Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model (28153 Views)

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Imagination is greater than knowledge, says albert einstein.

Sir isaac newton propounded the gravitational theory when he questioned why the apple did not fly upward but fell. By his side while he was relaxing at its shade. What have you know by experience?

Then newton said a body will continue on a straight line or at a state of rest if no external force has acted on it. Look at what the man made out of his imagination.

My poster is not bragging about his wealth dictions, rather he was giving a great insight the way he could to convince you of his point. A wiser person knows that the sun is closer to the equator on a global earth rhan anywheer in the world as the global earth spins on its axis in rotation.

But you blame that phenomenon on radiation because you are oblivious of the fact I just stated, but my poser is aware of this fact by imagination or via intuition.

Education can rub you of understanding. Its your duty not to be blinded by the light.

yhu created anoda acct to support yaself.. u dey try o.. me like.eeee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by mank1234(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Having gone through all the pages of this thread, I observed that this flat earth is just a postulation with no proof yet. Since I'm without the tools and I'm not ready to research on its validity, I therefore stick with globe theory. This is because with it, future predictions on eclipse has been correct, space shuttle atmospheric escape point is calculated correctly (trajectory), warm/cold ocean current effect on adjourning landmass climate predicted. Yes indeed, the facts against flat earth is massive:

A flight along a straight line on a flat earth will not take you back to your starting.
The bigger a sphere is the more flat it will appear at the point of reference.

I won't be supprise if tomorrow our friend discovers the foundations of the earth through his telescope!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

Yours is outright hatred without a cause from my end. Rest assured that I am contemplating how to get your photo so I can dispatch legions of archons, Imanujela and Djinns to concentrate in feeding off your negative energies. Be careful who you insult. this is not a threat, it is guarantee, if you like, wear a cosmetic smile. But I will advise that you steer clear and stop insulting those who are beyond you physically and psychically, well, already you know that I dont believe on what you believe in.

mehn u seriously lost it.. dafuq djinns?... ur projection in ur head has made u crazy..
well silly billy...

2 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Teague4league(m): 7:50am On Jan 08, 2017
natedalo:
My prayer is that God lead you away from the spirits that have caused you these delusions. This is what happens when you don't guard your heart. You fall victim to every thought and imagination of the evil one.

Any spirit that tries to tell you that you can be God is from the devil and should not be trusted or reasoned with. These spirits come in thoughts and imaginations and mislead many people who claim they seek knowledge.

The only way to protect yourself from these evil spirits is to believe and trust in Jesus. When you believe and trust in Jesus no spirit would be able to confuse or harm you. As you grow older you'll learn not to trust any spirit but to test the spirits if they are from God by asking them to confess for Christ for any spirit that does not confess Christ is of the devil.
Didn't ur bible say we are God . Ur place is not here. Go and lecture them with this on religious thread . Nothing educational about all this Israeli myth, it's not any different that Greek myth and our Africa myths cause you chose to believe it .
Keep moving
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Teague4league(m): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2017
natedalo:
My prayer is that God lead you away from the spirits that have caused you these delusions. This is what happens when you don't guard your heart. You fall victim to every thought and imagination of the evil one.

Any spirit that tries to tell you that you can be God is from the devil and should not be trusted or reasoned with. These spirits come in thoughts and imaginations and mislead many people who claim they seek knowledge.

The only way to protect yourself from these evil spirits is to believe and trust in Jesus. When you believe and trust in Jesus no spirit would be able to confuse or harm you. As you grow older you'll learn not to trust any spirit but to test the spirits if they are from God by asking them to confess for Christ for any spirit that does not confess Christ is of the devil.
I guess from what you said, science has a spirit and the spirit is for jesus
Funny guy you are
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Kingkillz(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Billyonaire:
I cant believe how much we have been programmed by both science and religion to even disbelieve something we see with our eyes. If planet Earth is round, the Oceans will spill over when it revolves, the Empire State Buildings and Giant sky scrappers will fall off when facing sidewards or downwards while Earth is rotating. Its common sense, gravity is too weak to hold such structures to the Earth ground. It makes more sense is Earth if a flat surface or semi-circle rotating on its axis while revolving slowly and Sun and other planets and moon, revolving faster than Earth.

