Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) (16599 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by bookface: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
Your senators and house of rep members take home well over 30 million naira on a monthly basis.

More than 3/4 of the police force take home less than 100,000 monthly.

You don't see where the problem is?

You expect the Police to serve you with their lives, but you don't do much to see to it that the best men are recruited and properly taken care of!

How many of you have written to your senator/house of rep member demanding for better living wage and working conditions for the men in uniform?

They have to eat too! Their kids have to go to school too! If you want them to serve you better, they must be properly taken care of too!

The answer is this -- cut the pay to the National Assembly idiots who really don't do anything - then spend more money to rebuild the Nigerian Police - to attract, train and retain talents .
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by mrikay: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Police are nothing but thugs in Uniform! The Police should be Disbanded as they are utterly useless!

I know government will be afraid to disband the police force because they don't know what to do with the boys... I have a solution: put them in a big ship, take it to the middle of the ocean, and then sink it with explosives!

There! Problem Solved!
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by princeemmma(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
herdekunley9ja:
Story for the godssss ooooo..... grin
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
dabraska:
No offence to the guy but he was wrong. Police asked you to unlock your phone. C'mon show it to them! They have the right to ask to search your phone or belongings. That's why they are policemen. You refusing to open your phone is not right.

However, how you could have had a case is if you were being accused wrongly of being a yahoo boy after your phone has been searched.

He then jumped out of the van while under investigation shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
SUPERPACK:
what of in the struggle process he was shot by the policeman, will they nt collect the phone, dis is naija and at the end of the day u will here that it was an accidental discharge.
LETS LIVE TO FIGHT TOMORROW.

I said this before and my a$$ was kicked on here for 3 days straight grin

People don't get it. Stop fighting police, stop arguing with them.

Do what you can to temper and not escalate the situation. Collect evidence surreptitiously and then go file a report later and post evidence on social media.

But it seems naija people too like their over sabi and gragra.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by dabraska: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
While I agree with your method of reasoning and the reasons behind them, I may be wrong. But let's look at the facts critically. A policeman stops you to check your phone and since you have nothing to hide, why don't you show them?

Putting in consideration the clime we are in. Your phone is your property, but understand that your state is kept clean from these yahoo boys and criminals because of random searches like these. Police guys are crazy no doubt, but I want to believe that they won't hold you for things that you aren't guilty of. It's more like a stop and search. It's done all over the world. You don't need a search warrant to do that. If you had obliged, there won't be a need for a scene.

adrusa:

This is a very silly comment. No policeman has a right to ask you to unlock your phone without a proper reason backed up by a warrant. It is like a random policeman batching into your home and ask for a search with no prior case, no warrant, no nothing. It is because mumus like you oblige them that makes them get emboldened to continue such stupid thing. No policeman can ask to see my phone not to talk of unlocking it.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by dabraska: 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
Let's leave warrants alone. A policeman can walk up to you and get details from you at his/her discretion. It's also done abroad. Remember hat these guys are first human before being uniform men. So there is the tendency to misbehave. However, If a policeman walks up to you, kindly comply and when he's done and can't find nothing, then you have a case.

pesty100:
show me the statue that allows police to tell you to unlock your phone without a warrant
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by pesty100(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
dabraska:
Let's leave warrants alone. A policeman can walk up to you and get details from you at his/her discretion. It's also done abroad. Remember hat these guys are first human before being uniform men. So there is the tendency to misbehave. However, If a policeman walks up to you, kindly comply and when he's done and can't find nothing, then you have a case.

why should we leave warrant alone? Getting details from you is different from been told to unlock your phone. No police man has the right to search your house without warrant talk less your phone. I don't think we should always turn the other check i believe the right thing should be done in the face of any adversary.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by dabraska: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Brother, I totally agree with you. You'd also agree with me that wisdom, in this part of the world is necessary. Only a man who's alive can fight. A dead man is gone and forgotten. In emergency exeptions, no warrant is needed. Please check Google. The policemen can easily claim that it's an emergency situation.

pesty100:
why should we leave warrant alone? Getting details from you is different from been told to unlock your phone. No police man has the right to search your house without warrant talk less your phone. I don't think we should always turn the other check i believe the right thing should be done in the face of any adversary.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by pesty100(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
dabraska:
Brother, I totally agree with you. You'd also agree with me that wisdom, in this part of the world is necessary. Only a man who's alive can fight. A dead man is gone and forgotten. In emergency exeptions, no warrant is needed. Please check Google. The policemen can easily claim that it's an emergency situation.

you're right. It just pains me that the people who are trusted with our lives, money and property just has the right to take it any time without any repercussions.,we should really do something, anything about this. This shit pains me so much I feel I might lose my life if a police man stops and trys to encroach on my civil rights. I call the rights my fvck1ng civil rights for fvcks sake. Am p1ssed

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
dabraska:

You really are ignorant.

