Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) (6294 Views)

The Controversy Between Baptism And Born Again. By Fr Kelvin Ugwu / Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement / Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I wanna go to hell cuz its all imaginary

I mean, you'll reject Valhalla even when offered because you think it doesn't exist

"I wanna go to hell" = "I don't want any gift from Santa"

Hell is a place for Hopefullandlord

God would grant you your wish.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2017
hahn:

Lol. And what is the purpose of Christianity? Are there not more religious countries than secular ones?

What is the benefit of Christianity to Nigeria?

Are you That Naive to see the difference between now and then when Africa practised only traditional religeon or do you think Africa was Athiests?
you will have to look at the history of the continent of Africa itself; especially sub-Saharan Africa. What was the history of the continent before the advent of Christianity? How has the culture changed?
How has the human view of self been changed? I believe you as an African are in many ways more qualified than I to answer this. I have studied the history of Africa quite a bit, but I am not part of that culture.
I believe that with the advent of Christianity in
parts of Africa, there has been a huge change is
the amount of superstition. Traditional, animist religion saw humans as being subject to the whims of local gods. People saw phenomena such as weather, disease and human fate as subject to the whims of varios gods. There were many taboos intended to influence such superstitious beliefs. Under these pagan beliefs such activities as drunkenness, sexual
immorality, sexual abuse and violence were
rampant. Modern Africa is moving away from these superstitions. Under the influence of Christianity,
education, personal responsibility, personal
morality and individual freedom are all
improving. Of course, the picture is not all rosy. Africa, and specifically Nigeria is subject to many problems, including corruption, greed, continued sexual immorality and violence. Christianity has clearly not completely taken hold in Africa. Of course, it has not in Europe or North America as well. Time will tell whether Christian values will continue to have more influence in Africa. One can only hope that it does.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

God knows the End from the begining. You have already Justified God's plan by this your comment. Freewill always comes with the risk of been abused, so God who is Ominipotent and OminiScience allowed or continued with his plan to make Satan knowing he will betray him but God knew it would happen now or sometime later(freewill will be abused by any of his created brings).
but this great controversy is a lesson to all created beings that God alone is God. no other being would desire God's throne after seeing the effect and fate of Satan and his rebellious angels.

considering that God lost one-third of his army/angel in just one fight that made it looks like he is not invincible afterall and that make fighting him again and again and again and a... an irresistible offer/desire; remember: some battles are not won by fighting once

God knowing fully well the future that Adam will surely eat the fruit and while creating 1/3 of his angel he know they belong to devil shows that he is not all loving and have no evil

creating the devil knowing what he will become and then sending him to our planet is the greatest evil of all time

to him who knows good and do not do it is evil
to him who knows evil and proceed to do it is the greatest evil

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

God knows the End from the begining. You have already Justified God's plan by this your comment. Freewill always comes with the risk of been abused, so God who is Ominipotent and OminiScience allowed or continued with his plan to make Satan knowing he will betray him but God knew it would happen now or sometime later(freewill will be abused by any of his created brings).
but this great controversy is a lesson to all created beings that God alone is God. no other being would desire God's throne after seeing the effect and fate of Satan and his rebellious angels.

considering that God lost one-third of his army/angel in just one fight, that made it looks like he is not invincible afterall and that make fighting him again and again and again and a.... an irresistible offer/desire; remember: some battles are not won by fighting once

God knowing fully well the future that Adam will surely eat the fruit and while creating 1/3 of his angel he know they belong to devil shows that he is not all loving and have no evil

creating the devil knowing what he will become and then sending him to our planet is the greatest evil of all time

to him who knows good and do not do it, is evil
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

considering that God lost one-third of his army/angel in just one fight, that made it looks like he is not invincible afterall and that make fighting him again and again and again and a.... an irresistible offer/desire; remember: some battles are not won by fighting once

to him who knows good and do not do it, is evil

God is all knowing all powerfull he decides what he will do and how he will do it.

God is too big to fit into your narrative rather you should learn to fit your narrative into God's plan.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
Lady39:

Yes...I knew that. I know that book from anywhere..one of my favorites! I know the chapter u were quoting..."The Origin of Evil." I've read the last 22 chapters...gotta finish reading about the reformers.

Are you an Adeventist?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

God passed judgement on them. God gave the Amorites over 400yrs to amend their ways and yet they refused to.
Genesis15:16
But in the fourth generation they shall come here again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete

God in all his dealings with his creations has been just and fair.
but that does not mean he cannot or does not have the right and authority to excercise his Sovereignty.

Job 4:17 (KJV) Shall mortal man be more just
than God? shall a man be more pure than his
maker?

If I'll be fair with u and hold onto ur perspective on why God caused evil on d amorites cause of their ways.
God caused afflictions on job, an obedient servant coz?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

God is all knowing all powerfull he decides what he will do and how he will do it.

