Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,621 members, 7,781,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 07:18 AM

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (699629 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2017
They did not call me because they did not want to serve me the delicious food, but I thank God, I eventually know. Please, let me pit my tent here as I will enjoy another creative art.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Babsopey(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2017
Angelinastto:

lol Am great bro! How have you been. Me am vexing o

Vex ke, don't vex for your brother o. "Iku lo meja kako" (na death make fish bend). I am fine my dear. Sorry ehn, sebi you no vex again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by MYJIST(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2017
suspense.... wow... nice

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by MzzAmiable(f): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2017
Creeza:
lol uptill now? cheesy

Yeah sure... I am serious

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by MzzAmiable(f): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks for the Dedication

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Creeza(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2017
Hmm, something has happpened. Pami , sorry u hear!
Rachealfst thanks for the dedication, honestly I dont support Abortion... Well fuvck happens in life.

Mzzamiable, gv me a chance to make it up to you! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by MzzAmiable(f): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Creeza:
Hmm, something has happpened. Pami , sorry u hear!

Rachealfst thanks for the dedication,
honestly I dont support Abortion... Well fuvck happens in life.

Mzzamiable, gv me a chance to make it up to you! smiley

I am waiting

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by RolaDiva(f): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
Tife101:
Yippee!!! Madam Rachael don start another one. Pamilerin is pregnant. No doubt. I don't really think Tunde loves her jae. He doesn't have to pressurize her so as to succumb to his will. If he actually claim he love her, he should have waited till their wedding night.

Nice Storyline tho.

Thanks for the mention ma'am.

Na so e easy...Do you have a bf sha
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Khemz21(f): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nice work sis. Enjoying the story so far.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by RolaDiva(f): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
I came here to sell popcorn o.... grin .....am enjoying this...

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Iya oni pop corn, give me 50 naira own,pls, let the epa (groundnut) be much in it and get me 2sachet water.
RolaDiva:

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by oluwatymylehyn(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
She's back with another mind-blowing and very interesting story. I was in a delirium of joy when I saw this story this very morning because it's coming from a meticulous writer who has carved a niche for herself doing the job she has always wanted to do. I'm glad you mentioned me, I'm much obliged to you. You're writing skills are innate and unrivalled. Keep it up, keep firing on all cylinders. The story has already made my day, even before nightfall.

4 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Missmossy(f): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
Eww dangers of premarital sex embarassed. Thanks for the dedication rachealfst. More wisdom and strength to you dear. @ Tunde and Pamilerin when love turns sour. Eager to know what happened.

3 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Tnx for d update too sis av a nice wkend too tomorrow is my day oo

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Wow! I'm lovin ds. Frm d way i'm envisagin ds, ds is goin 2 b way beta dan ur first story. I luv ds, its da bomb

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
harameede99:
ds ur bday announcement don dey be like Buhari Obituary announcement...
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Atayis:
They did not call me because they did not want to serve me the delicious food, but I thank God, I eventually know. Please, let me pit my tent here as I will enjoy another creative art.
Welcome to the thread, thanks. Please Enjoy!
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
MYJIST:
suspense.... wow... nice
Thanks for following.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
RolaDiva:
Hi sis, how market? please share the popcorn. Atayis will pay.lol
Thanks for following....

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Dapo97(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
diz story is damn interrsting..3 gbosas 4 U..Kip it up lady..
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
Khemz21:
Nice work sis. Enjoying the story so far.
Thanks sweetheart....*smile*
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
oluwatymylehyn:
She's back with another mind-blowing and very interesting story. I was in a delirium of joy when I saw this story this very morning because it's coming from a meticulous writer who has carved a niche for herself doing the job she has always wanted to do. I'm glad you mentioned me, I'm much obliged to you. You're writing skills are innate and unrivalled. Keep it up, keep firing on all cylinders. The story has already made my day, even before nightfall.
Tada! See who we have here! Hi tymy, I really miss you. Thanks so much for your support. God bless you.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by firstking01(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
rachealfst:

Dedication:

teel123, Creeza, Missmossy, billynoni, swann, Angelinastto, KissChrix, Chumzypinky, Tife101, olatex25, Babsopey, harameede99, Sandydayziz, yusufibrahim, MzzAmiable, pelumee15

Episode 5
The next day came, I prayed to the God my mother serves that morning in tears because I did not have the nerve to refer to him as my God at that moment knowing what I’m up to. I also prayed for my mother. I called her full name in my prayer.

