Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com (11664 Views)

Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria / Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka / Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Kingstel(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
[img]https://3.bp..com/-bxV9arSd-2M/WG7Azk0gNwI/AAAAAAAAATE/3L4TRnFbcNMLwVs7Um0jV5p01P3Q8lDKACLcB/s1600/HOW%2BTO%2BGET%2BRECRUITERS%25E2%2580%2599%2BATTENTION%2BWHEN%2BAPPLYING%2BFOR%2BJOBS%2BBY%2BE-MAIL.jpg[/img]

Ever applied for some jobs with no sign of either they reached the right office or your applications were impressive? If you answered in the affirmative, then you are not alone. This is what necessitated this write-up by Vineck.com (warning: It is NOT recommended to EVERYBODY!). If you truly desire to check how well your applications are henceforth, then it is important to change your approach in ensuring you get the attention of the Human Resource (HR) personnel in the recruiting firms (I am not referring to automatic acknowledgement upon submission of applications, but a real person communicating back to you live).

Why is This Important?

It is no longer news that good jobs are very hard to find these days. No thanks to the high rate of employment; and don’t forget that it is a global problem. But how a country manages her employment issues differs (this is a topic for another day). Vineck.com learnt that unemployment problems are worse in many African countries as it has been said to be mainly responsible the incessant crime occurrences with some so petty like the theft of a cup of rice, salt, sugar and so on.
As usual, applicants are always in their thousands with everyone struggling to get the recruiters’ attention. Like Vineck.com for being exceptional amongst other blogs in less than 100 days in operation, one of the wisest things to do is to stand out; and this is the essence of this piece as you will come to know soon.

So, how Do I Get the HR Attention by E-mail?

One of the toughest tasks for any Human Resource personnel is finding the best applicant(s). The more applications received, the more cumbersome it becomes. That is why it is VERY wrong to send in your CV without any 2 or 3 short sentences, or even paragraphs as the case may be. It is vital to emphasize here that the sentences/paragraphs written must address the specified job requirements in a convincing way; and stating why you are the best for the job.

And now, to the crux of the matter. This is a simple concept of doing the unusual in a rather professional way. To be brief, you just have to intentionally LEAVE OUT your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in your application. I mean you should not add your Curriculum Vitae (CV) despite stating in your application letter/message that, as the common norms: “My CV has been attached for their perusal.”
This will make the recruiter to reply your application telling you to attach your CV. Most recruiters - Vineck.com authoritatively gathered - know that your first application without the CV attached could be a result of poor network, and not actually your fault (fear not!).

Let me stop here. Did you get the lesson?

Copied from:
http://www.vineck.com/2017/01/how-to-get-recruiters-attention-when.html

5 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by littlewonders: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
A senator should make a call on your behalf.

13 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Bayhaqqi: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
iz it for nigerian recruiterz ..?

7 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by nmreports: 6:08am On Jan 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Ndkings1(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2017
thanks for your advice or may i say tips. but i can not do that.....i wont take that risk because most of these recruiters are looking for the slightest excuse to disqualify you

23 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Applying for a job through mail without attaching my CV? Errrrrrrr .... I do not think that is a risk I want to take. Most recruiters receive hundred of applications per second for just one vacancy, I'm sure they would gladly overlook receiving more mails from anyone who goofs attaching his or her CV. At least, that is something I know I would do. grin

Lastmumu

20 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Galaxie: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2017
It will take a miracle for a Nigerian recruiter to contact you. Not when he has thousands of option to choose from. Unless people that applied for the job is very few
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by nonstan(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2017
lol, no try this for Nigerian recruiters, they will tag you as unserious and nonchalant

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Benjom(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2017
First, I commend you for coming up with this unique idea but it's success would certainly be location-dependent. The competition is very stiff here and one therefore needs to tread softly. I'll rather advise that such applicant should write a compelling Cover Letter (serves as the body of your mail) while he attaches his CV. The idea may work in Europe or North America but certainly not in Nigeria. Even if you're successful with that approach and unfortunately for you, your CV and Cover Letter are nothing to write home about, what would you do?

In need of outstanding CV Template or Cover Letter? View some samples:

http://.com/ms-word-editable-cv-format/

http://.com/how-write-exceptional-cover-letter/
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2017
Our nigerian recruiters wey dey behave like wetin I no know.. U need prayers for dem to look at ur letters
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 06, 2017
OYO... grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by ttemmi(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2017
Should this OP be a Nigerian, he is a practical joker.

6 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by DonCortino: 7:29am On Jan 06, 2017
LastMumu:
Applying for a job through mail without attaching my CV? Errrrrrrr .... I do not think that is a risk I want to take. Most recruiters receive hundred of applications per second for just one vacancy, I'm sure they would gladly overlook receiving more mails from anyone who goofs attaching his or her CV.

Gbam! Make the op dey dia de decieve himself. He think say here na yankee.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by espionage48(m): 7:35am On Jan 06, 2017
All these bloggers and their fake job tips..I wonder if they really apply these their cock and bull tips yet most of them are still applying for job in the labour market.. if you don't know what to post,don't post balderdash in the name of tips thereby deceiving job seekers

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by ndidibabe(f): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2017
The OP is retarded.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Jossyroyal1: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
Am going to give that a trial... There's no harm in trying...
Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Justiyke4u: 7:42am On Jan 06, 2017
Op have you heard the word "negligence"?

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by vickylincon(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2017
First time... I don't give a f ...
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by aopp: 7:45am On Jan 06, 2017
@ Op

Thanks for taking ur time to do the write-up but we are sorry, ko le werk !!!

lol ; grin
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by donborg(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2017
selfish scammer

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2017
Vineck. . . For Naija wey we dey, kolewerk. . .
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by suyamasta(m): 8:11am On Jan 06, 2017
Na automatic disqualification be dat o!
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by andymofia(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2017
this is an assumption. Some recruiters can be crazy. Failing to attach your CV will make it easy for them to disqualify you. It's not just one person that does the sorting so, woe betide you, yours fall in the hands of a crazy staff, he'll just be like "this mumu sef cannot attach ordinary CV, is that how he will work here?" the next thing is to trash you application.

Just do the right thing, if you are the right person for the job, you will get it.
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by free2ryhme: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2017
Leave your CV out of the application with the hope you will be replied to attach your CV?

This is the most stupid online advise ever

4 Likes

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by eesdee: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2017
Don't even try this in Nigeria, they don't have your time
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by kayodeadeniji2(m): 8:49am On Jan 06, 2017
The recruiters will simply say, the candidate lacks 'attention to details ability'. And that may give them the first reason to disqualify the candidate.
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2017
My friend did this some weeks ago, and having an interesting cover sentence, he was asked to attach his CV as they noticed it wasn't attached and since then, he has been communicating with the MD himself. He did well in the interview BTW.
It works if you package yourself/words well. They would want to know more.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by slap1(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2017
So the HR will send an email to ask for your CV because you are who? undecided
Re: How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com by Kingstel(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2017
This makes me glad. cheesy

I am also a living witness; not once or twice. tongue

You just did the summary of this piece. wink
Warning: it's NOT for EVERYONE!!!

SlimBrawnie:
My friend did this some weeks ago, and having an interesting cover sentence, he was asked to attach his CV as they noticed it wasn't attached and since then, he has been communicating with the MD himself. He did well in the interview BTW.
It works if you package yourself/words well. They would want to know more.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power: How To Exit The Program / Npower: What Account Validity Means / How To Make Money Online As A Freelance Writer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.