Tell me one advanced country where this is done. Smh.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by davidif: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
Wow! shocked shocked
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by dabraska: 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
Well, You may be right afterall. I'm ignorant about a lot of things. To that I agree. Let's look at it this way:

A policeman, based on suspicion can choose to search you without a warrant. This is called an emergency exception. Please you can check Google if in doubt. My brother's car in the U.S has been searched a couple of times for no reason. He finds it funny but I believe that they are just doing their job.

masonkz:

You really are ignorant.

Tell me one advanced country where this is done. Smh.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
dabraska:
Well, You may be right afterall. I'm ignorant about a lot of things. To that I agree. Let's look at it this way:

A policeman, based on suspicion can choose to search you without a warrant. This is called an emergency exception. Please you can check Google if in doubt. My brother's car in the U.S has been searched a couple of times for no reason. He finds it funny but I believe that they are just doing their job.

There's a difference between a car and a phone.

You need a license to drive a car. Hence a police would naturally want to search that.

You need your car documents up to date before you can drive a car. Same thing applies as above.

On suspicion of drug use/alcohol use, you shouldn't be driving a car, as you'd be endangering the lives of others and not just yours, hence a police can search you and your car.

How exactly do all these apply to someone with a phone

Again, know your right. There's a reason the Black Lives Matter movement started, arising from unfair treatment.

Freedom is sometimes attained when the masses decide that enough is enough and start speaking out.
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Gagaboy1212(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
You are lucky say no be sarzs catch you for don end 6ft under the ground all those one no dey hear story if u no get money them go kill you fact so just be careful around any forces in nigeria cos they be scam and them waste people life anyhow let me tell you a story.
This type of harrasment happened to a man some years ago at night SARZ do patrol in lagos so one day this man was unfortunate and was caught while walking on the road they made false accusition that he was a yahoo boy and he wasn't but a university fresh graduate looking for job on that fateful day He left home for the company who called him for interview and on his way back he encountered what was stated above the officers brutally harrased the guy and threw him into their van when they got to their office they said he should call his family so they will bale him but the family had no money and he called home explaining to them all what had happened.The family answered and the officers told them they should not be late and come and bale him very fast all in the time to search for the huge amount the guy was taken as part of the people to be killed by the sarz and they took him away cos no one came to ask for him so the guy was later killed after some months his mother came back hoping to see his child but was told he was in sarz custody cos his mother wasn't around during the time that happened,so his mother went to their custody and they told him to identify his son by bringing a picture of him when his mother brought out the picture they knew the guy had been killed so his mother was told to come back later in the evening dat she will see her son but when she went back she was also killed and that was how everything ended.Everyday some people are arrested for the crime they did not commit so everyone should be careful and don't do things that can implicate them
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by Wizmike111(m): 2:12am On Jan 08, 2017
25 Suspects Just Got Arrested By Police For
Possession Of Fake International Passports
(Photos)

CLICK HERE TO READ & SEE MORE PHOTOS => http://naijcrackgist..in/2017/01/25-suspects-just-got-arrested-by-police.html

Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by franklynsunny(m): 10:05am On Jan 08, 2017
I experience d same tin n after 1hr of nonsense questioning
Dey took d only 4k left in ma pocket

