Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) (11347 Views)

Benue Fulani Herdsmen Killings: Buhari Commiserates With Governor Ortom / Sani Bello Visits Maitumbi Fire Scene That Killed People, Destroyed Properties / Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
The Anambra State Government has promised to ensure the establishment of fire service stations in major markets across the State to avert massive loss of property in cases of emergency fire situations.

Governor Willie Obiano stated this yesterday while commiserating with executives and traders of Nnewi Timber Market, Nnewi who lost property valued at millions of Naira in a fire outbreak in the market

Over one hundred and fifty shops were gutted by the inferno which was said to have begun Wednesday night.
Many heavy duty timber cutting machines, as well as multi-million Naira worth of timber goods were consumed in the inferno which cause is yet to be established.

While thanking God that no lives were lost, Governor Obiano said the loss is a huge one for the State as the market is one of the major revenue windows of the State government.

Speaking through his Deputy, Dr Nkem Okeke, the Governor who stressed the need for the traders in the various markets across the State to make insuring themselves and their goods a norm, noted that with such in place, settling the cost of emergencies occasioned by fire outbreaks will be much easier.

The Governor further advised Ndi Anambra not to wait for government to do everything for them, but to always assist one another especially in the midst of the economic downturn, as according to him, government can't do everything on its own, pointing out however, that the State government will do the much it can to help alleviate the pains of the loss.

Earlier, the Vice President, Anambra Traders Association, and Nnewi Market Leader, Chief Gozie Akudolu, solicited the support of the State government and well meaning individuals, to prevent possible reoccurrence, regretting that such fire incidents have become an annual occurrence in the Nnew Timber Market.

While calling for the institution of a panel of enquiry into the remote and immediate causes of the fire outbreak, Chief Akudolu regretted that though no lives were lost, many of the affected traders are in different hospitals due to the shock occasioned by the of loss.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Efficiency and Board of Internal Revenue, Ogbuefi Melie Onyejepu, who was on ground to receive the Governor, appreciated the State government for coming to the immediate rescue of the traders through the State fire service, calling on the traders whose goods and property were razed, to take heart and brace up to start again, as the tragedy is not in itself, the end of life.

Also on ground to receive the Governor were the Executive members and stakeholders of the market association, as well as a mammoth crowd of traders and sympathizers.

See Photos:

http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/01/nnewi-gov-obiano-visits-fire-scene-commiserates-with-victims-photos/

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2017

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by blackjah(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Willie is working, oh and am dedicating this my Ftc to all the IDGAF crew, I know you guys inwardly do give lot of fvcks,
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
abeg where is Obiano in these pictures grin

1 Like

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thats not obiano
Thats his deputy (i think)

Brain dey pain you? sad

3 Likes

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Mimienudles(f): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oh Lord have Mercy
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by hotspec(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Mrsbremo: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good man
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
I don't see Obiano in any of these pics... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Robinhood477: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
God bless nnewi
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Read, dem no go read. Text read 'the governor was represented by his deputy'

May God strengthen my brothers in Nnewi, i know some who were directly affected and pray the state government help all affected financially, just anyhow.
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Pavore9: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
I feel for those affected.
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Exponental(m): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Sorry for your losses, government wants to build ultramodern market there by force. U know u people will not gree if they come to you. sorry!
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by 0b10010011: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
blackjah:
Willie is working, oh and am dedicating this my Ftc to all the IDGAF crew, I know you guys inwardly do give lot of fvcks,

Did u have breakfast this morning?
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by barrybanbi: 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
who una epp?

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by blackjah(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
0b10010011:

Did u have breakfast this morning?
no and are you their chairman?
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by blackjah(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Jobia:
Thats not obiano Thats his deputy (i think)
Brain dey pain you? sad
undecided who?
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Princelegacylemoha(m): 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
It's okay
But I never knew Anambra State has a Deputy Gov.
God Grant those that lost their goods fortitude to recover.
In this Recession !!
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by MrRichy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
massive loss this new year... embarassed
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Willie still dey US?

Na Wa Oh....
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Dr Nkem Okeke, The once H.O.D of Economics Dept @ UNIZIK

Intelligent men leading Anambra State. And as a result the state is progressing. Nigerians take note incase of 2019, vote for intelligent people!
Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by WINNERMENTALITY: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nnewi people need solution concerning fire incidents. November 22 marked 1 year fire killed about 100 people in 2015 and just after 1 month another Fire incident in Nkwo nnewi not forgetting the one that happened around january 2-10 2016 at organizer filling station in Amuko or the one that happened around 2006 where i lost 3 of my friends. what am saying in essence is Nnewi people should protect themselves against fire incidence and stop relying on Anambra state goverment since they dont want to give Nnewi the recognition it requires. Fire trucks should be placed at the four village in NNewi and extra 2 inside Nkwo Nnewi. This is getting too much and it seems we just sympathize with the victims and wait for another.

1 Like

Re: Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:59am On Jan 07, 2017
NwaNimo1:
Willie still dey US?

Na Wa Oh....

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s campaign Writes Police, SSS, Accuses PDP Of hacking INEC Server / Kogi Guber: I’m Not Contesting – Hon Faleke / Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.