He said. You'll have to take things easy for some days, of course.

Thanks doc for all your help. I said.

Just doing my Job. I'll see you later.

With that he left.

Shortly after, Jessica arrived. She looked so beautiful. Her makeup was nicely done and she wore the gown she knows I love. Her curves were showing and I felt like grabbing her right there and then.

Good morning, handsome. She greeted.

Morning to you too. I replied.

Then she brought a flask to me.

This is your favorite, she said.

I took the flask and opened it. Immediately the aroma hit my nostrils I just couldn't pretend anymore.

Wey the spoon?! I asked hurriedly

Here. She said giving it to me.

Immediately I began devouring the food. I didn't even stop to drink water. Gosh, how I've missed her food. I thought. She sat by my side looking so pleased with her self, with a satisfied smile on her face.

When I finished the food, I took the bottled water nearby to drink.

Why are you smiling? I asked feigning a frown. I'm still very angry. Don't think you can bribe me with food. Even if it's a good one.

She laughed.

I know. And thanks for enjoying the food. She said smiling.

After drinking the water, I leaned back on the pillow and looked at her. I looked her over and she saw me looking at her because her eyes never left me.

She placed her hand on my thigh and started moving it towards my crotch.

I know you have gone without, for a while, let me relieve you, baby. Even if it's a bl.ow job. She said.

By now her hands were unbuckling my belt. I wanted so much for her to make me c.um. I was desperate for it but I just couldn't. Those images were still fresh in my head. So I held her hand to stop her.

I'm not ready yet, I said.

My di.ck was already hard and she could feel it. She felt like I didn't want her to please me anymore. She looked defeated.

It's okay if you don't want me anymore, Max. She said in resignation and removed her hands from me and placed them on her thighs.

I want you, J. In fact I need you so bad. I said to her.

Then why wouldn't you let me touch you? To make you feel good? You deserve to feel that way after everything you've been through these past few days. She asked with tears running down her face in a shaky voice.

Because I still see you two together. That's the reason why I need to do things my way in order for me to look at you without seeing him anymore. That is the only way I can heal emotionally. I replied.

If that's what it will take, Max, then I support you. Do to that bas.tard what he did to us. Just be careful, is all I ask. She said.

I just nodded.

The day I came over to your house, I began, I wanted to tell you about an opening for me at the Abuja branch of my company. I wanted to ask for your opinion. Also, I paused, I wanted to ask you to marry me. I said with a sorrowful voice,while showing her the ring I bought for her.

Max, she gasped. I'm so sorry baby. Of course I want to be your wife. I'd like that very much. She said, holding my thighs. She was now crying.

Things have changed, J. Unforseen circumstances. I can't let you accept to be my wife now. What I'm about to do will change things forever. Things have already changed between us and I have to put it right. My method will not be ideal and I don't know how it will play out. It might cost me my life or it might work. Either way, I have to do what I have to do because I can't live like this, with this event ever present between us. I need to kill it and bury it.

Baby, you are scaring me. She said.

I'm scared too. I replied. But I need to do this if there is ever going to be an US again. I'll travel to Abuja once I'm discharged to check out the office. I'll be there for two weeks. I don't want you to call me or contact me in any way. No matter how long it takes for me to get myself back, you'll have to wait, that's if you are willing. I'll come find you when everything is settled. I said.

Of course I'm willing. I'll always be willing for you, Max. She said.

OK. And one more thing, don't ask me what happened while I was gone. I don't think I'll want to talk about it. I added.

As you wish, sweetheart. She replied.

The following day I was discharged. I thanked the doctor and nurses and with the help of Jessica, I went back to my apartment. Then I told her to go home till I contacted her. I had work to do and I didn't want any distraction from her or anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Sweet Pain" by Ehmjay(m): 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
agrovick:

Seconded... The recalling part is making the story monotonous, but if that's the way Darch can keep the story going then I go no worries.

Kudos Darch, following bumper to bumper. Story is 100 percent lit.
Softly Softly bro,make u just plz use d grammer we all recognize.You don't nid tew make us use oxford dict na...monotonous indeed
Re: "Sweet Pain" by agrovick(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ehmjay:
Softly Softly bro,make u just plz use d grammer we all recognize.You don't nid tew make us use oxford dict na...monotonous indeed

Lol, I loyal to your govt and Darch govt.

