Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) (16597 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by saints2(f): 3:19am On Jan 07, 2017
A young man name Stephen Kobams took to his IG page to share his police brutality in Lagos. Its quite a lengthy post, but kindly take your time to read through the post and decipher the truth in this matter..

I have been hearing stories of how people get harrassed on the streets of lagos by Nigerian police and today i encountered it.
I was on my way to the bank atm close to my place at Maryland bus stop and i was stopped by two police officers. My transcript with them:
Me: Good afternoon
Police 1: where are u going to??
Me: am going to use the atm across the road
Police 2: can we see ur phone??
( i gave them my phone)
Police 2: please unlock ur phone
Me: i cant unlock my phone.. police 1: you are a stupid boy, who do u think you are.
Me: am a normal citizen going to use the bank atm and got stopped by u guys
Police 1: you get mouth abi
Police 2: na yahoo boy he go be ,look the phone wey he dey use
Police 2: where did u get money to buy this phone??
Me: my parents bought it for me
Police 3,4,5 all came together, making a total of five policemen talking to me and harassing me and they kept saying unlock ur phone or go to station.
Prior to these encounter today, when people tell me about their experiences with the police, i told myself i will never unlock my phone or follow them anywhere. I had the police ppro number on my phone, thinking that will save me , maybe i will just talk to SIRI to call the PPRO and not have to unlock my phone but it wasn't possible cuz i was in the midst of five hefty policemen with scary faces and rifles. They told me to either unlock my phone and let them check it or i follow them to station. I told them i need to call my parents and tell them their son is going to jail but my request was denied and they started mentioning names of yahoo boys that i probably work with one of em. All this drama was right in the middle of a busy road, everyone that passed at that moment will probably think the police are working and they have caught a criminal. I was marched to their van where i met police No 6. He sounded polite at first till he said you will go to jail unless you open your phone. I told him i prefer jail then police no 2 used his gun to hit me and told me to enter the van.
I told him i have never entered a police van and i don't think i can follow them anywhere without my parents knowing my whereabouts..
He pushed me inside the van and said "i know you are a yahoo boy, just settle us ". I told him me settling you guys means am a yahoo boy and am not. Police No 1 started making a fake call:
Him: we have caught a yahoo boy, please bring a car and lets take him to the station.
He looked at me after the call and said " when you get to the station, we have experts , they will open ur iphone in seconds without ur password.
He threatened me that they were going to open a cyber fraud case file for me and i will be tortured .
While we were going back and forth that i wasn't going to unlock my phone, i spotted the deputy police PRO Aliyu giwa and i called out to him. He was coming to that same place cuz they harassed someone earlier and the person went to report to him and he followed the person to Maryland to find out who harassed the guy. I quickly jumped out of the van and ran to where Aliyu giwa was standing.
He asked them why they put me inside their van and they said i look like a yahoo boy. He asked me if they had collected anything from me. I said yes my phone,he collected it and gave it back to me.
@aleeygiwa saved me today, he might not be able to save me from these corrupt and wicked policemen tomorrow.
#saynotopolicebrutaility

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/man-shares-his-police-brutality.html
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO7zGPQDvOc/?taken-by=stephenkobams

Watch the video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ulpVDMDaM

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by saints2(f): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Say no to police brutality...

See more exclusive pictures here...

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/man-shares-his-police-brutality.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by temitemi1(m): 3:40am On Jan 07, 2017
police is indeed your friend undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Kingxway: 4:46am On Jan 07, 2017
When will Nigeria start playing their cards properly?

These police men will be no where to be found when their profession is really needed.

You see them giving excuses and keep asking unnecessary questions just to dodge their responsibilities as security operatives

14 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by iseyinoro(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2017
God bless Alee Giwa, Ketu brought up doing well for himself and the country. Ajijola Anobi Mosque representing.

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by spinna: 4:57am On Jan 07, 2017
armu robbers in uniform God help us..better still lets help ourselves. This is why change is not real because until this changes there is no change.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by gbaskiboy: 5:07am On Jan 07, 2017
How did you manage to record the video when you are being harassed? How was the video record done? These are questions I would like to find out from you?
I have seen, heard and even experienced police brutality. Maybe NPF should change their style of recruiting and adequate training should be given on how to handle issues in the public. NPF are backward, they need update

6 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by springer: 5:09am On Jan 07, 2017
Nigeria must survive.

25 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Dexema(m): 5:24am On Jan 07, 2017
I hate these guys with passion, how can you stop someone and start harassing him telling him to open his phone? Freaking bastards, just keep sharing that video and that useless officers name until they get sacked or something.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Toosure70: 5:36am On Jan 07, 2017
too bad
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Toosure70: 5:37am On Jan 07, 2017
circulate this video until government deal with the mumus.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by pesty100(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Misuse of police power is something else in this country. That was how we were stopped the other day while travelling by police and then all the guys in the car was asked to open their bags for checking. A guy almost got arrested because a new power bank which he just bought was found in his bag

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by pesty100(m): 6:55am On Jan 07, 2017
Lalasticala
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by dotman4real007(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2017
you are lucky. those criminals in uniform can do an undo. I hate 9ja policemen with passion!

6 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
Terrible job
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by aragon4realz(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
pls can some one tell me what the f#ck is going on on nairaland cos Nairalanders are taking the f#ck issues to a f#ckin new level by not giving a f#ck at all,
pls how did this started cos I see f#ck everywhere on our great nairaland

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
The young man made a lot of mistakes. probably he looked to gentle, then he greeted them first (from his convo above). the best and fastest way to unsettle a policeman esp those rank & files is not to strike a conversation with them. then when they greet u, reply boldly and with some strength to ur voice "how are you". give them one word answer to any question asked. them dey always go after ppl weyn get their time.

***but all these ones no go work for SARS ooo, just pray not to fall into temptation.

4 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by herdekunley9ja(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Story for the godssss ooooo..... grin
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by NNVanguard(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
This leaves one to ask the million naira question, Is the NPF really our Friend?

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by DirtyGold: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
Police is your friend indeed! What do they teach these guys during training sef?

What's tha business?

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by hizaya61(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
OK
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Humbleiyke: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
Just watched it but...

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
The video is not long anyway. And how are we sure you're saying the truth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by nairaman66(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
It is high time for the Nigerian police force to be disbanded!! A stitch in time saves nine..

2 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by famousbowale: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
We don't have police personal in Nigeria.

All we have are unqualified and unemployed people that sees it as a means of livelihood.

God save us from those assigned to protect us.

N.B always pray before u go out daily

7 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by casttlebarbz(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
too bad
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
Saints2
I would have said u are a yahoo boy,buh wat is my business there...
Wetin concern naija police with my phone
Instead of collecting my iPhone...na 2 kuku kill me cos if I unlock am
I would have said na Kirikiri I go do
Buh wat is ur business there!!!!
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by tboyO2: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Arase stopped this bullshit before
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Btruth: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
When will police in this country started to have sense? How come their mindset is always about evil?

Olorun waa shanu waa nii Nigeria oooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Beats 8-month Pregnant Wife To Coma With A Hammer / Child Kidnapper Escapes Death In Otukpo (PHOTOS) / Edo Police Parade 118 Suspects (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.