Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin (11893 Views)

Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record / Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Fire Engulfs Overland Airways Aircraft At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Afro3: 2:22am On Jan 07, 2017
The festive period has recorded several frustrating situations for most passengers who fly different aircraft as a results of the inconsistency and unprecedented cancellation of flight schedules in most of the eastern airports like Owerri, Portharcourt and Asaba.  But sad situation is the heartless acceptance of passengers booking payment by one of the unpopular flights Overland Airways that openned it\'s website www.overland.aero for booking without pre- scheduled flight at the airports.

Overwhelming reference is the case of its passenger ( Name Withheld) who‎ booked online on Wednesday night for a trip to Lagos the following day been 5th of January, 2017 only to get the shock of his life when you got to Asaba airport from Anambra state to be informed by Overland airways front desk attendent that he was not sure there was any flight scheduled to travel that day. One of the disappointed passangers called their booking officers contact by name Bisola Esesele only to be told that they were sorry that the flight was cancelled like one hour to the flight scheduled takeoff by 12noon. 

Inf‎ormation gathered suggested that overland airways had not been flying throughout the festive period and has been busy collecting booking money from passengers who paid online for a trip back to their destinations. The alledged cancellations was not communicated to the passengers through text or call rather they were disappointedly allowed to get to the airport with high hopes. Demands for their money or refund was not only a myriad but climbing high mountains as they were instructed to apply for their refund which takes one month to process! 

This was not only shocking ‎but heartbreaking for passengers who had no other money to go back. Even the sight of the Asaba airport depict a scenerio of a graveyard as not flight was spotted at the tarmac or the airport environment. The excruciating pains Nigerians are subjected to by these flight companies in this recession causes more untold hardship to Nigerians especially as most people are still trying to recover from the much talked about MMM.‎

Is this a deliberate act of extortion? Or is the another baptised MMM packaged or has recession subjected Overland airways to open its website deliberately to scam unsuspecting passengers with a bold response to repay in one month? What are the authorities behind checking the excesses of these flight companies? As at writing these reports youths across the country under Alliance For Democratic Freedom are at advanced stage of staging a demostration starting from the Asaba airport with a target to Overland Airways and others who have consistently inflicted pains on Nigerians in this unfriendly economic meltdown. Several Nigerians who booked with their remaining money after the festive celebration are stuck in the villages perhaps waiting for the one month long refund for insensitive and wicked act of these airlines!
http://ndigbo-online..com.ng/2017/01/aviation-scam-overland-airways-receives_6.html?m=0

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by gabazin080(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2017
it may b scam but no scam is bigger than the change apc promised us

22 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by shamecurls(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2017
Overland

Who fly's with that coffin?

11 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by frankloloko: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Lol . All Na hustle .
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Intendy: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Na only MMM waka come,haba

Pass your message across and move on

4 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Hm
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Our airlines are worse than Road transport companies. They are not accountable to anyone sadly . Also , if they collect money for booking, they can simply put it into fixed deposit, and make interest off your money before paying you your due.

In other news, 6 days to MMMargeddon. Tears will be shed either way. Tears of joy or sadness.

1 Like

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by princeade86(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
q
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by bamdelarf(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
nija palava...

1 Like

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by leykeh: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2017
overland...una don carry ur badluck from Ilorin to asaba again....God dey o
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by oweman: 10:59am On Jan 08, 2017
That is I suppose happening in the avengers zone of south south Nigeria
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by drey22(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2017
Everything in this country is scam abeg...
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by candidbabe(f): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2017
Mmm this
Mmm that
Nawaa oooo
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by delerx(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2017
Wetin concern mmm for this matter now or u this Yeye blogger just using it for traffic purposes

5 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by StoneLucifer: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2017
Even the name speaks for itself.., Overland Indeed.See scams everywhere !!
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Abdaz4u2c: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2017
I don't know where we're going to in this country, not their fault though, even the leaders are scammers..... OVERLAND

1 Like

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by idupaul: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2017
shamecurls:
Overland

Who fly's with that coffin?

I wonder ..flew to Illorin once many years ago on an overland plane and I must say it was scary
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2017
Asaba people and 419, nobody does it better than them.

Overland airlines is a bus service, they actually go by road. grin

1 Like

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by recievesense: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2017
go to court an hammer
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by seeyouin2019: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2017
This is the era of scam as you like. From APC Change to MMM to ARIK to OVERLAND. The lists goes on..
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by blackboy2star(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hi guys. I am so happy and proud of myself and I thought I should share this with you!!! Today I saw myself on TV, when I turned it off  grin
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by stuffs4me(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
This is bad.

Overland is in the habit of scamming Nigerians, this is not their first time. That airline is notorious for scamming unsuspecting Nigerians and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority are not doing anything about it. The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority are too currupt and are only interested in collecting gratificatios from Overland and other useless airlines.
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
nawa oooo......Seriously speechless
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Stdhayour: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
I got this hours after I booked a flight from Akure to Abuja

Dear customer, please be informed that your AKURE-ABUJA flight OF1199 Wed, Dec 28,2016 has been cancelled. We apologise for all inconvenience this may cause. To reschedule, reroute your flight or seek for refund, please call 08035355005/6 and you will be advised further. Rescheduling and reroute would be at no charge. Thank you for choosing Overland Airways.

