Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) (1002 Views)

How Can I Sell My Broilers In Live Weighted(per Kilo) / Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) / Help!my Broilers Has No Weight@ 8 Weeks+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) by Krossbow123: 8:14am On Jan 05, 2017
I bought 150 day old broiler chicks from Farmwell outlet aka Treasure chicks, two weeks later I bought another 350 day old broilers from the same source. at over 8 weeks now the 150 set still looks like 3 weeks old and the 350 set looks like 2 weeks old at 6 weeks.

when I went to their office to complain I discovered that I was not the only one as other farmers too were equally complaining. aside from the stunted growth, the mortality rate is also very high. The staff there prescribed different drugs/vaccines but still no changes.

I'm an agriculture graduate. I have been keeping broilers for over 5 years now. I always sell my birds off at 6 - 8 weeks at an average weight of 3.3kg. But with these two sets of broilers, I don't know when they will reach market weight.

I need urgent help considering the fact that a bag of feed is about #3,550 and they consumer more than 3 bags per day
Re: Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) by alakara(m): 8:27am On Jan 05, 2017
Bros, dispose them.
Re: Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) by slim75d(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2017
give them NPK fertilizer na and see wonders
Re: Help My Broilers Not Growing (farmwell Birds) by obstead200(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Krossbow123:
I bought 150 day old broiler chicks from Farmwell outlet aka Treasure chicks, two weeks later I bought another 350 day old broilers from the same source. at over 8 weeks now the 150 set still looks like 3 weeks old and the 350 set looks like 2 weeks old at 6 weeks.

when I went to their office to complain I discovered that I was not the only one as other farmers too were equally complaining. aside from the stunted growth, the mortality rate is also very high. The staff there prescribed different drugs/vaccines but still no changes.

I'm an agriculture graduate. I have been keeping broilers for over 5 years now. I always sell my birds off at 6 - 8 weeks at an average weight of 3.3kg. But with these two sets of broilers, I don't know when they will reach market weight.

I need urgent help considering the fact that a bag of feed is about #3,550 and they consumer more than 3 bags per day
Am really surprised that birds of that small size can consume 3bags a day. Abeg check well and know what is really happening to ur feed.
Also, I shud expect that with ur wealth of experience, 5 years as u say, u shud have known that u don't just buy DOC from any hatchery. Buy from only trusted and reputable hatcheries that have the funds and the personnel to develop and manage super quality parent stock and aalso have a name to protect at all cost.

(1) (Reply)

New Hybrid Palm Oil Seedlings, Plantain And Banana Suckers For Sale. / Cashew Nut|peanut|nut Roasting Machine For Sale / Andrea Global Fish Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.