Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! (1739 Views)

Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Need A Listening Ear / Lady With Shut Tubes Gives Birth Naturally After 3 Failed IVFs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
When will taxi drivers learn to shut the f up when driving with a passenger on board? I lost count of the number of times I have had to pick a cab and get pestered with never-ending stupid topics by a cabbie.

The most annoying part is that, I pay little or no attention, yet he wont stop talking. How can a cabbie expect me to enjoy a conversation coming from a mouth that reeks of bad breath?

One very peculiar thing about cabbies is that, most of them are perverts, have you noticed? I don’t understand why a cab driver, would pick a total stranger and then starts a personal conversation.

If the conversations were very formal, I won’t have to bother, but what freaks me out is that they start asking you personal questions like; are you married? are you single? got kids? and so on.

I took a cab going to work one day, as soon as I got in I knew I was in for it.

The cabbie first of all introduced himself and I remembered thinking, what is my business with your name?

Next thing, how long have you been in this job? I told him. Next question; where are you from? I told him.

Then this one; are you married? No answer. I brought out my phone and started scrolling through.

After 5 minutes, just 5 minutes! he started talking about his landlord (like I care). There was a heavy traffic on Ikorodu road.

I hated myself that day, because I was having menstrual cramps and being tortured by a cabbie that won’t stop talking!

From the corner of my eyes, I could see him staring at me like he would pounce on me at any minute.

Then all of a sudden; do you know you are pretty? I felt hot blood rushing down my face. I almost told him to shut up and drive!

Why in God’s name would he compliment me? oh my gosh, this was too much for me to handle.

I reached inside my bag and brought out my earpiece, tuned to my favorite radio station and started clapping and nodding my head.

He carried on talking, I couldn’t believe it. By this time we were at CMS, I couldn’t take it any longer. I told him to stop that I needed to use the ATM machine.

I jumped down like I was thrown out of the cab and crossed to the other side of the road and continued walking without looking back! I came back, paid him and walked quickly out of his sight!

This is what many people go through almost on a daily basis, this is just one of the many encounters I have had with cabbies.

Lately too, I was in a cab with another annoying cabbie, he went as far as telling me things that are highly sexual. One look at him I knew he was crazy.

I don’t have a thing with talking with cabbies, but there has to be limits, it doesn’t have to be too personal and I realized most cabbie are very nosy.

Taxi drivers have been reported severally to raping their female passengers, so if you are one of those starting or igniting erotic conversations with a cab driver, remember they are men and have blood flowing through their veins too!

Read more interesting topics on my blog @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by crackhaus: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
You should relax more, you have just one life to live.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin

When u take taxi... Never ever sit in front seat when ur alone..Ur not in a race car to be his co-driver anyway. cool

Sit at back like a VIP. wink
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
crackhaus:
You should relax more, you have just one life to live.
grin @OP I remember one cab driver upon hearing my drop off point was KFC asked me why and then spent the majority of the journey telling me that I shouldn't be eating there because I'm a woman and should've cooked instead lol

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by crackhaus: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
1bkaye:
grin @OP I remember one cab driver upon hearing my drop off point was KFC asked me why and then spent the majority of the journey telling that I shouldn't be eating there because I'm a woman and should've cooked instead lol
What was your response?
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
crackhaus:

What was your response?
I laughed lol

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by George22016(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
Well Sensible ladies will get their own ride instead of hopping from one taxi driver to the other

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by carammel(f): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
This is very common with Abuja cab drivers,some will even toast you if you allow them.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
That's how you make friends easily. But to be sincere they are very annoying.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by SafeDavid(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Why not use Uber.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Richy4(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
If you do not need companion while going to work or anywhere, You can always avoid their loquacious tendencies and their mouth odour by driving yourself....it is not difficult to figure out...

Or

you can always introduce yourself after his introductions and politely tell them that you are not in the mood to talk...You got alot on your mind...in a polite manner..It is not hard...This world is just very easy to live in you know?....Though not a Nigerian thing but a lot of people like to talk to stranger instead of people that they know.and cab drivers are the real deal for people like that.... a lot of cab drivers has helped strangers with good advise when they were on cross roads in terms of decision..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by mrwonlasewonie: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
LMao. Op you're not alone in this.When I enter cabs with chatter box drivers and I am not in the mood to talk when he starts me too I will ignore him and start singing very loudly .they usually get the message and stop talking as for those who still keep talking even When singing I'll just come out straight broda driver egbenu soun.talo bere ejolowo yin

Meanwhile if I see he's asking personal questions and he's taking me home I will TELL him to park at 5 buildings away from my house in another street and if he asks is this my house I'll say yes.pretend to be walking inside and as soon as he drives off,I just take another street and leave immediately. So if he's up to something funny. Na another person's house he go enter without realising it's not my house

In Nigeria you have to be wise as a serpent. No one writes kidnapper,afternoon cab man night robber,rapist or ritualistic on any cab man's head

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by mrwonlasewonie: 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Richy4:
If you do not need companion while going to work or anywhere, You can always avoid their loquacious tendencies and their mouth odour by driving yourself....it is not difficult to figure out...

Or

you can always introduce yourself after his introductions and politely tell them that you are not in the mood to talk...You got alot on your mind...in a polite manner..It is not hard...This world is just very easy to live in you know?....Though not a Nigerian thing but a lot of people like to talk to stranger instead of people that they know.and cab drivers are the real deal for people like that.... a lot of cab drivers has helped strangers with good advise when they were on cross roads in terms of decision..
true that but many of them go overboard and start telling you stories you're not intrested in

You might take a cab going to work.idle jisting or listening to stories is the least of your issues. As you're already planning or praying in your mind how you want your day to go.sometimes you just want to rest and have a quiet time few minutes before work

At the same time on your way back from work you're tired hungry or sleepy do you think a chatter box driver will not likely annoy you Tillman you snap at him to shut up

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by mrwonlasewonie: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
carammel:
This is very common with Abuja cab drivers,some will even toast you if you allow them.
or ask for your number

If you're unfortunately driven by a perv,he'll be moving his hands through your thighs and driving with the other while pretending he doesn't know what he's doing until you slap him or get violent with him in the car

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Mimzyy(f): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
Op, so you didn't pay? shocked shocked shocked

Chaiomsy:

The cabbie first of all introduced himself and I remembered thinking, what is my business with your name?

