Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus (1836 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Who Knows Where 'stop Center' On Allen Avenue Moved To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2005
what does it take to organise a show or a match viewing center on campus?

Self-employement being the way to go, I've been scheming big of late. I got two ideas, i'd love to know what you guys think about them (hopefully some of us have experience in such schemes). advice me peeps!

My hearts in the entertainment industry. i'm thinking of organising a "dance" on campus (i'm a student of one of em eastern universities). that is sort of like a bash/club stuff. get a tight ass DJ, an upcoming tight rapper, some choreography and some comedians. it's going to basically be all about getting on the dance floor as the DJ does his thing with a break later on for the comedians, dancers and rapper to do their thing. than more dancing till day break. so as u see it's not exactly a show per se. anyone here with experience in such stuff. any advice for me. what sort of capital do i need etc.

Also Nigerians are soccer crazy and with the African nations cup coming up in january and the world cup in june running a match viewing center looks really good. Does anyone have advice for me? Stuff to do and stuff to look out for. I'll greatly appreciate any feed back.

Peace!
Re: Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by otokx(m): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2005
am also interested in the match viewing thing but are nigerian students ready to pay?
Re: Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by demmy(m): 12:53am On Dec 10, 2005
Yes the sport bar is more interesting but will gulp more capital than organising parties.
Re: Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by joftech(m): 3:47am On Dec 10, 2005
I think the match viewing center will make more sense to people than a club. The only constrain is that you will need a whole lot of capital to be able to pull it off.

I once wanted to setup a match viewing center myself too and here are some of the cost on things you may need.

1.) DSTV Decoder (prefarably dual view) = about N60,000
2.) Rent
3.) 50 Plastic Chairs @ 900 each = N45,000
4.) 1 2.7 KVA Generator = N30,000 (2 will likely be needed)
5.) Electrical Installation
6.) AC (if you really want)
7.) 2 big TVs = N90,000
8.) 2 big fans = N30,000

My brother this business require some dough.
Re: Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2005
how much will be the gate fee and what is the turnover like cos am considering it. why did u not go on to do it.
Re: Organizing a Show or Match-viewing Center on Campus by VictorVance(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Good Profit In Haulage Business / How Much Does Flash Drives 16GB Cost In Nigeria.? / 10 Must Have Books For A Successful Entrepreneur's Bookshelf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.