Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (24754 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2009
Assalaamu alaikum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu,
Here comes another Eid-ul-adha.
On behalf of the entire Muslim ummah of Nairaland, I say eid mubarak to everybody.
Let us use this period to reflect on our past and think of ways of improving our deen.
Let's not forget to fast on Arafah day as the best of mankind, Prophet Muhammad(SAW) advised us.

I appreciate the support of everybody even as I have been very busy these days. The section has been less violent compared to some years and even months back, thanks to your cooperation.

We pray almighty Allah make us witness many more eids on earth, in good health and improved deen.

Jarus,

2 Likes

Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by posakosa(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2009
Ma leh kum salaam
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by muhsin(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2009
One to you.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by fizzybaba(m): 10:48am On Nov 23, 2009
and to you too,
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by zayhal(f): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh. Eid mubarak mubarak, all.

It's been so long I visited Nairaland that i didn't even know that jarus is now the moderator.

i have a qst pls. If one is in a town where onky the Ahmadiyyah group offer the eid prayer, can one pray behind them? Please note that many circumstances prevent this person from travelling to th net town to pray.

jazakumullah khayran. I'd appreciate answers with evidences.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by deols(f): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
Wa alykm salam wa rahmatullah wabarakatuh,

This is to remind every1 not to 4get the Sunnah aspect of Eid that includes
. The shaving of pubic hair b4 Eid
. Cutting of nails
. Ghusl
. The saying of Praises to and from the Eid ground(Allahu akbaruallahuAkbarullahuAkbar,
. Wearing of your best Clothe
. Leaving the Eid ground from a different Route
. Not eating before Eid

May the almighty Allah make it easy for us and grant us all the benefits therein.
Make Some1 happy this EID!
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
Barka da sallah to all muslims on nairaland,nigeria & worldwide.,wishing them api celebration and to mukina2 as well
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Igwe9(m): 10:09am On Nov 26, 2009
happy sallah to y'all!
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by mukina2: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2009
Eid Mubarak to all NL muslims and muslims world wide.

May the Mercy & Blessing's of the Almighty be with you, your family, and friends during this auspicious Eid Blessings Day and continue to be with you always, and May Allah  accept all our duas, Amin

May your year ahead continue to be filled with good health and prosperity, and May you have a Joyous and Spirited Eid with all your dear ones, including people of all faiths and humanity, filled with Love, Peace, and Happiness. smiley Eku Odun smiley
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by IbrahimB: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2009
i have a qst pls. If one is in a town where onky the Ahmadiyyah group offer the eid prayer, can one pray behind them? Please note that many circumstances prevent this person from travelling to th net town to pray.

Many scholars don't regard the Ahmadiyyah as muslims. This is because they believe that there was another prophet after the Prophet (SAW). In any case the Eid is a sunnah (not a fard) if I'm not mistaken, so you are not compelled to observe it in this circumstance. If you wish, you can observe the Eid at home with family.

Stay blessed.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Donpuk(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
Allahu Akbar,Allahu Akbar,Allahu Akbar,Allahu Akbar.
Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah.
Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah.
Ash hadu an-na Muhanmadar rasulul lah.
Ash hadu an-na Muhanmadar rasulul lah.
Hayya' alas salah,
Hayya' alas salah,
Hayaa' alal falah,
Hayaa' alal falah,
Allahu-Akbar,
Allahu-Akbar,
La ilaha illal lah,
Amin, ,.

1 Like

Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2009
zayhal:

It's been so long I visited Nairaland that i didn't even know that jarus is now the moderator.

