Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? (14897 Views)

Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe Oghara School Fees 2018/2019 For ND And HND / Labour market: No Discrimination Between HND And Bsc In Architecture / The Polytechnic Ibadan 2017/2018 ND And HND Admission Processing Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2017
for disparity sake, go for unilag.

however, if you find yourself capable of running the two together, I will urge you to run it bcoz there are some cases that your ND may get you job before your BSc/HND gets you one

23 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 05, 2017
if you have automobile and you know ur capacity u can go for the two

6 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by thepeople2020: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2017
MY GUY BSC NA BSC DON'T MIX THINGS UP GO FOR THE MOST RELEVANT WHICH IS BSC.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by donbrowser(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
One of my greatest regrets in life is not getting a ND. Please ensure you get both. If you want to get into Alausa for example, it is easier with ND.

Hope you gerrit?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Go for the BSc now.

Better than ND....UNLESS finances is an issue.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by allisonluvsu(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
h
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by emenas(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
I'll advice u go for both bro. u'll av more chances of getting a job
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Tolzeal(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
You want to go for one that you think would work best for you. Majority of students always want to move to a university after completing their ND though.

Remember

-Lectures might Clash.
-Tests might Clash.
-Exams might clash.

I think it's best you work and focus on One rather than losing both on a long run.

16 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by nigeriancuban: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
I wouldn't be easy if you are not mobile?
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by buygala(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Your brain capacity and dedication to succeed in both programmes is key here....if you are really confident you are smart enough to run both paroles without crashing, then go ahead cool...after all, people have been known to run different educational programmes simultaneously and still excel in each of them cool ....besides since you said both courses are essentially the same, you won't be much stressed since whatever you study for one applies as well to the other smiley

More importantly, how are you sure the academic and exam timetables of both programmes won't clash at very important points? ...imagine you having exams in critical courses in both courses at the same time on the same day, or some other similar occurrence which may have to put u in a 'scale of preference' situation. And since they are different schools, there is no question of whether the school authorities can amend their calendar or timetable to ameliorate your predicament sad

2 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Benjom(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Leave your ND out of this now.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Jesuspikin8: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
No. Not now. Not ever.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by tempex88(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
I don't get it. i even thought it was learning tailoring and going to school. Ur ND is useless once u have ur bsc
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by feyimen: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
if u have the financial power u could run the two
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by HAH: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Not advisable, especially if in same course, because having a diploma and degree in your CV does not give you any advantage all you did was following a longer route, but if the diploma is in different field let say accounting and your degree is in business admin it may help you with added advantage for employment. But a diploma in accounting and degree in accounting is waste of time because employers will only consider the degree.

On the other hand getting a job with an OND is easier than degree for obvious reasons like salary and position

14 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by HarveySpecter1: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Stick to one so that you can give it all the attention it requires. What is it with Nigerians accumulating all the certificates they can get?

2 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by ekems2017(f): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Why not if you have the financies to do so.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Switmon: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2017
grin won't mind having a BSc
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Eleniyan15: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2017
If you have the fund,strength running both program no problem the school not far from each other so what stopping?? who ND Help my advice focus on your bs.c
I just hope you won't lag behind,remember it against the law to be in two school at the same time
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by jide219(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2017
If u ve the means for dem both go for it

Modify
On a second not if u knw u re going for any engineering course i will advise to go to lag and fir yabatech or else carryover go be your second name or if u wan block u can do it
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by holythug(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2017
You just took an aim at your on foot, i advice you find a way to conceal your identity, either schools must not see this and identify you

petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2017
A wise man once told me: anything is possible baba. . .
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by adedayoadedeji(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2017
JUst go for B.sc. To avoid chasing two rabbits and catching none(not coming out with good grades)

A new transportation startup is looking for drivers that are willing to join the company and coordinate some of its first rides. We offer rides to workers leaving their homes to work every morning and bring them back and we want drivers who can drive our buses and take these people to their destinations.

Looking for the following in a driver:
-courteous and intelligent
-ability to seize initiatives
-Possess a driving licence
-Sizeable number of years behind the wheel

Renumeration
-Payment is based on how many passengers driver is able to convey each morning. Payment is a percentage cut of fares paid by customers.

If interested, please email xylofng@gmail.com
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2017
U can combine the 2....since Nd is just a 2yrs course.. It's cool if you can combine... My younger sister combined her NCE with B.Ed...you can do so as well.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Qmerit(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2017
if everything about ur Bsc is in-tight go for it.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by ahmedzak46: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2017
Good to go, guy try ur best since na d same course.

The Lord is ur strength
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by allisonluvsu(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2017
Lets Vote

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by OpinionCounts(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2017
...........only in Nigeria.

Why do you think you need all that stress, I guess "FEAR" of uncertainty. I will advise you just choose one(preferably the B.Sc) and just try to be your best at what you are studying.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by yasolan(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2017
If u were in ND 2, it wouldn't be bad to run the two together, but as the case is, I would advise u to face Unilag and forfeit yabatech
Even if u were to run it, its extremely difficult and it will tell in your results
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by iamteegee(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2017
I will strongly advice you go for both!!!!! The Lord is your strength. While bsc looks for work ND gets u one u use to sustain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Good GMAT Lecture Centre In Lagos? / Check UNN 2013/2014 1st Batch Admission List / Anambra University Shut Over Killing Of Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.