Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,019 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State (20900 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:02am On Jan 05, 2017
So,I had to go sort some things in my hometown and I decided to take pictures in the way

Departure.....ikorodu,lagos

Destination..... Eruwa,ibarapa east local government area,oyo state

Route....there are three routes used to get out of Lagos thru ikorodu.

there's the sagamu-ikorodu road,which is the shortest and quickest of the lot,but is ridden with so many craters dat I didn't even think of it at all.that route would have taken me to sagamu,I would have then taken a left turn just after lafarge cement to link the sagamu-ore expressway

There's the ikorodu-itokin-ijebuode road.this would have taken me to the ijebu ode end of the sagamu-ore expressway via imota,adamo,itokin etc.this route tho smoother,is relatively longer as I would need to link Abeokuta to get to my destination

I was left with just one other option, which was to go through the lagos-ibadan expressway to sagamu,and then climb the bridge at the sagamu interchange and face Abeokuta from there

From Abeokuta, I would navigate through the town,get to olomore and then to lafenwa

From lafenwa,will get on the abeokuta-sokoto highway,which general olusegun obasanjo started in the 70s,but hasn't been finished till date.road doesn't get past kwara state(I think),but its the surest route to get to my hometown...also to towns like igboora,Maya, ayete,iseyin and the likes

Road is relatively smooth,but not busy.so much so that there has been instances of robbery especially early mornings and late nights

Duration of journey....3hrs(traffic and all inclusive)

Ride....2003 volvo S60 with 2.0T i5 engine wink

Pictures.....fluids check

Tires check

Cluster check

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2017
Took off around 12pm

Reset the trip meter,

And the journey began

Pictures.........ogolonto in ikorodu

Owode onirin

7up/tollgate

Little traffic after Berger

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2017
The journey was relatively smooth

No funny scenes on the road

Spent 13mins between sagamu and Abeokuta,and dats too much.Altho it was partly cos I caught up with a certain police convoy that refused Odas to overtake them....and they were so slow undecided

Abeokuta grin

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2017
More Abeokuta scenes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:42am On Jan 05, 2017
On the abeokuta-sokoto expressway

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by kingreign(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2017
Tell us more about your passenger in the front tongue tongue

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2017
In eruwa

I made the journey in 2.5 hours

Not bad as I had to keep slowing down at bad patches of the road cos of the ride height

Trip says 155.5 and its calibrated in km

Will take pictures of my beautiful town when I'm chanced today cool

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
make I no talk wetin de my mind. Nah 2017 be dis

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
make I no talk wetin de my mind. Nah 2017 be dis

My oga,

No talk o

Ehen!!

kingreign:

Na passenger

And na front the person siddon

Need I say more? grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
@diportivo nice clean Volvo you got there. I hope egunje boys didn't disturb you at all.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by MPVGoddess: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
kingreign:

think say na only me notice smiley

14 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
MPVGoddess:

think say na only me notice smiley

Na wa o

I took a picture of the Abeokuta stadium only grin grin

dumo1:
@diportivo nice clean Volvo you got there. I hope egunje boys didn't disturb you at all.

They were hyper friendly... cool

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by aieromon(m): 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
On behalf of the Vaseline crew......

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by 9icetoo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
diportivo no mind them. I like your Volvo jare. will hopefully get myself one soon especially the 2.0T engine variant. did you calculate your fuel use cos that's a given on road trips on nairaland.
the guy above me sha. ;Ddiportivo no mind them. I like your Volvo jare. will hopefully get myself one soon especially the 2.0T engine variant. did you calculate your fuel use cos that's a given on road trips on nairaland.
the guy above me sha.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by aieromon(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
diportivo:

Spent 13mins between sagamu and Abeokuta,and dats too much.

Sorry but I find this hard to believe...abi na rocket engine you get?

