Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) (17745 Views)

Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) / Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS / Protest By Hungry Imo Pensioners (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by mikolo80: 4:42am On Jan 07, 2017
cycline404:
Please can someone enlighten me on pension.

This pension issue has been a culture in Nigeria since the day the British made a mistake to give Nigeria its independence.

To what I know and how it works here, the government take some certain amount from your salary. And deposit it somewhere as an insurance or something so that when you retire, they can pay you this money every month till you die. So you have something to feed on.

But how again can someone have to beg and protest for his own money again?

Why are people so evil as for me and my household I don't think Nigeria can be better again.

Some dommies above and below me re there uploading they don't give a Fvck seems that's the new year style, instead of them to wake up and think how to make this better for themselves, they just want to say poo.
they are suffering because they were ignorant of what the insurance companies invested in
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by mikolo80: 4:43am On Jan 07, 2017
Thobiy:
What a country where anything just happen, people do what they like without fear
what should they fear, keyboard warriors or roadside protesters. Nothing will happen till we treat dia fuckup with our votes, our money or our machetes since we don't have gun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by mikolo80: 4:44am On Jan 07, 2017
babadee1:

The PDP governor that was there before paid zero percent of pension benefits. In other words nada.
you still get strength to talk to all these PDP devils
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Kirinwa: 5:08am On Jan 07, 2017
Pension fund is not negotiable. This is money that was deducted from their salary during their active years and you are asking them to forfeit a huge part of it? Nigeria is indeed a zoo.

Let this governor not attract the wrath of God otherwise he will be like that picture of coming and going.

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by greenermodels: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2017
sweerychick:
do you know that the federal government released 500billion to states across the country to offset all arrears being owed by state government on or before the Xmas. But rochas okorocha didn't do it, they federal government has been releasing money to states but nothing to show for it. Former governor of Anambara state Peter obi said that governors can pay salaries and pensions. It's just greed that is stopping them from doing, I wonder what kinda sadistic joy rochas okorocha derives from seeing old people as old as his parents suffering. God forbid this man must be from the deepest part of hell..God help Imolites cry
you forgot that imo is an oil producing state yet the man treats them like this.

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Obanaijacom: 5:42am On Jan 07, 2017
My boy Tekno buys 50 million Naira duplex in Lekki https:///HI6f6B
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by cool318(m): 5:49am On Jan 07, 2017
ImoRiver:

I'm from Imo State and this pension issue was one of the reasons we sent Ohakim parking. Okorocha can be faulted for paying 40% of arrears to higher grade level pensioners but he inherited most of the arrears and isn't the one owing them. We can argue that government is a continum but lying and amplifying false information is itself evil.

May all your family members die in a ghastly accident if 90% of the pension arrears were inherited by Okorocha. Say amen to that.

Young man, I don't really know why you are Furious and defending a Savage because of maybe Peanuts that trickle into your account from Rochas. I can't go on to Banter words with you but just got a question for you.

My Uncle is been owed 33 months pension arrears and he has been given the Devilish Form to Fill that he will be paid only 13 months and 40% of the Total Sum.
Now, under whose regime did he Retire?
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Mintayo(m): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2017
This is evil. Wickedness at its peak. May God help these guys.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Odeyinigbin(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2017
Wickedness of d highest order
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Category1: 6:31am On Jan 07, 2017
Kondomatic:
God of mercy
You're an Id.iot
Grow up...u don't have sense

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Xtopherprince(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2017
ImoRiver:

Same Rochas is using over 1.5 billion monthly to fund free education in the State. Same Rochas is paying the pensions accumulated by his predecessors and those from level 7 downwards got 100% and not 40%.

This is 2010 news

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/pensioners-accuse-officials-of-abandonment-in-imo/

Uncle why are you lying!!!
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by bartho77(m): 6:48am On Jan 07, 2017
Exciton:

This is the kinda youth we currently have in Nigeria. Fucking useless and ignorant generation.

They have nothing in their skulls. They only know how to make stupid memes and talk sh!t on social media.

OK, Mr. Enlightened and exposed youth

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 7:09am On Jan 07, 2017
Heartless people
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by myfantasies(f): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2017
GabdelandAgro:
pls kindly reply my email, av sent it

I have seen ur Mail nd i have read it, i even added u on whatsapp, but i deleted ur number, for reasons best known to me
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2017
babadee1:

The PDP governor that was there before paid zero percent of pension benefits. In other words nada.
dont mind people talking nonsense, in as much i hate politicians, but comparing Rochas wit former governor(s) in Imo is a no go area, did Ohakim or Udenwa pay anything like pension
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by alezzy13: 7:28am On Jan 07, 2017
cycline404:
Please can someone enlighten me on pension.

This pension issue has been a culture in Nigeria since the day the British made a mistake to give Nigeria its independence.

To what I know and how it works here, the government take some certain amount from your salary. And deposit it somewhere as an insurance or something so that when you retire, they can pay you this money every month till you die. So you have something to feed on.

But how again can someone have to beg and protest for his own money again?