This story is just sweeting my belly sha
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Jaytoy(f): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice story got me glued to my phone. Pls more updates.
more mb to ur phone.
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Ehmjay(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2017
;Dlovely
Re: "Sweet Pain" by harameede99(f): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
Max small small oo we luv u dnt end up spoiling everytin
Re: "Sweet Pain" by agrovick(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Darch, what's stopping the show na

1 Like

Re: "Sweet Pain" by lord3plex(m): 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
hope say that vengeance no go put bullet for ur heart again
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
This update was typed in a noisy environment, so be kind when you notice any error.
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
How do you capture a fish? By making it feel you are it's friend. When you dangle food by a hook in front of it, it doesn't see the hook. What it sees is a sign of friendship, and then the rest is history, or rather barbecue.

To play the game of deception, you have to play along. Once you let on that you are the wiser, it could be game over for you. I had my plan all set and ready to be executed.

One of the things my father taught me was precision. Precision is very important, he'll say, or else you could lose more than you can afford.

I don't understand, dad. I said.

Max, if you are on the road and suddenly a car comes out of nowhere, heading very fast towards you, what will you do? He asked.

Simple. I'll dive for the nearest safe place. I replied.

Wrong. He said shaking his head.

How is that wrong? That is called survival. OK I should stand and admire the car? I asked offended that he dismissed my answer.

He laughed.

I'm not sure about the admiration, but I'm sure you should have stood your ground. He said smiling.

I should have stood so that the car will hit me? I am not understanding, epp me understand please. I replied.

Let me ask you a question. What if where you chose to jump to in order to avoid the car Is also the place the car chose to go in order to avoid you, what will you do then? I know, you will then magically disappear. He said laughing.

I didn't like looking like a fool, so I didn't find it funny. I kept a straight face.

C'mon, Max. Lighten up. He said.

But on a serious note, always wait and read your enemy or whatever life throws at you in order to make the best informed decision. Don't be intimidated by how they come at you, like the car. Failure to do that may cost you everything. He continued.

You might think running away immediately is the best chance you have because of how they look, but trust me, most of the time they are scared of you. He finished.

I saw wisdom in what he said. I thanked him and got up to leave.

I guess I have a lot of thinking to do, dad. Thanks for teaching me this. I said.

That's what I'm here for. I'll see you later. He replied.

Then I left.

That was many years ago but that lesson has never left me, even for once.

This is the perfect time to put it into practice because what life has thrown at me lately was enough to make me run for the hills in fear and cower there. But no, I'll shut my eyes and calm myself in this storm, then I'll open it to clarity and make the best decision. Then I'll strike!

Precision, I thought. I won't miss.

That night after Jessica left my apartment, I called my supervisor, informing him about my travel to Abuja the following day. He was glad I was out of the hospital and congratulated me. When the call was over, I began packing my bag.

I won't be back here until my mission is completed, I thought to myself.

After packing my bag, I took a bath, while taking special care not to hurt my healing chest. After I was done with that, I went to my freezer and brought out the rice I cooked some days back.

I heated some in the microwave and ate.

Last supper, I joked and laughed.

After eating, I cleaned up and brushed my teeth before hitting the bed. Tomorrow begins a new chapter for me, I thought before sleeping off.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I prepared for my journey to Abuja. First things first, I said. Get this one out of the way and then have plenty of time for the other game, I thought.

After I was dressed, I picked up my bag and went out to my car. I love to drive. It clears my head. I started the car and drove off to Abuja.

I got to Abuja much later in the day and lodged in a hotel.

I brought out my laptop and connected to the hotel's WiFi. I replied some mails and browsed a bit. No calls or messages from Jessica. At least she Is honouring this agreement, I thought.

I went downstairs and had dinner and soon after returned to my room. I showered and went to bed.

The next day I got ready and left for the office. When I got there I asked for the secretary my supervisor told me to find and I was directed to her.

Good morning, I said. Are you Cassandra?

Yes. How may I help you, she asked.