Salam my sis in Islam.
It is not permissible to observe your solat behind a kaafir (i.e an unbeliever).
The Ahmadis are regarded as non-Muslims because of the fault in their Aqeedah that Muhammad (A.S.) is not the last Prophet.
The world Muslim league in Makkah and prominent scholars in the globe has reached a consensus that they are not Muslims and d organisation is an anti-islamic one dat is being sponsored by the British and the West 2 cause confusion in Islam. Infact, The Ahmadis are have being banned from entering the Holy city 2 perform Hajj.  So u don't  have the right 2 pray behind them nor will they even pray behind u.
All u shd do now is to look 4 another location where there are true Muslims and observe your eid with them, If u are unable 2 find one, stay in ur house, Allah shall reward u based on ur intentions.
Eid Mubaarak.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by olalekan1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
Odun a yabo
ma salam
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2009
Sallam to you all.

Wey my ram dey?
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2009
back to sender!!!
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by muhsin(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2009
OMO IBO:

Sallam to you all.

Wey my ram dey?

Market. grin
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by adedre(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2009
greetins 2 all muslim in d house

I say barika dey s
Ranks007:

back to sender!!!
[color=#990000][/color]halla

Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by adedre(m): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2009
Don puk
whatz up

Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Donpuk(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2009
@adedre:am good broda.Thanks 4d beautiful card.Rainkadede!
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Smi1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2009
Ram meat suppose dey involve as the greetings dey go on !! abi wetin enu think ? :=)
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by IbrahimB: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2009
@law- Calling the ahmadi kufar is improper and can result to lose of iman the same thing with the shiite muslim.  According to my own view if there is no other praying ground than the ahmadi site then he has no option than to pray there, Allah said in the Quran that there is no burden upon every soul

"Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope" Q 2: 286

No Abuzola999.

There is divergent opinion on the status of the Eid, the view of Imam Malik is that it is a strongly recommended sunnah http://islamqa.com/en/ref/48983.

The interpretation of the verse is that when there is difficulty preventing a person discharging an obligation, Allah does not burden him with that obligation.

The option of following an Ahmadi in salah is not an alternative (once his aqeedah becomes apparent to you).

So even if the Eid is a fard (and not a strongly recommended sunnah), Allah will not require it of you if the only Eid ground is of an Ahmadi just as it won't be required of you if you have to undertake a very difficult journey in order to observe the prayer.

The verse you quoted does not support your verdict because you say ",  he has no option but to pray there" while the verse says there is. The verse was revealed to ease matters for muslims and not make them difficult.

The status of ahmadis is well discussed among scholars and I do not wish to raise controversies at this period of celebration.

Happy Eid everyone smiley

PS
----
The poster is a lady; some scholars are of the view that though it is highly recommended for ladies to observe the eid prayer, it is not compulsory.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by bandely(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
OMO IBO:

Sallam to you all.

Wey my ram dey?
Your RAM dey inside you computer na! cheesy
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by IbrahimB: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2009
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by bestbiz: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2009
and to you also,
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by illusion2: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
deols:

Wa alykm salam wa rahmatullah wabarakatuh,

This is to remind every1 not to 4get the Sunnah aspect of Eid that includes
. The shaving of pubic hair b4 Eid
. Cutting of nails
. Ghusl
. The saying of Praises to and from the Eid ground(Allahu akbaruallahuAkbarullahuAkbar,
. Wearing of your best Clothe
. Leaving the Eid ground from a different Route
. Not eating before Eid

May the almighty Allah make it easy for us and grant us all the benefits therein.
Make Some1 happy this EID!
This is religion section na ? undecided
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by IbrahimB: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2009

1. The shaving of pubic hair b4 Eid
2. Cutting of nails
3. Ghusl (Bath)
4. The saying of Praises to and from the Eid ground(Allahu akbaruallahuAkbarullahuAkbar,
5. Wearing of your best Clothe
6. Leaving the Eid ground from a different Route
7. Not eating before Eid

Please it should be noted that if you are to make a sacrifice, you should not shave your hair (or any bodily hair) or cut off nails, until after Eid.

Also not eating before Eid is only required from the person making the sacrifice; if you're not making sacrifice, then no harm to have breakfast before Eid.