God
Govt should address dis iss

It's nt only yahoo boy dat luks rich
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by minero7vs7(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ogudu Area H is worse the call one Talleat and another Prince they are useless. I was beaten and dragged on the floor I was almost shut because I asked why I was forced into their van and didn’t go against traffic law and wasn’t with anything to implicate me. The next they said was that I passed through BRT lane she I showed them my work ID because they claimed I was a Yahoo boy and only a Yahoo boy would buy my kinda car Toyota Camry. I told them to call my boss to confirm if I work or fodged the card. Then they claimed I am into drug and took drug or cannabis and I asked to talk to my lawyer to request a blood test to confirm a trace of drug in my blood. All this while the handcuff me because I refused to get into their van and didn’t want them to take my car but they subdued me they were six in numbers. We got to the station in Ogudu and was told to write a statement. I requested to talk to my family they said no that I should start writing against myself that I passed through BRT lane and all other things which I refused then another round of beaten started by four policemen and they took me to the counter forced my belt and wedding ring off and threw me into the cell Dec 30, 2016. I was in the cell till the next Monday when my wife came thank goodness to the call I was allowed to make when I didn’t allow them to sleep to allow me call my wife. They roped me the next morning that I passed through BRT and was with an Ashawo who me I called my wife and at that point my wife was boiling and just wanted me to leave so I could gave trouble because they know they won’t get any money if they story is not sweet that’s how my wife bought into it with her Dad they caughed out #27,000 for my bail and they never brought me out of allow me access to my lawyer and all they told me was to leave peacefully and don’t say anything. I didn’t know mon was paid I just shut my mouth and eager to get home becase I was dying dehydrated they never gave me water despite ahouting I was tasty. Apart from facing hell with my wife I was hospitalized and been having pains since then. As of its not enough, every time I pass through the linked bridge from Ibadan Ojota to enter Ketu, they stop and check and when they find nothing they ask for money or they seize your ID and threaten to take you the station for something you know nothing of and because of how they roped me I would beg just to allow me go to work but they would delay me and it almost cost me and my wife our job because I drop her first before going to mine. My wife just resigned because she get late to work and get quarried all the time as I won’t take her to work early anymore since I stopped driving my car and dangerous for her to go througj transport 5am in the morning… God and whoever is concerns should help with Ogudu Station to do the right thing and stop looking and taking everybody that drives as Yahoo when they are able to identify themselves and you just don’t stop cars anyhow. I know whoever will be on duty and other policemen that would be there on that day will suffer all they caused me, my wife’s money and the pain the day they get caught. Thank God my wife saw the drama on Jan 5th & 6th 2017 when we drove passed she even dragged with them because she found out they roped me. Mine happened again thr same day Aliyu stopped Maryland police… Your days are numbered Ogudu Area H Police! @Dabraka: Must it be everyday? I allow them search my phone every time still they stoop so low to ask you to cooperate and give them money... You must be a police man. If man no catch or judge you, God Almighty will! That's why ya'all die painful death!
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by minero7vs7(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
@Bookface: Must they join police force? Why not join the senate or look for well paid job or start busness . You must be one of them and would definitely encourage crime I see you giving out guns to criminals. Is it by force to be a police?
Re: Man Shares His Police Brutality Experience In Lagos (Pics + Video) by pesty100(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
minero7vs7:
Ogudu Area H is worse the call one Talleat and another Prince they are useless. I was beaten and dragged on the floor I was almost shut because I asked why I was forced into their van and didn’t go against traffic law and wasn’t with anything to implicate me. The next they said was that I passed through BRT lane she I showed them my work ID because they claimed I was a Yahoo boy and only a Yahoo boy would buy my kinda car Toyota Camry. I told them to call my boss to confirm if I work or fodged the card. Then they claimed I am into drug and took drug or cannabis and I asked to talk to my lawyer to request a blood test to confirm a trace of drug in my blood. All this while the handcuff me because I refused to get into their van and didn’t want them to take my car but they subdued me they were six in numbers. We got to the station in Ogudu and was told to write a statement. I requested to talk to my family they said no that I should start writing against myself that I passed through BRT lane and all other things which I refused then another round of beaten started by four policemen and they took me to the counter forced my belt and wedding ring off and threw me into the cell Dec 30, 2016. I was in the cell till the next Monday when my wife came thank goodness to the call I was allowed to make when I didn’t allow them to sleep to allow me call my wife. They roped me the next morning that I passed through BRT and was with an Ashawo who me I called my wife and at that point my wife was boiling and just wanted me to leave so I could gave trouble because they know they won’t get any money if they story is not sweet that’s how my wife bought into it with her Dad they caughed out #27,000 for my bail and they never brought me out of allow me access to my lawyer and all they told me was to leave peacefully and don’t say anything. I didn’t know mon was paid I just shut my mouth and eager to get home becase I was dying dehydrated they never gave me water despite ahouting I was tasty. Apart from facing hell with my wife I was hospitalized and been having pains since then. As of its not enough, every time I pass through the linked bridge from Ibadan Ojota to enter Ketu, they stop and check and when they find nothing they ask for money or they seize your ID and threaten to take you the station for something you know nothing of and because of how they roped me I would beg just to allow me go to work but they would delay me and it almost cost me and my wife our job because I drop her first before going to mine. My wife just resigned because she get late to work and get quarried all the time as I won’t take her to work early anymore since I stopped driving my car and dangerous for her to go througj transport 5am in the morning… God and whoever is concerns should help with Ogudu Station to do the right thing and stop looking and taking everybody that drives as Yahoo when they are able to identify themselves and you just don’t stop cars anyhow. I know whoever will be on duty and other policemen that would be there on that day will suffer all they caused me, my wife’s money and the pain the day they get caught. Thank God my wife saw the drama on Jan 5th & 6th 2017 when we drove passed she even dragged with them because she found out they roped me. Mine happened again thr same day Aliyu stopped Maryland police… Your days are numbered Ogudu Area H Police! @Dabraka: Must it be everyday? I allow them search my phone every time still they stoop so low to ask you to cooperate and give them money... You must be a police man. If man no catch or judge you, God Almighty will! That's why ya'all die painful death!
you should do something. Anything you were treated unfairly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Beats 8-month Pregnant Wife To Coma With A Hammer / Child Kidnapper Escapes Death In Otukpo (PHOTOS) / Bandit Kingpins, Kachallah, Madagwal, 12 Others Killed In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.