Why are people so evil as for me and my household I don't think Nigeria can be better again.

Some dommies above and below me re there uploading they don't give a Fvck seems that's the new year style, instead of them to wake up and think how to make this better for themselves, they just want to say poo.

@bolded, if I'm not mistaken, that practice only started recently (circa 2004 with the reform act).

Before now, public workers and private workers enjoyed their full salaries but were still entitled to pensions when they retired. This of course led to a very large and unsustainable budget deficit as more and more people retired.

Certainly not holding brief for Rochas or any of the govts that have been unable to pay pensions, but I think we should undertand where the problem is coming from.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by skimanski(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2017
Why are people blaming okorocha. I taught I saw 22 to 77 months. Somebody else ate their pension and okorcha offered to pay something to all unlike others before him. No one has blamed those guys.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by sujex94(m): 7:55am On Jan 07, 2017
skimanski:
Why are people blaming okorocha. I taught I saw 22 to 77 months. Somebody else ate their pension and okorcha offered to pay something to all unlike others before him. No one has blamed those guys.
oga okorocha has been there since May 29th 2011.That is 68 months in power ...He is owing 95% of the arrears..dou u understand?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by ZoneBslayer(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2017
sujex94:
oga okorocha has been there since May 29th 2011.That is 68 months in power ...He is owing 95% of the arrears..dou u understand?
they are so ignorant that they don't even know who they voted into office and when...

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by blocker: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2017
ImoRiver:

Same Rochas is using over 1.5 billion monthly to fund free education in the State. Same Rochas is paying the pensions accumulated by his predecessors and those from level 7 downwards got 100% and not 40%.

This is 2010 news

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/pensioners-accuse-officials-of-abandonment-in-imo/

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

SEE THIS ONE OH! WAS ROCHAS (OR IS IT NOW ROACHES) THE GOVERNOR IN 2010? OR DO YOU NOW WORK FOR LIE LIE MOHAMMED.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by chachanga: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2017
the whole thingus' goin to hell in a hand basket

chaos everywhere
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by beevee1: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2017
What were they expecting when they voted him in? They are reaping what they sowed.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by buchilino(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2017
mikolo80:
so who do you have faith in. Spirit?

YES, D GOD'S SPIRIT.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by buchilino(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2017
mikolo80:
so who do you have faith in. Spirit?

YES, D GOD'S SPIRIT. WAT OF U.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by ImoRiver: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2017
sujex94:

Rochas Okorocha is not owing pensions. He inherited pension arrears accumulated from the Mbakwe era till 2011. He has been paying in installments until the recession late 2014 and in order to settle the issue once and for all this idea came up. The argument should be if the 40% for the higher grade levels is acceptable and not lying that Okorocha is owing.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by ImoRiver: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2017
This is from 2012 when Okorocha paid 5 months out of the arrears accumulated from 1976 to 2011.

http://www.christianvoicenewsonline.com/2012/06/27/primary-school-pensioners-cry-to-gov-okorocha/

Primary school pensioners in Imo State have passionately pleaded with the rescue government of Owelle Rochas Okorcha to prevail on the appropriate government agencies responsible for payment of their pensions and gratuities, to expedite action on the matter, in order to avert imminent disasters and mass family discomfiture.
From all the 27 local government area in the State, it is a tale of bitter lamentation.

Majority of these senior citizens who spoke to Christian Voice on the conditions of anonymity simply told this reporter; “we are being punished for rendering selfless services to our father land”. “Some of us have died without receiving their pensions and gratuities, more than 14 years after retirement”. Some, however, applauded the efforts of the present administration in Imo State for paying them five months pension arrears in March this year.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by ImoRiver: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2017
From 2014 when he paid only those retired between 1993 and 2001. That was just shortly before the oil crisis.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/political-reason-payment-pension-arrears-okorocha-2/

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, yesterday said there were no political reasons for paying arrears of pensions and gratuities to retired workers from 1993 to 2001.
He also expressed his determination to pay the last kobo owed pensioners in the state.
The governor insisted it was part of his election promises and asked why the opposition party in the state did not clear the pensions and gratuities.
Governor Okorocha had on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 paid arrears of pensions and gratuities to workers of the state who retired from 1993 to 2001.
The governor said it was a crime against humanity and sin against God to owe citizens who spent the most vibrant parts of their lives to serve the state.
He blamed the past governments for not seeing the payment of pension arrears as a special case.
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by brojoshua: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
Why? Is that to repay the government's money they chopped why they were in active service? For we heard that many governments workers were and are very corrupt and that they used to steal government's money that is meant to be used for projects
Re: Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) by mikolo80: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2017
buchilino:

YES, D GOD'S SPIRIT. WAT OF U.
I believe we have to make a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea, but, we have to make a choice, or forever hold our peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB: 'Filing Fresh Documents Every Time Not Allowed' - ECOWAS Court Fumes / Court Remands Seven Yoruba Men Over Shasha Market Mayhem, Killings / Lagos Oil And Gas Corporation Gets Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.