Is the Abeokuta-Sokoto expressway the same road that leads to Apata in Ibadan?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by princemillla(m): 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
Diportivo, you are such a stingy nigga.
Ow can u keep showing us ur speedo meter, roads and roads without your passenger tongue

Nice ride Bro, trust u Don land safely sha

12 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by nurey(m): 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Some people eye sharp Sha. Or nah because I dey use phone.
No pun intended but that is what we call mountain on fire. Nah joke oooooo

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by oblo(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Spreads mat here.... stands up to get kokoro from kuto market..sits down again lipsrsealed

Dipo you know na..

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by youngice(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
kingreign:
I think say na only me see something

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
9icetoo:
diportivo no mind them. I like your Volvo jare. will hopefully get myself one soon especially the 2.0T engine variant. did you calculate your fuel use cos that's a given on road trips on nairaland.
the guy above me sha. grin

Sadly I didn't lay emphasis on the fuel

Twas on quarter by the tym I landed sha...and I filled it b4 leaving

Will do dat on d return journey mostdef
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
aieromon:

Sorry but I find this hard to believe...abi na rocket engine you get?

Is the Abeokuta-Sokoto expressway the same road that leads to Apata in Ibadan?

1.bros,iv driven that road in 7 mins between governors office and d shagamu roundabout with a 2.0l i4 golf mk4
Road wasn't as bad as it is now.13 mins isn't between the interchange and kuto roundabout na grin

2. The road goes straight to iseyin and beyond. Iv only been on it as far as iseyin.going to apata from eruwa is still the same as going to eleyele from eruwa.at ido u turn right toward omi-adio/apata or turn left towards eleyele

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
princemillla:
Diportivo, you are such a stingy nigga.
Ow can u keep showing us ur speedo meter, roads and roads without your passenger tongue

Nice ride Bro, trust u Don land safely sha

nurey:
Some people eye sharp Sha. Or nah because I dey use phone.

No pun intended but that is what we call mountain on fire. Nah joke oooooo

oblo:
Spreads mat here.... stands up to get kokoro from kuto market..sits down again lipsrsealed

Dipo you know na..

youngice:

I think say na only me see something

See dem undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 06, 2017
I'm just completely shocked and flabbergasted that such a pristine engine bay exists in Nigeria. In fact it gives my engine bay a run for it's money.

Good job on cleanliness OP. The interior is also clean.

Talking about interior, I do believe that you're stingy to the boys here by not offering full disclosure grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Mynd44: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2017
That Abeokuta-Sokoto road has not only been abandoned but forgotten. A lot of drivers don't even know it exists.

Eruwa though, that place holds memories for me.

Your engine is so neat. Dammit! cool cool

9 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by olaolulazio(m): 6:55am On Jan 06, 2017
Op, did u meet the herdsmen on your way?

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by tunesoft(m): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2017
Mynd44:
That Abeokuta-Sokoto road has not only been abandoned but forgotten. A lot of drivers don't even know it exists.

Four though, that place holds memories for me.

Your engine is so neat. Dammit! cool cool
Really never knew such road exists....there must be a ready why it's not choice.....robbers? Bad road? Shorter routes?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by tobillionaire(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2017
good morning nairaland..... my state is really d 'gateway ' state but dem mumu government refused to tar d roads DAT can boost economic activities in d state. chai!
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Abayor7: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2017
grin

Am more interested in the boobs I can see In the last pic of the third set shocked tongue grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by fergie001: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2017
Guy,go open reality show,
Nice car sha

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by grandstar(m): 7:03am On Jan 06, 2017
I was in secondary with the son and daughter of the then ruler of your town in the 80's.

I think his name was Gbadebo. Can't really remember. He was a year my senior. A very nice guy

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by gbaskiboy: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2017
Bro! Simple trip it make sense a lot
The car clean and it makes sense
Some of the road are relatively clean and neat
Wish you accident free journey back home. Don't forget to buy me guguru oooooooo grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Government To Fix Onitsha-Owerri Road In 3 Days / Petrol Tanker Rams Into A School In Edo (Photos) / 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.