Next thing, how long have you been in this job? I told him. Next question; where are you from? I told him.

Then this one; are you married? No answer. I brought out my phone and started scrolling through.

After 5 minutes, just 5 minutes! he started talking about his landlord (like I care). There was a heavy traffic on Ikorodu road.

I hated myself that day, because I was having menstrual cramps and being tortured by a cabbie that won’t stop talking!

From the corner of my eyes, I could see him staring at me like he would pounce on me at any minute.

Then all of a sudden; do you know you are pretty? I felt hot blood rushing down my face. I almost told him to shut up and drive!

Why in God’s name would he compliment me? oh my gosh, this was too much for me to handle.

I reached inside my bag and brought out my earpiece, tuned to my favorite radio station and started clapping and nodding my head.

He carried on talking, I couldn’t believe it. By this time we were at CMS, I couldn’t take it any longer. I told him to stop that I needed to use the ATM machine.

I jumped down like I was thrown out of the cab and crossed to the other side of the road and continued walking without looking back
!
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
If it's such a nuisance to u, I suggest you move about with ear phone n make use of this in such situations trust me they'll get d mssg n shut d bleep up.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Richy4(m): 12:51am On Jan 07, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
true that but many of them go overboard and start telling you stories you're not intrested in

You might take a cab going to work.idle jisting or listening to stories is the least of your issues. As you're already planning or praying in your mind how you want your day to go.sometimes you just want to rest and have a quiet time few minutes before work

At the same time on your way back from work you're tired hungry or sleepy do you think a chatter box driver will not likely annoy you Tillman you snap at him to shut up

I discovered that in this world, there's no where good manners and Polite statement cannot take anyone to...The tone of voice one uses to pass a message across matters a lot.....If you politely tell a cab driver that whatever he is selling you were not buying, I believe he will understand .....But I believe my people are simply aggressive and that aggressive tone could come out as being rude..that why some wallow in silence instead of speaking out....
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by bukatyne(f): 2:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Well it's unrealistic for a cabbie to shut up & drive all day just how you wouldn't shut up and work in your office all day.

A cabbie is a human with need for interaction and unfortunately /fortunately, it is his human passagers he will interact with.

Same with conductors and drivers.

If he/she is going too personal, you can politely stir the conversation to neutral grounds.

I personally find the jaw jawing interesting and when I wouldn't talk, I keep quiet.

And I agree that we also have to be security conscious; the cabbie front might be a facade for something sinister.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by crackhaus: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
1bkaye:
I laughed lol
Good reaction, it isn't that serious at the end of the day.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
SafeDavid:
Why not use Uber.

Uber drivers don't talk or is being dumb part of their qualifications?
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by mrwonlasewonie: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Richy4:

I discovered that in this world, there's no where good manners and Polite statement cannot take anyone to...The tone of voice one uses to pass a message across matters a lot.....If you politely tell a cab driver that whatever he is selling you were not buying, I believe he will understand .....But I believe my people are simply aggressive and that aggressive tone could come out as being rude..that why some wallow in silence instead of speaking out....

you don't know some cab drivers.they'll keep quiet for 7mins and start again unless you yell at them
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by Tweetyyy: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
Chaiomsy:
When will taxi drivers learn to shut the f up when driving with a passenger on board? I lost count of the number of times I have had to pick a cab and get pestered with never-ending stupid topics by a cabbie.

The most annoying part is that, I pay little or no attention, yet he wont stop talking. How can a cabbie expect me to enjoy a conversation coming from a mouth that reeks of bad breath?

One very peculiar thing about cabbies is that, most of them are perverts, have you noticed? I don’t understand why a cab driver, would pick a total stranger and then starts a personal conversation.

If the conversations were very formal, I won’t have to bother, but what freaks me out is that they start asking you personal questions like; are you married? are you single? got kids? and so on.

I jumped down like I was thrown out of the cab and crossed to the other side of the road and continued walking without looking back! I came back, paid him and walked quickly out of his sight!

This is what many people go through almost on a daily basis, this is just one of the many encounters I have had with cabbies.

Lately too, I was in a cab with another annoying cabbie, he went as far as telling me things that are highly sexual. One look at him I knew he was crazy.

I don’t have a thing with talking with cabbies, but there has to be limits, it doesn’t have to be too personal and I realized most cabbie are very nosy.

Taxi drivers have been reported severally to raping their female passengers, so if you are one of those starting or igniting erotic conversations with a cab driver, remember they are men and have blood flowing through their veins too!

Read more interesting topics on my blog @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com
that's why I don't ever sit in front
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by mostyg(m): 3:43am On Jun 13, 2019
Talking is what keeps their live moving. It makes them happy and keep them out of depression.

Sometimes we ignore these guys not because we don't want to OR need to, but because we look down on them as an ordinary cabbie. I see arrogance and pride as a reason.

If you aren't interested in the talk, you can politely just tell.
Re: I Am Not Listening....shut Up And Drive! by UKBobo(m): 6:49am On Jun 13, 2019
Middle class problems

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Photo Of An Albino(ifeoma) / The Life Of A Bachelor Is Not Easy At All. / Man spotted with his very tall wife Causes Reactions on social media (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.