Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! (17923 Views)

Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng / 11 Questions To Ask When Renting A Property / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Tolzeal(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
if you’re planning to rent a House in Lagos,

[center][/center]

I’ve put top factors you must consider before you select you rent the house.

Are you looking for a house in a popular up and coming area? Have you considered moving to Lagos? Even if it situated in one of the most popular areas, a great number of people are yearning to live near the city.Well, If you have the resources and have decided to relocate, Lagos is definitely an excellent choice.

But every move is difficult, it is tough to find a new job and a new home, especially if you are not familiar to the place or town. To hasten your scouting to buy or rent a house in Lagos. However, you need to spend some time in doing research in order for you to find the perfect agent.

5 Things to Consider before you rent a house in Lagos:

If you’re in search of befitting new property for rent in Lagos, then you’ll understand how difficult the task is. It demands lots of effort so as not to end up with a property that is not up to standard. You really need to take time and do your homework before you spend your hard-earned money on any property.

Thus, to avoid any unfavorable situation, you need to be careful and take some details into consideration. Renting an apartment or property in Lagos entails scrutinizing some factors so that you can make the best decision.

In this article, we shall shed light on 5 factors that you need to pay attention to before you rent a house in Lagos or get an apartment for rent in Lagos

Consider The Location

This is the most important factor that you need to consider before renting any property in Lagos. Do not embark on the journey of renting a new apartment in Lagos without considering the location. You can scout around the neighborhoods that you are interested in to see properties that you can settle for. You can also browse the internet to see reviews about properties in areas of your interest. Also, you can seek the opinions of your friends and family concerning the ambiance of the location of your choice.

• Price

Once you’ve decided where you want your property or apartment to be, the next line of action is to consider the rent price range that you can afford. You need to consider how much you’re willing to pay for your new apartment. You also need to consider how much higher in price that you are willing to go and the fee that will be charged by the agent. Knowing these will go a long way in saving you from financial pitfalls.

Size of The Building

Whether you want to rent an office, an apartment or maybe you need a 2 bedroom flat in Lagos, it is important to determine the size as well as space that you need. For instance, if you want to rent a house for your family, you need to consider the number of rooms that will be suitable for your family size.

• Online Services

You can simply use these services to search for houses for rent in Lekki, apartments for rent in Lagos or properties for rent in Lagos. The services enable you to search for apartments from the comfort of your home. They are very useful for those with tight schedule. Nigeriapropertycentre is one of the online platforms that can be used for this purpose.

• Defects In The Property

It will be disheartening to move into an apartment only to discover that there are defects which you didn’t notice. Thus, if you’re searching for apartments or properties for rent in Lagos, it is important to check for cracks on the wall, inspect the pipes, check the roofs to ensure that they are not leaking, and inspect the toilet, doors and windows. Ensure that any form of defect is fixed before you move in.

In conclusion, try to be moderate in your requirements to avoid being duped by fraudulent agents. You also need to familiarize yourself with the rates in the areas of your choice.

Property Tips Culled from : http://realestateko.com/rent-a-house-in-lagos/
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by micgray100(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
My FTC in 6 years I join Nairaland..
Ope ooooo shocked...

Meanwhile.. Register your Limited Liability Company for just 85k within a period of 7 working days..

Check my trend on my signature.. And see commendations of fellow Nairalanders I av previously worked for. 07032728941

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by koxi: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
OK. But I was seriously expecting something different from what the op specified Sha.
Those are the thing you'd consider naturally if you're looking for a rented apartment anywhere naa! !!

Shuo what's this shocked

13 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by dljbd1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
g
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by chigodo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
Good job. Online services dealt with me badly.
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by luscioustrish(f): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
koxi:
OK. But I was seriously expecting something different from what the op specified Sha.
Those are the thing you'd consider naturally if you're looking for a rented apartment anywhere naa! !!

Shuo what's this shocked

Lol...the IDGAF crew are coming.
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by buygala(m): 1:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
6- Nepa Bills....unless you are moving in with your own private power source, it is very important to ascertain the payment status of PHCN meters on the building, before you move into your dream aprtment and find out that the past tenants have left you with inheritance of hundreds of thousands of naira in unpaid bills, and the PHCN office insists you have to service the debt if you wanna have light... in that situation, you may end up spending more on light bills than you even paid for the apartment, since PHCN hardly ever completely writes off debt smiley

Even if it's a card meter that the apartment uses, it's important you make sure the meter hasn't been bypassed. ..meaning light comes into the building but not reading on the meter.... the penalty for bypassing PHCN meters is 50k flat, before they even start calculating the amount of light used dubiously by the apartment's occupants sad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Greedgod: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
The ajebutter's thread

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Okundaye4(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
NOTED!
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by davodyguy: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
micgray100:
Ope ooooo shocked...

Meanwhile.. Register your Limited Liability Company for just 85k within a period of 7 working days..

Check my trend on my signature.. And see commendations of fellow Nairalanders I av previously worked for. 07032728941
Tell me the value it adds to your life.

I just made some millions in today 5/1/2017 and did have to post on Nairaland to do it. More to come withing the next 360 days

Get a life guy

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by free2ryhme: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Also consider nearness to market so u don't travel to buy one nylon of tomatoes everyday

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by free2ryhme: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Consider the distance from your work place ooo

If u want to pay for transport or traffic condition

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by free2ryhme: 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
Consider the type of house you want to rent too
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by free2ryhme: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
micgray100:
Ope ooooo shocked...

