Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,491 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:27 PM

Harvard Business Review (HBR) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Harvard Business Review (HBR) (536 Views)

Mohammed Indimi Delivers Speech At Harvard University; Has No Formal Education / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / Folorunso Alakija Speaks At Harvard University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harvard Business Review (HBR) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Interested in Leadership/Management tips?

You can get monthly issues (e-copies) of Harvard business review. starting with dec 2016 issue for just N2,000

i will be updating the thread when i get new issues.

you can contact me on ifolee@gmail.com or ifolee@yahoo.com for details.
Re: Harvard Business Review (HBR) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Management tip of the day from hbr

Don’t Make Your Stressed-Out Colleague More Stressed Out

When we see a coworker at their limit, we want to help. But even when our intentions are good, we can make things worse. This is a time when it pays to be careful with your words and know what not to say. Avoid talking about yourself and past situations when you dealt with stress. When someone is at their wit’s end, they don’t want to hear about your trials; they’re too focused on their own. Be careful not to minimize their situation. Don’t say things like: “Don’t worry about it,” “That’s nothing,” “You’re exaggerating,” or “Get over it.” Instead, say, “You can handle this,” and offer an example of a time they were able to bounce back from a tough situation. Then ask them, “What would help?” If the reply is “nothing” or “I don’t know,” sit quietly for 15 seconds (the length of time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” in your head.) This quiet time could help them come up with their own solutions. The goal isn’t to cure someone’s stress, but to help them lessen it in the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Patners Needed Nationwide!!! / Where Can One Learn Social Media Marketing Online / Statistician Urgently Needed To Take A Test For Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.