“Abigail Oluwadbunmi Isaac, o ni foju sukun omo, Ina omo oni jo e loruko Jesu”
Meaning:
(Abigail Oluwabunmi Isaac, you we not weep over your child and You won’t loose any of your children
)

I felt that prayer needed to be said in my language.

We set out with no hospital in mind. We saw a hospital and decided to try it. We are about to enter the gate and something stopped me. I tried to take another step but its like there’s a force pulling me back. Right there I knew it was a sign.

“Tunde! I’m not setting my foot inside this hospital, let’s check out another one”

He looked at me and he was like what’s going on.

“What’s wrong with this one nau, let’s go in first and make enquiries”

“No, I said firmy. My spirit is against this hospital”

We continued our search and came across another hospital and we decided to give it a try.

We entered into the hospital, I walked up to one of the Nurses at the reception and told her I wanted to see a doctor.

She brought out a form for me to fill. I filled it and gave it back to her.

She told me to go back to the reception to sit that the doctor will call me in.
I joined Tunde at the reception, some minutes later, I was called.

I entered the doctor’s office with Tunde. We exchanged greetings. He asked me some questions including why I wanted the abortion and I gave my answers.
He discovered I was a student and She asked for my School ID card which I showed him.

He told me I’m going to take another pregnancy test which I did. He directed me to the hospitals laboratory.

Deep down within me, I was hoping the result will come out negative, that is the only thing that can put a stop to this nightmare, but unfortunately the result came out positive.

An hour later, we were back in his office with the result.

He checked the result and documented it, he also wrote down somethings on the case note.

“Are you responsible for the pregnancy?” he asked facing Tunde.

“Yes sir” he answered.

“Did you agree to the evacuation?”The doctor asked

“Yes sir, it was our decision” he replied

The doctor brought out a form and gave it to him”

“You have to feel this consent form, which will serve as an evidence that you agree to the whole process”

“I just told you I did”

The doctor smiled. “You know we have heard of some cases of guys who sued hospitals for aborting there babies without their consent. So you see there must be a proper documentation”

Tunde nodded and filled the consent form. The doctor gave us the bill and told us to go and pay to the cashier. The fee was quite expensive. It’s a big hospital, so I already envisaged this.

“This is too much” he said as soon as we step out of the doctor’s office”

“Seriously! So you would have preferred we go to a quack ehn? See I won’t let you ruin my life, if anything happens in the future, you will look for an alternative” I said giving him a scornful look. To be sincere I’m beginning to hate him.

“Wait! Where is that coming from?”

I ignored him, I went to the cashier and paid. I already withdraw enough money from the ATM machine that morning.
After the payment, I was told to sit in the waiting room beside the OR( operating room)

I was there alone. I called my cousin and told her my plight just in case anything happen to me. I told her the name of the hospital and all she needed to know.

The doctor called me into the OR, I saw the instruments on the table and ran out.

“ I can’t do this” I cried

He asked one of the nurses to call my boyfriend. He came and encouraged me but I was scared. The doctors decided to give me anesthesia to put me to sleep.

Hours later, I woke up. I saw my boyfriend, doctor and two of the nurses staring at me. They were all sweating profusely despite the fact that the air condition is on. I look at Tunde’s eyes, they were red, its like he has been crying.

What’s going on here” I asked, terrified.

Have a Wonderful Weekend
Nice article...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Wow! I'm lovin ds. Frm d way i'm envisagin ds, ds is goin 2 b way beta dan ur first story. I luv ds, its da bomb
That you ma'am. Like you said......I'm glad I'm improving. Thanks for following.*hug*
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:

ds ur bday announcement don dey be like Buhari Obituary announcement...
hehe no vex ma i jst luv it wen i get thousands of wishes frm frnds it always blow my mind
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
harameede99:
hehe no vex ma i jst luv it wen i get thousands of wishes frm frnds it always blow my mind
lol
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dapo97:
diz story is damn interrsting..3 gbosas 4 U..Kip it up lady..
I'm glad you like it, thanks for following.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
harameede99:
You too dear, Happy birthday in advance. Where's the venue.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Shakyroh320(f): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
av a great weekend too dear.Pls we are expecting nyt update madam
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ikombe: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2017
Observing Thread from afar angry angry
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dedication:
Atayis, MYJIST, RolaDiva, Khemz21, oluwatymylehyn, Dapo97

Episode 6

“We haven’t done the procedure yet” the doctor said

“Why? I remembered you put me to sleep”

“You reacted to the anesthesia we gave you. We were able to resuscitate you after two good hours”

I now remembered everything I saw when I was asleep, it was all like a dream. I saw myself waving at my Parents, siblings and I was begging my boyfriend to go and tell my parents what happened to me. Meaning I almost die indeed.
I silently thank God for sparing my life.