I called them for a refund and they r telling me its going to take a month for me to get. Annoying thing is for them to be sending me about 3forms to fill before I get refund of my money they collected without hassle ...There was a country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by neighbourhud: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
idupaul:

I wonder ..flew to Illorin once many years ago on an overland plane and I must say it was scary
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

I understand you very well.... I have dozens of that experience. The sound of the aircraft alone can give a heart attack grin cheesy grin

But if you fly to ilorin from Abuja often, you will have no better option than overland. Arik could be said to be better but the way they cancel their flights can cost you your job if you depend on them.

2 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by sbabimbola(f): 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Must they say MMM. By the way I'm thinking of my salary delay as another MMM, hope my boss puts 30% interest like MMM.
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by mu2sa2: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Overland planes are scary. I once flew in one that was making a creaky sound like a wooden lorry bumping along a rough road; I thought the plane was about to break into pieces mid air.

2 Likes

Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by ochallo: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
But Aero also did the same thing from warri to lagos and till now, they are yet to pay me back my money

I have been paid now o
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by haslaw(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
The civil authority should look into this.
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by complexstuffs(m): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
mu2sa2:
Overland planes are scary. I once flew in one that was making a creaky sound like a wooden lorry bumping along a rough road; I thought the plane was about to break into pieces mid air.

Hmm
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Ndkings1(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2017
couldnt have you just passed your message without involving mmm...
Re: AVIATION SCAM? Overland Airways Receives Passengers Payment Online Without Flyin by Ekeneuba100: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
I THINK WE SHOULD SEEK CLARIFICATIONS BEFORE MAKING WRONG COMMENTS. PLS READ THIS:

RE: AVIATION SCAM? OVERLAND AIRWAYS RECEIVES PASSENGERS PAYMENT ONLINE WITHOUT FLYING

Our attention has been drawn to a false and malicious story recently published against Overland Airways in one of the online social media, Nairaland alleging among other things that Overland Airways collected payments from passengers without operating flights at Asaba Airport. The misguided story also stated that Overland Airways did not operate flights throughout the festive period. These are all false allegations that exist only in the horrible imaginations of the callous perpetrators of the said story.

For the sake of Overland Airways’ esteemed customers, the travelling public and well-meaning Nigerians, Overland Airways wishes to clarify here that this report is completely untrue, ill-intended and against public interest.

It is a well-documented fact that airlines in Nigeria have in recent weeks faced the challenge of poor visibility associated with the presence of hamattan haze at airports across Nigeria, which has led to flight delays and cancellations in line with the safety regulations of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Such force majeure which is beyond the control of Overland Airways, or indeed any other airline, has been the cause of several other flight delays and cancellations on several occasions including the case-in-point mentioned in the malicious story.

Contrary to the odious story, Overland Airways operated flights during the festive season and communicated promptly to passengers, events of rescheduling or cancellation.

Importantly, Overland Airways followed the laid down procedures approved by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority to notify its passengers on the unavoidable cancellation, and refund to passengers are made in line with acceptable best practices.

Such natural phenomena and the perennial challenge of scarcity of aviation fuel have created difficulties for airlines including Overland Airways, and our airline will not compromise on safety of its passengers on account of the self-serving lies of mischief makers on social media.

As a responsible corporate citizen, Overland Airways is committed in the face of these challenges to minimize the impact of these events on our customers, as we ensure, among other things, prompt refund when needed while we also grant special waivers and other considerations to our customers when the need arises.

Rather than supporting the Nigerian airlines industry, it is unfortunate that backward-thinking entities or individuals ruthlessly engage in campaigns of calumny and national sabotage to denigrate respectable and hard-working airlines such as Overland Airways.

Overland Airways is an economic development partner dedicated to the improvement of hinterland and remote airports and economies while integrating them with hub economies in Nigeria, thus supporting small and large businesses and creating value for Nigerians. This is our unchanging promise to Nigerians.

Overland Airways operates a fleet of world-class turboprop aircraft, technologically designed and adapted for short-haul flight operations and providing technically and economically superior performance in terms of safety, comfort and reliability.

Overland Airways’ high safety standards earned the airline the globally respected International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Registration, and Overland Airways is now listed on the IOSA Registry amongst the safest airlines in the world today.

Our continually improving service standard has enabled Overland Airways become an IATA member, and we now list among the 265 international Member airlines of IATA which control over 83% of global passenger traffic.

Overland Airways assures our esteemed passengers and the flying public of our commitment and dedication to continually improving our service quality based on safety, comfort and reliability for our passengers, which Overland Airways has upheld throughout our 15 years of serving the Nigerian economy.

It is our heartfelt desire to see remarkable improvements in the airline operating environment which will be for the greater benefit of air travelers and the Nigerian economy.

SIGNED
MANAGEMENT

For media enquiries, please contact:
Manager, Corporate Services
Overland Airways Limited
17 Simbiat Abiola Road
Ikeja - Lagos
Tel: 08037230459
Email: fly@overland.aero
Web: www.overlandairways.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack / Information On Phd Admission And Scholarship Abroad. / Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.