Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala (25130 Views)

Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / Commander RRS, Tunji Disu Mocks Danfo Drivers For Their Reckless Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Donald3d(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2017

So Danfo drivers freak you out ?, me too !!.You might get lucky and encounter the patient ones ,but a huge percentage of them are impatient,rough,and careless.All thanks to their rugged Volkswagen,they have no fear.There are areas in Lagos with a low population of these guys.On the other hand there are places swarming with them.So if you are new to Lagos and want to know places you could possibly avoid if you don’t want to get into a tug of war,or simply don’t want your cute ride scratched or bumped into, this is for you.

Iyana Ipaja
I would be kicking off with this location.Located about 15 minutes away from Ikeja the capital of Lagos.The Danfo drivers in this location are a true definition of stubborn.They park on the major way to pick up passengers,with about 30 or more of them simultaneously struggling for space to pick up passengers .If you are not very careful here you might get bashed.

Oshodi
Moving forward beyond the capital towards the ever notorious Oshodi .Without a doubt there has been significant improvement in the congestion of Oshodi .But that has not taken the Danfo drivers away,because the road here is wider compared to Iyana Ipaja its quite safer ,but caution should not be thrown to the wind if you still want to ply this route.

Ojuelegba
This location is almost impossible to escape if you live in Lagos,because of its link to various parts of Lagos including the Island.Some specific places are under the bridge and towards LUTH .This boys have no chill.My advise -Don’t contend with them.

Yaba
This environment is well known for higher institutions and a good number of government offices,and the popular Yaba market -one of their major domains.With operational technique and style similar to Iyana Ipaja,they occasionally obstruct traffic,especially those going to Obalande .Congestion in this location occurs mostly from around 4pm all the way to 8pm .Another area in Yaba where they can be troublesome is Sabo very close to the Police station.

Obalende
This location is like merging the qualities of all the above mentioned ,so you can imagine what its like .

Mushin
Saving the best for the last,this location is what I call the “Danfo War Zone”.This guys don’t have the words patience and drive ethics in their dictionary.They do all sorts of things. If you have ever wished for a location to watch a real life “Fast and Furious” *in a movie commentators voice* to see the adrenaline pumping through their eyes,the drifts,the smokes ,the thrills ,the drag races,the sweat,the red eyes,the insults *somebody stop me !!! …….one more..* the smelly white arm-pits…..Live in Mushin !!! grin grin grin.

Hope you enjoyed this guys , I know you have experienced some locations with Danfo driver wahala .Kindly comment and let me know.

Also don’t forget to share !!.
Written by Donald3d
https://autojosh.com/places-lagos-avoid-scared-danfo-drivers/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by iOluwaMichael(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
They are everywhere, but more notorious in these places you mentioned. So those of you with cars, be very careful when driving in Lagos, and extra careful when driving around the above mentioned places.
#Modified. Second FTC for today. More blessings, more money, more success, and more brain.

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by nurey(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
obalende is keke napep not danfo

Lagos Island those guys are extremely rough, also when you see danfo cross you and you see 4 hefty guys jump down with gun, dont fret and accelerate to knock them down as a newbie, they are probably SARS greet them and show your documents.

berger to third mainland bridge those ones dont know the meaning of side "trafficator" they come out dangerously and slow down dangerously

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
nice...

visit www.topwritersden.com for your non-fiction stories wink
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=Donald3d post=52580762]

Please I need your help now.
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Donald3d(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=BiafraBushBoy post=52582042][/quote]hit me on whatsapp
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by ichommy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Chiscomax(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
I don't live in Lagos.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by dogstyle007(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Blurryface(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
Who has a fvck to lend? Mine done finish

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by ItsawrapOutfit: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
100% valid however Mile 2 should also be enlisted

9 Likes

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by larrymoore(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ironically, these so call buses are not helping, Face them out with massive brt

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by free2ryhme: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
You forget to add Ojodu Berger, Maryland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by bi0nics: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
Sighs .....

Meanwhile Flavour says Hi...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by jazinogold(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
smiley

NI OJUELEGBA O...DEM KNOW MY STORY cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Thobiy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oshodi danfo driver are hum
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by coolbreezy01: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lagos! The place of promicious assignments.

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by abdulbnyusuf(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
I don tire 4 Danfos oo

2 Likes

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by nedu2000(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mile 2 danfos irritate me the most

1 Like

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by akimpelumi124: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin Na wa
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by GuDErboY(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Do you have any sister or brother, cousins, nieces and nephews in SS3 or done with secondary school? or even a university student in 1st, 2nd or even 3rd year on vacation, fluent in English and has a knowledge of internet and customer service? Are they willing to stay in Abuja and work as a waitress or waiter in Abuja at Transcorp Hilton Hotel and earn N250,000 per month with accommodation fully offered? If you have any, Tell them to stop dreaming and finish school first!. Good Morning joor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by GuDErboY(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Do you have any sister or brother, cousins, nieces and nephews in SS3 or done with secondary school? or even a university student in 1st, 2nd or even 3rd year on vacation, fluent in English and has a knowledge of internet and customer service? Are they willing to stay in Abuja and work as a waitress or waiter in Abuja at Transcorp Hilton Hotel and earn N250,000 per month with accommodation fully offered? If you have any, Tell them to stop dreaming and finish school first!. Good Morning joor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by 2romantic: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
op thanks for this. I need to be careful
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by osolee(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Incase... angry
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Jesuspikin8: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lagos is the only city in the whole world where the poor can oppress the rich. If you like carry G-Wagon, once you sight those yellow buses you must match break else they give you stretch mark

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by Totino: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Your head dey there!
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by khadaffi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
free2ryhme:
You forget to add Ojodu Berger, Maryland
They are everywhere. Although I don't think obalende should be included
Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by uniben101(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
iya iba should be on that list

4 Likes

Re: 6 Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful To Avoid Danfo Drivers Wahala by wellmax(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Those are my route and we still survive them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aeroplanes Can Now Refuel At The Anambra Airport / 3 Nigerians Faint On Turkish Plane As Air-conditioner Fails (Pics, Video) / Six Dangers You Could Be Facing Daily, Living In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.