I was told to find you once I arrived Abuja by Mr Dejo,my supervisor.

Oh! You must be Max. Welcome sir. She said smiling, while standing from her chair.

Thanks. I replied.

Come let me show you to your office. Mr. Dejo told me you will be here for two weeks. I hope this office space will be okay for you? She asked.

Yeah, I said, looking around. It will do just fine.

OK then. If you need anything at all, I'm just down the hall. Or you can call me using the telephone. She said pointing at it.

No problem. I replied looking at th telephone she pointed at.

Will that be all, sir? She asked.

I believe so, for now. I replied

So she left.

I looked around the office.

Impressive, I thought.

The table and chair looked very executive. I could get used to this, I said to myself.

I sat down on the soft leather chair and twirled around. This is the life, I said smiling.

At a point I got bored. What am I to do here all day? I asked, to no one in particular.

Shortly after a stout man walked in with a young lady carrying files.

You must be Max, he said extending his hand.

Yes I am. I replied getting up from my seat.

We've been expecting you. Welcome to our Abuja office. He said. I'm going to be your supervisor here. I'm Clement by name.

Nice to meet you, Mr. Clement. I said as we shook hands.

So, what do we do around here? I'm really fired up to start work, I said enthusiastically while folding up my sleeves.

You will get plenty of it, he replied smiling.

Angela, you can drop the files on the table, he said to the young lady with him.

Files? I thought.

OK sir, she replied and dropped them on my table.

You can go now, he said to her. And she left.

I ignored the files.

Where is the tool box I'll be working with? I asked him.

Sorry Max, seems you weren't properly informed about what we do here. We just file paperwork here. He replied.

File what? Ain't nobody got time for that. I thought.

Sir, I am an engineer. I work better in the field. That's where I should be. I said.

There is no field here, Max. Just this big office building. By the way, I'm an engineer too. He replied.

But how can you feel comfortable working in a place like this? Don't you miss field work? I asked.

Not really. You see, this work is easier and pays even better. I make more money doing almost nothing. Why do I need to suffer myself when I have the choice to enjoy myself. Moreover, many people will kill to have this opportunity. He said smiling.

I don't think I'll enjoy this. I thought.

OK sir, let's see how it goes. I replied.

Alright then. If you need my help, don't hesitate to ask. He said .

Thanks. I replied.

You're welcome. He said and left.

I took a look at the heap of files and sighed.

I sat down and drew them closer. I began going through them and doing whatever work that was required. It felt like torture. I'm a practical person and this was not for me. Well, two weeks and I'm out of here, I encouraged myself.

That was how I came to work everyday and spent my days writing. The perks of the job were enticing but I'll wither if I continued. When the two weeks were over, I called Mr. Dejo, my supervisor.

Sir, I have completed the two weeks. I said when he answered the phone.

He chuckled. So, what do you think? He asked.

I won't take the job. I prefer the one I had. I said.

I thought as much. I just had to give you the opportunity and then allow you to make your choice. You know you are my boy. He said.

This environment isn't my cup of tea. There is absolutely no action here. So boring. I replied.

He laughed.

Well, you can resume work next week. You can use the remaining days of this week to familiarize with Abuja. He said.

Alright sir, thanks.

Take care, Max. He said.

You too, sir. I replied. And the line went dead.

Familiarize with Abuja? Maybe some other time. Right now, I have date. A date to face my storm.

A date with Doug.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Sweet Pain" by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
Revenge Revenge Revenge. Well my fingers are crossed, expecting more update from you darch.keep it up.
The sky is more than a limit to you, it a stepping stone.
Re: "Sweet Pain" by JinX100: 12:50am On Jan 08, 2017
preciousuweh:
Revenge Revenge Revenge. Well my fingers are crossed, expecting more update from you darch.keep it up.
The sky is more than a limit to you, it a stepping stone.

If you stop this story here. I will shoot you in the ass!! What happened Next??
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Ehmjay(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2017
It been worth devoting my time to so far...Thumbs up Darch
Re: "Sweet Pain" by Darch: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2017
Thanks guys. I'll post the next update when I'm sure everyone is back from Church and well rested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Torn / The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs / What Should This Be Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.