Yes illusion2, it's a religious section and what's so irreligious about what she said? Cleanliness is next to Godliness smiley
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by illusion2: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
IbrahimB:

Please it should be noted that if you are to make a sacrifice, you should not shave your hair (or any bodily hair) or cut off nails, until after Eid.

Also not eating before Eid is only required from the person making the sacrifice; if you're not making sacrifice, then no harm to have breakfast before Eid.

Yes illusion2, it's a religious section and what's so irreligious about what she said? Cleanliness is next to Godliness smiley

1. I don't think she needs to be so explicit (strictly my opinion)
2. I happen to like pubic hair a lot & don't think its 'unclean' smiley
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by Niyi53(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2009
zayhal:

Assalamu alaikum. I am an Ahmadi muslim and NOBODY is having the right to call a person who says he is a muslim, a kafir. All those answering the question have turned themselves to muftis. Welldone. They do not read the hadith of the holy prophet (saw) to know the person the holy prophet called a muslim. Most of this people who are answering your question do not know about ahmadiyya but they rely on heresy. The holy quran says in sura Hujurat vs 6 if a news comes to you, you should make investigation about it, ' i dont know why they go against the true teachings of the quran.
The ahmadiyya community is NEVER SUPPORTED BY ANY GOVT BODY NOR BY THE BRITISH. Pls do investigate when a news comes to you. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad connot be supported by the british because he has destroyed the bases of their religion when he proclaimed that JESUS NEVER DIED ON THE CROSS. It is the support of Allah we are having.
I dont know why we are been branded kafirs. There are some people who do not accept the authority of the hadith, some gives superiority to the hadith than the quran, some even believe that hazrat Ali is the one that supposed to be the prophet, etc. I dont know when belief in jesus became an article of faith.
One other thing is that why do this people want us to pray behind them after declaring us to be kafirs. Why dont you call the christian to come and worship with you.
I rest my case.
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by illusion2: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2009
Niyi53:

Assalamu alaikum. I am an Ahmadi muslim and NOBODY is having the right to call a person who says he is a muslim, a kafir. All those answering the question have turned themselves to muftis. Welldone. They do not read the hadith of the holy prophet (saw) to know the person the holy prophet called a muslim. Most of this people who are answering your question do not know about ahmadiyya but they rely on heresy. The holy quran says in sura Hujurat vs 6 if a news comes to you, you should make investigation about it, ' i dont know why they go against the true teachings of the quran.
The ahmadiyya community is NEVER SUPPORTED BY ANY GOVT BODY NOR BY THE BRITISH. Pls do investigate when a news comes to you. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad connot be supported by the british because he has destroyed the bases of their religion when he proclaimed that JESUS NEVER DIED ON THE CROSS. It is the support of Allah we are having.
I dont know why we are been branded kafirs. There are some people who do not accept the authority of the hadith, some gives superiority to the hadith than the quran, some even believe that hazrat Ali is the one that supposed to be the prophet, etc. I dont know when belief in jesus became an article of faith.
One other thing is that why do this people want us to pray behind them after declaring us to be kafirs. Why dont you call the christian to come and worship with you.
I rest my case.
Niyi53,I fully understand your passions,but you must understand all the comments about ahmadiyya are reflective of all of us as human beings including yourself. WE ALL BELIEVE WE ARE RIGHT & everyone else is in error.

A cursory look at your own post underscores this fact i.e the christian is wrong,Ahmadiyya is correct. Why not just hold on to your faith,aspire for holiness & don't bother with people who do not agree with you. The christian too will come here & say muslims are worshipping the moon (I have heard this many times). So the criticism of Ahmadiyya by 'fellow muslims' is reflective of how we are all wired as human beings & it takes a really deep mind to break out of this standard reaction. Just food for thought. Eid Mubarak. wink
Re: Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah by remoranger(m): 12:06am On Nov 27, 2009
Greetings to you all my brethen. happy celebrations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Recommended Time-table For Ramadan / Ruling On Eating Onion And Garlic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.