At the end of the day, the abortion has to be done without any anesthesia. It was so painful, I screamed, I cried.

My boyfriend was there all through, he held my hand tried to calm me down. To be candid I gave everyone in the O R a tough time. Some minutes later, the doctor was through.

He left while the Nurses handle the rest. One of the Nurses was so nice to me, while the other one gave him a scornful look, I get the message she was passing across.

I know in her mind she would have given me many names like slut, LovePeddler, fornicator and murderer I guess. She’s free to judge me, she can call be anything but I’m very sure she’s not better than me.

The kind Nurse advice me to be very careful next time.

She told me guys are not really worth all this pains they put us through, she said they are like birds and they can fly away anytime.

She also said if my boyfriend insist on not using protection then I should zip up. She gave me all the advice she would give her own younger sister, she even gave me her number to call if anything comes up although she prayed there won’t be complications. I thanked her whole heartedly.

I was made to relax for some time before leaving. I was giving antibiotics and some analgesics. I joined Tunde at the reception and we left the hospital.

We got back to my boyfriend’s place, he prepared food and hot beverage, I couldn’t eat but I took the hot beverage. My cousin called and I told her I was back from the hospital. She wanted to come over but I told her it’s not necessary that I’ll be fine.

An hour later, the show began. I started bleeding. The bleeding was so much that I used 2 packs of sanitary pad in less than two hours. We were both scared to death.

I remembered the kind nurse gave me her phone number. I called her and she told me it’s normal for now, she told me the kind of pad to use not the regular ones and she also told to get some drugs. I called the names out while Tunde jotted it down. She told me to keep her posted.

Tunde rush down to a nearby stores and bought lots of sanitary pads and the drugs.

I couldn’t eat and I’m getting weak, He forced me to take the energy drinks he bought for me. I took it and vomitted on the floor.

I saw all the stressed Tunde went through and I had no choice than to pity him. He washed all my soiled clothes, stained bed spreads, he washed the toilets and made sure the room was cleaned.

“Well done” I said to him when he was through with the washing”

“Thank you. And I’m sorry for putting you through all this” he said with all sincerity.
I nodded.

I was indoor for a whole week bleeding the first three days was terrible, I thought would not make it.

The good thing is that our faculty had a one week exhibition and they declared the week lecture free. So I didn’t get to miss lectures that week. After 10 days the flow stooped. I saw hell, it was an awful experience.

My boyfriend stood by me all through and the hatred I had for him vanished slowly. I shouldn’t punish him for our mistake.

After the flow stopped and I was strong enough. I packed my things and left Tunde’s place, no more cohabitation. He did not even bother to convince me to stay. He knew my mind was made up.

I got back to my place, he actually followed me and help me clean up my room. He makes sure I was OK before he left.

That night, I wanted to pray but I couldn’t, I felt God will slap me if I dare to call him. I couldn’t even open my mouth to ask God for forgiveness.

Something kept disturbing my peace. My conscience was telling me “You know if you die now or rapture happens, you know you are going straight to hell”

After some days I found the courage to pray, I prayed for forgiveness but I couldn’t forgive myself. I killed an harmless child, that baby suppose to be my first child, but I denied it the right to live.

I live with the guilt everyday. I refuse to go to church, thinking God will strike me down if I dare to enter his house. I gave them some excuses in church.

I was in my room alone one Sunday morning, since I’m still scared of going to church I only listened to messages on radio.
The message talk about forgiveness. I cried after I had the message.

From that message I realized that God had already forgiven me all I need to do is to forgive myself.

The message really helped me moved on with my life. I started attending church afterwards and I felt normal again.

#We cannot embrace God’s forgiveness if we are so busy clinging to past wounds# - T.D Jakes

The following week, Joy came from her own school to check on me. I already told her on phone they I’m fine, but she still insisted in seeing me with my own eyes. She was happy to see move back into my room. She’s never liked the idea of cohabitating.

I resumed lectures, all my class mate accused us for not coming for the exhibition. We lied that we traveled. Everything was back to normal again.

For months I was on my own, I mean I never allowed Tunde touch me. I told him to give me time because I realized I feared se.x more than anything else. and he respected my opinion. He said he’ll wait till i come around.

TBC

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
rachealfst:
You too dear, Happy birthday in advance. Where's the venue.
room 3 u cn ask creeza or adeshina 12 for directions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

My Husband......... / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>>

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.