God is too big to fit into your narrative rather you should learn to fit your narrative into God's plan.

i have no problem with God doing whatever he like when or how he like it but why he is never doing the noble thing of
accepting responsibilities for his actions:
why blame Adam when you pre-know (all knowing) that he will fail the test
why blame the devil when you pre-know before creating him of the terror he choicelessly become (acting or doing otherwise than what God pre know is not possible)
why blame Judas when you pre-know that Jesus will never surrender himself to be killed but rather will need Judas to betray him so that he (Jesus) could be killed for our sins
why unnecessarily harden and influenced Pharaoh's mind and yet blame him
why blame Esau when you pre-know and create the elder to serve the younger
you joint-hand with the devil (one of your pre-know)to punish Job

if God pre-know then what is the position of our so called "free will"

are we truly free-willed or we are simply acting a script from God?

2 Likes

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by hahn(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

God created Satan perfect,Beautiful and Holy.and God gave him the gift of freewill and power which he abused. God is not responsible for the choice made by Satan.

But god knew he would rebel before he rebelled, right?

And everything is created by god for his convenience and pleasure so he created the devil to taunt us so he can throw billions of people, all of which he already knows they will end up there, in hell for eternity. Right?

3 Likes

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
blueAgent:

Are you an Adeventist?

How else could I know that book...lol?

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
i may be wrong but i think Freewill is not an invitation to endless choice:
you have free will to attend or not attend a party (no police will question you)
you have free will to attend a choice university
you have free will to vote for, against or not vote at all for a political party
marriage is free will

you do not have free will to kill (hence a ready-waiting punishment)
you do not have free will NOT to pay tax (it is by force: hence punishment)

we cant be said to have free will to worship or not worship God, (the fell of God's hell)
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2017
hahn:

But god knew he would rebel before he rebelled, right?

And everything is created by god for his convenience and pleasure so he created the devil to taunt us so he can throw billions of people, all of which he already knows they will end up there, in hell for eternity. Right?

You are assuming everything is fixed.God knew what the Devil will become he allowed for the good of the entire universe. Everyone has an opportunity to avoid Hell,God's will is not to comdeme people to Hell, people willingly make their choice.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2017
Lady39:

How else could I know that book...lol?

That's Nice.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2017
0ubenji:
If I'll be fair with u and hold onto ur perspective on why God caused evil on d amorites cause of their ways.
God caused afflictions on job, an obedient servant coz?

If you Read the Bible you will see it was the Devil and not God that Afflicted Job.

Job2:7
So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. And he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:15am On Jan 06, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

i have no problem with God doing whatever he like when or how he like it but why he is never doing the noble thing of
accepting responsibilities for his actions:
why blame Adam when you pre-know (all knowing) that he will fail the test
why blame the devil when you pre-know before creating him of the terror he choicelessly become (acting or doing otherwise than what God pre know is not possible)
why blame Judas when you pre-know that Jesus will never surrender himself to be killed but rather will need Judas to betray him so that he (Jesus) could be killed for our sins
why unnecessarily harden and influenced Pharaoh's mind and yet blame him
why blame Esau when you pre-know and create the elder to serve the younger
you joint-hand with the devil (one of your pre-know)to punish Job

if God pre-know then what is the position of our so called "free will"

are we truly free-willed or we are simply acting a script from God?

If God decided not to create Adam or Eve becos he knows they will fail the test. it will no longer be freewill. becos God is now making choices for them.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2017
oluwaseyi000:
i may be wrong but i think Freewill is not an invitation to endless choice:
you have free will to attend or not attend a party (no police will question you)
you have free will to attend a choice university
you have free will to vote for, against or not vote at all for a political party
marriage is free will

you do not have free will to kill (hence a ready-waiting punishment)
you do not have free will NOT to pay tax (it is by force: hence punishment)

we cant be said to have free will to worship or not worship God, (the fell of God's hell)

Look there is nothing like total freedom.
God gave us the gift of freewill but we can only use it in accordance to Divine laws and princples.
Example: In our Society today ,freedom of Speech does not mean that you can insult people anyhow.No there are laws that Guide peoples conduct while still allowing them freedom to make their choices. same In Democracy or any insistution.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by hahn(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

You are assuming everything is fixed.God knew what the Devil will become he allowed for the good of the entire universe. Everyone has an opportunity to avoid Hell,God's will is not to comdeme people to Hell, people willingly make their choice.

The bone of contention is, "if god is all knowing then it definitely knows those who will make heaven or not". Right or wrong?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

If you Read the Bible you will see it was the Devil and not God that Afflicted Job.

Job2:7
So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. And he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes.
If u actually read d bible well as a good Christian. You of all ppl shud knw God specifically permitted d evil on job; an obedient servant.

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 10:46am On Jan 06, 2017
0ubenji:
If u actually read d bible well as a good Christian. You of all ppl shud knw God specifically permitted d evil on job; an obedient servant.