Seriously, how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by lakeside30: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
no 4 .make an enquiry about the history of the house grin,

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by ItzHoludex(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
op d road also, if there is a good road to d place
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by blackmartial(m): 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
better check the house during the raining season before rental

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by prestige24: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
Its now easier, faster and efficient to search available properties for rent online than it was in the past..
e.g sites include jiji. ng , efritin, etc..

If you're resident in Port Harcourt, contact Prestige property consultants for available properties for rent, purchase, etc.
Call/Whatsapp :08027175755
We are tested and verified.
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by koxi: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
luscioustrish:

Lol...the IDGAF crew are coming.

grin

Make dem come.
We dey wait!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by micgray100(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
free2ryhme:

Seriously, how old are you?

I am 32 years old.. Anymore question?

Grow up...

God bless our hustles. ..
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by micgray100(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
davodyguy:

Tell me the value it adds to your life.

I just made some millions in today 5/1/2017 and did have to post on Nairaland to do it. More to come withing the next 360 days

Get a life guy

Thank God you made 1 million in 1 day.. It iw the lord's doing not your might.. God bless our hustles...

Wont mind help from you.
My account detail is..
GTBank..0036162254..Onakomaya Adegbenga..

God bless you..

Will comment and thank you here...

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Opinionated: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Lagos Rent to Own scheme looks good http://www.opinions.ng/need-know-lagos-state-rent-scheme/. Looks attractive than just renting without end.
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Sanuzi(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
noted
Tolzeal:

[center][/center]

Are you looking for a house in a popular up and coming area? Have you considered moving to Lagos? Even if it situated in one of the most popular areas, a great number of people are yearning to live near the city.Well, If you have the resources and have decided to relocate, Lagos is definitely an excellent choice.

But every move is difficult, it is tough to find a new job and a new home, especially if you are not familiar to the place or town. To hasten your scouting to buy or rent a house in Lagos. However, you need to spend some time in doing research in order for you to find the perfect agent.

If you’re in search of befitting new property for rent in Lagos, then you’ll understand how difficult the task is. It demands lots of effort so as not to end up with a property that is not up to standard. You really need to take time and do your homework before you spend your hard-earned money on any property.

Thus, to avoid any unfavorable situation, you need to be careful and take some details into consideration. Renting an apartment or property in Lagos entails scrutinizing some factors so that you can make the best decision.

In this article, we shall shed light on 5 factors that you need to pay attention to before you rent a house in Lagos or get an apartment for rent in Lagos

Consider The Location

This is the most important factor that you need to consider before renting any property in Lagos. Do not embark on the journey of renting a new apartment in Lagos without considering the location. You can scout around the neighborhoods that you are interested in to see properties that you can settle for. You can also browse the internet to see reviews about properties in areas of your interest. Also, you can seek the opinions of your friends and family concerning the ambiance of the location of your choice.

• Price

Once you’ve decided where you want your property or apartment to be, the next line of action is to consider the rent price range that you can afford. You need to consider how much you’re willing to pay for your new apartment. You also need to consider how much higher in price that you are willing to go and the fee that will be charged by the agent. Knowing these will go a long way in saving you from financial pitfalls.

Size of The Building

Whether you want to rent an office, an apartment or maybe you need a 2 bedroom flat in Lagos, it is important to determine the size as well as space that you need. For instance, if you want to rent a house for your family, you need to consider the number of rooms that will be suitable for your family size.

• Online Services

You can simply use these services to search for houses for rent in Lekki, apartments for rent in Lagos or properties for rent in Lagos. The services enable you to search for apartments from the comfort of your home. They are very useful for those with tight schedule. Nigeriapropertycentre is one of the online platforms that can be used for this purpose.

It will be disheartening to move into an apartment only to discover that there are defects which you didn’t notice. Thus, if you’re searching for apartments or properties for rent in Lagos, it is important to check for cracks on the wall, inspect the pipes, check the roofs to ensure that they are not leaking, and inspect the toilet, doors and windows. Ensure that any form of defect is fixed before you move in.

In conclusion, try to be moderate in your requirements to avoid being duped by fraudulent agents. You also need to familiarize yourself with the rates in the areas of your choice.

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by free2ryhme: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
micgray100:

I am 32 years old.. Anymore question?

Grow up...

God bless our hustles. ..

Wow, so children still make such comments?
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by lightheart(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Also, ask to see the last phcn bill, in case they ain't using pre-paid.
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by micgray100(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
free2ryhme:

Wow, so children still make such comments?

Pray you leave long.. Child's Play..
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by indsstudy: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
hj

Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by willibounce1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Tolzeal:

[center][/center]

Consider The Location

• Price

Size of The Building

• Online Services

Most important thing is for water t running 24/7 else you go fetch water tire
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
For easy acess of houses to let/buy. Anywhere in Nigeria. Simply visit naijapropertyboard..com
Re: Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! by valensugar: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
Okay I think I will take note of all the above mentioned

(1) (Reply)

See What The New Lagos Tenancy Law Says. Full Text / The New Phase Of Hillcrest Estate Sabon Lugbe, Abuja. Be A Landlord Now! / Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.