Example is that of someone with 9 strings all tied to balls at the end, turning at 360 degrees, the balls at the end of the string will move faster while the person holding the string rotates in circular motion. The string this time doesnt exist but electromagnetic pull defines the orbit. And since this looks much like an atom, it makes more sense when you say as it is above, so it is on earth.
have u ever considered that we would fall off once we get to the edge or circumference of ur proposed half water melon.
Let's assume all land we live on is around the center /nucleus of your model and water bodies surrounding... If the earth is flat surfaced ships would fall off once they get to the edge but if it is spherical as correctly proven... It'll move continually and make revolutions sef. When a Ship leaves the port u notice that the sheep reduces in size till only the hull can be seen but if the earth was flat u would instead see the ship reduce in size till only the null can be seen. Peace yo

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
billyonaire claims that if the earth were round, waters in the ocean would fall off and the people 'under' the ball would fall as well.

where?

what would be pulling them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by trino: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am introducing to you a standard CBT study/practice examination software called TESTDRILLER software for your educational needs at the secondary and post-secondary school level. We have three products which is TESTDRILLER UTME 2017, TESTDRILLER SSCE 2017 and TESTDRILLER ANDRIOD.

Features of TESTDRILLER

- Over 16000 practice exams past question with answers and explanations in different subjects
- Robust English kit for study
- Vocabo which is a synonym/Antonym game
- Maths Solver for solving and explanation of mathematics question of any kind
- Maths tips as a guide to help students solve their maths faster and efficiently
- School Finder that helps students choose schools and choice course of study

Added Advantage of the Testdriller Software

- Users can practice more than one subject simultaneously.
- TestDriller has an on-screen calculator which you can use during exam practice.
- Users get to see their scores, number of questions attempted, answering speed, time spent and a graphical analysis of their overall performance.
- A summary of the recommended literature by JAMB which is "The Last Days at the Forcados"
- TestDriller displays passages, images, tables, subscripts, superscripts and special symbols both in the question and option boxes.
Results can be printed or saved. TestDriller analyzes the trend in your performance and the speed at which you answer questions.
- It gives the opportunity to study by topics of interest.

For more details and to get yours: Call Valentine on 08034047666 or 07058199231 Email : testdrillersoftwaresolutions@gmail.com

Testdriller.........Reflecting the Future of Academic Excellence at all level through CBT

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by absoluteSuccess: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
joshysmartie:

yhu created anoda acct to support yaself.. u dey try o.. me like.eeee

That would be much ado about nothing, if you can do that, I will forever respect your 'wisdom'.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by luqxxee(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
So do you mean that the nebular theory and supernova are wrong?
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

On this thread, you will learn to state your facts and not insult others because they do not agree with your opinions. This is NOT Religion Section. This is a school. State your facts as you know and allow others to try to debunk it with their research and facts.

Meanwhile, no one says the satellites are not revolving around the spherical looking earth. My point is, that the spherical dome shape you see is the atmosphere and that the surface we sleep on, walk on and live on is flat, but the atmosphere is the curvature you see. Picture a water-melon or egg with upper half being the atmosphere and the median separator being the flat surface we live on.

Ponder on it. We all know we were taught the Earth is spherical, we all know that. What we are saying is, it doesnt sound right. It is NOT true. I am not ignorant, I know what we were taught, but I choose not to believe it anymore, but you are free to call yourself intelligent by repeating all you were taught. That is actually how we train our dogs to attack, how to bark, when to bark, etc. I refuse to be a guinea pig. Not anymore.

You suddenly realised that this is not a religious thread but you get angry when Ali told you to leave the bible out of it. Seriously you are a complete joke
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by firstking01(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Victurh:

Sounds convincing tho. But science made us believe that if it were flat, then we would see the end of the earth. Meaning our ships and motor boats would fall at the earth's edge. Also, there would be no reason for sunset and sunrise, as the sun would shine on all areas at the same time since its a flat surface.

Try getting a geographer to explain better to you. Are you trying to tell me something that is being taught for ages to the whole world is wrong. One thing is, before an observation or theory can be approved, it would have undergone all the necessary checks and balance. Scientists are not fools now.

Meanwhile, the earth is Oval not Round.
The earth in it's entirety is spherical in nature....proves are....

Sunrising from the west to set in the east

Mirage on coaltars...need i explain this?

A car coming from a distance looking asif it's emernating from underground or sloppy hill.

Ship visibility....if you need any explanation qoute me.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

That would be much ado about nothing, if you can do that, I will forever respect your 'wisdom'.

so na y u quote me... guy geraut...
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by absoluteSuccess: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
joshysmartie:

so na y u quote me... guy geraut...