Yes God permitted it. but it was the Devils accusation that Job served God for material blessings and not his love for God that prompted God to ask Satan in Chapter to look at Job a Man who fears God contrary to the Devils accusation that no man can observe(serve God honestly) God's Divine laws. in totality God used Job sitution to illustrate to the Devil and all humanity what it means to love or serve God.

The Question to learn here Is , Is God only good to you only in the time of blessings or would he still remain your God in the time of Adversity?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2017
hahn:

The bone of contention is, "if god is all knowing then it definitely knows those who will make heaven or not". Right or wrong?

Yes God knows.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by hahn(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

Yes God knows.

If it knows and everything is in it's "divine plan" and everything works for it's glory then people who burn him hell do not have any choice because they will go to hell anyways since god wills it. Therefore, it is god's pleasure people burn in hell

Not to mention the fact that there is more suffering than enjoyment on earth which also signifies that it enjoys watching it's creations suffer

Oh, what a loving god undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

That's Nice.

Yes..16 yrs. in & it's a beautiful thing...
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
hahn:

If it knows and everything is in it's "divine plan" and everything works for it's glory then people who burn him hell do not have any choice because they will go to hell anyways since god wills it. Therefore, it is god's pleasure people burn in hell

Not to mention the fact that there is more suffering than enjoyment on earth which also signifies that it enjoys watching it's creations suffer

Oh, what a loving god undecided

God knows does not mean he is responsible for them going to Hell.
What God sees is their final destination based on the choice they have made God does not influence their final decision.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lady39:

Yes..16 yrs. in & it's a beautiful thing...

Where you born an Adventist?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

Where you born an Adventist?

No sir...this church was an unexpected answer to my prayer.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
blueAgent:

Yes God permitted it. but it was the Devils accusation that Job served God for material blessings and not his love for God that prompted God to ask Satan in Chapter to look at Job a Man who fears God contrary to the Devils accusation that no man can observe(serve God honestly) God's Divine laws. in totality God used Job sitution to illustrate to the Devil and all humanity what it means to love or serve God.

The Question to learn here Is , Is God only good to you only in the time of blessings or would he still remain your God in the time of Adversity?
nd d smart devil had to whine God to afflict an obedient servant of his to prove what we suppose God already knows...
Nd u call dis love?
The devil can as well whine God to wipe off the whole of Nigeria to prove a point nd God will definitely do it according to u.. Out of love
I don't quite understand the angle from which u read dat bible with u tho..

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2017
0ubenji:
nd d smart devil had to whine God to afflict an obedient servant of his to prove what we suppose God already knows...
Nd u call dis love?
The devil can as well whine God to wipe off the whole of Nigeria to prove a point nd God will definitely do it according to u.. Out of love
I don't quite understand the angle from which u read dat bible with u tho..

God was the one who intiated the conversation not the Devil. the purpose of this trials is not for God's intrest only but also the Heavenly beings who are watching the entire drama.How would the angels understand that Job can remain faithful in face of adversity if God does not allow such? God knows but do the angels or Man or the Devil know? Job's Incident was a lesson to all created beings and not just about God knowing or not knowing.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2017
Lady39:

No sir...this church was an unexpected answer to my prayer.

Wow... thats nice,so you felt you were worshipping on the wrong day?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
blueAgent:

God was the one who intiated the conversation not the Devil. the purpose of this trials is not for God's intrest only but also the Heavenly beings who are watching the entire drama.How would the angels understand that Job can remain faithful in face of adversity if God does not allow such? God knows but do the angels or Man or the Devil know? Job's Incident was a lesson to all created beings and not just about God knowing or not knowing.
the initiator of a conversation is not a determinant to who whines who.
U seem to av one strange thought that God tries to impress ppl or angels or Satan at the detriment of the well-being of obedient servants in d name of love.
This is exactly the picture your ridiculous story of God's love paints.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
blueAgent:

Wow... thats nice,so you felt you were worshipping on the wrong day?

Well I wasn't very spiritual growing up. I just did the normal church routine..& prayer before dinner type thing. I knew "of God" but I had no relationship with Him. Was attending a church during my college days--just to thank God for a very, very special gift...& thus began my journey. I did feel after 1 month, that the church wasn't the one I was supposed to be attending..so I began praying...& a few days later my prayer was answered!

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lady39:

Well I wasn't vert spiritual growing up. I just did the normal church routine..& prayer before dinner type thing. I knew "of God" but I had no relationship with Him. Was attending a church during my college days--just to thank God for a very, very special gift...& thus began my journey. I did feel after 1 month, that the church wasn't the one I was supposed to be attending..so I began praying...& a few days later my prayer was answered!

Thats Nice. and whats that special gift?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by sonmvayina(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
It is called the law of duality...good and evil, up and down, cold and hot, day and night...etc..they are just like the two side of a coin. without one the other is useless and meaning less..
it does not mean that one God is responsible for good and another is responsible for evil..itid God that is responsible for both..to God, they both mean the same thing..the God thst cteate is the same God thst destroys..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur / How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? / I Was Almost A Victim Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo - Franca.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.