Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo (778 Views)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Breaking: Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife, Chanel Chin / "Adewale Akanbi Engages In Yahoo Yahoo, Uses Palace As Cover Up" - Oluwo-Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo by meglith(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
The Oluwo Oke of Iwo Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye, has withdrawn the case he  instituted against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, before the Osun State Magistrates’ Court. 

Oba Adeoye confirmed the withdrawal of the case to our correspondent  on the telephone on Thursday.

With this, the case is expected to be struck out tomorrow Friday which is the next adjourned date but the Magistrate, Mr. Olusola Aluko, has vowed  to see the case of contempt against the Oluwo to the end. 

The monarch said he decided to withdraw, the case following several appeals from prominent persons from within and outside the state.

He said, “It is true that I have withdrawn the case. I had to do that to honour prominent personalities, who have been begging me to do so. The governor also intervened and some notable people in the country.

“These are the people, who God has given this country to and it will look as if I have an ulterior motive if I insist on going ahead with the case.”

Oba Kadiri had accused the Oluwo of sponsoring hoodlums, who vandalised his shopping complex among sundry criminal allegations. 

Governor Rauf Aregbesola  had on Tuesday at an inter-religious service held to commence  the New Year made a veiled appeal to the Oluwo Oke to drop the case. 

Aregbesola said, ” Oluwo Oke, Awo ni n gba  ‘wo nigbowo. B’ awo ‘o ba  gba ‘wo ni gbowo, awo a te.” 

The Yoruba adage means that the initiated ones do assist one another if not they would be subjected to ridicule. 

The governor repeated this for about four times and the Oluwo Oke later went to give the governor a piece of paper after which the governor said the monarch had acceded to his demand. 

source: www.punchng.com

Re: BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo by tafabaloo(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
Well, don't really know what to comment but would have loved the king to be subjected to court trial , since he felt he was above the law and can't be summoned to appear before a 'mere' magistrate.

Anyway, he just blew off his chances of convincing someone like me that he was never a yahoo yahoo king.
Re: BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
angry
Re: BREAKING: Oluwo Oke Withdraws Case Against Oluwo by Yorubaangel(m): 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
owo ti kan owo... The yahoo king and his accuser are both disgrace to their respective throne... #jatijati

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mind Power: The Healing Power Of Positive Thinking / 10 Unbelievable And Shocking Facts About Nigeria Today / Why Is There A Tomb And Shrine For Uthman Don Fodio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.