If you are this confused, I wonder what you have upstairs.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

If you are this confused, I wonder what you have upstairs.
if you quote me again... djinn will follow you... please mind your lane..
izit ur stairs? stewpid boi....
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by babseg(m): 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
joshysmartie:

grin I thought it was only Billyonaire that can threatening one with djinn
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by SmartMugu: 6:00am On Jan 12, 2017
The is this weirdest idea I've ever heard of regarding the earth.
If the earth was shaped like the cut water-melon you talked about, and everyone on earth live on the flat end, how would you explain the concepts of day and night? Shouldn't everyone see the sun 24 hours a day? Unless you're assuming the sun is much smaller than the moon and revolves around the different cities on the flat part of the earth you said everyone lives.

You said skyscrapers would have fallen if the earth was round. Again, that's false. You're just assuming the earth is just one tiny entity, like one big watermelon somewhere and everyone lives on it.

Aerial photographs are there for you to review, and gravitational forces are what keep any matter with mass back on earth - including waters, buildings and every other type of matter.

If you've seen astronauts float in their spaceships after leaving earth, then we shouldn't be talking about this because that does prove gravity plays a role on how things stay this way.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by absoluteSuccess: 8:43am On Jan 12, 2017
joshysmartie:

You are one of the future failures that the cyberspace has created.

You are already on that lane of self-destruct. But I have a word for you.

Go back to your parents and learn how to talk to people you don't know.

A boy you are and a boy you will always be without manner.

Till you attain the maturity that comes with age and parentage.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

You are one of the future failures that the cyberspace has created.

You are already on that lane of self-destruct. But I have a word for you.

Go back to your parents and learn how to talk to people you don't know.

A boy you are and a boy you will always be without manner.

Till you attain the maturity that comes with age and parentage.

I hope to hear from you soon.

...i gree now.. please can we move on....? you're matured ...ayam ayam what again self?.. well your problem.. keep ranting...

p.s you just did hear from me... and i dont want to hear from you...

lalasticlala mynd44 ban two of us o.... pls...
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2017
babseg:

grin I thought it was only Billyonaire that can threatening one with djinn

grin lol of course.. silly would be kind enough to lend a djinn for me to send to my enemies..grin or wont you silly? grin
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by absoluteSuccess: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2017
joshysmartie:

...i gree now.. please can we move on....? you're matured ...ayam ayam what again self?.. well your problem.. keep ranting...

p.s you just did hear from me... and i dont want to hear from you...

lalasticlala mynd44 ban two of us o.... pls...

Now I know the people you fear and hold with awe. I know you are inviting them on purpose. You are a kid indeed with a long way to go.

This is a new year, these folks should not be your centre of gravity if you will accomplish anything worthwhile with your time this year.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Now I know the people you fear and hold with awe. I know you are inviting them on purpose. You are a kid indeed with a long way to go.

This is a new year, these folks should not be your centre of gravity if you will accomplish anything worthwhile with your time this year.

No mattet how hard you try.. the words you mix will never make sense ... can yhu please let me be?.. like dont quote me na i want to go..
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by absoluteSuccess: 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
joshysmartie:

No mattet how hard you try.. the words you mix will never make sense ... can yhu please let me be?.. like dont quote me na i want to go..

You are your own distress.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
Good day sir, I'm actually a young student who wants to know more than what i was actually thought which led me to drop religion. I've followed this thread with much attention and watched all the videos you've posted and i see a lot of sense to it but i have a lot of questions about the "FE" (flat earth) model.

If the sun were disappearing due to 'perspective' then the sun too should be able to be 'brought back' using binoculars or a telescope. But the sun can not be brought back. If the FE version of perspective were a real thing, then ALL objects should be brought back by binoculars. But the sun and moon can't be zoomed in or brought back when they but are going behind the horizon why?

Secondly,( i wish i could see one by myself) with your telescope when you zoom in to a ship beyond your eye perspective, do you see a different horizon again after the ship, like do you see past the ship to view water or just the ship alone?

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Bifrost: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
Interesting read.
But, the earth is not flat — from my own observations and studies.
And, since you do not subscribe to the fundamental fact that supports a round earth (actually an "Oblate Spheroid) — vis Gravity, then there's no point. It was really an interesting read Billyonaire. I wish I could meet you in person.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Chidexter(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
I'm a geographer, currently in a uni, and I honestly do not believe this, countless questions need answers, I won't go about asking more or repeating what has already been cited.
I commend the op though, but I'd advise him to forget this fruitless research and rather channel his resources into something worthwhile like the global warming issue or something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: El-Rufai Threatens To Sack All Kaduna Lecturers / Institutions With The Best Students' Union Government (SUG) / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.